Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims having all boy babies?

I have MC Command Center and I've checked all the settings and see nothing to cause this...

My female sim keeps having boy babies it's like her 5th boy baby in a row. I'm doing the 100 baby challenge but she keeps ONLY having boys. This pregnancy I actually went in MC Command and cheated to change the boy baby to a girl. This is crazy why are all these babies boys??? What I am doing wrong? I also had a 100 baby challenge where I was getting all girls out of 10 I maybe had two boys... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Also no I'm not eating fruit or listening to pop or alternative music.

Whar's wrong with my game?
5DG72Tj.gif

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Nothing. I finished the challenge and sometimes I would get like 9-10 boys in a row and then a bunch of girls in a row but in the end after a hundred kids I ended up with 49 boys and 51 girls. It evens up after and sometimes it's just luck of the draw. Sometimes it helps if you delete the same gender townies. Like if you have a ton of men in your game, you might get girl babies as the girl tries to compensate or vice versa. But overall it'll even out and five in a row isn't that many, we had that plenty of times throughout the challenge
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It’s usually the game trying to keep the male/female ratio at 50% each. So as SimAlexandria said to get more boys delete a bunch of random male townies, and if you want more girls delete a bunch of females, or you can control it yourself as you stated by the carrot and strawberries plus music method.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It’s usually the game trying to keep the male/female ratio at 50% each. So as SimAlexandria said to get more boys delete a bunch of random male townies, and if you want more girls delete a bunch of females, or you can control it yourself as you stated by the carrot and strawberries plus music method.

(The music/food thing is banned in the challenge which is why the OP wouldn't have used it :) )
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I've had 7 boys in a row followed by 6 girls and then a boy and another girl. I think it's normal to have streaks of one gender.
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks I feel better about it now. Someone posted there babies from a completed 100 baby challenge. Ya'll may have seen that post. The person who posted listed all 100 babies with names and gender and her's were pretty evened out. She didn't seem to have streaks of a bunch boys then a bunch of girls. I'm so jealous. Lol. I was beginning to think something was wrong with my game but it seems this is pretty normal. Thanks again.

Edit: Oh @SimAlexandria that post was yours lol. I looked again and did see streaks of girl or boy in your game. I feel better now! Thanks!
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I heard that sometimes it helps to delete the caches and other things that can be deleted. It's happened to me occasionally too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    I am having that problem now also
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I have been playing my family for a while and I'm on the third generation now, the first mother got two girls, first daughter (while I played her) got 2 girls, and the second daughter got three girls.. I think it's just random but its starting to get a bit frustrating haha. The first daughter got pregnant "without me" (MCCC story progression) and got a boy, without me noticing right away, so it's not happening all the time. Sometimes maybe it just turns out that way :P
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    It’s interesting to see how everyone has had different experiences with sim babies! My own has been pretty even so far whilst I’m doing my own legacy challenge. :)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My sim with nine children has 4 boys and 5 girls, all mixed together. With her grandchildren, the first 8 had only one girl, so I was kind of concerned. Then the last six had only one boy. It will be interesting to see how the fourth generation turns out.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Sometimes I notice a bunch of one gender. I've had households with all boys or all girls. I find it kind of interesting. I don't think I've had 9 or 10 in a row. I had a household of 4 boys though one was a born-in-game adoption. (I had him move in with his aunt as a toddler and he's grown up with his cousins as brothers).

I figured that the game was trying to balance itself out. I like gender to be a bit unpredictable. I also have households of varying sizes. For the most part, I avoid influencing the outcome. I sometimes take the radios out to keep sims from autonomously playing one of those radio stations.

Just to be clear, I know the difference between gender and the other scientific word that probably can't be used on here.

Anyway, sometimes I delete townies, so I didn't realize the impact that can have on the balance. I also rotate around though so if there are a bunch of boys or girls, they usually get spread among different households.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    "I'm not eating fruit or listening to pop or alternative music."

Yeah. Maybe you should then. lol!
    Otherwise just keep up the woohoo'ing and keep popping out more and more babies. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    My Don is surprisingly having only girls in my game, with two different ladies even. And I never do anything to affect the outcome. But this happens to some families in real life as well.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    FYI some families are always likely to have more males than females and vice versa. it might be frustrating to see some get all male children but that is just the way these things work out in the end. i'm sure there will be a few female children in the mix, but the chances are that male children should come more often in those cases.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I've had 7 boys in a row followed by 6 girls and then a boy and another girl. I think it's normal to have streaks of one gender.

If it's 50/50, yes -- perfectly normal. If someone were to flip a quarter a hundred times and write down the results of each flip, they'd see long weird streaks.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    haneul wrote: »

If it's 50/50, yes -- perfectly normal. If someone were to flip a quarter a hundred times and write down the results of each flip, they'd see long weird streaks.

Yeah. I went ahead and calculated the exact probability using Wolfram Alpha’s Bernoulli Trials. Assuming gender is not influenced, if you Sim had 100 babies, the chance of having n boys a row happening at least once:

3 boys in a row: 99.97%
    4 boys in a row: 97.27%
    5 boys in a row: 81.01%
    6 boys in a row: 54.61%
    7 boys in a row: 31.75%
    8 boys in a row: 17.02%
    9 boys in a row: 8.76%
    10 boys in a row: 4.41%

So if 100 players are doing 100 baby challenge, on average more than 54 players would experience 6 boys in a row, which means it’s absolutely nothing special. Even 10 boys in a row would be on average experienced by 4 players, which is still not that rare.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png