Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Tiny Living' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    Honestly I wasn't against the pack initially, I was excited. But will there be smaller lots?? Where are the bunk beds? Multi-purpose objects?? Ladders? Spiral stair cases? Minimalism styled objects?
  • Options
    > @logion said:
    > Turtleneck and pants from the trailer:
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Turtleneck and pants from Discover University:

This is an entire new form of lazy. They had ample time to make new meshes. I wish we could just buy certain things in the pack without having to buy all of it. Such as Strangerville: I don't want anything but the build items.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited January 2020
    No spiral stairs, no bunk beds, no ladders. These are all things I would think to put into a "Tiny Living" pack. The Murphy bed and the entertainment center combo are nice, but I doubt I'll buy the pack just for those. Certainly they could have found new items that hadn't been made for The Sims in the past too -- futons, sofa beds, etc. Stove-hood or under-cabinet space-saver microwaves. (Believe those were in a previous iteration.)

I'd be happy to have 'tiny' (IE normal) sized versions of things like the telescope and microscope too. Those would be wonderful. But nope.

That and the relationship bonus seems completely nonsensical to me. If anything, I'd go for a "Tense" moodlet like "Space Invaders," because your family members/roommates are all right there and there's no room to breathe.

As for questions/statements like these:
    mjallet wrote: »
    Spiral staircases being too much for a stuff pack is a garbage excuse! Do they really think we're that stupid???

Yes they think we are..
    logion wrote: »
    Turtleneck and pants from the trailer:

ggqSzoW.png

Turtleneck and pants from Discover University:

llCPbK8.png

It's like they're trying to make it obvious that the contents of this pack were pulled from DU to be sold separately.

"WHAT EvidEncE Do YoU Have it's wAS meant To BE IN DU?!?!??!"

sorry..had to...

The Sims 4's entire Stuff Pack system is shady. Content from this one is clearly taken from DU, but Seasons got hit by the same kind of thing when you consider Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff. The content in those two packs (gameplay items like the waterslide, mechanics like costume parties and pumpkin carving) all came WITH Seasons back during The Sims 3 years. TS3 Seasons also got the ice cream makers, which now come separately in the kitchen stuff pack, whilst laundry also came with either TS3 Ambitions or TS3 University depending on how you bought packs. Hot tubs came with TS3 Late Night. The point is that there's so many examples where TS4 sold gameplay items separately whereas the previous iteration included them at no extra cost.

My First Pet Stuff is an obvious offender in the same respect. The content of Kids Room Stuff could have been added to Parenthood, the same with Toddler Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff could have been added to Get Famous. Bowling and movies could have been added to Get Together considering the fact they're group based.

I question more and more why this community stands for this?!

As long as we keep BUYING all the stuff they keep shoveling out, well . . . you do the math. The only way it's going to stop is to speak with your wallet! (I know so many Simmers in the forums or Discord servers who keep buying, "I just have to have every pack," etc.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    No spiral stairs, no bunk beds, no ladders. These are all things I would think to put into a "Tiny Living" pack. The Murphy bed and the entertainment center combo are nice, but I doubt I'll buy the pack just for those. Certainly they could have found new items that hadn't been made for The Sims in the past too -- futons, sofa beds, etc. Stove-hood or under-cabinet space-saver microwaves. (Believe those were in a previous iteration.)

I'd be happy to have 'tiny' (IE normal) sized versions of things like the telescope and microscope too. Those would be wonderful. But nope.

That and the relationship bonus seems completely nonsensical to me. If anything, I'd go for a "Tense" moodlet like "Space Invaders," because your family members/roommates are all right there and there's no room to breathe.

Spiral staircases being too much for a stuff pack is a garbage excuse! Do they really think we're that stupid???

Yes they think we are..

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

It's like they're trying to make it obvious that the contents of this pack were pulled from DU to be sold separately.

sorry..had to...

The Sims 4's entire Stuff Pack system is shady. Content from this one is clearly taken from DU, but Seasons got hit by the same kind of thing when you consider Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff. The content in those two packs (gameplay items like the waterslide, mechanics like costume parties and pumpkin carving) all came WITH Seasons back during The Sims 3 years. TS3 Seasons also got the ice cream makers, which now come separately in the kitchen stuff pack, whilst laundry also came with either TS3 Ambitions or TS3 University depending on how you bought packs. Hot tubs came with TS3 Late Night. The point is that there's so many examples where TS4 sold gameplay items separately whereas the previous iteration included them at no extra cost.

My First Pet Stuff is an obvious offender in the same respect. The content of Kids Room Stuff could have been added to Parenthood, the same with Toddler Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff could have been added to Get Famous. Bowling and movies could have been added to Get Together considering the fact they're group based.

As long as we keep BUYING all the stuff they keep shoveling out, well . . . you do the math. The only way it's going to stop is to speak with your wallet! (I know so many Simmers in the forums or Discord servers who keep buying, "I just have to have every pack," etc.)

I agree about no longer buying packs to show our displeasure but it'd be impossible. I only get less desired packs when they're half off. I preordered the sims 4 when I was in 8th grade. I'm a freshman in college now and it's still hard to play sometimes. How come modders are making gameplay better and not ts4 team? I'm still kinda salty about the change in style, but that's a whole other thing

I forgot what guru it is, but when he was live streaming people were asking valid questions and he was getting so mad. I know it's only one guy but now I feel like we can't talk to the gurus without having to [Removed - CM] or a be a game changer.

*steps off soapbox and puts megaphone in my inventory*
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »

Yes they think we are..

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

sorry..had to...

I stopped buying TS4 packs all together. I did not even purchase the magic one (reminded me of Harry Potter, but I love magic). Or anything since. It isn't about the money, My family (My husband, mother, and me) just found out I have stage 4 Chronic kidney failure... So anything I want I can basically get (except a cure, because there is none).

I have been playing Sims 2 for my fix. When I saw (I would quietly browse the forums for news and such) this Murphy Bed pack, I wanted to smack my forehead. They are charging 10 bucks for a bed that does not even fit the Sims theme (R/L maybe you use the space when the bed is pushed into the wall, in Sims 4 that isn't happening). Just no, there is no excuse for this out right cash grab, since you have university and apartments which this bed was put in expansion packs previously. I think (and hope) people are scared if this Sims 4 mobile wannabe a real game doesn't sell their cash grab packs that Sims 5 will not be made.

I rather Sims 5 never be developed then have another mobile Sims wannabe a real game... game. I speak with my pockets and my families pockets. This pack could added actual things that works with tiny houses, I use to build them in Sims 4. Sims 5 will be worse because EA/Maxis knows that they can sell anything to the current fans of the game (sorry, I come from Sims 1).

Tiny objects belong in tiny homes, conserving space to use space for multiple purposes, murphy bed is too big and does not utilize the space at all... the space it is suppose to save can not be used...

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Isn't it too early to complain?

They're charging us $10 for a Murphy bed... no, it's not "too early to complain"...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Bunk-Beds.jpg

There was a functional bunk bed mod that was working as intended by April 2015, made by one person over on Mod The Sims, with advice from one other modder. The only issue (as you'd expect) was janky animations when it came to getting into the top bunk. It's now outdated though.

modthesims.info/d/549937/functional-bunk-bed-fixed-april-2015.html

If one modder could get that far in 2015 you'd think that Maxis, with their far greater resources, could figure it out by 2020.

They're getting ready for the "My First Bunk Bed Stuff Pack"... :wink: Don't worry... lol We'll be seeing it anytime now! Just wait...

Don't forget, these are the same people who originally lied and said pools were "impossible" because of the game's engine... but then a miracle happened in November, 2014, and suddenly pools were indeed possible after a large amount of backlash from fans.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

ggqSzoW.png

llCPbK8.png

sorry..had to...

"Money, money, money, $$$, money, money, money!!!"

^ This is all EA cares about...
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I've been a Sims fan since the very first game... and have bought every single expansion, stuff, and game pack until 'My First Pet' (I'm against DLC for DLC and will NEVER contribute to telling EA that it's okay... because it's NOT!)...

It's very unfortunate to say that 'Tiny Living' will be the second pack in the entire franchise that I will NOT be purchasing! :disappointed:

The pack itself is an entire joke and might even be WORSE than 'My First Pet'... at least MFP came with interesting things (even if it was DLC for DLC)... it has that aquarium table and the little caged pets. Meanwhile, 'Tiny Living' is giving us a bed... and they expect us to pay $10 for it! And yes, I understand that it comes with other things too... but it's not enough! When the pack's new gameplay object is nothing more than a bed that goes into the wall and kills your Sims, that's when you need to realize that it's nothing more than a cash grab!!!

Also, it's VERY likely (in fact, 101% likely) that the Murphy Bed was originally going to be in 'Discover University', but was pulled at last minute for the sake of EA making an extra $10 in addition to the $40 many of us have already given them for 'Discover University'... which is completely unethical!

Sims fans are probably the MOST loyal fan base ever! We allow them to rob us, rip us off, etc... and yet, we still remain fans of the franchise! They're LUCKY there hasn't been another Sims type game that's even remotely as good as this one... because they would lose their base in an instant! (I'm REALLY hoping Paralives ends up living to its expectations!)

But seriously... yeah, we've been robbed over and over and over again by EA/Maxis... the least they can do is LISTEN to what we actually want! Instead of just throwing these packs that nobody asked for down our throats!

Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    This pack was the worst way they could start the new decade. When we take into account the way they have wasted opportunities to add important content and just used it to create more stuff packs that everyone has to purchase to get something. For example, My First Pet Stuff Pack.
    tenor.gif?itemid=12874107
    But don't fret, spiral stair cases may turn up in "One Step At A Time" stuff pack full of only stairs! And bunk bends will may their debut to TS4 in "Prison Living" stuff pack along with the overdue burglars!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    "Money, money, money, $$$, money, money, money!!!"
    Value-3.png
    Don't talk to me if you don't got the money
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    Bunk-Beds.jpg

There was a functional bunk bed mod that was working as intended by April 2015, made by one person over on Mod The Sims, with advice from one other modder. The only issue (as you'd expect) was janky animations when it came to getting into the top bunk. It's now outdated though.

modthesims.info/d/549937/functional-bunk-bed-fixed-april-2015.html

If one modder could get that far in 2015 you'd think that Maxis, with their far greater resources, could figure it out by 2020.

They're getting ready for the "My First Bunk Bed Stuff Pack"... :wink: Don't worry... lol We'll be seeing it anytime now! Just wait...

Don't forget, these are the same people who originally lied and said pools were "impossible" because of the game's engine... but then a miracle happened in November, 2014, and suddenly pools were indeed possible after a large amount of backlash from fans.

Source?

"We recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won't be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September," lead development director Sim Guru Ryan wrote.
    July 8, 2014
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm looking forward to the new pack but I was hoping we would get a family pack next
    I do like the cas and hair and the fact that its a new idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    No ladders.

Relationship gain for the tiny house lot. Really? Ever lived in a tiny house? How about camped for a week? It should be the exact opposite...

yes but then only people who like drama would like it
    I like drama to but this was really for the builders
    maybe we will get a drama pack of our own @CelSims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    My biggest complaint is just stuff packs in general are a waste of money. When you compare what you get in them vs a GP or EP and the prices of those, you get the least amount of value and they rarely go on sale.

This one feels a bigger waste of money than previous packs (if you've bought all the other packs) since a large portion of it looks like re-colours. The lot trait feels useless because we can already build tiny homes, and bills are reduced with less items in a home anyways. Never mind my sims always end up flush and could use more to spend it on, not less. The relationship bonus seems backwards to me too, close quarters pit people against each other more often than not and they're trying to sell it the other way?

The combination items were a good idea (tv/stereo combo unit, stereo/bookshelf unit) IF they are functional for both uses and not just a clutter item. The murphy bed is cool and all, and I like the new death, but the footprint will be the same as any double bed so they don't really fit with the theme? Bunk beds or ladders would have fit better instead.

To actually pay full price for this, you'd better just really really want a murphy bed or maybe don't own DU yet and need those clothes. The item styling looks really close to a lot of DU and CL content too.

I don't buy stuff packs because the value is really just not there, but I have picked up a few in the past on sales. This one looks like I'll skip it until there's no other's left to buy because it's so skimpy on anything new. It's all stuff I already have.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    The combination items were a good idea (tv/stereo combo unit, stereo/bookshelf unit) IF they are functional for both uses and not just a clutter item. The murphy bed is cool and all, and I like the new death, but the footprint will be the same as any double bed so they don't really fit with the theme? Bunk beds or ladders would have fit better instead.

If they did more with the combination objects then it could have been worth it. If I'd been the one designing concepts for this pack, I'd have gone through each potential room you'd expect to find in a house and considered what could have saved space in each. What combination objects would fit a living room? What about combination objects for a bathroom, or an office?

Living Room - TV/Radio and/or Bookcase, Fold Out Sofa Bed
    Bedroom - Bunk Beds (smaller footprint than Murphy Beds)
    Bathroom - All In One Unit (which has been done before)

Ladders would have been an ideal space saver for different levels, spiral stairs too for other builds. A Washer/Dryer unit with one above the other would have allowed laundry whilst saving space.

My trump card though would be a kitchenette, which is literally a mini functional kitchen. It's a bit of kit with a compact refrigerator with a freezer compartment, a two burner cook top, a stainless steel sink, a full sized cabinet and a countertop. In reality you also have the choice of swapping the cupboard section out for a microwave, coffee machine or dishwasher as well.
    BOOM.jpg
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

If they did more with the combination objects then it could have been worth it. If I'd been the one designing concepts for this pack, I'd have gone through each potential room you'd expect to find in a house and considered what could have saved space in each. What combination objects would fit a living room? What about combination objects for a bathroom, or an office?

Living Room - TV/Radio and/or Bookcase, Fold Out Sofa Bed
    Bedroom - Bunk Beds (smaller footprint than Murphy Beds)
    Bathroom - All In One Unit (which has been done before)

Ladders would have been an ideal space saver for different levels, spiral stairs too for other builds. A Washer/Dryer unit with one above the other would have allowed laundry whilst saving space.

My trump card though would be a kitchenette, which is literally a mini functional kitchen. It's a bit of kit with a compact refrigerator with a freezer compartment, a two burner cook top, a stainless steel sink, a full sized cabinet and a countertop. In reality you also have the choice of swapping the cupboard section out for a microwave, coffee machine or dishwasher as well.
    BOOM.jpg

The combo items were the best idea in this pack (IMO) but I feel like they missed the mark, which is par for the course in TS4. As you've suggested there's more that could have been done with it and seeing how it's called "tiny living" maybe more of a focus should have been placed on this. THIS is a new idea. I would have paid $10 if every room had an item included.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Thank you for making this thread, now let's just hope people won't come in a bash us for disliking....but it happens regardless EVERY darn time...

They might get finally used to it after a few of these threads :D I will never run out of time to make them...

Genuine Question. Do you dislike the sims 4 in general, or do you just want a place where people can complain without being attacked?

The latter I can understand, I prefer healthy critcism when it comes to complaints, but too often people get attacked either way.

But If you genuinely dislike everything sims 4, what's the point?

I had a few things to complain about for university, but honestly, this is just a stuff pack, not much to complain about.

I love the idea of it, and the content looks good, but I feel like it was skimped from University and should have been in that.

Tiny living and dorms/apartments go hand in hand.

If you had made an island living complaint thread I'd be all game.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I mean...they are. Build mode items are too much for stuff packs, that is, and always will be the case. The only pack that EVER had a build mode item was sims 2 mansion and garden stuff, with grand staircases. It also functioned more as a Buy mode item.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want spiral staircases, and I can't believe we haven't gotten them yet, but they ARE too big for a stuff pack.

Besides, do you really want spiral stair cases exclusive to a stuff pack? They need to be patched in, people would riot if they were paid dlc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    No ladders.

Relationship gain for the tiny house lot. Really? Ever lived in a tiny house? How about camped for a week? It should be the exact opposite...

yes but then only people who like drama would like it
    I like drama to but this was really for the builders
    maybe we will get a drama pack of our own @CelSims

Options are good, an option to have to make relationships slower OR to make them faster would be ideal I think. Having only one choice means I probably won't use the lot type at all, I don't want my sims suddenly best friends with every monstrosity that turns up at the door.

I build and I like the look of the build/buy very much, but the lot trait and lack of actual tiny house key items makes me think it should be labelled differently as it doesn't seem terribly appropriate.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2020
    If they go in a Stuff Pack then you'll have to pay for them. THey need to be free, and that's a lot of work for free. It's a lot of work period. You'd need three types for the three wall heights, and animations for all of them - specially made so that they don't clip or glitch or anything.

If it were THAT easy, I think we genuinely would have them.

I've been experimenting with stairs and landings in a seven-level house. It's hard to believe (not THAT hard) that people who shouted so loud for L-shaped stairs are now not even bothering with them. acting like their houses are incomplete without that four-tile object. Ironically an L-shaped staircase takes up the same number of tiles as regular, just differently.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll just say that you can sometimes live really well in smaller spaces. Now that I think about it, yep, yep, I definitely have.

Even though I am so far looking forward to this pack, I think criticisms and feedback are helpful too. I'd like to see ladders, I'd take spiral staircases and I'm neutral about bunkbeds, just due to my own playstyle. The murphy bed is really something I've only seen in the Sims but yes, I'm looking forward to it.

I guess this is what they mean by a live service. We pay as we go along but it also keeps the game developing. I will say that people keep showing that animation that Ninja posted in October. That could have easily been while working on this pack rather than DU at that point. I mean, I never saw a murphy bed in college days.

Anyway, I'll look at everything that is in the pack but I'm generally interested in more CAS/BB objects and some of the styles. I think they just emphasized knitted items because a bunch of people just voted for how much they wanted knitting and knitted items. I mean, as was pointed out, there's a large chunk of players who want "Barbie's Dream House". What do you do with that?

I'm fine with SPs because I think they are inexpensive. I'm usually interested in at least parts of them, sometimes enough to get them at full price and other times, I only consider them when bundling a bunch of stuff.

My First Pet Stuff was just really silly for me. I'm really not interested in clothes for pets or rodent illnesses. I finally did bundle it, I think because I wanted DU and wanted a bundle rather than paying the full EP price. I was less bothered by DLC for DLC because I do think that model works for some niche ideas. I'd like a desert campus for sims and I'd take that as an add-on because I know that not everyone would care. It's an immersion thing for me so I would.

I've got to run now, but this SP does have stuff that appeals to me more than some of the other packs. I want to get more into building and I like the quirkiness of the murphy bed and the concept.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.