Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

suspicious...

13...Next

Comments

• Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    > @M1ss_Plumbum said:
    > My thought is that what we are actually voting for is what comes out first. If you look at the first community voted stuff pack, you will see that many of the items came out later in other packs.
    > The same will happen here. At least when it comes to the most popular stuff (happy haunts).
    >
    > I voted for arts and crafts to come out first. And then for the happy haunts and so on...
    >
    > I don’t think EA or youtubers have manipulated us! Knitting is just the most popular choice.
    >
    > I’m looking forward.

yes, but we are not going to be able to vote for art style / objects / clothing, which is the most fun. I wish they did that to all packs, even the ones we can't choose the theme.
  • Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    > @Ceres_Meiriona said:
    > As much as I despise the knitting theme, I don't think this was manipulated. They seem to add these little open ended starting animations into packs to loop onto later in the future. For the Happy Haunts ghost hunter career (had it won) I completely expected them to use the same animation as the weed sucking machine used in gardening.
    >
    > It's tempting to shout, IT'S ALL RIGGED when you're awash with disappointment, but I honestly don't believe it is. There are so many people who vocally supported Arts and Crafts and even more who were all about the knitting, that I really do believe this was the popular choice among the community members that participated in the voting.
    >
    > As depressing as this is for me, I feel like this is a legit win.

I think that when people here claim that the pack was manipulated isn't that they pretend to ler us vote just for marketing. I think they choose some themes we "Kinda like" and one thing we have been asking a lot. Obviously most people will gravitate towards what they always asked for. I bet they have added the small microscope/telescope to the options so that they can claim later that they never added them to Sims 4 because they were the least voted options.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    While I don't believe this vote was rigged, I definitely had reservations towards the laundry day stuff pack vote. Before the concept of a community stuff pack came out, a lot of simmers were asking for laundry on the forums (I wasn't a member at that stage). I also recall a few simmers creating cc deco washers/dryers, which were pretty popular. The other concepts mentioned in the vote? Not so much...

Tbf, after seeing this video, I do feel a bit cheated, even if I think the vote was fairer than Laundry. I'm so over all the re-using, and have not been motivated to buy the most recent expansions due to IL. I might be a bit more forgiving if the gurus allowed kids to learn knitting though, as they would have to craft some animations there.

Personally, I voted Happy haunts first, but am okay with Knitting (to call it arts and crafts, but only include one hobby is a bit misleading though), as it gives my elders an activity to do. I just wish they weren't going to play the re-use game again.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    While I don't believe this vote was rigged, I definitely had reservations towards the laundry day stuff pack vote. Before the concept of a community stuff pack came out, a lot of simmers were asking for laundry on the forums (I wasn't a member at that stage). I also recall a few simmers creating cc deco washers/dryers, which were pretty popular. The other concepts mentioned in the vote? Not so much...

Tbf, after seeing this video, I do feel a bit cheated, even if I think the vote was fairer than Laundry. I'm so over all the re-using, and have not been motivated to buy the most recent expansions due to IL. I might be a bit more forgiving if the gurus allowed kids to learn knitting though, as they would have to craft some animations there.

Personally, I voted Happy haunts first, but am okay with Knitting (to call it arts and crafts, but only include one hobby is a bit misleading though), as it gives my elders an activity to do. I just wish they weren't going to play the re-use game again.

I know how you feel. Like, why they spend their time and money developing something, having in my to reuse it later?! They should focus on adding stuff thats going to be useful for that pack! Honestly, I think most players will interact with the campus statues once and never look at it again. Such a waste of money and time.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The gurus are a tiny percentage of the vote - they made no difference at all. (And at least one was a fan of happy haunts.) As for 'young viewers' being manipulated by popular You Tube sites, that's quite a conspiracy - we're assuming Maxis ordered game changers to do pro-knitting videos to sway the vote, and that the viewers have no mind of their own. I doubt a player who enjoys occult play would be swayed into voting for anything else by anyone.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited January 2020
    Luxury wrote: »
    a simguru on twitter mentioned that he voted for the artstyle that ended up winning, and that got me thinking about this thread. Why Gurus allowed to vote on this? Did the particpate in the Laundry day voting as well? I wasn't simming at that time so I don't know if they did or not but I feel like they shouldn't be able to vote with us.

I mean, they are a small percentage so why not. They also have expectations for the game and It's not like their vote will change the results... And I also saw some that voted for the granny chic art style, that didn't win:

he/him
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I haven't even seen the action in DU yet, but I have wanted arts and crafts activities for ages.

Go ''Yarn Bomb'' a statue in DU and then you'll see it
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know if it was manipulated or not, but Im like... knitting? Really? And im a legacy/realistic player... i just feel it's the bottom line of the boring sims we have...
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    a simguru on twitter mentioned that he voted for the artstyle that ended up winning, and that got me thinking about this thread. Why Gurus allowed to vote on this? Did the particpate in the Laundry day voting as well? I wasn't simming at that time so I don't know if they did or not but I feel like they shouldn't be able to vote with us.

what's wrong with them voting? they play the game as much as we do.

some of them were all about happy haunts too, they probably voted for that and it lost. some of them thought the granny theme was gonna come in first but it came in last place.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    You could say the same thing about pottery. The animation is already there with the clay that came with parenthood. Also arts and crafts have come with multiple packs. It would be easy to add all of them to the SP. Everything they have done with this game is a money grab.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

some of them were all about happy haunts too, they probably voted for that and it lost. some of them thought the granny theme was gonna come in first but it came in last place.

You talking about the gurus, doubt it, I don't think MANY of the guru doesn't bother to play the game.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My personal vote was for arts and crafts second, but happy haunts last, not interest in that one, I voted one of the packs way down at the bottom for first, I forget the options now but there was one I really liked one of the options in.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

It's wrong. In any company, colaborators don't vote. It's supposed to be a vote to give a voice to the community. Gurus already have a voice in all other packs.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Kaon45 wrote: »
    I agree with you.
    However, i don't think EA are the only one manipulating the community. I've seen a video of lilsimsie where she was almost asking/manipulating her community to vote for arts&craft and knitting.
    Without that video, happy haunts would have probably won. As it was a community favorite before that video.

Why would anyone vote for something someone else wants? I wanted knitting, our seniors don’t have enough to do in the game. I liked several other options also, I hope a lot of the things the dev’s come up with include other things we voted on, and not just happy haunts and knitting.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Why can't they vote? Most of them are simmers, just like you and I. Why should their vote not matter just because they work on the game?

This is the process they follow to make EVERY pack, it's just this time we get to vote.

If a Presidential Candidate can vote for themselves during election, I think one SimGuru out of millions of players can vote for which pack they like the most.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png