The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Tiny Living' complaining thread!

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
Alright, we are back at it. Due to the success of the last thread that involved 'Discover University', I would LOVE to give us simmers again the chance to just.. complain.. complain and complain without any consequences or attacks to your complaints. So here goes:

ENJOY complaining!

maxresdefault.jpg

If you feel yourself confused about what this thread is, I will kindly refer you the first thread where it all began in here.
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Isn't it too early to complain?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Oh my goodness FurSims, you crack me up. LOL Thank you for the Thursday giggle.

*places soapbox down and straightens jacket*
    As a tiny living enthusiast, I am disappointed there aren't more "tiny" objects being included in the pack. We've long needed smaller objects for quite a few of our more robust assets in the game, and I would have liked to see a few more tidbits in there. I do like the combination furniture, but as with most things in TS4, its usefulness to me will be determined by whether it has battered and abused looking swatches so that they actually fit the aesthetics of my run down apartments.

I'm actually pretty excited for this pack, so that's all I can really think to complain about right now. :D:D:D

Oh, and bring back toddler... I mean, ladders! :raises fist: ;) LOL
    Remember the color wheel!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i mostly have 3 complaints i went to add first complaint is built in ovens and built in cook tops thats install on the counters like these

dLzGUZ2.jpg first pic is a double oven if the sims have to cook for a family of 8 sims or for a major party

f90bwbW.jpg

07Ym0Jh.jpg

my second complaint is the lack of retro content like content from the 1950 to now

retro kitchen cabinets and counter tops (1954)

yWchmaL.jpg

retro laundry room cabinets (1954)

UzqNyJP.jpg

retro appliances stove dishwashers and topload washers and dryer choice of appliances in the sims buy mode catalog is lagging and on this side i am thking in ter of story telling point of view

MORKYVA.jpg

cj3oCAT.jpg

f1WwZC3.jpg

xZcmqae.jpg

and last but not least in term of story telling i support the addition of bunk beds and also in term of outside deco needs more choice of flower beds and bush

zSIJWbH.jpg

1qCARqY.jpg petunias

fz175oJ.jpg marygolds

*its rare that i complain about a game that i love because i love sims4 but feel in point of story creating and as a player that the buy build catalog is lacking in term of choice do you went to create as a player a modern kitchen when you would like for your elder sims that are grandparents a more retro style decor depending on the story you have for players that have aging on that is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    Spiral staircases being too much for a stuff pack is a garbage excuse! Do they really think we're that stupid???
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    mjallet wrote: »
    Spiral staircases being too much for a stuff pack is a garbage excuse! Do they really think we're that stupid???

Yes they think we are..
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited January 2020
    First, I'm going to buy the pack but I wish they had added under counter washer and dryer. The foot print for a tiny home is big for a tiny home. I was able to make a duplex with a total of 100 tiles. I didn't enter it because I don't think it is what they want for the contest.

Instead I did a really quick tiny home build and entered it. I know I won't win though.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    My complaint is that I don't see why this needed to be a pack. If, for whatever reason, we couldn't previously build homes at the tiny size this pack is encouraging, I'd have no problem with it. But we could. So I don't see why this needed to be a paid stuff pack. It could have been a free update. Also, the lack of bunk beds really doesn't make sense to me in a pack that seems to revolve around saving space.

This isn't really a complaint, just more of a thought, but I find it weird how they seem to be basing the "tininess" only on the area, and not on the height. I don't consider a four story house, like they showed in the trailer, to be tiny, just because it's only 100 squares of space. Maybe that's just me, but I would think they would have limited it to only one floor.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My main complaint is that 100 tiles is way too much. I made a house restricted to that and it still felt huge...half of that would be a true tiny home. Also most tiny homes don’t go above a second story (which is usually a loft). Also another complain, where are we supposed to put them? We have far too many big lots for this to make sense.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I feel "tiny living" is a wasted opportunity to do "grungy living" with worn down and improvised furniture. Very disappointed that they took the cosy route instead, with more happinies, more romance and the 100 tiles needless restrictions. For one, I could do that before the SP already and for two, a 102 tiles build isn't so much different from a 99 tiles build, but the latter is eligible for the bonus, but the first not.

That said, I like what we've seen so far of CAS.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Ahum....

I have a bad feeling there's no ladders. Why aren't there ladders; this is a perfect opportunity for them since it helps reduce space and allows access to different floors.

Is this really the focus of a single pack? The whole thing feels so underwhelming to limit ourselves to simply 100(?) tiles with some bonuses (lower bills, whatever else was shown in the trailer). As others have already said, we can do this currently, just simply without the "benefits" that will be included in the pack. Oh and is this what that community survey stuff went towards? Honestly I hope not.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Thanks for the next complaining forum, keep them coming. We all have at least one complaint minimum about the packs. If you don't good for you.

Here we go again!
    The soul purpose of the trailer was to show off 100 tiles of space. 100 tiles even with one floor is still massive. Most of the tiny apartments and smaller houses that are in the base game are less than that. We already have tinier houses/apartments that we can build ourselves with less restrictions. The restrictions that they implemented for this sp are ridiculous and bigger than it should be. I have a feeling it's going to bug build mode and make it unstable for awhile. I don't forsee anyone using it after a week of owning it if they're not paid to do so by EA. Also, if you are building a tiny living space you wouldn't use the regular big and bulky house items. You'd use things that can be folded up/down (Murphy Bed) and things that are hidden or under things like cabinets or counters. Some of the items that come to my mind are: undercover microwaves, folding tables, trash compactors, bookshelves/entertainment center combos, couch beds, washer/dryer como units for under cabinets, bunk beds etc.

Secondly why are murphy beds so important when we have things already in game that need to be sized down for "tiny living". Like the massive telescope (can't fit that into a small living space) and other skill based items. I know there are more, but my mind is blanking right now. Murphy beds are great, it's cool that they are finally going to be included, but I don't remember them being all that useful or comfortable for previous sims.

Don't get me wrong I prefer living in tiny houses. It looks cozy and it seems to be more manageable for a couple sims. That way your not going from one end of the lot to another frequently. I just figured since the name has the word "tiny" you'd be getting more space saving items.

The new items are okay looking, but as always it's reused materials with different color swatches. New packs should have NEW items, not just one.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I wish they would have focused on tiny living kitchen stuff. I like building tiny houses but kitchens always take up so much space - even in the trailer. We should be able to place items like bins, microwaves, washing machines, dryers in counters / cabinets. We should also be able to prepare food on a table if no empty counter is available.

I don‘t really see the point in the new lot. We can limit builds to 100 tiles ourselves. Lower bills are really not needed and it‘s very unrealistic that it‘s easier to build relationships in tiny houses. But that‘s happy, happier, TS4 for you.

I like Murphy Beds but usually in The Sims you can‘t use the space in front of the closed bed so I don‘t really see much space saving. It would be good if we could place items in front of it and they get temporarily stored in the inventory when we open the bed and get placed back in the world when we close the bed.

I don‘t understand why they would add knit CAS to the pack when we get a knitting stuff pack soon.

And of course, bunkbeds. Why don‘t we have bunkbeds? We had them in 2011. If they‘re really so difficult to implement then they have to explain us why. I just can‘t wrap my mind around the idea that something that was possible in 2011 is not possible in 2020.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm not extremely upset about Tiny Living, but I do have a bone or two to pick.

First of all, shouldn't we be able to fit more things under cabinets? Laundry Machines/Dryers, and... actually, that's all I have right now.

Second, why isn't there ladders? We have an animation for it already. It doesn't make sense.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I get that ladders/spiral stairs can't be in the pack, build mode is always done by patch, probably for gallery/consistency reasons. And I'll assume the gurus aren't lying when they say bunk beds are impossible for a stuff pack. However given all of that, I honestly think this pack should have just been delayed until those items were patched in/in other packs already. Then there wouldn't be an issue.

My other issue with this pack is it just doesn't fit the name. There isn't really much tiny living stuff. There is some nice furniture and cas, if you like that style. But aside from the murphy bed, I can't see what other stuff is for tiny living. The combo object is nice, but it is 2 tiles wide! That doesn't help, you can fit all that stuff in 2 tiles anyway. A 1 tile combo would have been good, but doesn't look like it exists. It's a nice option, but doesn't really fit the tiny living.

And the lot just seems pointless. You already have low bills for smaller and cheaper lots, money is so easy to get I don't need a reduction. I hope a mod makes relationships decrease faster as well as that seems more likely than gaining. Or both, with relationship extremes, gaining or loosing quickly. Not sure about the comfy thing, but I'm just expecting a moodlet for it, doubt it does much.

Overall it isn't terrible, it just isn't really what it sells itself as. And they should have waited for a ladders patch to release this.