March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I would love to see little teddies and animal knitted plushes for kids, also things for the house: blankets, oven mitts and pot holders.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I definitely want sims to knit a small stuffed teddy bear that kids could play with and carry around the house (like in the sims 2 and 3).
    Other than that I agree with what others have said. Pillows, blankets, clothes (for all ages please).
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    toys for kids and hats
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • VaetaVaeta Posts: 2 New Member
    I know I have already posted and this thread is specifically for knitting, but please don't forget other arts and craft activities.
    Needle Point Embroidery
    Cross Stitching
    Crochet
    Quilting
    Pipe Cleaner Crafts (for kids)
    Popsicle Crafts (for kids)
    Jewelry Making
    Bead Art (can be for kids+)
    Metal/Leather/Wood Working
    So many different art/drawing/painting styles including Calligraphy
    Sewing
    Paper Folding
    Card Making
    Clay Sculpting/Pottery
    Scrapbooking
    Please I implore the Sims 4 team to not forget other forms of art while working on this pack.
    Thank you for your time.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I'd like to see knit hats of all sorts, gloves and mittens, cardigans, SWEATERS FOR SURE, small dolls.

While I'd like scarves, I'm not exactly sure how they could be standalone items in CAS. What would they be, necklaces?
  • lazyliesie_93lazyliesie_93 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="SimGuruNinja;d-971040"]Hey party people,

We’re really excited that Knitting was the winning theme that was voted on by the community! Now it’s time to start thinking about what you actually want to knit! What kind of things do you expect your Sim to be able to sit down and create? What are your expectations? What would you like to see?

For example, as a kid I fondly remember how my Great Auntie would always knit me & my siblings holiday slippers. Each and every year we would get a new pair. Mine were always blue. Even though she passed away many years ago, this is something that I will associate to her forever and in fact I still have the very last pair of slippers she ever made for me.

So please let us know what is important about knitting to YOU and the kinds of clothing and/or objects you’d want to create with it! This collaborative exercise will greatly help to determine some of the possible options to include in the upcoming asset votes.

Thank you so much for your time and interest and let’s collectively make this the best stuff pack yet!

-SimGuruNinja[/quote]
  • lazyliesie_93lazyliesie_93 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love that everyone is wanting to be able to create sweaters and scarves and that’s GREAT! But, I think it would be amazing if we could ALSO ;) be able to knit pillows and maybe even blankets/throws for couches, chairs and possibly beds. Maybe sims could even knit pouffs and small rugs or tapestry. However, even just being able to add pillows and blankets as decor could be great all by itself. I miss that type of decor, especially not being able to use cc on console. Either way, this is a pack that I can’t wait to get my hands on and I think this could be perfect for Tiny Living. Super excited!
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited January 2020
    You all are absolutely amazing! This is great. Awesome thread full of ideas. @SimGuruSarah has been a busy bee scouring through each post and logging down your various suggestions in a gigantic, uber list that we're surfacing to our artists and designers. Some of these ideas are going to work their way into the next rounds of voting and same may not be surfaced in voting, but still find their way into the end product. Obviously, we won't be able to support everything, but you folks are giving us a lot to work with.

SO THANK YOU!

Please feel encouraged to continue logging your ideas and suggestions here and we will continue to monitor and log 'em! Love this community!

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2020
    Maybe our sim could knit the stuff they place on the table when we arrange it.

I also adore the idea of the socket puppet + socket puppet interaction hehe

Maybe you could separate beds/bed sheets and let us choose the bed sheets, then you could include a bunch of new knitted designs that we could unlock through the knitting skill.

Also, imaginary friends... It would be awesome if we could knit different designs besides the scary ugly one from sims 3 (don't delete this design, it was scary, but it has a special place in my heart haha just make it optional to change the design).
  • Dizzy_simmer86Dizzy_simmer86 Posts: 4 New Member
    Scarves, ear flap hats, gloves, maybe a stuffed animal for toddlers/kids, I always make this stuff for my nephews maybe also knitted ugg boots that be fun
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bed or sofa throws/blankets! I love CAS but love items that really give a personal touch to Sim houses more than anything.

Also I can’t. stop. using. throw pillow CC. It would be fun if Sims could craft these on their own!
  • Dizzy_simmer86Dizzy_simmer86 Posts: 4 New Member
    I forgot to mention ear warmer headband
  • SireninthenightSireninthenight Posts: 1 New Member
    Hats, scarves, gloves/mittens, blankets/pillows, toys, jumpers/sweaters

Moodlets that give “cosy” or “itchy” depending on the quality.

Ability to gift sims blankets, hats etc. Would be great, would love for my elder sims to gift their grandchildren knitted goods. Further to that, a moodlet associated to the item when it’s been gifted to a sim could be “embarrassed” (if it’s low quality/child sim wearing knitwear gifted by relative) or even “feeling loved/nostalgic” for older sims to treasure knitted gifts. I think an emotional association to the knitted items in this pack would be a really great way to further improve Elders place in a sims family.

From other comments it seems a common experience with knitted items is the sentimental meaning behind it, which I think would be a great thing to capture for Sims.
  • Redalpha23simsRedalpha23sims Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to see my sims knit:
    - Toys, such as stuffed animals and/or dolls for children.
    - knitted headbands
    - knitting patterns for objects, such as plants
    - knitted decorations
  • tallulahkaytallulahkay Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love for expectant parents or grandparents to be able to knit a baby blanket that a sim can have and keep all the way into adulthood. Maybe kids get the Monster under the bed scenario less and sleep better with it and maybe they can carry it around as an adult and get a comforted moodlet when it’s in their inventory.

Also mittens, hats, scarves, toys and slippers. I think it would be cool if when a sim gets a homemade item you could choose whether they like wearing it or not.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm reposting every idea I had suggested in the other thread.
    Knitted baby hats would be so cute.
    eb493c5f7cdce4ff7ddae9ed52bc5a1a.jpg

And baby blankets.
    3706f3ad61d2ba313257cf561403ca74.jpg
    Some options that are simple and adorable for many ages.
    bf1ed8fe65db113fc020366a04a1e85d.jpg
    But even more, I think the CAS for toddlers in this pack should really make sure they take full advantage of super cute designs.
    ff19ddbeb7cca1973d5838dec8b58b4a.jpg
    A full knitted dress.
    6851413cef1bf8ab0a99bd1e57a9057a.jpg

Also, since I hadn't done it yet, I'll post some things I'd like kids to be able to knit. I assume they'll be limited to tiny things, so I tried to find some simple things I could see being added for kids to make.
    270d39690f23094913cdfc1803c87ab3.jpg
    71cddd059800778a4e8dbd438e102fb8.jpg
    FInger-Knitting-ANimals-900x1349.jpg
    Finger-Knit-Butterflies-900x600.jpg
    5bd2f79dfa8d2013b0aad28efadfc31e.jpg

I think a super cute family activity would be a older sim being able to knit a stuffed animal, and a child being able to knit a piece of clothing, like a tiny sweater, for the toy.
    a2f370cd90512c3618fdefe2627c3d84.jpg
    Knitted baby/toddler accessories.
    599f129c9892e043e79af314e82bfb1e.jpg
    9d8b5447881ec44c298dc098c3c207e9.jpg
    d81e5bbb4931eaeb8f8ba400748c8138.jpg

Knitted hoodies.
    66f448deed4d941b35783d12387f9cd6.jpg
    910b41bfd039e03e4dba8c3ba86b56bd.jpg
    5b69a2cca9588224484af414d76b86db.jpg
    Appearntly this is also a hoodie. It didn't look this way from the picture at first. I was going to submit it to suggest being able to knit matching sweater and hat sets.
    445b88a0ab8984828ce110eba5296fb8.jpg

More cute clothes.
    597a1f7b27ed9dcd52a3adc052e8efc6.jpg
    c2c495e8ef86a2754a3a674d9063698a.jpg
    25798a18a32d95a0bf6add73e38d40dd.jpg

A knitted sweater to go over a dress.
    8cda637b4a2657e67edb72eb363e9610.jpg
    017d39078a369506e4470b268c3f30bf.jpg

Hats. I don't think we've gotten toddler hats like this since the ones from their initial base game patch. (Also they'd be cute for babies cough)
    7826f2feaef59438587662e0a6b72a99.jpg
    150c42cd729d701aa06baa0f033a818d.jpg

I think it would be cute if we could specifically knit clothes for twins and triplets. So the sim would sit down to knit and create 2 or 3 of the same outfit, but in different colors.
    9886124de794053e92ab313f8824accf.jpg
    45cd335f0d1ea8b7010f1d37dcf580bc.jpg

These are main just to give examples of cool patterns I'd like to see. (Not that I'd oppose baby blankets and clothes for stuffed animals)
    13f9ddb69b5360cb16ad004f7ec40894.jpg
    d866bdc7abc4d3c84f703ea44808d962.jpg
  • gardenlobstergardenlobster Posts: 16 Member
    Remember those knitted stuffed monkey toys? My great grandma knitted them by hand for her great grandkids. They don't look as "good" as the store-bought ones, but I fondly remember my Mr. Monk. Maybe we can get some knitted toys/dolls that toddlers/kids can actually play with? At that, I would think some sewing skill would be needed to make certain items. And couch doilies and pillows would be SO CUTE in an elder's home.

I also agree with the comments that say moodlets should come with the items if they're clothing, and they should give better moodlets the higher quality they are. Someone said how you feel about handmade items is the most memorable part about them and that's so true.
  • leeaaaaxxleeaaaaxx Posts: 1 New Member
    blankets and pillows to place on beds and couches, scarfs, little dolls or teddy bears (maybe even clothing) and pot holders would be lovely 🥰
  • MichessiahMichessiah Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to see quilts in the game. My grandma used to spends hours a day just knitting quilts before she passed, (that and doing a crossword puzzle.) She also used to make scarfs, mittens, hats, booties, and other things. I don't think we need the booties for.the baby object, but it would nice to see the quilt and sweater.
  • SparkMonkeySparkMonkey Posts: 9 New Member
    My sister makes everything from toys to blankets. There's nothing that she can't knit into something neat. Headbands, scarves, mittens, hats, shawls, blankets, pot holders, all sorts of toys.
  • TMcAuley91TMcAuley91 Posts: 13 New Member
    I’d love to be able to knit Blankets that can go on beds sims can wrap up in
    Or even better blankets that once knitted can unlock new cot covers so babies can feel a bit more real and have a blanket that was made for them (let’s face it most people will have had a baby blanket that granny made for them)

And for sims to be able to knit hats, scarfs,gloves & toys that they can then use / wear once unlocked.

Also placemats - could link up with parenthood pack to give different table settings.

Decor items as well like:
    toilet roll holders - some could even have holiday theme (snowmen, Santa, easter bunny)

Tea cosies - either as decor or functional in that they could be used to go over a tea pot (kinda wish we could actually use a tea pot and if that were possible cosy could keep it fresh / hot longer)

Presents - that could be decor under a tree

Wall hangings - with different patterns that can only be unlocked in build mode once set level reaches in skill

Just a few ideas I’ve had.
  • PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    I love the art of knitting. There's a lot of extremely creative things you can do with knitting- not just sweaters and scarves.

You can knit plant holders or cozies for your planters. I think these things would look really neat in game!

il_794xN.1866898384_m94l.jpg
    plant-cozy-set.jpg

You can do lawn chairs

lace-chair-back.jpg

Chinese lanterns

chinese-lanterns.jpg

Rugs
    beach-house-rug.jpg

Cushions for chairs.

Poufs that can be sat on.

f09ee64c011dca7d4b7531f6b50e9676.jpg

Toys for toddlers, maybe the toys could help with building toddler skill?

10a8c082021e5e1d9c08df86cbf9f003.jpg

Toddler booties, hats, dresses.

You can even knit jewelry!

4f7adbc4b393f2305c4a4a30399834b8.jpg
    ff05116ddd369675006bbfcd9206d44f.jpg

With knitting you can even knit patterns that spell out words or make cute shapes, this can make some items that look youthful.

e42102f87694767ee8f1ebb0353d71fe.jpg

If it exists, there's probably a way you can knit it.

• LunarBritneyLunarBritney Posts: 41 Member
    We should be able to knit CAS items, that get unlocked only by knitting. We should maybe get a toy that looks like one of those teddy bears from The Sims 3, as a little easter egg? More toys, maybe even pillows that we can actually place on couches. We should also be able to make pet toys!! A yarn ball, so then we can see cats play around with them that'd be so cutee
  • Olive793Olive793 Posts: 6 New Member
    Items that can be used across all generations...toys, teddy bears, scarves and gloves and functional blankets that sims can put over themselves whilst on the sofa.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've been a little too busy with my own stuff, so I haven't had time to read this whole thread.

First of all, thanks for asking us, whatever art style wins. (Maybe it could blend a few influences ... for those wanting different types of knitting or styles?)

My wants are probably the same as most others. I'd definitely want to be able to knit sweaters, blankets and other warm items such as scarves or gloves. It would also be great to knit home decor. I did see someone mention pillows. I pretty much want that typical stuff.

I'd want it to be very customizable in terms of the products that we can make. I might have very different sims knitting and I'd want to be sure that they can make very different items. Yes, knitting stuffed animals would be very cute. Having multiple generations who can knit together would as well.

I'm pretty sure I would like any quirky elements that are added such as different knick knacks.

One idea I do have that may not have been mentioned is having knitted coasters or place mats for dining furniture. I'd like that.

Just give us the ability to have a lot of colors and styles for different sims and it won't feel repetitive to me.

In my own experience with knitting, I was given one blanket by a relative. I've also found cool knitted stuff when traveling, for example, in Scotland. Knitted plaids from there are often very unique and I know people who collect those. I think other cultures also have strong knitting histories, so making those styles "cool" is something that would interest me. Just don't make it all bright pink, please.

Thanks again!
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top