Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited January 2020
    VSOE SLEEPER CAR

My sleeping car for the V.S.O.E. is finished. I have 4 sleeping compartments, each accommodation has a different color scheme, a different configuration and comes with a chair or couch, a dresser, a radio, and complimentary champagne.

One end of the car has two all-in-one bathrooms, the other end has a snack area with a vending machine and complimentary coffee and cookies.

Sapphire room: Largest room with a double bed, a couch and a private bath (sink and toilet only), sleeps 2
    Garnet room: Next largest room with two twins, sleeps 2
    Emerald room: Small room with bunk bed, sleeps 2
    Copper room: The smallest with just a single bed, sleeps 1

Here's pictures of the two largest rooms --
    jiVP9vD.jpg

Y9ya5P8.jpg

TbOsfZZ.jpg

Rest of the pictures

EXCHANGE DOWNLOAD

Store item notes for @Jessabeans: one item from the "Bakery" venue, rest is just store objects.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2020
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @Jessabeans is a sample of the world with the residential lots ready by chance? I can get started but if I do on a world I have I might not get the shoreline correct.

Hey Hollow, I've nearly gotten the retaining walls in place for Venice. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do anymore sculpting in the area before drawing out the house lots. I tested it last night and still found two spots in the grand canal where the walls are too close together. I had planned to finish it this morning but it didn't work out. I should have it ready for you in the next day or so, maybe tonight. Are you back at your pc now?

A thought as you’re sculpting Venice @Jessabeans .... The actual train station in Venice fronts the water and folks can take water taxi from there. I was thinking it would be cool if you could make an inlet so the station can have a dock for the boats to arrive which means the lot would partially sit over water. Could have the road arriving at the side of the lot. But just a thought for potential consideration ok 😉

The little island next to the train station is a parking lot and cruise ship/boat terminal in real life. I had planned to put a port there(ish) but I could have it by the train station area instead. I think that's a great idea. Having them together could make a really busy looking conveyance area for storytelling. I'll see what will work.
    79-large-76dfaa2ab425ae03c726450798f0274b.jpg

This is unrelated, but when I was looking up a picture of what I meant I found pictures of a giant cruise ship next to venice and had a chuckle about it.
    Cruise-ship-in-Venice.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Clarification: Oh my gosh, the train tracks appear and reappear whenever they want to, lol. They were first gone, then they came back, they are there now when I edit the lot, but then it seemed like they disappeared outside of the lot. Now they're back! Doo, doo, doo, doooo, doooo doooooooo do! >:):p

LOL @Jessabeans, regarding the big cruise ship.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Oooo I love your idea of the cruise ship / boat terminal on the island @Jessabeans ! Are you planning on adding any area on the water to have a cruise ship lot or two?

Lol re the giant cruise ship... looks so out of place. They certainly are little cities 😀

Lmao @Sandraelle . Must be that graveyard island Jessa is thinking of building 😉

Yay great you got your sleeper done Sandy! It looks lovely. Cool configuration and names. Will add the link to your pics. Well done! 🌟

Your sleeper car looks great @Sandraelle, I love the jeweltone color coordination and the room size variety. The chinese beds look built-in the way you've recolored them. Very nice.

edited January 2020
    Lmao @Sandraelle . Must be that graveyard island Jessa is thinking of building 😉

The ghosts will have to commute to haunt you.

I just thought the island was pretty in the pictures, and it would give me an excuse to use the city walls from Monte Vista to make the island walls. I thought it was neat that historically they had special funeral gondolas that traveled to the island. But reading about and looking for references is half the fun of building.

venice-funeral-gondola.jpg
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    Ok, the intent was not to add any pressure on you but as a courtesy. We appreciate whatever assistance you can provide. I’m doing my best to keep track of everyone’s input so forgive me senior moments 😉

Oh it is no worries- I was just clarifying. I am just saying at this time I only want to be penciled in to the residential builds and if I get more time I'll see what builds are left that I can help with :) But I do appreciate your offer ;D

That is spooky cool Jessa! Ok, I think all updates made on page 1. I’d better head off now to work more on my engine then get some zzz. HAGN everyone 🤗
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Sandraelle - I too love the jewel names and the colorization of the rooms. And, I really love the way the built-in twin beds look too!

I finished the observation lounge and the sims couldn't use the stairs either. I'll play with that tomorrow.

I didn't add a lot in the new world. I just replaced the VSOE train cars with the Royal Scotsman and VSOE train cars I'd already done.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Sandraelle Love your rich jewel tone colors in the sleeper car, and I see they're appropriately named, too.

@Jessabeans Ohhh my, that cruise ship is humongous! Before looking at the picture, I was remembering a lovely one Sandraelle made and was wondering if you were thinking we should have one (smaller, of course). :D
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited January 2020
    VSOE L'ORIENTALE

Ok, here's my dining car for the VSOE, based on the L'Orientale Restaurant car. It has 4 tables with 4 seats and 4 tables with 2 seats. There are 2 bathrooms on one end, and another one at the other end near the kitchen and the beverage station. The restaurant serves meals from the menu and also has a baker's station for homemade goodies. This car is the front car so it does not have the access door on the front end. I also removed one side door to accommodate the kitchen.

1B4Cg2C.jpg

IPUyXYW.jpg

PICTURES

EXCHANGE DOWNLOAD

Store item notes for @Jessabeans: The kitchen items from the "Business as Usual" venue and the "Bakery" venue, plus a few random store objects.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    @Sandraelle Your dining car looks great! The colors are so rich, it feels like a place out of time. I like how you made the separate beverage station outside the kitchen, and it's great you were able to fit the baker station in so sims can have goodies with their tea.
    @Sandraelle - Again, I love how you were able to keep the kitchen separate. It looks like a great galley kitchen. And your restaurant is very elegant. Nice!
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Ok, here's my dining car for the VSOE, based on the L'Orientale Restaurant car. It has 4 tables with 4 seats and 4 tables with 2 seats. There are 2 bathrooms on one end, and another one at the other end near the kitchen and the beverage station. The restaurant serves meals from the menu and also has a baker's station for homemade goodies. This car is the front car so it does not have the access door on the front end. I also removed one side door to accommodate the kitchen.

1B4Cg2C.jpg

IPUyXYW.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hYuRXXPVgv6kKGFHA

Very elegant! Love the upholstery and carpet (and the table lamps of course lol). That's a nice, large kitchen.

(And, yes, I will use that front window, too.)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited January 2020
    I had woke early this morning and had time to fix up my upload, however I didn't get it loaded to the exchange yet, for some reason unknown to man kind, it want let me log in from launcher, so I uploaded it to Sim File Share instead! I hope that is okay!

View and Download X
    5.jpg

This was the inspiration pic I sorta went from
    51861e43e504f19eb145371c2513a06b.jpg
    edited January 2020
    @BreeMiles Etoile du Nord is so charming and elegant. I like the contrast of the dark green velvet against the crisp white tablecloths. All the mirrors to reflect the light from all the various lamps and will make lovely mood lighting for the meal.

@soocoolsim Put me down for building the Rialto bridge for now. Hollowness found a problem with adding existing builds to lots that are drawn over the water. I can build it in edit in game without running into the same issues. I'll be testing out things with Hollowness over the weekend to see if we can find a suitable workaround for any other lots in Venice with water access.

Also, anyone who is thinking of building the junkyard. Could you do a railyard theme for it? Maybe ruin one of the train cars? I bumped the lot size up to 30x30 to allow for the train car, but let me know if you need something bigger. I'm still planning on paper for London.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    Very pretty @BreeMiles. The long table worked out well. I looked at it - because it has linens - but was afraid space would be too tight.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I'll put the finishing touches on my three restaurant cars today and upload them.

Looking for the next project, I should branch out to something different. ;) I can do that remaining stateroom car on the Royal Scotsman.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited January 2020
    @BreeMiles - I have had my share of launcher issues lately too. I went in and cleared out the internet browser history and cookies. Mine are set to clear at the end of each browsing session now, as they were before Netflix didn't like not having a history. I also had to go through my studio and delete some stuff out of there. I cleaned up with ccleaner too. I went so far as to create a new sims 3 folder and copy in my dccache and installed worlds folder as well as the content patch and mods folder and, of course, that dcbackup ccmerged file. So, I had a clean game that I could just copy the export file into and upload from there. I don't click the log in option in the launcher. I just check and click upload. Then I get that box to log in automatically. So far, crossing fingers and knocking on wood, I've been able to upload these last train cars without issue.

By the way, your restaurant car is awesome, of course.

I've uploaded the Royal Scotsman Observation Lounge now:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9357528
    All pics are in the upload.

I turned all the bike racks so the skinny side was in the actual doorway and I moved them as far away from the door as possible and still remain on the top step. This worked for getting sims in and out all the doors just fine. And, as I mentioned earlier, I have no problems with sims using the all-in-ones in the corners by the doors.

Today I'll start on the spa car. Have a great day. Enjoy your weekend. Take time to get outside and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    All's well, the wind blew so hard causing the electric to go off and the internet had to reset and then the launcher worked! It's on the exchange now! Thanks for the tips @ciane
    It's windy here today, too, Bree, although maybe not as windy since the power has stayed on. I noticed some things were a little odd with logging in last night, and I had an Origin Update awaiting me this morning. Sometimes I think they do a lot of maintenance kinds of things on the weekend because that's usually when I have issues with logging in, uploading, downloading, etc. (usually later in the weekend that Friday night though).
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @ciane The lounge car looks great. Love the observation deck, and the lounge looks nice and roomy yet cozy at the same time.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top