Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• VeronicaTSVeronicaTS Posts: 8 New Member
    I want to suggest setting decorating theme objects in Seasons to be automatically pulled out and put away every time that theme is used rather thsn having to add then delete them every holiday.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'd be happy with true flat stoves without that wall part. Honestly, I don't understand why in the concept art the stove is flat and then they 3d model it with that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. You can't even put that on islands.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • tenaciousb420tenaciousb420 Posts: 5 New Member
    they fixed it! I can now place friezes once again at will. thank you devs
  • tenaciousb420tenaciousb420 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am however having difficulty deleting friezes placed with this method which I don't remember being an issue before. Thanks for your time
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I know its a small thing, but could we please have the grid OFF as default? Please? Thank you.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    I am however having difficulty deleting friezes placed with this method which I don't remember being an issue before. Thanks for your time

Ditto. Pulling up older homes and redoing them and I can't delete. trim either. I can change it, but not remove it.
  • PokemoePokemoe Posts: 7 New Member
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/95c0dbcb74ef950b5f262bd06b843df1/tumblr_pqbvj3P2jj1vuhjcuo1_1280.jpg , I need some build help please I am trying to create a room with a foundation onto a flat foundation ? In pic there is a room with a foundation on a foundation like street , every time I try to move room with foundation onto the already made foundation it just combines the room with bottom foundation.
    Pokemoe wrote: »
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/95c0dbcb74ef950b5f262bd06b843df1/tumblr_pqbvj3P2jj1vuhjcuo1_1280.jpg , I need some build help please I am trying to create a room with a foundation onto a flat foundation ? In pic there is a room with a foundation on a foundation like street , every time I try to move room with foundation onto the already made foundation it just combines the room with bottom foundation.

As designed. You cannot connect two different foundation heights. (if that's what I understand you are trying to do.) The one being moved, will always adjust to the existing foundation.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2019
    Actually Illogicalsims has just made cooktops and separated ovens (that still have to be in a counter) and they work fine, so it’s totally doable!

As for wall ovens that would probably require new animations as it wouldn’t be the same height.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Yes I’d love that and cooktops but then I guess they’d have to change all the cooking animations.
    Taoron wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It would be nice to have stoves and counters without backsplash. Or to have it as an option at least. Also if we had stoves without backsplash they would look better when we include them in a kitchen Island.

And ovens that could be raised and used as part of a wall unit.

• OohdemollyOohdemolly Posts: 22 Member
    I'm not sure if these have already been mentioned, I only got to page three, but when in build mode you try to place something you get the message that it can't intersect with other objects - playing on laptop it can be hard to see what it's intersecting with, maybe the text could add what it's intersecting with. Oh, and moo on wall decorations, I want curtains all around, and they just keep snapping to the walls :)
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited November 2019
    Can someone please test the columns as it would appear the stretchiness has limited use and can be pretty finicky, unless I don't understand their new purpose and how to use them properly.

The images below attempt to illustrate the issues I am having. The columns are capable of stretching 4 stories, it is the Get Famous column named A Concrete Column.

In this first set of pics I want to raise the column against the wall to meet the roof line like you can on a free standing column (not against any walls) No amount of trickery lets me do it (see below for trickery)

HipqsGR.png

IwUPEri.png

In this second image the column is against the wall at the lower half but I want it to extend up onto the corner of the second story - the only way to achieve this is to put in a false wall and raise the column to the desired height and then delete the wall. Not a terribly elegant solution since if you want trim anywhere you have to place a floor piece and that nulls the stretch. And it still wont go up to touch the roof anyway. And since the mismatch of flat wall to corner was never corrected, using a second column up top is unacceptable. :neutral:

bqR6nEA.png

b3anw4x.png

ElgC3wW.png

9PGDnwm.png

(using two columns because I dared to touch it, yep still mismatched...)

iZKuYmV.png

Lastly it would be super awesome if you could shrink the column, since they dont actually serve a structural purpose. It would allow us to put columns on half walls or w/e ever just because.
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    edited November 2019
    @Nectere I'm not 100% certain as to what you're doing in those examples, or why you can't raise them any further. They can go 4 storys, from what I understand, althought I've only gone 2. On the one that doesn't quite reach, if that is the 4th floor, your roof extrands past that, with the takker edge of the 'flat' roof.

You can make them smaller, the same way you make anything else smaller with the [ key. At least, that was the case with the half a dozen or so I tried it on.

I've only, as of yet, used them for a support for an overhang roof that was 2 floors high. I know I could have gone firther up, because I did by accident and they cane through the roofline and had to lower them.

Example:

0NIP8FH.png

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    It's understandable there should be a gap as columns only cover walls and you are trying to cover part of the roof as well. Either change the style of roof or have a flat roof.

As far as your second issue, columns can't hang half off the wall. They must either be flat against the wall or wrap around the corner. You are trying to do both with the one column. Either pull the bottom wall back to the same place as the wall above or vice versa.
  • w_w_waiyiiiiii9813w_w_waiyiiiiii9813 Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love to have stairs with walls become a room (with enough height), so that one can enter the space beneath the stairs, like the room for Harry Potter, when he was in his first and second year! Also, if small stuff can be placed near the bottom of the stairs (without walls) would be nice, since now not even a rug can be placed. Thanks!
  • sparklilisparklili Posts: 29 Member
    agree with the column issue - i can totally understand for traditional builds but would be nice to extend past the roof bottom for more modern styles without having to go down the flat roof route
    edited December 2019
    sawdust wrote: »
    It's understandable there should be a gap as columns only cover walls and you are trying to cover part of the roof as well. Either change the style of roof or have a flat roof.

As far as your second issue, columns can't hang half off the wall. They must either be flat against the wall or wrap around the corner. You are trying to do both with the one column. Either pull the bottom wall back to the same place as the wall above or vice versa.

You can however place the column on the wall, delete the wall and then move the column a little bit and then redraw the wall.

@Nectere If you stack colums, they will offset. If you place the second column on the original column and then use MOO and 9 to raise the second column, they will line up.

Also, if the column cannot raise any higher, you can use ] to make it larger, and it will only grow taller, without expanding it's girth.
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    My apologies if I missed something that was already written, however:
    1. The ability to build walls on half-tile (I don't believe that this is possible)
    2. The ability to create an angled island/kitchen counter. Essentially, smooth transition of kitchen counters from a straight wall to a diagonal wall.
    3. The ability to toggle shadows on and off.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    The only thing I really am irritated by often in build mode is that you cannot build multiple homes on one lot with separate families living in them. I think it would not be too hard to add this feature because they already have apartments. I really want to make co-op housing and row houses and other things like that. I really like the way it works when you live in an apartment (CL) and that kind of relationship with neighbors would be so fun if you could have it in a place you built yourself that is not an apartment. I know Discover University added roommates, but that is (unless I am wrong) only one person and you can't make them functionally separate homes.

PLEASE ADD A TOOL FOR MAKING MULTIPLE HOMES ON ONE LOT WITH SEPARATE FAMILIES!!!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I think some ability to inset things would be great. For example, fireplaces sometimes are flush with a wall because the back of the fireplace is within the wall and then the remaining area is also wall. Also things like bookcases/shelves inset into walls. Or how some structures have faux arches or windows because they're inset into a wall without being actual functioning arches or windows. Hope this makes sense. I know you can basically make a wall deeper and then place an object in the cutout, but insetting is a very specific feature that combines wall structures and furniture that I think the game should include.
  • VYXVYX Posts: 19 Member
    Just a small problem that I encountered: floor tiles on rounded corners can't be rotated, makes placing wooden floor panels hard. Also wondering if there's a way to avoid having the camera jumping around whenever there's a tree or a large object.
  • LeaxxieLeaxxie Posts: 23 Member
    > @w_w_waiyiiiiii9813 said:
    > I would love to have stairs with walls become a room (with enough height), so that one can enter the space beneath the stairs, like the room for Harry Potter, when he was in his first and second year! Also, if small stuff can be placed near the bottom of the stairs (without walls) would be nice, since now not even a rug can be placed. Thanks!

I love the idea of space under the stairs. Even if it's not completely functional. Just the look would be cute. But I do enjoy having multiple stair cases right above one another, and this could help with that too.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Leaxxie I have build things like half baths into the base of a staircase by putting a door on the stair base.
    https://imgur.com/a/BvJCqlO

see the third image, in this build there is a door in the staircase base leading to a basement
    https://imgur.com/a/kCCkd6t

If this is not what you meant, please disregard.

edited January 2020
    Folks I'm actually completely stumped here, the 9 key in #moo is causing the camera to "leap away" and the item does not go up. I removed mods tried different keyboard configurations, even tried plugging in a USB numeric keypad. Does anyone know is 9 key and #moo broken? or if I toggled something weird other than number lock?

this is with #moo on selecting the cleaning bucket and pushing 9 to raise and the camera "leaping away"

TF5lYtx.mp4
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I can help you with that! I've posted this in other places on the forum, but I'll copy it here for you. Hope it helps! :)

When you try to use MOO (bb.moveobjects on) does the camera suddenly fly away instead of moving your objects up or down? Does MOO only work by holding down the ctrl key with 9 or 0? Have you used ctrl 9 or ctrl 0 to save a camera position for taking screenshots or making a video? If yes, here's how to fix it so you can again use 9 or 0 without the ctrl key when using MOO.

1. Open your TS4 folder by going to Documents > Electronic Arts >The Sims 4
    2. Look for a folder called VideoCameraStates and open it.
    3. Inside you should see a file with a picture of a cog on it named VideoCameraStates. It's a configuration file.
    4. Open the file. If you've set any camera positions, they will be listed inside.
    5. If you don't care to save them, (perhaps you did it accidentally or you no longer need them) delete the entire folder. The game will generate a new empty one the next time you open your game.
    6. If you'd like to keep these camera positions, copy the folder and save it somewhere safe until you need it again. Just drop the contents into the newly generated folder.

Voila! That's it! You can now simply use the 9 key to raise an object or the 0 key to lower it without using the ctrl key whenever you want to use MOO! :)
    Brilliant, Thank YOU! @Karababy52
    I figured it would be something weird like that