Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited January 2020
    @ciane I love your Royal Scots Observation Lounge, looks amazing and wonderful! <3

I may or may not have used a stuff pack, I'm sorry, I forgot to check it before I uploaded!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    It's windy and potentially stormy here too, I'm about to shut down my pc until the warning is over. Stay safe Suzses, Bree and any other southerners.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @soocoolsim, I can do another dining car. Paula will you also put me down for this one on the Royal Scotsman train? Dining car #2 (choice of either red or tan/gold upholstery).Thx!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my two train cars. I actually liked how those Chinese beds came out too on the sleeping car! My dining car said it had black lacquer paneling so that was the best I could come up with, lol. I didn't care for the brown in the carpet, but that's how the real train was.

@Jessabeans, aww thanks for mentioning my cruise ship I did. Wow, that will be a big undertaking if we decide to include one of those, lol.

@BreeMiles, your dining car looks beautiful, love the dark green on the tablecloths, decor looks really elegant and rich.

@Ciane, your observation car came out really nice. I love the bar area and your choice of curtains and lights. Well done!

@suzses, haha on our lamps we both used, lol. And I don't think I commented on your Minerva WIP, that one is really striking!

Hope everyone stays safe with the storms/wind.

P.S. I just noticed on my exterior VSOE train picture that my "fire be gones" are not there. I will have to remember to go fix those before uploading. @BreeMiles, I see in your exterior picture that yours are gone as well. :#
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Oh NO, what is that you are talking about Sandy?

Oh sorry Bree. Rox used the fire be gone object (red fire hose from Ambitions and recolored them all black) on the ends of each train. We discovered that sometimes the fire be gone object was missing when the VSOE lot was placed, so Rox turned them around on the two new trains. So whoever used the original VSOE base train, will need to flip them (I believe). @romagi1, can you refresh my memory on how you got them to work?

Do you see the blue VSOE train doesn't have one, but the new Pullman does?

oiMj5S9.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'd love to do a ruined railroad car junk yard @Jessabeans! That sounds like great fun!
  • Options
    @BreeMiles, Hmmmm.....Ok, so my VSOE train lot that I decorated (shown in my picture above) is obviously mising the fire be gones, so I took it from my bin and placed it on a regular lot (not on the train tracks), and the fire be gones stuck. So at first I thought maybe it had something to do with the train tracks, however, I just checked your picture of your lot Bree and yours is placed in a different world, so has nothing to do with the tracks, and yours aren't showing up. So @romagi1 or @soocoolsim will need to chime in this I think, lol.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I'd love to do a ruined railroad car junk yard @Jessabeans! That sounds like great fun!

Great! I have it over by the chunnel entrance. Let me know if you need a bigger lot for it.
    264c52b159ae82475553a1286abdf58d07631cbb.png
  • Options
    @Jessabeans - I never need a larger lot, LOL!! I see where you want it and I think that's a great place for it! I'll work on it after I get the other train cars done.

@socoolsims - That engine and cars are looking good!

I'm going to check my train cars and make sure they have those connectors the way they need to be.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Re the Fire begone's. On the blue car they are both facing away from the train and seemed to have a problem sticking so on the brown and red cars I switched them so both face toward the car. Has this helped?

Are there still problems with the bike rack? I haven't checked to see if it is always or just on the track. I hadn't thought to test each stair as my testers were going in and out of the car with no foot stomping. Didn't pay attention to which stairs they used. So I guess everyone will have to turn the bike rack according to their design? Thoughts?
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @romagi1 I haven't placed my cars on the train tracks - just stuck them in an empty Sunset Valley to work on - and the bike racks were preventing my visiting sim from entering any door (on the British Pullman and Royal Scotsman). I just turned around the bike rack at each entry that had its access toward the middle of the doorway and then everything was fine. I didn't have any objects inside that were impeded by them before you turned them, except a sink in a now-abandoned WIP where I couldn't find another spot other than the corner by the door. Placing a "false wall" (also known as a recolored piece of castle wall) and moving the sink forward took care of that. All of which makes me think it just depends on how far back is the point where the sim interacts with the object, since all-in-ones work and things other than the sink I've tried all work. Can't offer anything about whether the train tracks are causing an additional problem.

Agreeing that it makes sense for us to just turn them to work with our particular situation.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    @romagi1 I haven't placed my cars on the train tracks - just stuck them in an empty Sunset Valley to work on - and the bike racks were preventing my visiting sim from entering any door (on the British Pullman and Royal Scotsman). I just turned around the bike rack at each entry that had its access toward the middle of the doorway and then everything was fine. I didn't have any objects inside that were impeded by them before you turned them, except a sink in a now-abandoned WIP where I couldn't find another spot other than the corner by the door. Placing a "false wall" (also known as a recolored piece of castle wall) and moving the sink forward took care of that. All of which makes me think it just depends on how far back is the point where the sim interacts with the object, since all-in-ones work and things other than the sink I've tried all work. Can't offer anything about whether the train tracks are causing an additional problem.

Agreeing that it makes sense for us to just turn them to work with our particular situation.

@suzses, you're exactly right. Before I did anything to my Pullman train, I tested with my sim and she could not enter any door. So as @ciane mentioned earlier, both bike racks have to have the "skinny" side facing the interior of the doorstep. So basically, I had to turn one bike rack on each door so that both of them are facing with the skinny part towards the inside, and now my sim can enter all of them, yay!!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I had the skinny side facing the door on all of them on the blue car but changed them on the last 2 cars because of sinks not working. Should have left them! LOL
  • Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    I had the skinny side facing the door on all of them on the blue car but changed them on the last 2 cars because of sinks not working. Should have left them! LOL

LOL, Sorry Rox, I think that's my fault re: the sink. But at least we know now and it's an easy fix, as long as everyone keeps in mind to turn their's and check every entrance when testing. It should be all good! :D
  • Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Re the Fire begone's. On the blue car they are both facing away from the train and seemed to have a problem sticking so on the brown and red cars I switched them so both face toward the car. Has this helped?

Are there still problems with the bike rack? I haven't checked to see if it is always or just on the track. I hadn't thought to test each stair as my testers were going in and out of the car with no foot stomping. Didn't pay attention to which stairs they used. So I guess everyone will have to turn the bike rack according to their design? Thoughts?

Fixed my blue train where I turned the fire be gone around the other direction, so hopefully they will all stick now, lol. Such little tiny issues, but it can sure be a mystery when trying to figure this stuff out, lol.
  • Options
    @soocoolsim - I decided to tweak all the train cars to make sure they are the same as the others with the connectors bolts facing the train cars and the stairs all skinny side in and as far out as possible. All the plumbing was upgraded too. The uploads have pics in them, so I'll probably delete those on my site to make room for others.

VSOE:
    Sleeper here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357587
    Diner here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357585

Royal Scotsman:
    Lounge here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357584
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited January 2020
    @soocoolsim I seem to be in slow mode today, but I'm working on uploading my three finished cars. One is up now, and I'll keep adding onto this post as I finish the others. (Edited to add: All done and linked now.)

Since I don't have tons of pictures, I decided to place them in the same album on my Flickr. So far, only the shots of Cygnus are up, but I'll keep adding on there. (Everything I have at this point is up now.)

Pics of all train cars here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKEeLfr

Downloads:
    British Pullman Cygnus Parlour Car: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357596
    British Pullman Minerva Parlour Car: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357626
    Royal Scotsman Green Dining Car: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357690
    Post edited by suzses on
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I tried out adding in decorative train tracks that connect the city areas.

I don't really like how they look. I think I am going to switch to the other track for that lays flat on the ground anywhere the trains don't sit on top of them. It's hard to line them up with only straight tracks, and the flat brown ones have a curved piece. The bridge pieces could look nice occasionally on the mountains, but seeing them everywhere feels like too much. It's possible it won't be so overwhelming once the trees are in.

Thoughts?
    8cc36e72e087d334e0fc792448231a58bb9271f5.jpg
    72b8d28c3c000d8581306fe81ef469bbb47d8ad7.jpg
    0a00837d5f004cde07e0622b8031600a27785c76.jpg
    288b0e7d0b11c32b1f29caa7058d0a51f5a40897.jpg
    b357255af3fa8eb2b17afa29fe2a4b4ba47917e7.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Think I'm about done with my "Gwen" dining car for the Pullman. Here's a sneak peek. @suzses, I see you posted some pics, will look at them tomorrow. Nite all!
    9SdDtWy.jpg
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Ok, here's my dining car for the VSOE, based on the L'Orientale Restaurant car. It has 4 tables with 4 seats and 4 tables with 2 seats. There are 2 bathrooms on one end, and another one at the other end near the kitchen and the beverage station. The restaurant serves meals from the menu and also has a baker's station for homemade goodies. This car is the front car so it does not have the access door on the front end. I also removed one side door to accommodate the kitchen.

1B4Cg2C.jpg

IPUyXYW.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hYuRXXPVgv6kKGFHA

Beautiful @Sandraelle . I've added a link to your pics on page 1. Well done! :D
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I had woke early this morning and had time to fix up my upload, however I didn't get it loaded to the exchange yet, for some reason unknown to man kind, it want let me log in from launcher, so I uploaded it to Sim File Share instead! I hope that is okay!

View and Download X

Beautiful @BreeMiles . I've added links to your pictures and the download on page 1. Well done! :D
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @soocoolsim Put me down for building the Rialto bridge for now. Hollowness found a problem with adding existing builds to lots that are drawn over the water. I can build it in edit in game without running into the same issues. I'll be testing out things with Hollowness over the weekend to see if we can find a suitable workaround for any other lots in Venice with water access.

I've added the Rialto brige in Venice and added you as claimed on page 1. Thanks @Jessabeans
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    I'll put the finishing touches on my three restaurant cars today and upload them.

Looking for the next project, I should branch out to something different. ;) I can do that remaining stateroom car on the Royal Scotsman.

Thank you @suzses . I've added your name to Stateroom car #3 on page 1.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top