Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship help please! (Updated)

AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
Ok, so I mentioned about having a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sim in some discussions, that sim I'll call Angie. He had woohooed with both Henry & Linda, which are the parents of the Stein household. Angie is kinda person that will sleep with anyone so I had him sleep with them for the first time for some fun. I thought it would bring up some drama in the marriage of Henry & Linda. But they didn't discuss it at all XD So it didn't cause drama. And recently I aged Henry & Linda up to elders since before they were adults. Now they are elders, cause I don't want them to out live their 5 kids. (Don't worry, Angie isn't related, he is just leaving in their house with them.) And Olivia (their eldest daughter) & Ben (their eldest son) are very close in their age meter, which I don't like. I don't want them to grow up at the same rate. So I aged their parents up to elders so they'd be oldest, and soon I play to age up Olivia from teen to young adult.

And for a present of Henry & Linda becoming elderly, I had Angie woohoo with them again as a present. Angie woohooed Henry first, and then gotten around to Linda after a while since their lives got busy. (Both Henry & Linda survived it). After Angie woohooed Linda, he asked to be friends with her to end the romantic relationship. And soon after, I had Angie tell Henry the same.

And Henry got MAD! He's a good sim by nature (trait), nothing in his life made him mad but that news! I tried to get them to talk it out, to be friends at least, but Henry is so bitter! I don't know why he's so upset. I can only guess it's because Angie didn't ask to be friends right after he had woohooed Henry like he had with Linda. So Henry was lead on that Angie loved him.

I don't know how to fix this. Whenever I tried to get them to talk Henry would start to be mischievous or mean towards Angie! And the person icon would be red with minuses as their relationship is in the red and nearly dead. :cry: I didn't know Henry could get so cruel whenever someone else is mean or evil to Henry, Henry gets sad from it. I don't want Henry to die being angry at Angie. How can I get them on friendly terms again?

I have the base game. I'm not against using cheats at all. Please, I don't want my sims to die from anger ever. Please be kind.
~~~
Update: Good news! Angie and Henry are on good terms again! I kept working on it and I got rid of the red in the romance bar between them! After that their romance was growing, cause I made them flirt. I had them woohoo and afterwards, Angie asked to be friends and Henry was chill about it! :smiley:

So for other simmers, always make sure after woohooing to Ask to be Friends to cut off the romantic relationship between two sims, and they'll both be okay with ending romance yet still be friendly with each other. :3 If you waited like I did previously, then one sim can be very upset when Asked to be friends when it's been days since two had woohooed. So do it immediately, to ensure the sims won't be upset over it.

Thanks for all your help! I just played it out, and I was able to work it out without cheats. So maybe I got lucky, Idk, but it's all good again :3
Post edited by Anitalifegurl on

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My best advice is to let them cool off and avoid having them interact until their bad moodlets wear off. You can also disable autonomy and they won't interact on their own.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    My best advice is to let them cool off and avoid having them interact until their bad moodlets wear off. You can also disable autonomy and they won't interact on their own.

Yeah. I'll probably have to try that. I just don't want him to die bitter since he's elderly now. I'm scared he'll die randomly from something before he can be okay with Angie again. I'll probably try to disable death for Henry so I can be less scared he'll die before his time. Thanks. :smiley:
    edited January 2020
    You can also disable aging until they are good again :)

PS: And make a backup save of now.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    If you have MCCC you can use easily change their relationship from a negative one to a positive one. That is your easiest way to fix a bad relationship. There is also the cheat to use to change your sim's friendship and romantic levels too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    You can also disable aging until they are good again :)

PS: And make a backup save of now.

What? O.O But Henry is at elder, and Angie is young adult. And I didn't think about turning aging off. Thanks :smiley:
    drakharis wrote: »
    If you have MCCC you can use easily change their relationship from a negative one to a positive one. That is your easiest way to fix a bad relationship. There is also the cheat to use to change your sim's friendship and romantic levels too.

I don't know what MCCC is or how to use it at all. :/
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    You could also try having them talk only on the phone or chat on the computer a couple of times while staying away from each other in person. At least, in my game the phone and computer hardly ever have negative effects on relationships.
    Daephene wrote: »
    You could also try having them talk only on the phone or chat on the computer a couple of times while staying away from each other in person. At least, in my game the phone and computer hardly ever have negative effects on relationships.

True, but I never tried to text in Sims 4 so I'm not sure how it would go down. Lol. But I can always try it :3 Thanks for the comment :smiley:
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Using the take photo with option on the phone is a quick way to add friendship points. You can take 5 at a time and from a neutral relationship raises it to at least a quarter full. I fimd this an easy way to grow stalled friendships.
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Using the take photo with option on the phone is a quick way to add friendship points. You can take 5 at a time and from a neutral relationship raises it to at least a quarter full. I fimd this an easy way to grow stalled friendships.

But Henry is angry, I'm not sure if he'd want to take a photo with Angie XD Lol. But I think once I get them neutral then maybe they can do some selfies and they can be friendly again xD Thanks :smiley:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    @Anitalifegurl Sounds to me like you have a real soap-opera there. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Regarding the photo shoot thing.. why? How does that even make any sense? I recently played with the Moschino SP and after doing a couple of photo shoots with a complete stranger, my Sim and they were the best of friends. My relationship with people who photograph me is not impacted by them doing so. Another case of Sims 4 (il)logic, I guess :/

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, if Henry is still Angry, it is best to get that moodlet removed by Calming Self Down in the mirror, cooking some Flaming Hot Spaghetti, Take Angry Poop, Take Cold Shower, hit a punching bag, go for a jog (be careful of the Dangerously Tired moodlet since he's an Elder, but a short one should be fine), Blog About Feelings, write in a Diary, (you may not have this last one in just Base Game) etc. He may get Sad if Angie is Evil, since he is a Good Sim, but if you can keep Angie from doing Mean interactions, he shouldn't get Angry. Angie could possibly Try To Cheer Up if he is Sad. When they are both in a good mood is ideally the time to do the Friendly and Funny interactions.

If you would like to cheat this in, instead, you will need to open up the Cheat Window, press Ctrl Shift C, type in:

testingcheats true

It will say Testing Cheats Enabled.

Then enter:

modifyrelationship Henry (Lastname) Angie (Lastname) 100 LTR_Friendship_Main

Then enter:

modifyrelationship Angie (Lastname) Henry (Lastname) 100 LTR_Friendship_Main

I think these cheats are working at the moment, although they do break from some of the Patches. The last name should be without parenthesis. This will totally fill the Friendship bar, but you can substitute 25, 50, etc, instead of 100, if you wish.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Anitalifegurl Sounds to me like you have a real soap-opera there. :D

Yeah XD None of the drama was really happening and now all of it is happening XDD It's funny but I don't want Henry to die from his anger. XD
    Regarding the photo shoot thing.. why? How does that even make any sense? I recently played with the Moschino SP and after doing a couple of photo shoots with a complete stranger, my Sim and they were the best of friends. My relationship with people who photograph me is not impacted by them doing so. Another case of Sims 4 (il)logic, I guess :/

Lol, same. Sim logic can be so weird XD Idk, it might be an "activity" two sims can do, and they can like it maybe? Idk I haven't tried it out yet.
    Yeah, if Henry is still Angry, it is best to get that moodlet removed by Calming Self Down in the mirror, cooking some Flaming Hot Spaghetti, Take Angry Poop, Take Cold Shower, hit a punching bag, go for a jog (be careful of the Dangerously Tired moodlet since he's an Elder, but a short one should be fine), Blog About Feelings, write in a Diary, (you may not have this last one in just Base Game) etc. He may get Sad if Angie is Evil, since he is a Good Sim, but if you can keep Angie from doing Mean interactions, he shouldn't get Angry. Angie could possibly Try To Cheer Up if he is Sad. When they are both in a good mood is ideally the time to do the Friendly and Funny interactions.

If you would like to cheat this in, instead, you will need to open up the Cheat Window, press Ctrl Shift C, type in:

testingcheats true

It will say Testing Cheats Enabled.

Then enter:

Then enter:

I think these cheats are working at the moment, although they do break from some of the Patches. The last name should be without parenthesis. This will totally fill the Friendship bar, but you can substitute 25, 50, etc, instead of 100, if you wish.

Thanks! :smiley: XDD "Take Angry Poop" XD I NEVER gotten that option ever so far! XD Aw, now I want that option XD That sounds hilarious! Thanks for the ideas to calm them down. Yeah, it's probably best if I have them avoid each other for a while, until they can be neutral. Angie isn't evil, he's very flirty and enjoys sleeping around with many sims. He's not out to to break any hearts. But I think I messed up. I probably should have had Angie ask to be friends with Henry after they woohooed, then maybe Henry wouldn't be so upset. Linda took becoming friends with Angie calmly. And I tried to have them both interact in a friendly manner, but as soon as I was playing as Angie, I couldn't stop Henry from being mean or mischievous towards him :cry: I'm just afraid if Henry keeps going like this he'll die from his anger or he'll be an angry ghost after death. :cry: I don't want that. And if all those fail, I'll use cheats to force them to be friendly again xD
    Then enter:

Then enter:

Actually, you only need to do it once, either order of the two names they both get the relationship whatever you set it to. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Anitalifegurl I eventually found the cheats and advice on much of the Sim4 stuff here:

https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/all-guides.php

I have it bookmarked directly to the cheat page now for quick reference. Alot to learn there though. Carl's stuff really helped me out, and continues too. Like toddlers, children, and careers, for example.

Some things , (although I can), I get sick of "grinding". It's a waste of fun time unless it is part of the main things I'm doing in the game, like seeing if I can get two sims to like each other or not through the grind like visiting or on a date or something. If it wasn't for the option to fast-forward the boring stuff and get on with the game, that would have killed Sims4 for me. It's because I saw some people's videos with mods that got me interested in actually buying the game in the first place. The earlier Sims like Sims (1), really turned me off quick.

The building stuff and crafting stuff is what really got me to buy the game. The people stuff is fun too, of course! ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Then enter:

Then enter:

Actually, you only need to do it once, either order of the two names they both get the relationship whatever you set it to. ;)

I managed to do it without the cheat. But it's still good to know it in case :smiley:
    @Anitalifegurl I eventually found the cheats and advice on much of the Sim4 stuff here:

https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/all-guides.php

I have it bookmarked directly to the cheat page now for quick reference. Alot to learn there though. Carl's stuff really helped me out, and continues too. Like toddlers, children, and careers, for example.

Some things , (although I can), I get sick of "grinding". It's a waste of fun time unless it is part of the main things I'm doing in the game, like seeing if I can get two sims to like each other or not through the grind like visiting or on a date or something. If it wasn't for the option to fast-forward the boring stuff and get on with the game, that would have killed Sims4 for me. It's because I saw some people's videos with mods that got me interested in actually buying the game in the first place. The earlier Sims like Sims (1), really turned me off quick.

The building stuff and crafting stuff is what really got me to buy the game. The people stuff is fun too, of course! ;)

Thanks I do some times visit Carl's sims guides for help. But the community been so open and kind, that I forget about guides and just ask on the forums.

And totally, grinding for skills can get so boring so fast :/ Especially if the sim is just repeating motions and babbling nonsense. It's not amusing to watch that forever. So yeah, I can get sick of grinding the skills up fast. But it's cute and amusing to see the interactions happen. I don't know what I'd do if there wasn't a fast forward either XD I like having control over the flow of their time XD It helps get specific things done.

Uh, the earliest Sims game I remember playing was on Gamecube. I made a sim and was housed with an elder who was gonna teach my sim how to survive and do tasks in the game. That one was so bad. The elder was so annoying, yelling and nagging. I doubt I got very far before dropping that one forever. The next was Sims University I guess, where my cousin and I made college aged sims. Lol, I can only remember from that my sim was a goth girl and that's it. Another time, was a Sims game on a computer. I made a mom and daughter in that one. Eventually I couldn't get the daughter to wake up for school so she got sent to the military! She got up from bed, got in her uniform as the military bus came to collect her. Then she was GONE after getting on that bus. So just having the mom left, I decided, why not let the mom have some fun? And so I had the mom throw parties and try to hook up with a neighbor.

I think I got Sims 4 cause of some funny videos I saw and it's been great so far :smiley:
    Then enter:

Then enter:

I managed to do it without the cheat. But it's still good to know it in case :smiley:

Glad that you got their relationship back without having to cheat! Yes, Ask To Be Friends usually avoids the drama. The Angry Poop option shows up if they're Angry at the same time the Bladder Need is low, so it isn't always there. It is quite funny--they look so angry on the throne, lol.

It has been a long time since I've done this cheat, since I now use MCCC. But I swear you used to have to do it both ways round. My memory could be off, tho. I do know for sure that once I had two Sims who felt quite differently about each other. His Romance bar wasn't even half full, and she was an NPC. But I did add her to the Household so they could go on Vacation together. (They would often disappear from the Vacation, if you tried to bring them along just by selecting them from Acquaintances Menu. They may have fixed this.) I then saw that her Romance bar was totally full. No wonder she was always coming over, poor girl, and he was like, not that into her, haha. After I saw that, I didn't make them do Romantic interactions because I felt like I was forcing him, haha. She would do them autonomously, but he didn't, and they never got more evened out. I wonder if this isn't a thing anymore? I haven't noticed it being super uneven with members of the same household. You can't tell with an NPC of course, unless you add them, or play in their household. I'll be so mad if it isn't possible, because I thought it was quite realistic.
    Then enter:

Then enter:

Glad that you got their relationship back without having to cheat! Yes, Ask To Be Friends usually avoids the drama. The Angry Poop option shows up if they're Angry at the same time the Bladder Need is low, so it isn't always there. It is quite funny--they look so angry on the throne, lol.

It has been a long time since I've done this cheat, since I now use MCCC. But I swear you used to have to do it both ways round. My memory could be off, tho. I do know for sure that once I had two Sims who felt quite differently about each other. His Romance bar wasn't even half full, and she was an NPC. But I did add her to the Household so they could go on Vacation together. (They would often disappear from the Vacation, if you tried to bring them along just by selecting them from Acquaintances Menu. They may have fixed this.) I then saw that her Romance bar was totally full. No wonder she was always coming over, poor girl, and he was like, not that into her, haha. After I saw that, I didn't make them do Romantic interactions because I felt like I was forcing him, haha. She would do them autonomously, but he didn't, and they never got more evened out. I wonder if this isn't a thing anymore? I haven't noticed it being super uneven with members of the same household. You can't tell with an NPC of course, unless you add them, or play in their household. I'll be so mad if it isn't possible, because I thought it was quite realistic.

I'm glad too cause like I said before I don't want my sims to die with negative moodlets and that end up being their main ghostly feeling. Yeah, I somehow managed to get them to talk without Henry being too harsh. When that worked out, I wanted to erase the red from the romance bar. It took a while but Angie got Henry in the mood and they went off to have some fun. After that woohooing session, Angie asked to be friends with Henry. And Henry was glad about it that time. And it erased all color from their romance bars for each other :smiley: Then I think I had Henry go woohoo with his wife cause he was still hot and bothered lol. :3

Your story sounds like it's realistic, someone wanting someone that isn't interested in the other for some reason or another. Idk maybe she was testing the waters, seeing if he'd give her a chance since she's straight from what I read about her. That if sims go after another sim autonomously then it's their preference of gender of that sim they want. Lol, but sims are odd. So who knows, he probably thought she was weird and wanted her to back off.

Hehe, I hope I'll get Angry Poop option at some point cause it's probably gold to see the sim's grumpy face when they gonna go so bad and being angry. XD

edited January 2020
    It has been a long time since I've done this cheat, since I now use MCCC.

I've gone the other direction with "cheats" and removed most MCCC stuff since it was causing conflicts with other mods, and the genealogy display, (which I like looking at all the time). I prefer the manual cheats better anyways since it only affects one thing at a time instead of a whole bunch of things at once. I did keep the MCCC one where you can modify age duration though. And one other MCCC cheat mod feature, can't remember what one at the moment...

It takes longer to modify a Sim (or Sims) that way, manually, of course. Plus there's some cheats that are unnecessary like aging up. All you need to do is put candles on a cake and have them blow it out, put more candles on, blow them out again. You can actually go from toddler to elder that way it you wanted to, lol! Aging up (or down) with MCCC often broke the genealogy line(s) in the display.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Then enter:

Then enter:

I'm glad too cause like I said before I don't want my sims to die with negative moodlets and that end up being their main ghostly feeling. Yeah, I somehow managed to get them to talk without Henry being too harsh. When that worked out, I wanted to erase the red from the romance bar. It took a while but Angie got Henry in the mood and they went off to have some fun. After that woohooing session, Angie asked to be friends with Henry. And Henry was glad about it that time. And it erased all color from their romance bars for each other :smiley: Then I think I had Henry go woohoo with his wife cause he was still hot and bothered lol. :3

Your story sounds like it's realistic, someone wanting someone that isn't interested in the other for some reason or another. Idk maybe she was testing the waters, seeing if he'd give her a chance since she's straight from what I read about her. That if sims go after another sim autonomously then it's their preference of gender of that sim they want. Lol, but sims are odd. So who knows, he probably thought she was weird and wanted her to back off.

Hehe, I hope I'll get Angry Poop option at some point cause it's probably gold to see the sim's grumpy face when they gonna go so bad and being angry. XD

You're welcome. Yeah, I remember one time I had a Teen that was coming home after curfew. His mom was on the johnny with Angry Poop interaction, and even though it was just from her Hotheaded Trait, it was spot on for the occasion. 😏 He got a talking-to.
    It has been a long time since I've done this cheat, since I now use MCCC.

I've gone the other direction with "cheats" and removed most MCCC stuff since it was causing conflicts with other mods, and the genealogy display, (which I like looking at all the time). I prefer the manual cheats better anyways since it only affects one thing at a time instead of a whole bunch of things at once. I did keep the MCCC one where you can modify age duration though. And one other MCCC cheat mod feature, can't remember what one at the moment...

It takes longer to modify a Sim (or Sims) that way, manually, of course. Plus there's some cheats that are unnecessary like aging up. All you need to do is put candles on a cake and have them blow it out, put more candles on, blow them out again. You can actually go from toddler to elder that way it you wanted to, lol! Aging up (or down) with MCCC often broke the genealogy line(s) in the display.

Lol, I can't remember if I was told what MCCC is or not XD I can't remember right now what it is if I was told. But yeah, having working cheats is awesome :smiley: I mainly use cheats to keep their needs full so they don't have to stop to fill a need cause skill takes forever to build. XD So there's no need for breaks when they can be avoided by filling the needs when they are low.