The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any past packs you would be happy if they recreated almost exactly for newer games?

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Freetime and Generations 😍
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Open for Business.....when TS5 comes around.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I would like to see llama Mata return as another/better option for universaty
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sims 1
    -Makin Magic
    -Superstar

Sims 2
    -Free Time
    -Apartment Life

Sims 3
    -Generations
    -Late Night

Those packs were the best for me, and I wouldn't mind at all if they straight copied them in newer versions.

I still have hope we're getting a Generations type of pack in Sims 4.
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    For anyone who said Open for Business that's a good one too! The amount of different types of businesses you could own was great, the salon and nightclub options were cool.

All of these options are great, something doesn't have to be different just because it's being released for a newer version of The Sims, if it made the community happy in the past keep it for the future.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    FreeTime from Sims 2.
  • hallsignshallsigns Posts: 6 New Member
    Parenthood
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Into the Future and World Adventures (but without the visa system)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hot Date, Free Time, World Adventures, Generations, anything that has been left out from Ambitions.

In terms of worlds, I'd like a world based off of Sunset Valley complete with the swimming. There were other old worlds that I remember playing with and enjoying too. I'm kind of open-minded about the worlds though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'd love a World Adventures type deal with Egypt, Japan, and a third place maybe somewhere European.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Funny thing is that BASE game elements from TS3 seem to be scattered throughout TS4's various packs. The aspect of "World Adventures" is something I'd really like to see in the game, and a pack I don't have, since Steam has never marked it down during a sale. We have "Windenburg" which is a mashup of the United Kingdom and Germany. Jungle Adventures and Island Living involve exotic locales. Yet, none really have tourism. And Generations I haven't played, but feel it would add a lot to realistic TS4 gameplay.

Of what I enjoy in what packs I've actually played (and actually, are to an extent predecessor of EXISTING packs) is as follows.

Horses and wildlife were included in Pets. Given a couple of my TS4 Sims are slightly based off TS3 Sims who had horses, this is a little annoying. There are also a few Sims based off models in tack catalogs I've done in TS4-mainly because TS3 CAS is tough to work with.

Firefighting and Ghost Hunting in Ambitions--not in TS4. I like the police and medical careers in Get to Work, but feel these would be great to add to TS4 as "active" careers.

I feel "Fast Lane Stuff" in TS4 might be a proper way to introduce cars.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Open for Business and Island Paradise
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd like to see Open for Business, Nightlife, Freetime and Generations. Sims 4 truly lacks in retail romance our Sims actually caring about hobbies and detailed family play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited January 2020
    Makin' Magic was just the peak of Sims expansion packs and they were never able to recreate or create any thing that could reach that level ever again.

I think the Sims 4 really needs a Livin' Large style expansion pack to be honest. We need something that brings in a bunch of new NPCs, interests and zodiacs, neighborhoods(or rather worlds now), a bunch random events and careers and for the sims 4 specifically new traits. It would be less about new things and just an overhaul of existing features similar to what it did for the original base Sims.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would love to see Generations and World Adventures and Ambitions.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I would not complain about a one to one remake of any of the previous games’ packs. At least we’d be getting some missing objects that way!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Free Time, Open for Business, World Adventures, Ambitions
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2020
    TS1:
    Makin Magic

TS2:
    Bon Voyage
    Nightlife
    Open For Business (this one specifically)
    Freetime
    UNIVERSITY (honestly, so good)
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    Easily World Adventures. My favorite pack from Sims 1-4, hands down.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Free Time and the rest of Open for Business (home based businesses, toy making station, non-retail businesses like bars, hair salon).
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't play TS3 that much, but, I would love if they can recreate & make a better World Adventure GP/EP or something similar like the Bon Voyage TS2. They could get an aspiration from the real world 7 wonders, but I would love to see the Sims 7 Wonders based on The Sims worlds since TS1 till TS4 to be incorporated in a pack. It can be 'The curse of the Llama' theme, or even 'The Secret Ancient of Plumbob' theme to name a few. I want something unique, fun, thrilling, and have a lot of twists.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Generations, for sure

this please, i'm desperate for more engaging family play. also apartment life and open for business because the main features of those games were actually good unlike the watered down versions in sims 4.
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I don't play TS3 that much, but, I would love if they can recreate & make a better World Adventure GP/EP or something similar like the Bon Voyage TS2. They could get an aspiration from the real world 7 wonders, but I would love to see the Sims 7 Wonders based on The Sims worlds since TS1 till TS4 to be incorporated in a pack. It can be 'The curse of the Llama' theme, or even 'The Secret Ancient of Plumbob' theme to name a few. I want something unique, fun, thrilling, and have a lot of twists.

That is such a cool idea!
    Makin' Magic was just the peak of Sims expansion packs and they were never able to recreate or create any thing that could reach that level ever again.

I think the Sims 4 really needs a Livin' Large style expansion pack to be honest. We need something that brings in a bunch of new NPCs, interests and zodiacs, neighborhoods(or rather worlds now), a bunch random events and careers and for the sims 4 specifically new traits. It would be less about new things and just an overhaul of existing features similar to what it did for the original base Sims.

Completely agree on the Makin' Magic front. They knew what we wanted back then, it'd be nice if they took a look that far back when planning new packs.

Absolutely agree with you also on your second point. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    hallsigns wrote: »
    Parenthood

I never thought of this because people always call it a watered down version of generations but I would still like those elements of gameplay in the future now that I think of it.