Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Big Park: Twin Rivers Pointe

AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi guys. I'm not a crazy amazing builder like most of the people here but I wanted to share a little park I'm super proud of! I wanted a simple naturey park with some development for the Twin Oracle Point lot in Newcrest, so last night I set out to work. I present to you the historical, Portland OR-inspired, Twin Rivers Pointe featuring a picnic spot, horseshoe pits, public garden, and play set for the kiddies (not to mention some mysteries hidden in the trees).

zzM4kpq.png

b8X2UHx.png

Otg8wzm.png

5KLv47y.png

ZcsynRv.png

I know there are probably a lot of ways this park could be improved, but I think I satisfied the criteria for the kind of park I had in mind for this space in Newcrest. My goal was to create something with a believable feel that would make me think "I want to go to a park like this!". I was also heavily inspired by Portland's mix of developed land and wild space, and while the terrain tool still presents too much of a headache for me to give the lot hills and mountains, I think I did a pretty good job at blending these spaces and achieving a Portland feel. Please share thoughts, comments, and heck. I'd even like to see what kinds of other modifications anyone makes to the build if they decide to change it up!

Lot is available on the gallery under "Twin Rivers Pointe", and my Origin ID is the same as my user here. I do not use CC in builds I think I'll upload to the gallery. If anyone likes this lot, I may be creating a sister location to fill the lot next to Twin Oracle Point in the near future. I'm leaning towards making an arts center that serves as a rec center for sims. The goal is to make this lot blend as seamlessly as possible next to this park : )

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited January 2020
    Your park is very lovely! :) Very nice design and layout! The water fountain is pretty and each area of the park is very nice! Very nice outdoors dining area for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the grills and eating the food at the picnic tables. The community harvest garden area is very nice! Sims will enjoy harvesting plants there. Sims will enjoy swinging on the swings and have fun playing horseshoes. The statue is a very nice touch. The trees and plants are lovely!
    Sims will enjoy visiting the park :)
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your park is very lovely! :) Very nice design and layout! The water fountain is pretty and each area of the park is very nice! Very nice outdoors dining area for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the grills and eating the food at the picnic tables. The community harvest garden area is very nice! Sims will enjoy harvesting plants there. Sims will enjoy swinging on the swings and have fun playing horseshoes. The statue is a very nice touch. The trees and plants are lovely!
    Sims will enjoy visiting the park :)

Thank you so much Rosemow! You're always so kind.