Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Style voting results are in: DYI Delight FTW

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited January 2020
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if the pink color influenced the votes...

I voted DIY but not for the pink. I chose it because it looked the most versatile. I can pretend my sims are doing crafts other than knitting. Would be great if we get a variety of colors to suit different players' styles

Same... I voted based on its versatile look and for the craft table.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I just want the hedgehog sweater.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Yes! I'm glad it won.
    He/Him
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Though I like many of the furniture and stuff in this theme (the door, yarn shelf, and bulletin board), but I'm not a fan of the extreme colours. I do quite like pastels, but this is perhaps a bit too much for my eyes.

Personally, I feel this room looks more like a crafting in general. I could see this style working well for a variety of hobbies (knitting, sewing/quilting, cross stitch, etc.) so I hope that means we'll get more crafting stuff in the future!

I guess in my personal experience of knitting, knitting carries a more 'down-to-earth' persona than the bubbly pastels DIY Delight has. I'm still looking forward to the later votes and this pack though.

(Also, I hope we'll be able to make knitting clubs if we've got the Get Together pack installed. Knitting for me has always been a social activity, and I've met a lot of great people through knitting groups. Fingers crossed!)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Oh I’m so unhappy at all these results. I don’t get the concept of knitting as a gameplay feature and now this concept has won it looks horrid. I gave the knitting concept the benefit of the doubt to see what the design ideas were and none of them were great but I think the worst one won. I don’t think I will bother with the next round of votes.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited January 2020
    This was my least favourite because it looks like things we already have in the game. The other two were more special in my opinon but what can you do?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Yay! Wasn't expecting this one to win honestly...
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    YAY!! for once...lol
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    (Also, I hope we'll be able to make knitting clubs if we've got the Get Together pack installed. Knitting for me has always been a social activity, and I've met a lot of great people through knitting groups. Fingers crossed!)

Hopefully. Get Together is one of my favourite packs and it's always good to have hobby groups (I need to do this more).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    Thank goodness!!!! I was so afraid Granny Chic would win. It’s annoying that people still think of knitting as little grannies sitting around when the craft is enjoyed by all ages and genders.
    Would prefer different colors, though, as I’m not really into “girly” pastels.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Oh good, it's not Granny Chic. I was expecting that, so this is a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for the next vote!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited January 2020
    The DIY art style was was my second choice (after Granny Chic), so overall I am happy. With the Laundry Day Stuff pack, pretty much everything I voted for ended up not winning and I wound up with my second choice on nearly all of it. When the pack was released, though, I was pretty happy with how it all looked, and I still think it is one of the best SPs, which I expect will happen again. This time around, my favourite theme and activity won, so I can live with the art style being my second choice. I am not too worried about the pastel colours because I expect that there will be multiple swatches. I do like the clutter and the objects, especially the knitted bunny, the crafting table, the bulletin board, the two organizers/shelving units, and all the knitting/ crafting decor objects.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    This was my least favourite because it looks like things we already have in the game. The other two were more special in my opinon but what can you do?

Not really. Granny Chic style can already be found in Cats & Dogs, or at least very similar.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2020
    This was my least favorite of our 3 choices, as TS4 already has a strong Barbie's Dream House vibe. Crossing my fingers that the team is cognizant of this and offsets these retina searing palates with some battered swatches for those of us who prefer a more rustic and second hand furniture aesthetic.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This was my least favorite of our 3 choices, as TS4 already has a strong Barbie's Dream House vibe. Crossing my fingers that the team is cognizant of this and offsets these retina searing palates with some battered swatches for those of us who prefer a more rustic and second hand furniture aesthetic.

Yes, you'll get regular swatches too. Ninja confirmed it about 5 minutes after it was revealed.

• Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm so glad! It's colorful and cute and I'm a stickler for pastel girly stuff. But really, DIY in name/concept always spoke to me when it comes to arts and crafts and anything inbetween in general. I was worried the Granny Chic would win because then I'd be annoyed that the knitting old grannies stereotype would force itself on the pack. (Seeing as I always see folks be like "We need more elder stuff" when picking that option which... peeves me.)
    This might actually be the first stuff pack I'll buy, as none of the others get my interest atm.
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    Wasn't my first choice. The room designs are okay, but the clothing is just horrible. Pretty much why I couldn't have this as my first choice. I had to choose the one that I liked both the room and clothing. Granny chic was awful as well. Hopefully they'll give us lots of swatches as I wouldn't want this much pastel in my house.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I really hoped we would have an elder themed stuff pack but eh guess we're getting yet again more youthful content.
    CAS looks or straight out of Cool Kitchen or Parenthood. Don't like it much.

B&B is nice if Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures is your thing.
    ICws11Wl.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Oh, thank God, it was not Granny Chic.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ShawnedaShawneda Posts: 42 Member
    I'm not gonna lie did a little happy dance when I saw that DIY Delight won... woot woot.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Please, please, please, please, PLEASE - INCLUDE A BUNCH OF CLOTHES FOR TODDLERS AND CHILDREN. Not only do I feel like we don't have nearly enough clothes for them, but also just the fact that they fit this idea so well :smile: I mean, knitting... cutesy... children/toddlers...
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2020
    musteni wrote: »
    From what I saw DIY delight seemed more popular on twitter. I'm a granny chic girl, so of course I'm disgruntled to see my least favourite style win. Anyway I'm hoping we'll get some nice things to vote on next.

I wish we could see it closer. My phone won't make the picture larger. My least favorite, because all I can see from the picture is clutter. Granny chic could give the house a feel of home. Unless it really is nice, I will buy this on sale. Craft table over doilies, the flower holder, and the other nice stuff just gives me a down feeling. I can see the craft table getting old, but the decorating with granny stuff could've been used in most hoods many times over.

Maybe, they can expand on generations and include this as well as canes.
    LiELF wrote: »
    No!!!!!!!!!!! :s I really didn't care for this one at all yet I liked both of the others.

Same. It looks like Barbie's dream sewing room to me, but oh well. I voted Happy Haunts anyway.

Me too. And granny on this one. Not sure if it pays for me to vote or not.😅
    netney52 wrote: »
    Oh I’m so unhappy at all these results. I don’t get the concept of knitting as a gameplay feature and now this concept has won it looks horrid. I gave the knitting concept the benefit of the doubt to see what the design ideas were and none of them were great but I think the worst one won. I don’t think I will bother with the next round of votes.

My feelings exactly.

Maybe your post best describes how I felt looking at this one and cosy. Maybe there's a table, but the rest just doesn't stick out. Granny chic had a look that we don't have and really didn't get much of in Sims3. This is like Tiny House Living for me. Themes on both had promise, but veered from what could add to my game.
    happyopi wrote: »
    I really hoped we would have an elder themed stuff pack but eh guess we're getting yet again more youthful content.
    CAS looks or straight out of Cool Kitchen or Parenthood. Don't like it much.

B&B is nice if Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures is your thing.
    ICws11Wl.png

Someone mentioned they didn't play them, but the lack of content is probably part of that just like the stuck infants make them less desirable. Trying to figure out how they can ever offer granny, because knitting will already be in a pack, which kind of excludes it, unless they include the items in a pack and if you have the DIY pack, your sim can make them. Troubling. I would've liked making doilies, wall round things, plant holder and had them in the game.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    This is excellent! Of course it is unfortunate for everyone who had another favourite. I just don't see myself watching my elderly Sims knit (which obviously they can still do). If I am going to get into knitting in the Sims - which is still a big IF - then it will be more along the lines of having a Sim with an adorable retail store selling their crafts. The DIY concept looks like the best one for the ideas I have to make this work in my game.

Exactly what I want to do. I voted granny chic and was thinking more in terms of residential use. Now I'm looking forward to a cute little shop with a workroom in back.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Disappointed.

Please at least give us some toned-down swatches. My eyes can’t take all of this pastel.

I know right!!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I voted for Granny Chic too but I'm happy this one too. Honestly happy not to have a vomit colored pack win. Got enough vomit and muted colors in the Sims 4 already that don't match other packs well. I just hope the walls from Granny Chic get put into a pack or patch because there are not enough yellow choices in the Sims 4. I hope diagonal shelving gets put in sometime too and I loved that purple rug and that coo coo clock was cute too. Other than that, pretty happy that the other design choice won.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top