Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• alex2727alex2727 Posts: 2 New Member
    it would be awesime to get imaginary freinds back , and blankets and tablecloths for the the dinner tables and the conner tables
  • alex2727alex2727 Posts: 2 New Member
    also carpets
  • Carelle_MCarelle_M Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be cool to knit scarfs, mittens, blankets, cute decor, and sweaters for all ages and possibly pets. I want to open a shop called striped sweaters and only sell knitted sweaters.
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    I would like my sims to knit sweaters, socks, scarfs, hats, bedspreads and throw blankets and pillows for sofa. Also i would like to say that as a knitter myself i have voted for knitting. However i can't help feeling a bit dissapointed that the pack seems limited to only knitting. In the pack that was chosen the first round there were so much more possibilities mentioned. Why can't we have a pack that is devoted to all these crafts mentionend in the survey?
  • RachelReeseRachelReese Posts: 1 New Member
    Knitting blankets that can actually be put on beds would be amazing! Also I would love if cats could play with balls of yarn, and possibly even unravel them. Making pillows that can be placed on chairs/sofas/beds would also be cool. Functional toys for our sims like teddy bears or stuffed void critters would be cute, and the kids need more content! Maybe with a high enough skill they could knit those giant stuffed animals like we already have in the game? I saw someone else say imaginary friends and I think that would be pretty cool. Table runners would be cute, my grandma sews those a lot and we have so many at my house and my mom changes them out all the time. Anyway I really just want my cats to be able to unravel all my yarn and cause trouble for my sim. OH ALSO MITTENS we need more of those in the game.
  • momahl114momahl114 Posts: 14 New Member
    My family always gave blankets. One for your marriage (at the bridal shower), they’d make it the colors of your wedding. One for a newborn baby. One for a new home.

Then yesterday I was watching a simmer’s twitch stream and someone said they were making a cowl. I had to google it but they’re beautiful!!

As far as clothing goes, have you ever seen the baby hats with beards knitted on? So cute but sadly sim babies haven’t been freed. ☹️ I wish for a magical freeing babies blankie.
  • cute_kizziecute_kizzie Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love it if we were able to make Blankets or Throws but then actually be able to use them, placing them on the end of beds or on the lounge in a stylish way. All styles of blankets from small knitting to the big chunky wool blankets, perfect for snuggling on the lounge. 🤞🏻
  • Beanbag141Beanbag141 Posts: 1 New Member
    SCARVES, mittens, sweaters, blankets, and wall decorations or something!
  • dragonamazondragonamazon Posts: 2 New Member
    WARNING: LONG POST

Alright I'm going to echo some people here, as I'm going to try to read most of the thread and write down what I think is feasible in the scope of a Stuff Pack. Also I know not everything will be able to be included, but I thought I'd make a list of everything I'd like anyway! As a warning, though, I really do mean *everything* I'd like haha

1- CAS Items
    It's obvious a lot of people want those. I imagine they would be unlocked through one of the family members actually completing that sweater. I'm not sure if it's possible to unlock it just for that specific Sim, but that would be quite cool for storytelling reasons, and would add a degree of difficulty as multiple items would have to be crafted for each Sim to be able to wear, say, a sweater. This could also go for swatches of the item. As a counterpoint to that it could also get boring quickly to have to craft multiples for everyone, but I do still think that not unlocking all the possible swatches at once would be cool.

The way this could work: a Sim puts the sweater in their inventory, then click to wear it or "put it away"/put it in their closet. Either way it goes to CAS, it just determines whether or not they'll wear it right then and there.

As for what items are possible, here's some in no particular order:
    - Mittens
    - Gloves (fingerless and fingerfull haha)
    - Scarves and Infinity Scarves
    - Beanies
    - Sweaters, Jumpers, Cardigans
    - Maybe an Accessory Cardigan?
    - Ponchos
    - Varied cozy hats
    - Fluffy socks
    - Arm and Leg Warmers
    - Those hand warmers that have a thumb hole
    - Bracelets! (friendhsip bracelets too!)
    - Booties for babies!
    - Chokers (we need more chokers and especially more subtle ones!)
    - Pet clothes?
    - Slippers!
    - A beanie with cat ears!
    - A cape made from a child's blankie (could also be an interactable inventory item instead)
    - Onesie pajamas?
    - Toddler dresses

2- Inventory Items
    Here's where some gameplay could come in! For example I think add-on scarves or something similar could be used here for a "Cozy" moodlet. They'd be added to the inventory, and if Seasons is installed and it's chilly out, they'll get the a happy "Cozy" moodlet. If it's summer, on the other hand, Sims will overheat quicker. Add-on items could be Scarves, mittens, arm and leg warmers and fluffy socks. I think giving them exclusive moodlets would be cool!

I know autism isn't a thing in the franchise, but it would be nice if maybe those stimming hats with the long flaps or something used for stimming could be made? For storytelling purposes! I understand if it's not possible, of course, and it doesn't need to be obvious that it's for stimming and autistic behavior, but suggesting won't hurt. Also no I am not in the spectrum, but I always did find those hats fun!

Also regular toys for kids! I'll into special toys in the next section, but other simpler toys for Sims with lower knitting skill would be nice! A couple of people also suggested hand puppets, and I'm all for it! They could be used by both children and adults, especially if they have the Insane or Childish trait!

Dangerous area here, also, but perhaps cat and dog toys?

And @sweetlilja suggested a knitted spellcaster wand which is just... Chef's kiss. Love that

3- Children In General
    One thing that Sims 4 has a problem with is the lack of children's content. I love playing families, but the repetitive gameplay loop has tired me out by now. I'm sorry for putting criticism in here, but I really am saddened that family gameplay has been ignored like it has, and that it was ruled out as not being very popular amongst players, ignoring factors like lack of brand new content for years and the late addition of toddlers. I don't know if it's been said enough that children as a life stage needs more content ASAP, but I would like to add my voice to the request.

With that in mind, please, *please* let children knit. They could be taught by an adult (which gives it a boost) or learn it themselves, and if Parenthood is installed it could give the caretaker Parenting skill. Also, from what I remember, children suck at musical instruments all the way through mastering the Creativity skill, but I think it would be kinda sucky to have your kid produce subpar crafts for such a long time like that. I think knitting could boost one of the kiddy skills, but if there is a way to let them craft quality items as their skill goes up, be it making knitting a separate skill or making it a hidden skill for kids, or whatever you guys prefer, I would prefer that if possible!

Kids could make or be given a "teddy bear type" toy. It would be an inventory item and, while in there, it would let kids snuggle them while they sleep, play with them at will, and it could have a relationship meter. Now, don't worry! I'm not going to ask for an Imaginary Friend like TS3 had. I know this isn't the pack to ask for this, even though I loved that mechanic (wink wink). But, and here's the kicker, the relationship meter would mean that, once they become a young adult they could look back at that old toy and have a happy "Cozy Feelings" moddlet if the relationship is high enough! Also, as a kid or teen, and if Parenthood is installed, in their rebellious phase they could want to thrash the toy. This could also be possible with the Mean trait or while in an Angry mood. This would lead to two moodlets, one sad "What Have I Done" one, or a happy "Yeah! Take That!" one. It could be random or related to that relationship meter. Either way, if they have high enough knitting skill they could knit it back to health or they could click the destroyed pile and ask someone else with high enough skill to fix it.

The toys could have various skins or models (idk if y'all would be able to make several different 3d models for this but that'd be neat). My suggestions are at least a few Voidcritters, classic Teddies, dog and cat, a unicorn, a dragon. Yes, I know all of this is a lot, but it doesn't hurt to suggest it and they are in my personal What Would Be Coolest order. Also-- Sims with lower Knitting skill could also make a "teddy bear type" toy be a simple Blankie instead.

Also-- @LiELF mentioned a creepy doll and I couldn't be more behind that! Goths, vampires and other creatures of the night deserve appropriate teddies too! And I do love the idea of giving off a Tense moodlet and making kids cry if you go near it, unless you're an appropriate Occult like a vampire. That'd be grand!

4- Decorative Items
    Now this is easiest to lay out since they would just Be There. But allow me to suggest a possible gameplay feature!

The one I think would be coolest would be that, if you add a pillow or a blanket to a couch, armchair or bed, the Comfort number of the item would go up. It would add a percentage of comfort related to the, say, pillow's own Comfort number. So you have a couch with "Comfort: 3". You add a comforter or whatever to it which also has "Comfort: 3" to it. The couch's number shouldn't go to a 6, but it should go up to, say, a 4. I'm no good at math, but I think something like this would be great for households with lower income and uncomfortable furniture!

As for decorative or butt-rest item, here's a list in no particular order:

- Bed scarf
    - Comforter
    - Pillows and cushions
    - A sweater that came out weird, like with no head hole
    - A basket
    - A rug
    - Mug warmers! They either appear on inventory with no mug or can be placed through the household inventory
    - Knitted plant hangers. Same idea as the mug when it comes to how it shows up in either inventory.
    - A puff
    - Sculptures?
    - Tablecloth
    - Pillow covers (basically add a skin to existing pillows on furniture)
    - Knitted flowers
    - Decorative bags
    - Curtains!
    - A knitted gnome

5- Misc.
    - Odd Jobs! Maybe there could be a few that asked for a knit childhood toy to be fixed. Or a shirt or rug or something.

- I saw someone mention the "sweater curse", where if you knit a partner a sweater at the beginning of a relationship, they'll leave you before you can complete it, and i think it could be fun to have something like that! Like a random event or something.

- Donating your knits!! Good reputation is gained if Get Famous is installed, Empathy is gained if Parenthood is installed, and overall a happy moodlet is gained!

- Maybe we could put socks on top of fireplaces for Winterfest!

- Making a knitting store if Get To Work is installed could be possible, maybe?

- Maybe you guys could give that big ol' bear that's the size of a child one of a couple of "knit" skins that are only unlockable via the knitting skill?

- Knitting being used as a way to calm a Tense moodlet, and if you have Parenthood installed kids and teens could use it to gain Emotional Control!

- @darrenfroggy mentioned yarn bombing, and while I do like that idea for things like lamp posts and columns, yarn bombing trees is very harmful for them. Aside from that, though, I'm all for it!

- Some way for pets to interact with knitted stuff would be grand!! Like cats unrolling balls of yarn, or dogs playing using balls as toys!

Wow! This was a long post. I'll admit it did take me like two hours to read through the thread and write this whole thing down. I hope I wasn't overstepping with my huge post and that I could contribute with good ideas! Again, I do know I'm asking for a lot, and I know not everything would even make it, but I thought I'd put it all out anyway in case it gives you guys cool ideas for this or other packs! Either way thank you for reading this far and for another community pack!
  • MimzyPlaysMimzyPlays Posts: 1 New Member
    My sister knits clothes for babies and toddlers, it would be cool to somehow link the paint from reference and have a knit from reference where in game you can make your own knitted patterns with the camera, marking personalised jumpers, etc with sims faces on, flowers etc.

Also be able to knit names/letters/numbers/symbols on jumpers etc so your sim gift the knitted things that are personalised. Maybe be able to sell the knitted things in a shop/market stall.
  • GigiSchillerGigiSchiller Posts: 6 New Member
    As someone who only builds, I would love some clutter (yarn balls, needles, sewing kit). By "some" I mean "A LOT." We need a pack that has A LOT of clutter.
  • emokitten2768emokitten2768 Posts: 29 Member
    knitting ideas : bear or stuffed animals, sweaters, blankets to hang on a wall as decor, any decor to put on tables and walls, clothing
  • DesignerMaeDesignerMae Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the ability to knit blankets that could be places over bedding would be really cool. Ideally I would want to be able to knit everything and anything. Just a gameplay idea, the ability to knit and multi-task. It would be funny if there’s a chance while watching TV, your sim would accidentally make their scarf project into a blanket because they were distracted. That’s far fetched but I thought I would throw it out there. Also the ability to purchase yarn from the computer. Love to see how this pack will be integrated with all the existing gameplay.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I think other yarn craft should be included - the animations for crochet should similar to knitting. I would also like to see macrame and looms (knitting or weaving)
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    I think that it would be great to be able to use the new knitting skill to create custom stuffed animal and little boy and little girl dolls.
  • LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    Maybe we could knit 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wear, fortuneteller scarves and ancient quilts passed down the generations ... can we knit a cover for the fortune telling table? You know .. the one we are getting with the knitting pack ;) ... lol! Okey, I had to take a chance. No one is falling for that, right? Team Happy Haunts snuck in here, just to tease a little :D . I loved all the suggestions! Cute thread! Please don’t @ me!
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • Tellie86Tellie86 Posts: 36 Member
    I used to love when my grandma would knit me stuffed animals and hats💓
  • cassie_c95cassie_c95 Posts: 1 New Member
    The small knitted animals that were featured in the concept art photos are something I would definitely want to be able to knit in the game! (I really thought the little octopus ones from DIY delight were super cute!)

My top 5:
    - toy animals
    - blankets
    - pillows
    - pot holders, placemats, etc.
    - clothing (scarves, hats, mittens, sweaters)
  • BeeMooBeeMoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I just hope we will be able to sell the knitting.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member

So many things can be done with knitting and macrame tissue holder, doll dresses, ornaments, scarves, mittens, hats, sweaters, footie jammies, aprons, slippers clothing is for all ages. This is hopefully your opportunity to possibly give us pillows and throw blankets that can be placed on couches, beds, chairs and floor. Also a knitted and or macramed basinet cover! Please don't skip macrame on this, I'm begging from deep down inside my soul. I would love for my Sim to be able to macrame wall, window, door art and hanging plants and macramed pillows.

Here are a ton of examples.

Afghans in different styles that can be wrapped around a Sim, thrown over a chair, couch or even the end of a bed...
    slip-stitch-afghan_ExtraLarge1000_ID-830883.jpg?v=830883
    nader-tweed-knitted-design-throw.jpg
    Chunky-knit-blanket_ce0e9306-9fc3-456b-9e6f-910a63e39d18_800x.jpg?v=1527283497

Afghans can even be put on ladders~!
    moroccan-pom-pom-blanket-sizes-available-x-moroccan-pom-pom-blanket-etsy.jpg

Stuffed animals can be fun and colorful and not limited to just kids
    womans_weekly_cuddly_rainbow_toys11.jpg

Puppets finger and sock kinds.
    https://live.staticflickr.com/1453/24623767065_e9004c2cbd_b.jpg24623767065_e9004c2cbd_b.jpg

Eh hem bock, I mean chicken pot holders...
    819Q9af0smL._SY500_.jpg

Doilie mania!
    Runner doilies
    91P7-O6BJcL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Place mat doilies
    il_570xN.1644372338_mqpq.jpg

Table cloth doilies
    953421-1.jpg

Dream big with pillows! It would be awesome to be able to place the pillows made by our Sims on furniture such as couch, chair, bed and the floor.
    clarkston-moroccan-wedding-blanket-fringe-cotton-throw-pillow.jpg
    8g2q0v-l-610x610-home+accessory-multimatecollection-pillow-throw+pillows-indian+pillow-knitted+pillow-decorative+cushions.jpg
    11-oversized-cable-knit-pillows-and-faux-fur-for-maximal-comfort.jpg

Knitted couch and chair covers but it doesn't have to stop there we can make knitted furniture!
    knitted-furniture-covers-decorative-accessories-12.jpg
    il_340x270.2135008752_5zkc.jpg?version=0
    4836_84_12390_prf.jpg

Back to knitted furniture... How about some hanging bassinets that are either knitted or macrame??? I think a ton of us would love to have this option as babies need more baby things and bassinets are a huge thing.
    hangingbassinet1.jpg
    de787a1db1352538b89c128f4994cd29.png
    81d33232ca1a7a1aef8b282502df6c88.jpg

Don't forget bassinet blankets!
    https://ii.herrschners.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/herrschners/source/products/932012.tif&wid=480=&cvt=jpeg

Styles of knitted rugs is endless so here is one style...
    maui-rug.jpg

Some more amazingly awesome ideas for knitting and macrame!
    51maK2NQvqL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    product-image-973441350_1200x1200.jpg?v=1571710623
    rBVaV1zZgQKAI7jTAATUfA8ijdQ020.jpg
    original_shaggy-wool-hand-knitted-wall-hanging.jpg
    Mandala-Macrame-Woven-Wall-Tapestry-Handmade-Knitting-Banner-Tapisserie-Crafts-Home-Dorm-Bohemian-Wall-Hanging-Decoration.jpg
    f4094bf5-e7c7-474b-b606-239233ce06ac_1.ffee11c304bf94f22e4c66cfbf9b63fe.jpeg?odnWidth=450&odnHeight=450&odnBg=ffffff
    macrame-country-scene-knitted-wall-hanging-signed_0.jpg

Window and door curtains
    IMG_4765.jpg
    51QTGO4h6NL._SX425_.jpg
    71sBp84zdyL._AC_SX522_.jpg

• babygirlrhodesbabygirlrhodes Posts: 366 Member
    i would like to knit clothing( expectantly when my sim is old and use what she/he knit as presents for winter feast), blankets, and maybe knit some hanging art.
    short, black, & chubby.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Not sure if this has been mention but it would be nice if our sims could knit like mini flower baskets with say random plants in them like a mini cow plant and such!
  • EmmaxxxEmmaxxx Posts: 1 New Member
    Definitely blanket and cushions/pillows
  • WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    Blankets would be really cool! I love the look of knitted pillow cases too. Besides them, I would like to see MITTENS, rugs, scarfs and sweaters. Also some kind of toy for kids and toddlers.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    I’d like for them to be able to knit blankets, sweaters (for sims and pets), hats, scarves, socks.....
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top