Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    Wonderful sims, guys, I'm getting excited!

Question, though - do we choose which sim we want to borrow? Or will it be randomly chosen for us?
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi everyone! I have been away for awhile from this forum, but did find time to read the November/December entries and voted. There are some really great stories in there.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

Question, though - do we choose which sim we want to borrow? Or will it be randomly chosen for us?

You get to choose which characters are most fitting for your story.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2020
    For me, it's often easier just to knock out the story while I'm feeling teal-blue inspired. Here's my character: Meet Jayne Ayer. Was a lot of fun to write! Hopefully she will appear on the gallery soon. Also please see the note about CC at the end of the story.
    Post edited by breckenridge on
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    So is our setting going to be Murky or something else that we like?
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

Divan is correct .. you will choose
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    For me, it's often easier just to knock out the story while I'm feeling teal-blue inspired. Here's my character: Meet Jayne Ayer. Was a lot of fun to write! Hopefully she will appear on the gallery soon. Also please see the note about CC at the end of the story.

<3 you guys are going to make it very difficult to choose .. Jayne is FAB!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member

GREat! Thanks for joining in with another character to add to the pool. So far I can imagine ways for each of the submissions to fit into a storyline with my own. She's great!
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    edited January 2020
    Roomouse wrote: »
    So is our setting going to be Murky or something else that we like?

Setting and storyline will all come from you .. that is wide open .. the only thing I am asking is that is you have an established story that is set outside of that ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    SOO excited to announce the winners this month .. congrats to our winner <3 I am so happy for you all! It was a squeaker.

Jan 2020 challenge is getting lots of interest .. hope any of you who wish to be a scribbler join us (I gladly help newbies and we have a special voting category for you)

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: January 2020 Theme & November/December 2019 Submissions Vote Winner's Update
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited January 2020
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    SOO excited to announce the winners this month .. congrats to our winner <3 I am so happy for you all! It was a squeaker.

Jan 2020 challenge is getting lots of interest .. hope any of you who wish to be a scribbler join us (I gladly help newbies and we have a special voting category for you)

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: January 2020 Theme & November/December 2019 Submissions Vote Winner's Update

Congrats to all the winners! I enjoyed both writing and reading everyone's stories. January's also been fun so far!
    phULnBI.png
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member

I got second place WHAT?! Holy cow, thanks so much and congrats to first and third! 🤓 Everyone did such a wonderful job~
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    Congrats to everyone for their Nov/Dec wins! Wonderful stories all around!

I got second place WHAT?! Holy cow, thanks so much and congrats to first and third! 🤓 Everyone did such a wonderful job~

I was trying to get the winner's banners done tonight but so sleepy .. just fell asleep. I will get them out tomorrow <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Congrats to the winners!
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Congrats to the winners! I hope to see you and many others back for the new challenge for January.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2020
    Congrats to the other Nov/Dec winners all the stories entered were fantastic, I enjoyed them so much i am shocked to find myself listed among the winning 3. Thank you!

I do not come empty handed i am here with my Jan 2020 entry It has 8 images and 798 words (although 1 of the images does have a caption. I have not counted them as they are not part of the story and can be removed if needed. just let me know @lisabee2
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

@Charliimai - Great entry for January. Just love the background story :)
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Congrats to the other Nov/Dec winners all the stories entered were fantastic, I enjoyed them so much i am shocked to find myself listed among the winning 3. Thank you!

I do not come empty handed i am here with my Jan 2020 entry It has 8 images and 798 words (although 1 of the images does have a caption. I have not counted them as they are not part of the story and can be removed if needed. just let me know @lisabee2

Love Moonbeam and her story! I also really like the newspaper layout of the post. :)
    phULnBI.png

I am intrigued ... there is a lovely air of mystery around Moonbeam that I wait to see uncovered.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thanks @SoulGal7 @divanthesimmer and @lisabee2 i actually found this challenge difficult. For me i usually have a plot idea that i develop into a story and the character comes much later. I am nervous about next month as i have no idea whether I'll be able to come up with a cohesive story working backwards from my usual process. Never thd less I'm excited to meet all the other characters and working out how they might fit into Moonbeams little world. I have started reading the entries so far and trying to kickstart my creativity.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

@Charliimai I am so glad to see another entry. Going to read now about Moonbeam.

If anyone else is reading in and feeling intimidated, feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat about ideas. As I mentioned, this was something my writing group did and it can take you out of your comfort zone, but also be really fun.
    Thanks @SoulGal7 @divanthesimmer and @lisabee2 i actually found this challenge difficult. For me i usually have a plot idea that i develop into a story and the character comes much later. I am nervous about next month as i have no idea whether I'll be able to come up with a cohesive story working backwards from my usual process. Never thd less I'm excited to meet all the other characters and working out how they might fit into Moonbeams little world. I have started reading the entries so far and trying to kickstart my creativity.

I have no doubt of it at all
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I am using the Gallery hashtag #MSSSC
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member