Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• IHateElizaPancakesIHateElizaPancakes Posts: 2 New Member
    1. hand puppets and if you have kids room stuff child sims can use them in the puppet theater thing
    2. as they gain skills they should improve
    3. loom knitting
    4. hats, gloves, socks
    5. coasters, dishrags, pot holders
    6. dresses and other clothing
    7. also there should be a class added to university and maybe a way to start a knitting club in get together
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2020
    I really want to be able to knit (and wear !!!) scarves. In general we should be able to knit clothing that only becomes available through the skill. And we really need new and different types of gloves. Also, I want to knit toys for toddlers :)
  • IHateElizaPancakesIHateElizaPancakes Posts: 2 New Member
    also, there should be ways to buy yarn on the computer and give it as a gift. sims with a high enough knitting skill level should be able to teach other sims. my grandma taught me how to knit and crochet(and i know other people had similar experiences) so it would be good for them to relate and recreate their experiences in the sims
  • Hyper_Simmer1111Hyper_Simmer1111 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it’d be cool to knit things for decoration like animals (when sims enter the room they can have a happy moodlet for decorations knitted well and a sad one for things knitted poorly or they can base moodlets of what the knitting decoration is supposed to represent so an animal would make them happy and a tragic clown would make them sad) and we can also knit things our sims can actually use like clothes, one person suggested sock puppets (we can have moodlets for these too when sims use or wear them), and they could also knit pillows to put on their bed and with it it can make the bed’s comfort level raise or lower by a certain about of points depending on how well the pillow is knitted. They can even get moodlets- a happy moodlet for a pillow knitted well and an uncomfortable one if it was knitted poorly.
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would like to see socks( I love knee high and over the knee), scarfs, beanies, sweaters, skirts, rugs, stuff toys, chair/foot stool.
    I would love to see crochet. You can have doilies and hacky sacks.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I think it’d be cool to knit things for decoration like animals (when sims enter the room they can have a happy moodlet for decorations knitted well and a sad one for things knitted poorly or they can base moodlets of what the knitting decoration is supposed to represent so an animal would make them happy and a tragic clown would make them sad) and we can also knit things our sims can actually use like clothes, one person suggested sock puppets (we can have moodlets for these too when sims use or wear them), and they could also knit pillows to put on their bed and with it it can make the bed’s comfort level raise or lower by a certain about of points depending on how well the pillow is knitted. They can even get moodlets- a happy moodlet for a pillow knitted well and an uncomfortable one if it was knitted poorly.

Please no more environment moodlets. They ruin the whole experience of emotions in TS4.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CASTALYACASTALYA Posts: 20 Member
    I like to knit blankets, scarves, mittens, hats, and sweaters. Plush toys, rugs, pot holders, wall decor and pillows (they could be used as chairs) would also be neat. Baskets and bags are also handy, hanging them up or sitting pretty much anywhere for portable storage. After all you need things to put your yarn and needles in... avoiding the tangled yarn moodlet is a real thing.
  • the_cutest_frogthe_cutest_frog Posts: 4 New Member
    blankets to go over double/single/toddler beds
    covers for couches and chairs
    onesies
    plush toys
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited January 2020
    I love this topic! I sincerely hope that we get lots of knitted crafts (since knitting seems to be the only activity) and that most of them have some sort of gameplay activity attached to them, such as the ability to unlock as well as gift these items (with associated moodlets) as well as to sell them, use them, wear them, and (if applicable) play with them. My mother is a champion knitter so I have a ton of ideas for what would make for good options in both the Build/ Buy Catalogue and in CAS.

For CAS (only unlockable of course!), I would love to see -- for all ages:

Cardigans
    Christmas sweaters (with both ugly and attractive states)
    Pullovers or turtlenecks
    Burberry or Fair Isle Patterned Sweaters
    tube dresses or children's dresses
    Toques
    Hats with pom-poms on top
    baby bonnets
    onesies and sleepers (for toddlers -- and for babies, if babies were free and dressable)
    animal hats for toddlers and kids
    Stocking hats
    knitted berets or tams
    patterned gloves
    fingerless gloves
    thumbless mittens (for babies)
    patterned mittens (all ages)
    scarves
    shawls
    socks
    slippers
    booties (for babies and toddlers)
    knitted chokers and bracelets (for very low level knitters and children to make, obviously, but still giftable and wearable)
    Pet sweaters would be nice too.

Useable Build Buy

Throw blankets or afghans (Sims could snuggle up in them while watching TV or movies)
    Baby blankets to swaddle babies in (if they are ever freed), or to be the special "blankie" of a toddler
    Knitted poufs (useable both as comfort/ seating and as surfaces)
    Playable toys, dolls and stuffed animals (and it would be great if we could get new animations and moodlets associated with them as kids played with and snuggled them) -- under the category of playable toys:
    -new stuffed bears, rabbits, dolls etc that kids and toddlers could cuddle, play with and sleep with (all of which could give a special
    moodlet and maybe even a relationship boost if made with love as a gift). My mother made the cutest little knitted pigs, bees, monkeys,
    elephants, dinosaurs, sheep (with fluffy wool), dragons and other unusual animals for small children to play with so I hope we get a few
    unique ones and not just teddies. A knitted llama and freezer bunny might be nice and I love the idea of having a few Voidcritters in knitted form (maybe the cute ones) --and make them mid-sized, please, like the TS2 and 3 teddies.
    -Flip dolls (also known as topsy-turvy dolls, such as those designed by Sarah Keen or Jean Greenhowe) -- my mother made a ton of these
    and gave them away as gifts. Her Red-riding hood/Grandmother/ Wolf doll and Poor Cinderella (in a patched dress)/ Fancy Cinderella (in a
    ballgown with a fan) were especially popular. She's also taken to making Frozen dolls, from the first movie, like Elsa and Anna in their
    respective outfits/ costumes lately.
    -hand puppets (useable in the puppet theatre, with perhaps a new play and new animations to go with them).
    -finger puppets
    - clown dolls (I love the idea of a fail state version that gives kids and toddlers bad moodlets and that occasionally causes mischief)
    -Christmas ornaments (my mother made us all tiny knitted snowmen and snow-women, with Victorian caps and hats, which I still hang on
    my tree), as well as bigger versions, along with knitted santas and angels with tinsel halos. There could also be knitted stockings, knitted and starched snowflakes, round baubles,
    ornaments and garlands -- these could all have special moodlets associated with them too.

Knitted Decor (non useable items, but hopefully still accompanied by moodlets)

bed blankets
    couch throws or afghans for display
    piano seat covers
    wall hangings
    macrame plant holders for hanging plants
    knitted potholders and oven mitts for display in kitchens
    tea cosies
    mug cosies
    plant-pot holders
    tea or hand-towels
    doilies and lace tableclothes
    cushions, cushion covers, slip covers

It would be nice if most objects and clothing would give a moodlet depending on their quality etc. It would also be nice if Sims got a calming/ or mood boosting moodlet while knitting. Certain special objects, made by high level or very skilled knitters, could even have the option of influencing emotions (like the paintings): a really well made toy could have a Playful effect, a beautiful blanket, wall hanging or cardigan could grant an inspirational boost. Meanwhile, ugly or poorly-made things could make sims uncomfortable, tense or embarrassed (if wearing). Perhaps this could even be dependent on traits: creative sims could be made happy or inspired by well-made objects or clothing, slobs wouldn't care if wearing something ugly, snobs and self-absorbed sims could be mortified by being gifted (or wearing) an ugly sweater. Toddlers could be made angry or sad, while kids could be made tense or uncomfortable with an ugly or poorly-made toy or hat. However, a beautifully-made gift from a beloved parent or grandparent could give long-lasting positive mood boosts and maybe even skill gain in Imagination or creativity (with toys). There are lots of possibilities here, with a well made system.

Can we also please have yarn balls for cats and toddlers to play with and mess up? That would be so fun.

• simlifeofjaaaassimlifeofjaaaas Posts: 1 New Member
    -throw blankets/pillows
    -teddy bears
    -clothes and accessories (hats, scarves, gloves, socks) for all ages
    -booties and onesies for babies
    -clothing for pets
    -pot holders/oven mitts
  • emily1100emily1100 Posts: 3 New Member
    How awesome would it be if sims could knit blankets, and then cover up with them while they watch tv or drink coffee or read a book? Like, if the blanket is in their inventory, it could be used the same way a book is used. And then they could get a moodlet that they’re relaxed. Especially when they’re tensed or sad.

Could they also have an online company?? With all the new work from home jobs, I think it would be AWESOME if they could start an online company and send out orders, or at least add it to the freelance career. I just think it would be so cool, and it would really pay tribute to small business owners and people that do this for a living from their home.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Just a note: While I know pot holders and lace are possible with knit, a lot of the examples shown in images within this thread are crochet - especially the darn doilies. Some of the blankets are too (I've seen a lot of granny squares, which I'm pretty sure are a just crochet thing.)

Now, I, personally, would like to use this as an opportunity to plug crochet as a secondary gameplay feature (the animation could even be almost identical, just with one hook instead of two needles) if at all possible. Because I'd rather have that (and possibly a delay on getting the pack) than have someone nitpick that a given design chosen isn't actually a knitting design which therefore "ruins" the pack.
  • BiancamdBiancamd Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd love to see some tiny little knitted plushies, amigurumi style, to use as decorations.

Blankets, sweaters and slippers are always welcome too :)
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would like to be able to knit CAS-items and BUY-items. These items should be usable by the sims.

I want devs to focus on stuff we don’t have so much of already.

Some suggestions:

BUY-items:
    1. Pufs.
    2. Pillows.
    3. Wall hanging art (macrame).
    4. Yarn wrapped furnitures (like in the granny chick pack).
    5. Hanging plants (macrame).
    6. Blanckets and throws (for beds, sofas and chairs).
    7. Baskets

CAS-items:
    2. Leg warmers
    3. Oversized dresses / sweathers
    4. Hats and gloves
    5. Chunky socks

• KaseyandsimsKaseyandsims Posts: 37 Member
    > @valepaz22 said:
    > Maybe is impossible but it would be cool if they could knit sweaters and that they appear on CAS once they're finished, like festival outfits. I would also like to see scarfs and knitted toys.

toy Llamas!!!
  • KitanainbleKitanainble Posts: 1 New Member
    I think throws, hats, sweaters and scarves would be great!!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    katbies wrote: »
    My grandma knitted all of her grandkids a teddy bear and I think that would be really cute. Also knitting blankets if possible but only if functional.

This is important. I want functional blankets that keep sims warm in cold weather. In fact, all wearable knitted items should warm sims up for everyone who has Seasons.
  • SatiSimSatiSim Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to be able to knit carpets, wall hangings and tablecloths! And please give us that yarn and textiles in the debug 💙
  • ConfusedSubConfusedSub Posts: 8 New Member
    I thought it would be cool to finally have blankets in the sims, and sometimes if a sim has a blanket in their inventory they can sleep on top of the comforter instead of sleeping with them, there could also be something like snuggies, and maybe socks or gloves would be cool.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Please no more environment moodlets. They ruin the whole experience of emotions in TS4.

You can usually turn off and on emotional buffs that originate from furniture/objects.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    katbies wrote: »
    My grandma knitted all of her grandkids a teddy bear and I think that would be really cute. Also knitting blankets if possible but only if functional.

This is important. I want functional blankets that keep sims warm in cold weather. In fact, all wearable knitted items should warm sims up for everyone who has Seasons.

That would be interesting but then, they'd also die from overheating in the summer while wearing knitted things.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaduMcFadu80KaduMcFadu80 Posts: 57 Member
    Scarves, gloves, vests, sweaters, hats for all ages. It would be cool to pick and choose yarn colors and knitting patterns as well.
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Hey party people,

We’re really excited that Knitting was the winning theme that was voted on by the community! Now it’s time to start thinking about what you actually want to knit! What kind of things do you expect your Sim to be able to sit down and create? What are your expectations? What would you like to see?

For example, as a kid I fondly remember how my Great Auntie would always knit me & my siblings holiday slippers. Each and every year we would get a new pair. Mine were always blue. Even though she passed away many years ago, this is something that I will associate to her forever and in fact I still have the very last pair of slippers she ever made for me.

So please let us know what is important about knitting to YOU and the kinds of clothing and/or objects you’d want to create with it! This collaborative exercise will greatly help to determine some of the possible options to include in the upcoming asset votes.

Thank you so much for your time and interest and let’s collectively make this the best stuff pack yet!

-SimGuruNinja

I would love the ability to knit slippers, chunky knit blankets for our beds and as an outfit (with a tank top and leggings underneath), and more from the link below. Also, ugly (Christmas) sweaters...

https://www.diys.com/beginner-knitting-projects/
    #1, #3 (unlocks new hairstyle), #8, #10 ( <3 the hat with ears for toddlers), #15 (different stuffed animals) and #24 which could be a new collar for cats/dogs.
  • EcheveriaEcheveria Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to see plushies, scarves, blankets, pet sweaters, table clothes or some sort of cozy centerpiece item, socks, stockings for the mantle, and maybe even small rugs. I know that's a tall order, but I love the idea of knitting in the sims and want to be able to make a decent selection of items. I'd also like to see some decorative items like a pile of folded crocheted blankets that would look good stacked in a corner, and a bunch of curio and clutter items.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top