Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this seriously the best EA can do at this point!? ('Tiny Living' RANT)...

Comments

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2020
    Where is the most space saving item The Sims team ever created - the All-in-one-bathroom?
    And I also don't understand why bunkbeds can't be put into a SP but a Murphy bed can?!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited January 2020
    you need patience pretty sure they will eventualy add bunk beds you never know they might already be in the work and i am going to buy this new sp since most of the content is useful and smaller house even if i am a player will be useful for starting sim familys if you see it as a story point of view
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    To me, this pack is just EA saying, 'These people will buy anything we release so let's release a useless pack full of rubbish, they'll buy it and we'll get more money off them'.
    The only way to get better packs for our game is to not buy the rubbish they are ripping us off with, they'll soon start giving us quality and value for our money when we hit them in the pocket and it'll be a change from them hitting us in our pockets.
    If we keep buying and paying for the rubbish they are giving us then they will just keep giving us rubbish.. The only way to get the packs and what we want is to stop buying their stuff until they release stuff worth our money.
    This new stuff pack is an insult to all us simmers..

We are the consumers. We are not bound by a contract with EA to purchase what we know will be a shoddy product. Accepting what is offered by EA, and paying for it with hard earned cash, is telling them we will buy anything. I have not purchased three past packs and do not plan to buy this one. And if the next packs are as poorly done as the past few, my days of buying anything relating to Sims4 are over. And you are quite right in saying things need to change. The only way to bring about change in the gaming world, is to stop buying products that do not meet your expectations. We can complain and vent to one another all we want, but the only thing EA will ever pay attention to is a gradual decline in the number of sales being generated by new dlc, every time new dlc is released. EA will never drop the Sims franchise. This franchise helped put them where they are today. But we are making this the new 'normal' because we can't say no whenever a new pack comes along, and everyone is hungry for new content. Make them earn their money by producing quality content, not by reusing features over and over, or by telling us something can't be done. We don't have to accept that. I choose not to accept it as 'all they can do'. This is a huge corporation with resources we can only imagine at their disposal. And it's time for EA to put some of those resources into Sims4, because it needs a lot of help right now.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited January 2020
    doedear wrote: »
    tiny versions of objects we have in the game would've been better than just the "murphy bed stuff" pack. like a smaller cupcake machine or a telescope that doesn't take up half of a sims backyard. a murphy bed still takes up lots of space why so no bunk beds?

Great point.
    A very big missed opportunity with this pack.
    There are so many oversized objects in the game that could have been reduced in footprint.
    They also should have added spiral staircases.

I do like the style and the combo features: Bed/sofa, TV/Stereo/Books.
    I am not buying anything else until the end of the series though, so it will be a neat add to a mega purchase, with potential savings for any sales.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @doedear There is a mod available where everything that can be made in the cupcake machine is available to make with just the stove oven. It's awesome. It beats having that huge cupcake machine sitting on the back porch, or taking up all the space in a kitchen.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    So they saved Murphy Bed ( that was mostly an object for University pack ) for another pack, I guess Maxis is the new EA now since EA have been trying to redeem itself with Star Wars series.

More like the student has become the master. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Same thought :s
    4kTG3iX.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Keep in mind this pack also comes with new cas items clothes,hairs and even new glasses. Their adding turtlenecks something we need.

Turtlenecks are definitely not something I NEED.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2020
    Erja888 wrote: »
    Where is the most space saving item The Sims team ever created - the All-in-one-bathroom?
    And I also don't understand why bunkbeds can't be put into a SP but a Murphy bed can?!

Oh my goodness, YES! I miss that bathroom SO MUCH!!! When I was building my trailer in Strangerville I felt that All-in-one-bathroom's absence heavily. :'(

I like the theme of this pack, I really do. I'm excited about the combination furniture because I have really wanted something like this for a long time. I am worried that the swatches will all be pretty and won't fit into the aesthetics of the run down apartments I build, though. I do wish they were also adding micro minis of some of the larger items in the game, as other simmers have mentioned, but SimGuruNinja did say there was more, so I'll wait to bemoan the lack of other options until I have all the details.

That being said, if they had a 2 or 1 tile telescope hiding in that pack, I'm pretty sure that would have made it into the announcement trailer. Realistically, I don't expect anything like that, but I do hope to be pleasantly surprised. I liked what I saw in regard to buy/build assets and CAS, but again, for my personal play style, all of that is going to hinge heavily on whether there are scuffed up and used looking swatches hidden in those shiny exteriors.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    This is pretty dumb. I don't understand their direction at all. How many lots are there to even put a tiny house on? I'm not going to build one on like a 30x20 or larger. Honestly if I even wanted to build one at all I could have long ago. It does seem like it's all about the bed. Wish they would put a real building pack out with buildable apartments, that would actually be something we haven't been able to do yet.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm quite open to the idea. It's not something that's been added to a Sims game before. And there are plenty of benefits that go with Tiny Homes too. And most Stuff Packs don't have any new gameplay accept for one time that might go with a skill, so I see this as worth my money. Also, I'm kinda in love with the CAS and BB.

And Murphy Beds save more space than a Bunk Bed, so I think that makes more sense. Maybe Bunk Beds will come in a sequel to Kids Room Stuff or something, or better yet, a free patch.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Just noticed the trailer when sims getting crused by murphy bed, eerily similar to animation that simguruninja posted way before university pack reveals, if thats really the same animation thats really messed up that murphy bed is developed before university pack and they didnt put in university but instead in new pack after it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2020
    Exactly! Builders have been building small homes sense forever in the sims and there didn't need to stuff pack for it. You just build it and put whatever you could fit in side the home. The pack is so random and unnecessary, I can find most the items in the cc community and save myself 10 bucks. They literally found a way to cash grab off the small house challenge and turned into a stuff pack, as if the sims 4 is in desperate need of more stuff packs. This game is 5 years old...and it's still lacking core gameplay but some how has 15+ stuff packs. How?
    giphy.gif

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    As someone who prefers smaller homes anyway, I do actually like the concept of this pack.

The Murphy beds are nice I guess (not really crazy about them myself) but I totally understand the frustration that they should have been added in with Discover University. If they had done that from the beginning, then it could have opened this pack up for better space saving items, such as ladders, built in furniture or more furniture combos which I have seen mentioned a lot.

Space saving is definitely the first thing that comes to mind when I think of 'tiny living' but it looks like they haven't dived into that enough.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm quite open to the idea. It's not something that's been added to a Sims game before. And there are plenty of benefits that go with Tiny Homes too. And most Stuff Packs don't have any new gameplay accept for one time that might go with a skill, so I see this as worth my money. Also, I'm kinda in love with the CAS and BB.

And Murphy Beds save more space than a Bunk Bed, so I think that makes more sense. Maybe Bunk Beds will come in a sequel to Kids Room Stuff or something, or better yet, a free patch.

IRL Murphy beds save more space than a bunk bed. However in the sims, they will take up more space. With the bed down it will require a 2x6 footprint (folded into a 1x2). When it's up, you likely won't be able to put anything in front of it, unless you move objects but then every time you want to use the bed, you will have to pause into build mode and move it. A bunk bed would likely be a 1x3. Half the size... I like the idea of murphy beds and glad they are coming but they don't save space the way a bunk bed would. ;) I welcome another death type, as always.

I'm hoping the lack of bunk beds in this pack do mean they come in a free patch. They would have been great in Parenthood, Kid's Room, University, Strangerville... and with packs to come I'm sure. They can be pretty versatile so no need to lump with something and they could add different styles with future packs. Now with the Tiny Living theme happening, this month's patch would be wonderful but I'm not going to hold my breathe either.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    With the bed down it will require a 2x6 footprint (folded into a 1x2). When it's up, you likely won't be able to put anything in front of it, unless you move objects but then every time you want to use the bed, you will have to pause into build mode and move it.

Unless they made some build items with this pack portable, like they did with University. I wonder if the game will allow you to place things in front of the Murphy Bed and a message will simply show up that it cant be folded down when there are objects in front of it. Doesn't seem likely though, I don't think there are any objects in the game that will actually change in size.

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Keep in mind this pack also comes with new cas items clothes,hairs and even new glasses. Their adding turtlenecks something we need.

That's the basics for every stuff pack that's been in the sim..we already know clothes and some hairs will be in the sp...
    giphy.gif

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    logion wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    With the bed down it will require a 2x6 footprint (folded into a 1x2). When it's up, you likely won't be able to put anything in front of it, unless you move objects but then every time you want to use the bed, you will have to pause into build mode and move it.

Unless they made some build items with this pack portable, like they did with University. I wonder if the game will allow you to place things in front of the Murphy Bed and a message will simply show up that it cant be folded down when there are objects in front of it. Doesn't seem likely though, I don't think there are any objects in the game that will actually change in size.

A very interesting theory/solution though! I like it, so it's not likely that will happen... haha! I would be pleasently surprised if it did. It is just a stuff pack though, so we can't be expecting any wide scale game changes, but I do like where this thought is going and maybe it's something they can use in the future. It is after all, with University, halfway there. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2020

Thank you!
    What do a lot of us want? A personality overhaul, cars, free babies etc. Will they give it to us? I don't think so. Until they don't fulfill these wishes, I'm gonna complain about this game whether you like it or not! Bye.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just noticed the trailer when sims getting crused by murphy bed, eerily similar to animation that simguruninja posted way before university pack reveals, if thats really the same animation thats really messed up that murphy bed is developed before university pack and they didnt put in university but instead in new pack after it.

See? You notice this too...I am convinced they pulled from DU and slap a price tag on it..
    Actually IT IS the same animation.

edit : -smh- Y'all can't tell me this wasn't meant for DU!!!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2020

Thank you!
    What do a lot of us want? A personality overhaul, cars, free babies etc. Will they give it to us? I don't think so. Until they don't fulfill these wishes, I'm gonna complain about this game whether you like it or not! Bye.

I know right? if only having clothing items is what I want i would have already play with barbie

See? You notice this too...I am convinced they pulled from DU and slap a price tag on it..
    Actually IT IS the same animation.

edit : -smh- Y'all can't tell me this wasn't meant for DU!!!

Yes! I know they like to make everything 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and low quality packs, but this one is a whole new level.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top