Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only left 2 SP 1 GP 1 EP?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2020
    If they do release a Sims 5, I highly doubt I'll buy it. It was like Sim City 4. Quite awesome and I still play it time to time. Sim City 5 was carpy by comparison, gameplay-wise. Even if the graphics were phenomenal.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2020
    When I read the OP I get the feeling they expect the game to have an equal amount of GP and EP and the double number of SP. I don't think these are fixed a fixed ratio, especially after the long break between my first pets stuff and mochino stuff. The fact that we have one SP announced (tiny living) and one SP in the works (community pack 2) doesn't say anything about the number of EP's and GP's we can still expect.

My guess would be
    2 EP's, 2 GP and 1 SP (most likely scenario) with the community pack in early 2021
    or
    2 EP's, 1 GP and 2 SP

Possibly themes
    - farming EP
    - vacation or hotel GP
    - supernatural GP (fairies or werewolves as second GP in 2020)
    - Something new we don't expect (like strangerville was in the previous year)

All based on feeling and the previous year.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    When I read the OP I get the feeling they expect the game to have an equal amount of GP and EP and the double number of SP. I don't think these are fixed a fixed ratio, especially after the long break between my first pets stuff and mochino stuff. The fact that we have one GP announced (tiny living) and one GP in the works (community pack 2) doesn't say anything about the number of EP's and GP's we can still expect.

My guess would be
    2 EP's, 2 GP and 1 SP (most likely scenario) with the community pack in early 2021
    or
    2 EP's, 1 GP and 2 SP

Possibly themes
    - farming EP
    - vacation or hotel GP

Tiny living and the community knitting packs are SP not gp
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Pls let it end already. Im holding on the last few years and everytime they say 'we are not done yet' or 'we have big plans', I get anxious.
    Not to say that I expect them to deliver The Sims 5 as what it should be, cause I see this franchise is more about programming us, then us programming our sims.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The trouble with Sims 3's open world was that it being an open world automatically put a limit on game size. With Sims 4 mostly a closed world, the game can keep adding packs and worlds indefinitely. So you don't have to buy a new Sims game that is the same.

Why would anybody want to buy Sims 5 if it's inferior to Sims 4?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    When I read the OP I get the feeling they expect the game to have an equal amount of GP and EP and the double number of SP. I don't think these are fixed a fixed ratio, especially after the long break between my first pets stuff and mochino stuff. The fact that we have one GP announced (tiny living) and one GP in the works (community pack 2) doesn't say anything about the number of EP's and GP's we can still expect.

My guess would be
    or
    2 EP's, 1 GP and 2 SP

Possibly themes
    - farming EP
    - vacation or hotel GP

Tiny living and the community knitting packs are SP not gp

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I will edit my post.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not sure how others feel but I kinda felt a sense of "finality" with the sims4 university. Maybe that is just how I feel but I do wonder if they will scale down the packs now so more people can work on their next game.
    Loanet wrote: »

Good question, probably because the sims5, or whatever their next game will be... will probably offer something new that the sims4 does not offer and it will hopefully also have more features than what the sims4 had at launch. This could be why the team seem hesitant to add some things to the sims4.

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The trouble with Sims 3's open world was that it being an open world automatically put a limit on game size. With Sims 4 mostly a closed world, the game can keep adding packs and worlds indefinitely. So you don't have to buy a new Sims game that is the same.

Every next game is inferior to the previous until more content is released. They bought sims 3 when it was inferior to 2 and they bought 4 when it was inferior to 3 and they will do the same with 5.

2 was better than 1 even with a fully expanded 1 game. The game engine, graphics and sims themselves were leaps and bounds better than TS1. The rest didn't have so many large scale changes. TS3 did have open world and full customization though, again big enough changes to get people to leap over and forget about seasons and pets and university for awhile. TS4 was stripped back to even a lesser version of a TS2 base game and people still bought it at launch. There's no question in my mind, TS5 will definitely sell.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member

Have you played The Sims 5? 😱
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The Sims 4 will forever go on. o:)

Haha.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'd love to get Werewolves but since they didn't make it to the "top 4" on the Twitter Occult poll, I don't see them coming soon. At that time, a lot of people wanted ocean swimming so they voted for Mermaids. But then again, now people are asking for Werewolves to get body hair so you never know. 😄

I don't see Sims 4 ending any time soon because, well, the devs have said so many times and also the game just got rebranded over the summer. No corporation is going to spend money on rebranding a game if they're just going to end it in a year. No doubt we've got at least two years more of releases and there's plenty of content that could be added but I don't think they plan it it terms of how many GPs and EPs they want to release. They plan by considering the type of content they want to add, what kind of pack it will fit into and what the budget and time allows.

While I am interested in a Sims 5 in hopes for a better base game, I'm not looking forward to starting over again, losing my Vampires and other favorites, and seeing the forums fill up with angry mobs yelling about what's new and what's changed and what's "left out". It's going to be a mixed bag for everyone.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    The Sims 4 will forever go on. o:)

Hey, Colton, how you be? It's been awhile.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    oh geez, not this conjecture again...
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2020
    Still I want Werewolves GP
    Then can remake my TS3 family
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Looking at the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the money system in Dungeons and Dragons
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    As a console player I will say this: Sims 5 isn’t in development before the new generation of ps and xbox are out and running.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I was thinking as Tiny houses is SP16
    And we have 8 EP and 8 GP
    8 + 8 = 16
    I was to say, it is the end of TS4
    but still we have the community SP 2 (than would be SP17 or 18)
    It mean than still left EX9 and GP9?

I hope GP9 be Werewolves

Why do Simmers keep saying this when the usually tight lipped gurus have already said that Sims4 doesn't share the patterns of the other games and more recently that there are years and many, many packs left. As I saw in another thread, why would it be over if they are newly bringing it to console? Plus, the survey today talks about how they can change things in the Sims4 game for the future. Some things they discussed were major changes. They aren't going to make changes to the main part if they are planning to abandon it.

Many simmers have no interest in moving on or buying another game with all the packs when this one can just be added to. Without huge changes like open world, I can play the past games and have the same or better experience. For me, Sims5 can add nothing I don't already have.

Should be moved to rumor and speculation.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Guys, remember: they just reharshed the entire games visuals/appearance last year. They wouldn't do that if Sims 5 were around the corner. I bet Sims 5 is only coming out in 2024/2025. I think Sims 4 will end its lifecycle with 10 years of development.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I would say that it will last longer. As long as there's a demand, they will keep on adding & improving the game. More than anything, if TS5 is a thing, it has to have a distinct difference in comparison to the predecessor version. I won't count the number of packs that are going to be released, but rather the quality of each pack in every released. If the quality is getting worse, it's time for them to move forward.
    OID:- x4m1r4