Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anti DIY Delight Support Group

Join me brothers and sisters let's complain here in the warmth of separate thread where the pastels and ikea people can't reach us

let's spare the happy civilians and just use this thread to air our grievances
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited January 2020
    I found the colour scheme garish, the furniture style bores me and I am meh about the clothing. I really wanted something that looked warm and cozy but this one doesn't give me that feeling at all.

I just want to add that this thread is a great idea because we can hopefully avoid arguments with fans of the choice.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It's a shame this one won. The style is so similar to Parenthood, DU, and some other pack I'm forgetting right now.
    I wanted one of the other two, more unique. I wanted somethin warm and homey, a bit old fashioned but quirky at the same time. I think the other two could have delivered something like that. What a shame.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2020
    I found the colour scheme garish, the furniture style bores me and I am meh about the clothing. I really wanted something that looked warm and cozy but this one doesn't give me that feeling at all.

exactly. and I think it is complete worst turnout for crafting pack to have ikea furniture

for truly there is nothing crafty about ikea furnitures, they are complete opposite of crafty

colors are also very cold I don't imagine the warm fuzzy feeling of knitting by the fireplace on a cold winter day

and overall it looks ultimately modern which is just very much already in the game
    I just want to add that this thread is a great idea because we can hopefully avoid arguments with fans of the choice.

yeah i just need emotional support and place to complain I don't want to fight people so i figured I am probably not only one
    It's a shame this one won. The style is so similar to Parenthood, DU, and some other pack I'm forgetting right now.
    I wanted one of the other two, more unique. I wanted somethin warm and homey, a bit old fashioned but quirky at the same time. I think the other two could have delivered something like that. What a shame.

Yes, exactly! Modern styles often feel "cold" to me. I like seats you can curl up in, natural-looking wood and cushions. This is the complete opposite to me. The crafting stool looks very uncomfortable and so does the green chair. The one with the yellow cushion is the only seating object I like.. To me this looks like a craft shop, not a person's house.
    Simmingal wrote: »

exactly. and I think it is complete worst turnout for crafting pack to have ikea furniture

for truly there is nothing crafty about ikea furnitures, they are complete opposite of crafty

colors are also very cold I don't imagine the warm fuzzy feeling of knitting by the fireplace on a cold winter day

and overall it looks ultimately modern which is just very much already in the game

Yes, I think so too. I almost always pick the older-looking furniture. I visited IKEA once IRL and wasn't impressed. Maybe it would be better if we could see the room in some different swatches, because that pink and green is SO distracting for me. On the other hand, when I hone in on individual items, I can't see much I'd use.

Obviously, all of this is academic until we get the object votes anyway, and see what the final choices are likely to be.

On the plus side, the guy looks like he's wearing a cat on his jumper. I must take my silver linings where I find them. ;)
    edited January 2020

Yes, exactly! Modern styles often feel "cold" to me. I like seats you can curl up in, natural-looking wood and cushions. This is the complete opposite to me. The crafting stool looks very uncomfortable and so does the green chair. The one with the yellow cushion is the only seating object I like.. To me this looks like a craft shop, not a person's house.

Yes, I think so too. I almost always pick the older-looking furniture. I visited IKEA once IRL and wasn't impressed. Maybe it would be better if we could see the room in some different swatches, because that pink and green is SO distracting for me. On the other hand, when I hone in on individual items, I can't see much I'd use.

Obviously, all of this is academic until we get the object votes anyway, and see what the final choices are likely to be.

On the plus side, the guy looks like he's wearing a cat on his jumper. I must take my silver linings where I find them. ;)

yeah I mean objects vote may still save the pack but this result truly scares me p_p

I mostly only build old houses in sims so if it is all awfully modern and boring like this p_p rip me
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Oh, no. I wanted the grandma style to win. Something with a soul. Boo-hoo :'(

Gah, it's so sad to always be in opposition to the majority. I'm not super duper upset since it's just a game, but I'm considering not voting in the future seeing as how moot it has been thus far in every single case.

It's a relief though, that we are not yet forced to play with pastel Ikea style.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    Oh, no. I wanted the grandma style to win. Something with a soul. Boo-hoo :'(

Gah, it's so sad to always be in opposition to the majority. I'm not super duper upset since it's just a game, but I'm considering not voting in the future seeing as how moot it has been thus far in every single case.

It's a relief though, that we are not yet forced to play with pastel Ikea style.

i mean yeah but its sad when things could be better :< we could have furnitures that ain't from ikea, we could have cutest of decorations, natural beautiful color scheme T_T oh community why

please do vote though do it for the sake of the cozy grannies that just want at least something useful in this pack

even if we don't win lets try and add our side for who knows how many ikea packs we get this year if we don't put in our choices
    The hatred for Granny Chic is strong, sadly. I won't deny that I was interested in seeing what could be done for an elder-themed pack that also happened to have a skill that could appeal to a wide range of sims :( I liked Cozy Craft as well, it had a neutral feel that would work for all ages, and feel homey.
    Also, @Simmingal, your introductory post reminded me of the Joining from Dragon Age: Origins:

“Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that can not be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten. And that one day we shall join you.”

I need to replay that game this year (again!)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    -peeks in.- Although my vote won...Can I tell y'all I'm so sorry it didn't win..I'm sorry y'all are disappointed..I'll take my leave now...
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't know if they posted the numbers of this winning, but I'd like to know how in the crazy did the Granny one not win. Most everyone complaining about not enough stuff for Elders and finally a chance for them to have some stuff dedicated to that age group and... SERIOUSLY DIY wins...

DIY looks like everything else already in this game. While I do like the art for it, it is just similar in style to what we have already. I really wanted the Granny one to win. Maybe somewhere in the future we'll get a pack for that age group.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    This pack could stand out if Granny Chic had won, DIY delight looks too much like all of the rest of the furniture we had in parenthood, my first pet, DU. We need a focus on adding new design styles! I remember using the filters in-game to see what we had for each design-style and we wven had some options without a single object added in it. I'll try to see what was those and post here.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’m not here to discuss any style in particular but I do think they should have done a better job at explaining what “Art Style” means. Lots of people said they voted for DIY because they liked the craft table, same as others voted for Granny Chic just for the hanging plants. “Art Style” doesn’t mean specific objects. Also, each art style will contain more swatches than pictured so just because you didn’t like one color used in one style doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be other colors that you’d like. I think voters were confused as to what they were voting for. Next time they should do more of a “mood board” that contains lots of potential colorways one style might use instead of a fully decked out room. 🤷🏽‍♀️
    edited January 2020
    I’m not here to discuss any style in particular but I do think they should have done a better job at explaining what “Art Style” means. Lots of people said they voted for DIY because they liked the craft table, same as others voted for Granny Chic just for the hanging plants. “Art Style” doesn’t mean specific objects. Also, each art style will contain more swatches than pictured so just because you didn’t like one color used in one style doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be other colors that you’d like. I think voters were confused as to what they were voting for. Next time they should do more of a “mood board” that contains lots of potential colorways one style might use instead of a fully decked out room. 🤷🏽‍♀️

yeah I feel like biggest reason dd won is the big table

some could not resist its temptation

I'd rather they didn't go by artstyle at all tbh just throw people clean furniture and clothing choices like A vs B and determine style based on the results

we would likely end up with much more interesting pack that way

I can only hope whatever we are voting on in object rounds won't be as dull as what i see in style pic
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member

yeah I feel like biggest reason dd won is the big table

some could not resist its temptation

I'd rather they didn't go by artstyle at all tbh just throw people a clean furniture and clothing choices like A vs B and determine style based on the results

we would likely end up with much more interesting pack that way

I can only hope whatever we are voting on in object rounds won't be as dull as what i see in style pic

I hope that this table at least opens up the possibility for bigger dining tables later. I love the small ones, but a 2x2 table, 3x2, etc would be really useful for my big families holiday parties. Like, the small tables can even fit more than one centerpiece/deco without getting in the way of my sims plates.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    @popstarissa @Simmingal yes, and they could even add a "choose the color swatches" alongside the art style.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I definitely wasn't for DIY Delight in the first place, but the style that won the vote is totally boring. The build mode is too similar to lot's of things to other items in the game, and the CAS items are just boring and overall just doesn't stand out. I would've been okay with Cozy Craft Workshop's CAS and build mode items (not the gameplay), but this style just doesn't stand out to me very much. I get every pack released, but honestly, I'm debating if I should just skip this one.
    Proud simmer
    edited January 2020
    I definitely wasn't for DIY Delight in the first place, but the style that won the vote is totally boring. The build mode is too similar to lot's of things to other items in the game, and the CAS items are just boring and overall just doesn't stand out. I would've been okay with Cozy Craft Workshop's CAS and build mode items (not the gameplay), but this style just doesn't stand out to me very much. I get every pack released, but honestly, I'm debating if I should just skip this one.

I mean obviously if there is nothing in the pack that you want you can skip it
    I don't have it all myself for im too cheapskate for that lmao

personally I was always very into the idea of knitting in the game so I feel I will get it if only for knitting
    but I truly wish build mode isn't going to be this useless and that the objects in object vote will surprise me in a good way
    at least they are asking around for what we want to knit so I am hoping that saves this pack for me ._.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I don't know if they posted the numbers of this winning, but I'd like to know how in the crazy did the Granny one not win. Most everyone complaining about not enough stuff for Elders and finally a chance for them to have some stuff dedicated to that age group and... SERIOUSLY DIY wins...

DIY looks like everything else already in this game. While I do like the art for it, it is just similar in style to what we have already. I really wanted the Granny one to win. Maybe somewhere in the future we'll get a pack for that age group.

They haven't given numbers, but on reddit SimGuruNinja said granny chic came a 'distant third'. So it wasn't even second, it was close between the other two though. Guess it just had a really vocal minority.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Also, @Simmingal, your introductory post reminded me of the Joining from Dragon Age: Origins:

“Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that can not be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten. And that one day we shall join you.”

Oh same, my first thought was "Alistair ??"

Very sad about the generic af stuff pack it's shaping out to be. The CAS is so boring.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I said it elsewhere but the art style that won really doesn't appeal to me. I agree that we already have it and that a lot of it is stuff that I ignore to get other content in larger packs. It looks like "McMansion chic" / "yummy Mummy" to me or like overly bright "Facebook games" about making cupcakes, or similar. It's obviously a popular style, but no, I'm not excited for it.

I'll continue to evaluate the actual clothing and objects, but I'm pretty undecided. I said this before but I might end up less interested than in My First Pet Stuff which I ultimately got in a bundle.

Also, yes, I understand what an art style vote is. I found the process of looking at the art styles to be interesting, but no, I immediately didn't care for this one. I hope this won't end up too heavily influencing all future content. I wanted the arts and crafts, but so far, I'm not that excited.

For the elders, I wouldn't worry too much. Like Happy Haunts, I think they know there is real interest. Elders might get more content in a larger pack or a "Generations pack". I know I'd be interested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    happyopi wrote: »

Oh same, my first thought was "Alistair ??"

Actually I have never played Dragon Age or Origins for that matter so it was very much coincidental xD
    but must say after googling it up I am not against those vibes :wink:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh my brethren, I feel your pain!

DIY was my last choice. If you take those colorful walls away, the furniture looks pretty generic, like Ikea styles. That table is huge and actually looks like a sewing table (which tends to also be huge unless it's foldable.) Seriously, that room just looks like a sewing room. Do Knitters ever use a table like that? I've never knit anything so I truly don't know. But I do sew and that type of table is used for spreading out large bolts or lengths of fabric for ease of use.

I'm guessing that part of the reason this one won is because it looks the most like a younger, modern day craft room similar to the styles of today. (Full of solid light colors, straight lines, and cheerful practicality.) But I'm really just not a fan of modern styles in general. They're kind of... boring and plasticky looking. I prefer the curves and and eccentricities of older designs and antiques, they all look like they have their own stories and can make a room look curious, magical, or quirky.

I also wonder if the word "granny" in Granny Chic turned off the younger generations of players. 😒 If they had called it something random like Kitten Crafts, I wonder if more people would have voted on it? There's actually some marketing influence in a name.

And the worst of it all? I'm not getting my Cuckoo Clock! By witness of the Gods, I'd have bought the pack just to have that clock! Oh sorry day!

*Lip trembles. Eyes well up.*
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Meh is all I can say :'(