Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your most recent fails

DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
Today I've done a silly thing which I can't take back due to saving.

So, last week or so I furnished a super duper cute apartment for my freshly graduated sim. I used the simkea sp (by Illogical Sims). It took me hours to furnish her one bedroom apartment. I was really chuffed with the result. The very next day my sim got pregnant. With twins. So she and her family enjoyed their awesome apartment only for one week because there wasn't enough room and rooms for all of them. I decided to move them to another place.

And I accidentaly took the furniture with them.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I was really looking forward to once come back to live there with one of her children.

I am so sad.

Please, share your fails so I know I am not there alone :(
-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p

Comments

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    This one is a personal favorite of mine over the years:

With all seriousness though, i've had one or two like that before where i took up the entire apartment.

---

my most recent fail is attempting to mesmerise Caleb Vatore so i could get at his husband and turn him into a vampire. didn't work. Fortunately i saved just before that point but i felt pretty silly suspecting it was a silly idea all the same. :smile:
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I decided to play a Sim living off the grid in a tent, with a fire for cooking. First attempt: 'Fire!' Second attempt: 'Fire!' Third attempt: 'Fire!'

Cooking skill improved, and he'd caught a fish to roast. 'Fire!' I think that in only one instance was he able to successfully roast and eat his food without catching his chair on fire. I went back to playing my lawyer save.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • MelFoxMelFox Posts: 44 Member
    Hi, I'm a noob so perhaps this is expected but.. I got my daughter alien to wipe her mother's memory because her mother was angry because she'd empathised with an angry neighbour (who was angry because she was an alien...) .. well i didn't know it meant ALL of it, I thought it would just make her forget the conversation or something, help her feel better. After a few hours nap and a few hours swimming, her daughter had to introduce herself to her own mother. NOBODY seems upset though. Aliens are weird.

Oh, I've also chosen to try being off-grid. Daughter started off wanting to enjoy beach life as a tourist, but being alien, she can't tan (I changed her to fishing.) None of them (alien mum, daughter, and mersim roomie) can use the phone to get a job, the only one who has a job is the daughter (Doctor) and she keeps wanting to take days off. /)_-)
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    MelFox wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a noob so perhaps this is expected but.. I got my daughter alien to wipe her mother's memory because her mother was angry because she'd empathised with an angry neighbour (who was angry because she was an alien...) .. well i didn't know it meant ALL of it, I thought it would just make her forget the conversation or something, help her feel better. After a few hours nap and a few hours swimming, her daughter had to introduce herself to her own mother. NOBODY seems upset though. Aliens are weird.

I play with aliens too and was also surprised by this at first. It would be nice if they could just make the other sim forget something that just happened rather than erasing all memory, but I've gotten used to it now.

@CaprianaB I mean i can see the usefulness of it if an alien has ballsed up "first contact" or has been discovered by someone who doesn't really matter all that much except they're now angry.. or if your alien is mischievous or dastardly .. I was just taken aback by the power!

Incidentally, whenever I make a new sim and choose the questionnaire option... they're an alien. idk what that says about me. lol.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    MelFox wrote: »

I don't play with aliens too often but I did this to my Sim's best friend (who is also an alien) and she had to reintroduce herself.

As for my fail, I accidentally aged up my adult sim in two separate households in teo separate saves instead of their children. This was within a few days of each other. Luckily, I could quit without saving and undo my mistake. You'd think after doing it once, I would be more careful....nope.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I failed getting into the Secret Society with a sim. It's probably a spoiler
    Being under the impression that she needed to befriend the members I did exactly that and then waited night upon night upon night to get abducted just like in Sims 2... Nothing happened. I had seen the option to donate collectables at the statue in the courtyard, but assumed it was for grades only, never made the connection between that and the Society. Now that sim has finished uni and missed her chance.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @DoloresGrey I so feel you. And have made that mistake more than once - if it is an apartment or something not on the gallery I want to scream. I actually did it when I moved Jessica out of her house and almost left her boys with no furniture (thankfully I had a gallery copy).

@Melfox we are all noobs when new packs come out and were all once noobs when we started. There are so many mistakes to be made - I know I haven't finished making them all.

My two worst mistakes - when I first started and was trying to age up a toddler with a birthday cake, I accidentally aged up his father who was a young adult (twice!) into an elder. The child was still a toddler. I then tried to age the toddler with the mother but aged her too. I couldn't get it into my head that I was doing it wrong and kept doing it wrong. (Thankfully I decided to read the forums after that.)

My 2nd mistake - at a party my sim had her whole family there. She had been having marriage issues because another sim had flirted with her (despite her rejecting him) and the husband was very jealous. I used flirty music and paintings to get her husband in the mood to repair their relationship. I accidentally clicked on their young adult son for the romantic interaction (sims too close together). Due to the romantic auras and sims being sims - he swung his mother over in a passionate kiss. It caused his fiance to burst into tears and leave saying never call me again. And the father slapped the mother in the face and asked for a divorce. The mother and son kept making out. It was horrible and sad. I left without saving - no long term harm done but I lost a few hours of gameplay because I hadn't saved for a while.
    @Becka28 ... I have no words. thats like... worst nightmare ever kind of scenario.

One reason I looked for a sims community was to try to avoid this kind of thing! But some mistakes can be fun. Usually in retrospect.
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    I had to be careful not to spit out my water reading these fails, and I have one myself to share.

I'm currently playing a legacy save wherein the father married his college friend (this was a backstory I wrote up on the Household Info panel since this was before Discover University was announced). After winning the lottery, the couple moved with their three children (who have all been aged up now to young adults) to the big 64x64 mansion in Brindleton Bay. While I don't consider myself a good builder, I can at least get a grip on setting up rooms and expanding on lots.

Anyway, to make a long story longer, I had purchased the weather changing machine, and the father had earned TheKnack reward trait for completing the Nerd Brain aspiration, so he gave the machine an instant upgrade. That leads us to what happened last night during a playthrough. The weather changing machine is set up on a porch that leads to an addition to the house that I had built. It's a thunderstorm, and the playful independent dog is running about in Brindleton Bay, so in addition to calling him home, I also go to change the current weather. Wouldn't you know it? I forgot there was no roof over the porch, so just as Matty (the father) is about to change the weather... BAM! Lightning strike. Thankfully, the lightning strike didn't kill him, so I opted to just run with it. I just thought it was hilarious that the first time I had a sim get struck by lightning is when they are changing the weather.
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    First mistake I made, was when I was playing my Ancestral Save. I managed to forget to have my primary couple have a certain child before I had the mother decease (as she did in RL). I got the silly idea to simply put a copy of the family from My Library into the game and have the parents beget that other child. I never thought to take the existing father and have this (new) couple try for baby. No, I used the copy of the original couple. Face/palm. Then I picked up where I left off. Only problem was, the father was now disconnected from his children, save the new one. :/

Later on I made this mistake: I had a group of Sims at Strangerville. They were on a mission. I decided to let my young Lieutenant be in charge. What I forgot to do was to have the others in the Landing Party take a vacation day. So, I had one of them come home early. My first clue should have been that the Vulcan was dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, instead of his Space Ranger uniform when he 'returned'. When I sent them off to the lab is when I discovered I couldn't control the Vulcan. So, I decided to have him come home early again. This time he came home in the proper attire for his job. Thinking this was the correct Vulcan, I promptly deleted the one dressed in his Hawaiian attire. Later on when I had the group go to the bar, the Vulcan's human mother came in. I went to have him greet her and the only thing he could do was introduce himself. :open_mouth: Something was inherently wrong. Luckily, I now used the MCCC mod and was later able to take him to his parents' home to reestablish his familial relationship with those on that lot.

Would that I had that mod with the ancestral save …

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Took my Sims out to the park for couples pictures when Moschino Stuff came out. It was spring. It was slightly chilly. During the picture taking, one of them turned blue. More people came and I changed him to his Outdoors cold outfit and then I switched back to the other Sim.

Anyways a while went by and I realized I forgot about the first Sim. Apparently he decided to play basketball at the park and that meant that he switched to athletic wear which means that he was no longer protected from the cold.

When I switched to him his action said that he was freezing to death and I couldn't cancel it. I tried to leave the lot but nope. Grim came and took him after he froze to death and I lost the plea to save him. That was my first death in my Sims 4 game that was in my control.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've done that too sometimes, taken furnishings with me that I didn't intend to, from houses I had meticulously decorated :(

My most recent fail was deleting a lot of townies I had actually become very fond of. Thank goodness, I had an older save where I found them and was able to bring them back. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel compelled to go on a deletion spree and always end up regretting it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I don't know if its a fail exactly but one of my dad's died laughing when he saw Santa. Now I save my gamejust before Sanra arrives. I really liked that Sim it upset me that he died so suddenly and unexpected.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    edited January 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »

My most recent fail was deleting a lot of townies I had actually become very fond of. Thank goodness, I had an older save where I found them and was able to bring them back. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel compelled to go on a deletion spree and always end up regretting it.

This! I do this often too because I just dont like some of the 'random' townies that get produced or whatever. My fail is that I always seem to delete some sort of random parent that was used for the mccc mod and then later on I regret it so much. I deleted a few of regular townies too on accident because they were in a household by themselves and were elders and I just delete without realizing and Nancy Landgraab is gone forever. (She has triplets with my one main sim) I didn't even realize until I saw the kids walking around one day and I used mccc and saw that they had no mother. :( Thats when I told myself that I need to slow down before hitting delete. Haha
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    My most recent fail? Making a really pretty Victorian-themed house (off the grid) with a cauldron for cooking. I then left the game unpauesd while I watched a movie... and forgot to notice that sims do NOT autonomously cook with the cauldron. The whole family starved to death.
    banner.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today i was just starting a new legacy game. It was my first (still) single sim of the legacy anx ive decided to switch the autonomy off for the first time ever. My sim was cooking and a fire started. I was just looking at the sim burning and thinking why don't you run away from the fire as usual? She died. My quickiest legacy ever :lol:
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited January 2020
    My favourite recent fail is sending one of my vampire off to woohoo in the woohoo bush in the top Windenburg park (which is far away from everthing) without paying attention to the time and weather. They were at least went out with a bang.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I made a recent "fail" when I played a bit with my aliens. I married a male alien to a nice female, made by the game. It was fun to have them making a baby, and I wanted a girl. So far so good. But when the mother came back from hospital, the game went totally uncontroable. Both parents werre abducted by alien ships.
    vmSP050.jpg

Luckily I had a guest inside the house to take care of the newborn. Game screaming: the baby is hungry!!!
    Jg4UIgZ.jpg

The parents were dropped down again, first the mother.
    Xd4ojhC.jpg

And a little later the father.
    4EukRDY.jpg

What the f........??
    T0s6BKe.jpg

Sure enough, he was pregnant and gave birth to a "twin" boy.
    DQHOc5K.jpg

It is very rare that the game takes my breath away, but this time it succeeded to do so.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am not sure. I made some changes to Old Penelope in Strangerville to make a new home for a home keeper and a house mate of opposite gender. Still, I have a bad feeling that I forgot something important. Well, I guess I figure out later.

19_01_10.png

19_01_11.png

Home keepers are sims moved into existing households to allow the other sims to go to university. When the sims, who went to university, either drop out or graduate, the home keeper are likely to move out.

When home keepers move out, I might prepare a new home and make a house mate of opposite gender for each of them. George Cahill left long ago, meaning his former home was vacant but too small for my use.
  • LakodaLakoda Posts: 7 New Member
    Didn't happen to me but my friend who just joined the Simming world 2 weeks ago.

She kept texting me asking for help cause she didn't know how to do certain things.
    So wile im texting her different tips an tricks, she sends another txt saying.
    "I JUST GOT INTO MY HOUSE AND KILLED MY SIM!!! I THINK IM DOING THIS WRONG!"

Turns out her Sim was killed by fire using the infamous cheap stove lol

My reply - "Welcome to the Simming world."
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My most recent fail? Making a really pretty Victorian-themed house (off the grid) with a cauldron for cooking. I then left the game unpauesd while I watched a movie... and forgot to notice that sims do NOT autonomously cook with the cauldron. The whole family starved to death.

Curious, mine do cook in those autonomously. It may be one of the items you have to make them use once yourself to 'unlock' it.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    @DoloresGrey I so feel you. And have made that mistake more than once - if it is an apartment or something not on the gallery I want to scream. I actually did it when I moved Jessica out of her house and almost left her boys with no furniture (thankfully I had a gallery copy).

@Melfox we are all noobs when new packs come out and were all once noobs when we started. There are so many mistakes to be made - I know I haven't finished making them all.

My two worst mistakes - when I first started and was trying to age up a toddler with a birthday cake, I accidentally aged up his father who was a young adult (twice!) into an elder. The child was still a toddler. I then tried to age the toddler with the mother but aged her too. I couldn't get it into my head that I was doing it wrong and kept doing it wrong. (Thankfully I decided to read the forums after that.)

My 2nd mistake - at a party my sim had her whole family there. She had been having marriage issues because another sim had flirted with her (despite her rejecting him) and the husband was very jealous. I used flirty music and paintings to get her husband in the mood to repair their relationship. I accidentally clicked on their young adult son for the romantic interaction (sims too close together). Due to the romantic auras and sims being sims - he swung his mother over in a passionate kiss. It caused his fiance to burst into tears and leave saying never call me again. And the father slapped the mother in the face and asked for a divorce. The mother and son kept making out. It was horrible and sad. I left without saving - no long term harm done but I lost a few hours of gameplay because I hadn't saved for a while.

Wow! That's a jaw dropper!
  • RickycanajaRickycanaja Posts: 6 New Member
    it took me a long time to bring the friendship to the maximum level between my sim and a sim of the game, then a long time to build a romantic love story, when it was finally the wedding day I thought about entering the sim's cas game to change his walking style and I accidentally deleted the sim! i was so mortified for my sim that i didn't even manage to play it yesterday
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2020
    I got excited about doing the random packs build challenge where you only use five randomized packs and no base game. I had decided to build a bar and half way through it I noticed I didn't have a TV in my selection. I ended up cheating and putting in a base game TV, not much else to be done without compeletely scrapping everything. My packs were DU, IL, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour and Toddler Stuff.
    nX01kRJ.png