Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sock puppets + interaction, please!

@FreezerBunnyCowplant suggested this for one of the things we could potentially knit. I had forgotten that Sims 2 animation/interaction for us to play with the puppets, and I just wanted to stress out that idea, because I love it. Sims 4 is a completely new/different iteration on this franchise, but I feel like Sims 1/2 are starting to get older and as the time goes by we'll not be able to play those game in their full glory, so... whats better than reusing/recreating the content of those packs? Like... I want the sock puppet interaction, the kids games interactions (like cops & robbers, red hands)... I would love Sims 1 neighborhood, Sims 2 neighborhoods as well... Oh gosh...
Another thing we could knit, maybe it could be those puppets used on the kids theater we got in the kids room pack, as a cross-pack feature... Like unlocking a new "show" for the kids with the new puppets.

Hand puppets
Knitted hand puppets that Sims can use to play with and social interaction
e6c17167af2eccc3997e71708dd72680--knitting-toys-free-knitting.jpg
4_small2.jpg
crochet-57Uli-the-Unicorn-Hand-Puppet.jpeg
77_50097_il_570xn.439428811_4wuw.jpg?itok=T0b0c0fb

Like this fun social interaction from Sims 2, can only be done if handpuppet is in inventory and assigned to Sim
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-pzujmxf1I

What do you guys think?

Sock puppets + interaction, please! 60 votes

Yes, I want the sock puppets + interaction.
66%
auroraael14EvilWitch83AuroraBoreallisSnuffyBucketRoboSpongieKaeChan2089SweetKarma13helloellieemikawagBabykittyjademariajane216DoloresGreytexxx78Vafrous_VeeSayoLoireScobreSheriSim57FreezerBunnyCowplantRedShoe7TamakiSakura84 40 votes
Maybe, only if...
10%
nolurkMariefoxprice83ChadSims2Evilyn_1007UncagedSongbirdHallie22 6 votes
No, I want other things.
23%
PlayerSinger2010MeteoraStormKhrisstyneFinvolaEnkiSchmidtmusteniloutredorJemmaTheSimmercheescaeksEvie0602PeralSERVERFRASimmingalM1ss_Plumbum 14 votes

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I was thinking about hand puppets being an object your Sims can knit and put in their inventory. Then they would have new social interactions and could play with it or raise their social needs by themselves.

You could also assign which hand puppet they would prefer to use
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Maybe, only if...
    A dragon puppet would be fun.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Maybe, only if...
    We have something similar to this with kids room puppet show but I would not mind this if it was an interaction parents could use with children. Don't really care for 2 adults talking together with hand puppets unless they give us a crazy trait to go along with it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    No, I want other things.
    i'd rather have imaginary friends over sock puppets since these both require new animations and stuff.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited January 2020
    No, I want other things.
    I was never big on sock puppets even as kid so I'll pass for I have many things to want and it'd make no real difference for me to have sock puppets or not

like not salty if they are there but also i feel there is many other things id use the animation efforts on before that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Maybe, only if...
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    We have something similar to this with kids room puppet show but I would not mind this if it was an interaction parents could use with children. Don't really care for 2 adults talking together with hand puppets unless they give us a crazy trait to go along with it.

We had an 'insane' trait and it was renamed 'erratic' for the sake of political correctness. I doubt we'll get anything similar.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    > @cheescaeks said:
    > i'd rather have imaginary friends over sock puppets since these both require new animations and stuff.

@cheescaeks I don't think they can make a new life state in a stuff pack girl
  • Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > We had an 'insane' trait and it was renamed 'erratic' for the sake of political correctness. I doubt we'll get anything similar.

I could see erratic sims doing the sock puppet interaction with adults... would be funny
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Before we get sock puppets I want soft toys that the preteens can carry in their inventory but can be interacted with like the large stuffed animals (which are another example of the ridiculous oversized objects that the Sims 4). One really cute feature of the Sims 3 teddies that if a baby, toddler or child went to sleep with one of those inventory they got a cuddle moodlet lasted four hours after they woke up.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Couldn't you mock sims in the sims 1 with a sock puppet?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Maybe if we could use them with the puppet show? That'd be cool.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Before we get sock puppets I want soft toys that the preteens can carry in their inventory but can be interacted with like the large stuffed animals (which are another example of the ridiculous oversized objects that the Sims 4). One really cute feature of the Sims 3 teddies that if a baby, toddler or child went to sleep with one of those inventory they got a cuddle moodlet lasted four hours after they woke up.

yes @moon_willow i remember the cuddle moodlet from sleeping with a teddy bear, I would lvoe that in Sims 4.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sock puppets would be great! I would also love for those Sims 2 social play interactions for kids to come back , maybe they could add cats cradle with yarn string too