Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Long does it take for my Sims Clothes to Dry on a Clothes Line?

My sims clothes have been drying on the clothes line for 1 sim night and 1 sim day. They should be dry right?

Comments

• FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    I haven’t personally played with the item. However, in the livestream it was stated it takes around 12 sim hours, so I’d say they should be dry by that much time passing.
  • 0rnge0rnge Posts: 20 Member
    I think mine take around 20 hours but im going to test it when I get home
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Can lot traits influence the time it takes ? I had one of my sim hang out the washing before leaving for work, and I was bored on the empty lot so I added Sunny Aspect and Bracing Breezes on a whim, and it dried as soon as I went back to live mode.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    Just a heads up, the amount of time it takes to dry depends on how wet they were when they were hung up. From my vague recollection... damp clothes will take about 10 or so hours, while soaking wet clothes will take around 20 hours. Happy drying :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    So... how do you get them "not-so-wet"???
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Dry cleaning is a good one. I would have handed it over on a plate.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Just a heads up, the amount of time it takes to dry depends on how wet they were when they were hung up. From my vague recollection... damp clothes will take about 10 or so hours, while soaking wet clothes will take around 20 hours. Happy drying :)

I'm curious as to why the decision to have such a long dry time? In the warmer months I often hang my laundry to dry and very often it is actually dry and ready to be taken down and folded by the time the washer has finished with the next load. 10 hours for damp seems excessive and 20 hours for anything just seems prohibitive. That's a seriously long time, I can see many players not using this feature because of that and heading straight to the dryer. Eco friendly?

So why 20 hours?
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    They should never take 12 hours to dry? Have any of these people ever dried laundry outside? Well maybe in countries where the humidity is high I guess it could take a while.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe if Seasons comes, then perhaps these values may change... ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    Hm, I don't really know. I am still debating whether it's worth to buy this game pack or not.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    My sim hung her clothes up to dry on the first day of spring at least two springs ago in my current game. It's now mid fall number 2 and they're still soaking wet. Her home lot has had the sunny aspect since I made her and built her house. At this point the clothesline and her clothes are just lawn decoration.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    My sim hung her clothes up to dry on the first day of spring at least two springs ago in my current game. It's now mid fall number 2 and they're still soaking wet. Her home lot has had the sunny aspect since I made her and built her house. At this point the clothesline and her clothes are just lawn decoration.

Do you have Seasons EP? I read that rain will affect the drying. Perhaps place the clothesline sheltered, if possible?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MahyazmamaMahyazmama Posts: 21 Member
    Curious anyone having issue with the laundry not drying on the clothes line (off-grid trait). My sim in on an island in Sulani and it's about to go on day 4 of them still dripping! This started happening after the recent update. So now I can refill the tub (off-grid) but now the clothes are not drying. It's day 10 of 28 for Spring. No days of raining but will be raining tomorrow (day 11 of 28). So curious if anyone else is experiencing this? If this happened for you before the update?
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Mahyazmama wrote: »
    Curious anyone having issue with the laundry not drying on the clothes line (off-grid trait). My sim in on an island in Sulani and it's about to go on day 4 of them still dripping! This started happening after the recent update. So now I can refill the tub (off-grid) but now the clothes are not drying. It's day 10 of 28 for Spring. No days of raining but will be raining tomorrow (day 11 of 28). So curious if anyone else is experiencing this? If this happened for you before the update?

Has it been raining? If it rains, your clothes get wet again.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I'm sometimes having issues with the laundry not drying, esp. if there is a dryer on the lot. I didn't play with the buggy off the Grid lot trait yet so I cannot comment on that.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Mahyazmama wrote: »

I've been playing an off-grid household and the clothes do dry on the lot, but sometimes it takes a long time!

My off-grid household is the most challenging household I've played for a while! A commune with a couple of slobs, not enough bathrooms, they are uncomfortable so much of the time! :D
  • KikiInuyoshyyKikiInuyoshyy Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Mahyazmama said:
    > Curious anyone having issue with the laundry not drying on the clothes line (off-grid trait). My sim in on an island in Sulani and it's about to go on day 4 of them still dripping! This started happening after the recent update. So now I can refill the tub (off-grid) but now the clothes are not drying. It's day 10 of 28 for Spring. No days of raining but will be raining tomorrow (day 11 of 28). So curious if anyone else is experiencing this? If this happened for you before the update?

I am actually having the same issue. I have seasons and it does rain, but I'm in the summer and it has not rained the entire week. Though days are going by quickly, it's been 10-14 sim days and they are just dripping. I even reset the object to see if it was just bugged, and still nothing (This was during Spring, I waited 20 sim days). I have a hamper and now have to rid of it because clothes are constantly piling up.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Get her to take the clothes off the line. Chances are the line's broken and that's why they're not drying (but it win't show as broken with clothes on it)
    If the line is broken, after it's been repaired it should work normally again.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Some times it can take over 20 hours for me, seasons rain don't help either, I since stopped using them, I use the dryer or nothing at all.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Get her to take the clothes off the line. Chances are the line's broken and that's why they're not drying (but it win't show as broken with clothes on it)

I have noticed this is often the case. Occasionally the line also just seems to glitch, even though it's not broken. Either way, the best thing to do is take the clothes off the line and then rehang them. At this point, if they aren't dry after two days, especially if it hasn't been raining, I just automatically remove them and retry.
  • MahyazmamaMahyazmama Posts: 21 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

I have noticed this is often the case. Occasionally the line also just seems to glitch, even though it's not broken. Either way, the best thing to do is take the clothes off the line and then rehang them. At this point, if they aren't dry after two days, especially if it hasn't been raining, I just automatically remove them and retry.

I think mine had to do with the lot she was on. When I had her move to a different lot, everything worked fine again. The clothes line was brand new and didn't show signs of being broken when I moved it to another lot. My Sim(s) hasn't used any laundry items in the last month or so. So, I don't know if this issue is still ongoing. Thank you for your response. If I do use the clothes line again. I will try that if the issue comes back.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    If they are completely wet, I think it's about a day.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Forever