Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you have voted on the art style if it had been a ranked vote?

I'm interested in how people would have voted if the Art Style vote had been a ranked vote especially as it seems that none of the options have a majority of the vote.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

How would you have voted on the art style if it had been a ranked vote? 79 votes

1st Granny Chic, 2nd DIY Delight, 3rd Cosy Craft
20%
simgirl1010luthienrisingashcrash19davina1221SweetJealousySakuske1annaliese39mintycupcakeInternal_ChaosSheriSim57Colton147147Pamtastic72happyopiListentoToppDoggSERVERFRAwhipdreamy 16 votes
1st Granny Chic, 2nd Cosy Craft, 3rd DIY Delight
20%
BreeSashaIdontrcallMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenkatka_kynclovaDragonAge_300905beachbug98ChadSims2LiELFmusteniQuillWriterMondayKaronSimAlexandriaM1ss_PlumbumSiggDiggit 16 votes
1st Cosy Craft, 2nd Granny Chic, 3rd DIY Delight
8%
helloellieeChampandGirlieEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeTaraIris94SimTresaSimmingal 7 votes
1st Cosy Craft, 2nd DIY Delight, 3rd Granny Chic
12%
Moon_Willowsmurf45blueKhrisstyneelelunicyFelicity1169Lemon405mariajane216lexus20Becka28amber_ilumire 10 votes
1st DIY Delight, 2nd Cosy Craft, 3rd Granny Chic
29%
aprilrosePlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannIsb917Anmirlabecca_xoLexington1988Sigzy05quinhobpTamakiSakura84Evilyn_1007superkyle221maiceEvie0602RememberJoyKynannerdfashionDaWaterRat_000keyEmerald811 23 votes
1st DIY Delight, 2nd Granny Chic, 3rd Cosy Craft
8%
MsMayinvisiblgirlstarcrunchVivi_WillowTreepoltergeistUncagedSongbirdPreCiious 7 votes

Comments

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Choosing between DIY and Cozy was hard, but it ultimately came down to my love for DIY's square crafting table. Now, if you put that in Cozy, it would be a no-brainer...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I was really surprised they didn't do Ranked choice. Especially with so few options... I get the feeling that vocal swaths of both DIY and Granny Chic supporters are going to waste no time making their displeasure heard if the other wins, while Cozy Craft might have been a viable compromise for at least some.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I was really surprised they didn't do Ranked choice. Especially with so few options... I get the feeling that vocal swaths of both DIY and Granny Chic supporters are going to waste no time making their displeasure heard if the other wins, while Cozy Craft might have been a viable compromise for at least some.

Well for the last community pack we were only presented with two choices for art style and I think that would have been the case for this time except some gamechangers started pushing for an elder stuff pack so they cobbled together Granny Chic at the last minute. It is so cliched and stereotypical and it is the only art style that couldn't be adapted for any of the other gameplay options.

Granny Chic is the least popular option with half of the respondent in this poll while half of the respondents preferred cosy craft as their second choice. I've looked up how Surveymonkey calculates the results of a ranked poll and used that to create a spreadsheet to calculate the results of this poll. Currently Cosy Craft and DIY are first equal while Granny Chic is a distant third.

There's a real possibility that Cosy Craft would have won a ranked vote.
    tsNVdyA.png

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2020
    1st Granny Chic, 2nd Cosy Craft, 3rd DIY Delight
    So far, this poll and the exit poll doesn’t match???!

I suppose it’s because not that many people have answeared yet so neither of them are representative.

In this poll, DIY delight seems most popular while in the exit poll Granny Chic and Cosy Craft is the most popular competing with each other.

Personally I’m hoping for Granny Chic but would be happy with Cosy Craft as long as we get the macrame hanging plants and the yarn wrapping in that theme aswell. I don’t really like the DIY Delight. Too much American housewife for my taste. I’m more into industrial or bohemian styles. I think we need more of that in the game.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Wow... I didn't know so many people liked DIY Delight that much. Imagine- what if it won? I would love that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    So far, this poll and the exit poll doesn’t match???!

I suppose it’s because not that many people have answeared yet so neither of them are representative.

In this poll, DIY delight seems most popular while in the exit poll Granny Chic and Cosy Craft is the most popular competing with each other.

Personally I’m hoping for Granny Chic but would be happy with Cosy Craft as long as we get the macrame hanging plants and the yarn wrapping in that theme aswell. I don’t really like the DIY Delight. Too much American housewife for my taste. I’m more into industrial or bohemian styles. I think we need more of that in the game.

There are actually three polls going at the moment. The Exit Poll, where Granny Chic has the lead with DIY in second, the Which did you vote for that was originally in the General Discussion section where it's tied between DIY and Cozy Craft, and this one where DIY is the most popular, and Cozy Chic has enough first and second placed votes to tie it.

So... DIY really does have a chance. (And for the record, would also be the sort of thing my mother - who is indeed the grandmother of a young adult - would prefer over the Granny Chic style. Of course, her craft hobby of choice is beading/jewelry making, so the cleaner tables with brighter lighting work better for seeing all those little beads. Her preferred yarncraft is crochet.)
    edited January 2020
    I've been doing the maths and currently DIY is in first place, Cosy Craft is second, while Granny Chic is third. The reason why Granny Chic is doing so poorly is that people who chose either DIY or Cosy Craft as their first choice are a lot less likely to choose Granny Chic as their second choice. Nearly 50% of people who voted in this poll chose Granny Chic as their third choice.

I have had a look that those other polls how they would turn out if they were a ranked poll and assuming the proportions of what people chose as their second and third choice remained the same I would get the same result as my poll. DIY first, Cosy Craft second while Granny Chic is third.

tsNVdyA.png

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think the interest in Granny Chic is because stuff for elders is missing from the game. Hopefully this shows the team that there's an interest in adding stuff for them.

DIY ... really isn't my taste. It's not just a case disliking the colors. The CAS is really not my taste. I like the yarn lights but that's about it. Even the big table is too big for most of my houses. If I don't like the actual CAS/BB, this pack might become bundle-only for me or I might completely sit it out. I'd have some interest in the knitting but this would add onto stuff in the game that I actually don't like. In a bigger pack, it's stuff I might ignore for other content that I want.

It's not that I have an issue with very feminine stuff, I actually like a lot of styles that are classified that way. It's just that this specific style really doesn't appeal to me. If it wins, I'll still consider the actual hair and objects but if it's the sole theme of the pack with nothing added for different tastes, I'll basically sit it out, only considering it during a bundle if I can't bundle something else. Even then, I don't know. It might end up ranking lower than MFPS for me. Obviously what actually goes into the pack will make the biggest difference but I won't be that excited.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I've been doing the maths and currently DIY is in first place, Cosy Craft is second, while Granny Chic is third. The reason why Granny Chic is doing so poorly is that people who chose either DIY or Cosy Craft as their first choice are a lot less likely to choose Granny Chic as their second choice. Nearly 50% of people who voted in this poll chose Granny Chic as their third choice.

I have had a look that those other polls how they would turn out if they were a ranked poll and assuming the proportions of what people chose as their second and third choice remained the same I would get the same result as my poll. DIY first, Cosy Craft second while Granny Chic is third.

About that bolded part, I can see why that is so. I love the industrial style, therefore Cosy Craft is my first choice. The Granny Chic room as it's getting presented is very much not my cup of tea. But if I take a step back and consider the items in it one by one, then a surprising number of them has their place in my builds. Just not all of them and especially not arranged as in the concept picture! Maybe if the looming impression of the rooms wouldn't drown everything else, if they'd showed us different screenshots with how the new items might mesh with existing (basegame) furniture, the votes would be different.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited January 2020
    Wow... I didn't know so many people liked DIY Delight that much. Imagine- what if it won? I would love that.

It grew on me. I was initially turned off by the over-abundance of pastels, but I really like the design of the BB objects, and there are sure to be at least a few neutral swatches. I'd love to see Cozy Craft's color palette used with DIY's furniture.

It grew on me. I was initially turned off by the over-abundance of pastels, but I really like the design of the BB objects, and there are sure to be at least a few neutral swatches. I'd love to see Cozy Craft's color palette used with DIY's furniture.

If you look at Movie Night even there were some pretty vibrant colour swatches there were really nice neutral ones. I don't we need to worry about DIY colour swatch and if we push them hard enough we'll get Cozy Craft colour palette added into the mix. It is a community voted stuff pack after all.
    tsNVdyA.png

• MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    It kinda looked all the same, especially the clothes. Didn't really had a favorite as I like a more modern style
    edited January 2020
    Currently in my poll, DIY has the highest weighted average, followed by Cosy Craft and then Granny Chic.
    Same for my projection of how @Colton147147 poll would have gone if it had been a ranked poll.
    But in the exit poll I project Cosy Craft to win, followed by DIY, with Granny Chic again last.

In my view it will be a travesty if Granny Chic wins the style vote when so many people have chosen it last. By not having a ranked vote EA have robbed us of a style that the majority of us would have been happy with as our first or second choice.

Let me make it clear, I am not opposed to more content for elder but the Granny Chic room is the room of somebody who was born in the 19th century and who is fondly remembering the styles of her youth not a modern day elder who if she is going to get misty eyed about any style would probably go for the style of Tiny Living or Movie Night. If the build/buy is that out of step what is the CAS for elders going to be like? Chic mean stylish and elegant but I don't see anything like that for our elders coming with this pack.
    tsNVdyA.png

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2020
    Individually I like many granny chic rooms objects because decorations are on point in that one

but as theme I'd rather cozy craft because it's gender and age neutral
    and has some good comfy and casual furniture I'd use the heck out of
    and also displays more warm feeling than the other 2

diy didn't really have that much knitting related objects at all
    and we lowkey have those furnitures already in game
    only thing I'd really like from diy is the big table and stuff on it
    but even then it reminds me more about sewing not knitting

and I also feel that furniture in cozy really matches with that big table anyway in shape so might as well just add it wink wink
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    1st Granny Chic, 2nd DIY Delight, 3rd Cosy Craft
    In my view it will be a travesty if Granny Chic wins the style vote when so many people have chosen it last. By not having a ranked vote EA have robbed us of a style that the majority of us would have been happy with as our first or second choice.

@Moon_Willow Personally, I don't know if it's accurate to use these forum polls as indications of majority or minority. This place only has a small fraction of sims players on it. Even the poll with the most amount of participants only has around 200 responses. For a game played by probably up to millions of people, it seems limiting to use a poll with so few responses. But that's just my opinion. We'll never know the true majority or minority until the results come out (which will hopefully be soon).