Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Murphy Bed !

I'm so excited about the Murphy bed coming in the new SP that I don't much care what else is in it.
Anyone else feel that way?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    No, I definitely care what else is in it. Lol

ETA: I wonder if the Murphy bed will have a special woohoo
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Not really, I care about the pack as a whole.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yep the only thing I care about in this SP...could have easily put it in DU..but you know...
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    If I buy the pack it won't be for that. I'd rather have seen bunk beds included.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I didn’t realize a pack was announced, I got a notification that James Turner uploaded a reaction to the tiny living pack but assumed it was a cc pack.
    But why were ladders, or bunk beds put in this. Also, if they’re using a Murphy bed as a money grabbing item, it better have a good energy rate. If it’s 4 or 5 that would be extremely disappointing
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Truth @SelinaKyles! Most of the non-hideous beds are so low in energy rate 🤨
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I absolutely care what else is in it! I'm not going to pay 10 bucks for ONE item.

I bet I would use it, if I had it, but I certainly wouldn't use it in every build. I'm not a fan of any of the extra BB and CAS shipping with this, a lot looks cute, I admit, but it's not "wowing" me enough to fork out any cash this time. I barely have any of the stuff packs, and to be honest, if I was going to buy another, there's 3 or 4 out already that I would get that interest me more.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I love the build/buy and CAS items that was shown. Murphy beds are just an added bonus for me :D I’m super excited!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    With the title Tiny Living would've expected bunk beds as well or instead of murphy beds, but no I'm not buying it for one thing. I did that with Moschino Stuff Pack and won't be doing it again. They keep putting one new item that's been requested into stuff packs expecting everything to buy them. The rest is recolored items we already have in game.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    In Sims 3, I lost too many Sims to Murphy beds. I mean like, probably only one Sim, but that was too many. For Sims 4, it's so hard to kill a Sim on accident that I'm not worried. You probably have to be eaten by a Murphy bed twice in a 4-hour period.

I'd rather have bunk beds, but I'll take what I can get.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I'm more excited for the other stuff that comes with the pack.
    If there are going to be random deaths by using the bed I probably won't even use it. I spend a lot of time making my Sims in CAS I don't want them to die, I actually want to play with them.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm all about that pond I saw🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm more excited for new cas items but that's usually the case with every pack for me. :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yep the only thing I care about in this SP...could have easily put it in DU..but you know...

But they didn't. So now you get to make a choice. :)
    #Team Occult
    The Murphy bed looks cool enough, I guess... I confess I don't get the obsession over it. But adding a new death chance to it has upped the ante, so I'm casually interested. The space saving concept is neat and tiny homes are definitely a rising thing in the U.S. I'm interested in what they have to show on the live stream.

But I also think it's weird that a tiny house would increase relationships. I'd rather have a choice to increase or decrease because I honestly don't see how being in a confined space wouldn't make people fight, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

The pond is already in game. Check out the debug menu for various options of it :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I know the only reason I'm likely to purchase this SP is for that Murphy Bed. The bed I thought would be included in DU. I don't even like living in apartments, let alone some ridiculously small quarters this pack offers. I'm excited to see what other nuggets this pack has stashed, beyond the bed, that is. When my hubby and I downsize, I will insist on at least a three-bedroom house. I need my office and we do have grandchildren.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I think the Bunk Beds & the Heartshape Beds will eventually be in the game because the game developers finally made the Bed-in-the-wall (Murphy's Bed).
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Bunk beds are a better option, but with this i'm hoping there is a small chance of dying from a murphy bed (at least according to that wiki 2 and 3 had this as well). I'd assume red pancakes are on the menu before long. :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Bunk beds are a better option, but with this i'm hoping there is a small chance of dying from a murphy bed (at least according to that wiki 2 and 3 had this as well). I'd assume red pancakes are on the menu before long. :D

Murphy Bed Death has been confirmed :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    After I saw what the Murphy bed did to this poor sim, I won't allow any of my sims to ever sleep in it.

81997676_1473903396093284_5609508230976765952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=wvsbxR1slqIAQn0Ao8pHTeWv_6wtWm5QHz7UgKCvDRz2TJsgMqtZuDw6w&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=35236abde9b90ce2e5a3170ab4c4d95f&oe=5E9DCFB7

LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    After I saw what the Murphy bed did to this poor sim, I won't allow any of my sims to ever sleep in it.

81997676_1473903396093284_5609508230976765952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=wvsbxR1slqIAQn0Ao8pHTeWv_6wtWm5QHz7UgKCvDRz2TJsgMqtZuDw6w&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=35236abde9b90ce2e5a3170ab4c4d95f&oe=5E9DCFB7

There are ways to prevent it. We'll find out more in the live stream.
    #Team Occult
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

But they didn't. So now you get to make a choice. :)

I shouldn't....paying for something that should have DU...but I won't be buying this pack so.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

The pond is already in game. Check out the debug menu for various options of it :)

It’s not the same as the fishing pond in debug, or the pond we got in Get Famous it’s a kidney shaped pond surrounded by rocks. It look different from any pond we have or can draw right now.
    mgoBbYI.png[\spoiler]
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The only pack I bought for one thing in TS4 was Perfect Patio for hot tubs, and I don't regret it.

I may buy Tiny Living, but it won't be just for the Murphy Bed, but because my favorite starter lot (Nookstone, in Oasis Springs) is tiny and I would love to make it more efficient - although honestly it is just enough for my single Sims.

Also, I find it tedious to see complaints over what packs do not include. If they are not what you want, simply do not buy them. Buy them if the features they have are those you want to add to your play. It really is that simple.

Why no bunkbeds or ladders? Obviously, because this particular architecture finds those tricky to implement, or we would have them sooner. The demand is known.

They aren't holding out from spite. I am sure when they can make them work, we'll see them, quite possibly in a free content patch. Until then, beating up the dev team or imputing evil motives is not really sporting, so please don't.