Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    @ AlwaysAsking Aww, I feel really bad for your son. I have my fair share of mental stuff but I'm lucky enough it's never crossed over to psychosis. The voices in Morgyn's head are more his own thoughts than hallucinations though. That said, it's still not a good thing D:

Caleb's purple shirt was a CC download specifically for him and only him. When I saw it I was like "Yep, Caleb is wearing this", and to be sure, no other sim I've tried it on suits it like Caleb does. And I actually tried to make Caleb's dark form scary, but it just didn't suit him. He's way too cute!

@ryttu3k Ah, yeah your Caleb is much younger! Mine is mid-twenties in physical body, but yeah, he's been around for a while haha

Feel free to kick Francois' 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I don't care. He's a poopyface anyway. And yeah, Morgyn is always open for hugs!

Your sims are studying hard, but I'm waiting them to play hard if you know what I'm sayin' ;)

Also, that picture of Morgyn being extra is giving me life right now.

@Becka28 You're so sweet! I'm glad you like Caleb's looks, it's fun to dress him because I have to actually do a bit of thinking since he has a very specific aesthetic :D

And yeah, I hate it when people get rejected or made to feel bad for being different too. It's happened to me for a good portion of my life. Morgyn is a sweetie and he deserves all of the love, but for the purposes of my story's conflict I wanted to use his genderfluidity as a plot point because I think it's interesting.

@Becka28, @ryttu3k and @AlwaysAsking Thank you, you brave souls, for reading my update before I edited it because that writing was shocking! I wrote way too fast and it was horrible, so much so I had to go back and fix it because I was highly embarrassed. My writing is much better than that, I swear! But kudos to the three of you persevering through that despite all the typos! <3<3<3
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've just come home from work, so I will start up my game shortly but just wanted to post some replies to people and comment on some stories. Also: Quite keen on the tiny living pack- at last the Murphy bed will make a return to The Sims! <3

@sarabeth2984 - Definitely agree, it was *very* underrated. I love how you encourage your sims with their inclinations, I do the same with mine and it definitely makes them feel more unique and individual this way. Though sometimes they can have questionable interests.

@haneul - Looks like both our legacies have an issue with cooking food, thank goodness they haven't gotten together otherwise the whole neighbourhood would be on fire, haha! I Loved the photographs of Dawn's childhood too, a nice flashback on her birthday. :)

@RedDestiny92 - Your Vlad is so different, never thought of him being that way.

@Firande - I can't get over how colourful your screenshots are, you must tell me your secret! Congratulations on getting your Sim through university too, it's always a proud moment. :')

@Simslover163 - Looks like all the boys are settling in pretty well enough, I've had a sim get electrocuted once using the Robotics table too (the animations pretty funny).

@Beardedgeek - So happy to see Hanna enjoying her new boyfriend, hopefully she can keep up his maintenance whilst she tries to get rid of the scourge in Strangerville! Also on a side-note, love her house.

@DarkAngel1994 - Duchess is ADORABLE, so glad she's feeling better. :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @ryttu3k i also forgot to say congratulations on your wonderful news. So sorry. Read your update yesterday and forgot to include it with todays comments.

@TheLastStar I never edit my posts and they are always full of errors. I edit other peoples work all day long as I am a supervisor at work and have no patience for it after hours so I never judge anyone else. This is fun time not perfection time for me.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @SiliClone yeah, it fits right in for her. I feel Vlad kind of wants minions more than family - "Yes, go cause some trouble and leave me alone to brood" or something XD

@TheLastStar mine is one of the baby Calebs, yeah XD He's late millennial and is 100% going to go 'ok boomer' when he finds out that Morgyn was born in 1948) and acts it, basically! XD And yeah, don't worry, Raylan and Morgyn have been playing a-plenty. Like. I'm pretty sure I set it to low autonomy, and yet...

And I think I read it post-edit anyway (I only noticed when I went on earlier today that I had missed it), so it looked great to me!

@Becka28 all good! Thank you! :D
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Morkovka
    It´s not polite to laugh at people getting set on fire, but :D Darling looks like he is one bad day away from running to the hills, I don´t think that he is enjoying all this university experience very much. LOL at Caleb enjoying the smell of burnt flesh.

@ryttu3k
    Huh, that explains why Antoniette is never getting the tense moodlet. She already is at the top of her career, so there is nowhere left to go. Well, not before she graduates (and she will, even if I have to lock her into her room to get her to study, as she would rather spend time with her young and very handsome husband.)
    It was only a matter of time until Morty´s reputation would catch up with him. He has been a very bad boy :D Leo is usually the sweetest thing, so it was extra funny to see him scare off Morty like this. No one is allowed to flirt with his Ellyn.
    Bad Raylan! Stay away from Father Winter, because seducing him will bring seven years of bad luck of being visted by ugly Father Winter wannabees on Winterfest. (I talk from personal experience - Don seduced Father Winter and ever since, I have been getting Father Winter wannabees each year instead of the real one, each more ugly than the last.) Besides, you already have such a lovely datefriend, so who needs some bearded old man?
    LOL at Marcus Flex and Don. Some sims just seem to gravitate towards each other.

@sarabeth2984
    I think I have gotten a handsome townie...once? It was back in the day when I had first started playing Sims 4 and didn´t even know the difference between premades and game-generated townies. His personality was awful, though, and I ended up deleting him. These days, every townie my game generates is so ugly that I press the delete button before I have time to learn any of their traits.
    The bonus scene in my last update reveals what Antoniette is up to.
    Loved Joanna the vampire mom! The siblings rivality :D Wow, Jade that´s harsh! First you woohoo a boy and then you call his mom to tell that you found him boring!

@AlwaysAsking
    I honestly have no idea what Morty has done to earn Leo´s ire, because I haven´t been playing either of them and as far as I know, they are not acquaintances. So it was extra fun, because his reaction came out of nowhere. Leo wasn´t even in a bad mood, because he was happy to chat with everyone but Morty, he even stopped glaring at Morty once Ellyn was out of the sight. Leo can´t wait to grow up, because he finds it unfair that his "twin" is already a teen, while he is stuck being a child. Sorry, Leo, but you are not allowed to age up before your older brother does and Raoul is perfectly happy as he is.
    Gideon really wants to make friends with other boys.

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    gotta love that servo romance. (can you marry a servo? or have children with them - I know this is an odd question but weirder things happen in the Sims.)

They are fully functional sims, except no pregnancies either way. Also, they have to learn the skills to repair themselves, otherwise they will be dependent on other family members with high robotics skill to survive.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Hanna is browsing for art online while having breakfast...

uI6BGm3.png

"Someone" has an emotional overload at the Romance Festival. And it's not the robot.

val85Cz.png

2rWdER8.png

Hanna is trying to get a foot in with the local military... Everyone is stonewalling her but she manages to plant a few bugs.

NDWKQ04.png

dEPZePO.png

...Riding your bike all the way inside the abandoned military complex... And finding a door that can't be opened.

HLt2JX5.png

Pv4at9A.png

Military people are weird. Turns out that if you just find a general and do 50 pushups you get a key card. For no reason.

F6XdGwp.png

GnpjgyB.png
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I'm enjoying everyone's updates and stories.

@O-meezy Alpha’s personality isn’t robotic at all. She seems friendly, but frightening as well given that she’s in the habit of shocking people. It’s good to see university isn’t too daunting for her, though.

@ryuttek Congratulations on being accepted into the program! That’s wonderful.
    Also, I agree with Raylan. He’s hilarious. His enchanting introduction was something else.

@RedDestiny92 I’m rooting for Bella’s happiness as well as for the children to get along with their new sister.

@Firande Congrats on your sims graduation. Do you use reshade to get such colorful screenshots?

@Beardedgeek Zero Sparks is a great name. I hope he lives up to it.

@Daephene I didn’t know our sims could have babies with the Flower Bunny. In my long history of playing the game, my sims have never had any children with the Grim Reaper, Father Christmas, etc. I’m only now beginning to embrace the occult/magical side of the game.
    Also, Harper is an excellent name for a baby girl. It’s one of my favorite names and surprisingly? incredibly popular as a baby name.

@TheLastStar Beautiful shots of Strangerville. My heart breaks for Morgyn, though. I hope his father will stop being so needlessly cruel.

@sarabeth2984 I’m glad to hear your main save fixed. I lost a save once and it was awful—I didn’t want to play. But I’m enjoying all of your alternative stories.
    Caleb’s nice to train Don and he probably doesn’t have the best relationship with Vlad, but Vlad could probably use the help much more than Don.
    Anyway, a vampire/mermaid hybrid with spellcaster traits sounds awesome. It’s interesting how she can have/has so many different occult-typed children. I’m amused by their names and their concept (I love it). Their names make it easy to keep straight who is who and who’s older/younger. I had 1 girl and then 7 boys in a row, but as a group they weren’t as fun as your crew.

@LehmanLegacy Thanks for your comments, and yes our sims have issues with fires, but I’m sorry yours was actually serious. My sims just lost their grill.
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    @haneul Thank you. Elsa will probably study psychology.
    Happy birthday to Dawn. Good none of your sims died in the fire.
    @DeafSimmer Congratulation on the wedding for Aron & Chaya.
    @sarabeth2984 Happy to hear you saved your save file. It would be sad if you loosed it. I know I would be sad if I loosed mine since I played it for more than 2 years.
    @AlwaysAsking Thank you. Cameron Fletcher is a premade from Discover university. The agegap between Fredrik & Olivia is 12 days. That is a long time.

My teen life
    49351792208_aafdc0db44_c.jpg
    As promised I visited uncle Cole's house the day after I met Daniel. It was nice to watch the movie Ford vs Ferari on their big tv screen and of course spend time with my cousins.

49351792108_eaf9b9ba7b_c.jpg
    Olivia & I decided to work out. So here I am at the gym.

49352249241_6b60e61d7d_c.jpg
    Cousin Britney Vera Flex cheered on me.

49352249181_e50b2a5a7d_c.jpg
    Later I brought my nephew Kenneth Pizzazz Munch to the park. I told him jokes and played with him.

49351791958_dcc68b5cd7_c.jpg
    In the evening I read a book at the library. I miss Olivia and look forward to meet her at the humor & hijink soon.

49352453802_bfec7bc6e6_c.jpg
    Uncle Cole invited me to eat dinner with his family after school. I did homework together with cousins Daniel & Eric. Daniel & Eric are twins.

49352248991_ec2154d11e_c.jpg
    The 3 of us picked up cousin David Vera Benali to play the llama game Windenburg. Unfortunately I lost tonight.

49352248926_17fd037040_c.jpg
    What an entrace. Something I had never seen before. Invited Kyung Ae home after school. Didn't expect her to arrive like this.

49352453542_f3c10b8e70_c.jpg
    I had her listen to the new song sang by Younha. She promised to share the song with her sister Younha. Both of us think it is funny that there actually is a singer with the same name as her sisters.

49352453467_d42a7aac3e_c.jpg
    It was so nice to hug my girlfriend Olivia. A hug is the closest to romance we can get.

49352248741_57db0e10d2_c.jpg
    I told Olivia I love her. She told me she loves me too.

49352453377_a8174ea7d3_c.jpg
    Time to participate in the humor & hijinks festival. Ready to tell Olivia some funny jokes.

49351791568_d290307c38_c.jpg
    Met uncle Filip Vera Lobo there. Told him some jokes as well. Wonder why he chose the hat he wears?

49352453322_6f7938597d_c.jpg
    My sister Amanda Pizzazz Hunter invited me to a dance party late at night. I could only stay for an hour because it is school tomorrow.
    She asked if I feel better than last time we met. I told her it is hard to be teen when your girlfriend is a young adult. But I know I have to go through this phase of my life.

49351791503_b71aec6936_c.jpg
    When I look in the mirror I think I have lost some weight. A bonus from working out. My dad Adam Vera Le Chien never worked out in his life. He got a big stomach as an elder. Now as I have worked out several times, I think I will be in better shape as an elder than my father was.

49351791448_560ab96bb1_c.jpg
    It is friday and weekend. So I spent some time at Amanda's house. It was nice to spend time with my nieces Hannah & Kendra Pizzazz Hunter. They are part of the 4th generation of Joaquin Le Chien's family.

49352248456_06f145e168_c.jpg
    Spent the evening with Olivia and my future parents in law Eric Lewis & Alice Spencer-Kim.

49351791338_998f715a03_c.jpg
    Both of us look forward to my birthday.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    @Nushnushganay glad to hear it! Assuming you meant my sims I had fun making them heh.
    @ryttu3k it's a good thing yoga won as pouting Caleb is cute ha.

Sure thing, yeah it's a pain, I've heard of it but I've never tried it I used to think the prompts wouldn't work for me because of racing thoughts somewhat creative or otherwise. Then I did Inktober so now maybe it's something to consider, any sort of prompt or challenge thing, whatever you'd consider that. I like playing with them I just have to be quick and sweet and ideas come from Bella perhaps I should have put them in another save. :D lol really? I could see that, I love Vlad for some odd reason fun to give him different looks. No comment on Bob cause anything I could say might give away plans then I'll be forced to make up something new and probably evil too. <3 Leila, they will warm up they are very affectionate kids not to mention at least they weren't used to be only children. Mortimer is....can't comment on that either heh. Thanks I love my girls ha.
    @Daephene I love rotating and it can add up fairly quickly but still when I actually see the number of households one can keep I'm always surprised...cause I'm strange. I didn't know you could, well I assumed you might be able to have kids with the flower bunny but I've had a few with married couples and my single girl ended up with a girl bunny. She seems very proud of her locker-daughter...heh. I'm glad you like him :smile: Mr. Vlad is gaining some love.
    @TheLastStar I really like the outfits for Caleb, he's another that is especially fun to dress up, aw poor Morgyn, not sure what to think of that disappointment giving them trouble.
    @Doctor_Vikter perhaps the cat was questioning the sort of person cuddling her...maybe? Lol, I love that second pic.

"I'm gonna give you such a kick."

"I'd love to see you fail old man."

"Now you two stop this foolishness right now and shake hands."

:p
    I love Eggert, is it weird I can picture him as the male lead in a dark romance...well "romance", his opposite would have to be a goth beauty or a blond that recently lost all her friends because of a cursed comment on simbook....okay I'll stop thinking about your characters now lol. Last pic just <3 that is all.
    @sarabeth2984 Don being a good father?...lol okay that's not fair he's been good in my games...amazingly enough, I also wrote that before reading the rest I love their family. Don pulled through for his family, I can't decide however which of their kids I like more I appreciate how much Primus is like his father but his younger brother man..Mr.steal yo girl...is that too old? Maybe...Do I care? not a chance lol he just swooped in like it was nothing. I hope if you play them some more you'll share them again that was a fun read.
    @AlwaysAsking Yep I'm just that evil, like see this comment post that means you guys won't even get to see what happens next with them yet cause I'll be sharing a different save. Yeah it's a bond thing, Takeshi just wanted him closer for a bit to watch television, even if Vlad will complain he likes it too..they are a tiny touch complicated. Something something something...Bob Pancakes, we'll see ha.

Aren't they cute? Mmhm it's not time yet for you to know why Alex has a happy place there, it's coming up though, what can I say? It's like how Vlad said I do ruin the lives of the cute hehe. I have fun with kids, that's how I end up having so many, I can't wait to play with Leila more.

Perhaps more will be learned about the girls another time, but not yet...I don't think I haven't gotten in game to plot yet, for them though since they wouldn't be human I imagine they would move with sound...or sonar I think is the way to say that..someone correct me lol. I probably have too much fun at the guys house, I needed something to entertain myself between pregnancies and they just worked so well. Don is a real peach like that isn't he lol. J and Don...difficult bros, I can say that, Makayla would be all for J that's even less complicated, I have to stop chit chatting with my sims they get so ornery. The toilet incident I think was in the main thread, Don pranked the toilet and it spit out water on J, then he did it again and J is petty so he never got over it, which is why his advice is also..no good.

Hmm that is an interesting mental image I will take your word for it lol.
    @Becka28 I'm curious how I'll use them so undecided.
    @LehmanLegacy Vlad and his many looks, you'd be surprised what works for him.
    @hanuel at least one of those I'm certain on.

Annnnd awesomes out while I go plot, and plot....and plot some more.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • O-meezyO-meezy Posts: 165 Member
    @Beardedgeek Is that pushup thing true? I need to try that LOL
    @DeafSimmer They're so cute together <3 I hope it works out!
    @Morkovka Uh oh not the Lotatrio trap. Don't let Morgyn fall for it!

After a long grueling time at University, it was finally time for Dre to graduate and get his Fine Arts degree! The ceremony went well and everyone was really excited!

qT1tHbo.png
    pRP5mlx.png

Zion and Avery made the trip to the campus to celebrate and they couldn't be any prouder!
    Ge0H8Ux.png
    zgksmHN.png
    nN1ixpx.png

They took a nice family photo but...

rPmgBCc.png

The mascot had to come ruin the moment though lol
    xzcecFF.png

Later that day, Zion and Avery treated Dre to a very fancy (and expensive) dinner at Chez Llama (click on the spoiler)
    8K0CYej.png

Sometimes Zion forgets he's an adult though and he began drawing pictures on the placemat with some crayons
    qg9TIG8.png

Also I've never seen Avery look this in love before. If Zion isn't careful she might end up marrying this meal lol
    u2CLli0.png

In my last post, we'd found out that Avery had a secret little sister that she never knew about. She really wants to have a relationship with her so the day after the graduation, she went to go visit. Her name is Alyssa and she's currently living with Avery's brother Raphael. Alyssa knew all about Avery because her paintings are in museums all across the world but she had no idea they were related. She was so happy to have a big sister <3

CvyZZcJ.png

They spent the entire day together just talking and getting to know each other better

Is4lueY.png

UyhnWje.png

They get along really well :) Alyssa is a really big fan of Avery's artwork so she promised to teach her how to draw later!

OdRTvYM.png

• DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@Becka28 - I never used wellness treats before, and the waiting doesn't take that long for me.
    Atlas and Dylan had to be my favorite couple in this legacy. :)

@AlwaysAsking - Unfortunately, no kittens this time.
    Yup, poor lil' Nyx.
    Dylan doesn't believe in the Guru's words, but it did made him worried. Also, I hardly ever have good news from the Romance Guru, so it's no surprise to me when they look uncomfortable towards the end. :/

@sarabeth2984 - Thanks, it's good to be back with the family. :)

This is going to be a long post because so many things had happened.
    It's Saturday, my dudes, and the family went to Willow Creek Park and had a Snowpal Contest.
    gbEwxBw.png
    PjLEKEx.png
    ANIREMO.png
    MbzmX0y.png

Here are the results:

Damien and Dylan's rockin' snowpal.
    v5oKQh3.png

Autumn and Atlas's friendly snowpal.
    j3tZLDj.png

Calista and Nyx's adorable snowpal.
    3wOIBst.png

The kids then went to play pirate.
    Nyx is the Captain of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Llama.
    avgXEXm.png

Damien was scanning the horizon for any land...
    2yPzRBE.png

...when suddenly the Sea Monster sprang up with a roar!
    "Captain, we're being attacked by the Kraken!"
    6xlN1VV.png

After their swashbuckling adventure, Atlas made grilled chicken for lunch.
    wk1ezVt.png

Nyx looked embarrassed when Atlas started goofing around in public.
    8RnzvRB.png

Already a start of sibling rivalry.
    nmuVDyg.png

It's not the first this happened. Maria and Vanessa despised each other because Maria got jealous of Vanessa being Daddy's Little Girl.
    O0Gs66q.png

Finding Autumn sleeping on the park bench means it's time to head back home. They were at the park all day until seven.
    yhWsjDo.png

Nyx and Autumn head to bed.
    uauatAK.png

Damien wanted to draw a picture, while Calista is chatting with the kids online.
    AiLXE72.png
    4P1WQpM.png

Not too long, Damien finally got to interact with the Cowplant.
    x1VI9tz.png

Dylan was teaching Calista about saying please and thank you when he got a stomache. Maybe he's just thirsty, and Atlas offered a drink for him.
    Hq1b1kd.png
    nXNoAI4.png
    xZhmhgU.png

How long have you been standing there, Autumn?
    xgtHBgj.png

The next day, the kids went out to school and Atlas went to work. Seeing Atlas in his uniform never gets old.
    VoYwcKK.png

Also, I found a mod that lets your Sim now ride a motorcycle. Perfect for Atlas. :)
    sYa9JM8.png

Dylan had a day off and went to the museum. His aspiration is Painter Extraordinaire. While he was talking with this lady, Jasmine, this other lady started fangirling and fainted on the spot. Dylan is Notable Newcomer.
    Q1X8aDm.png

The kids got back home with projects.
    2n96iJP.png
    knuhAep.png
    hfWFZgg.png

Andromeda came by for a visit to see her son and grandchildren, in her original outfit.
    FzrgCIb.png

Then we have another visitor: it's Piccolo, Duchess's boyfriend.
    19cbib6.png
    XJONooI.png
    IlSramC.png

During his stay, Piccolo has been pooping gold, and Atlas took him to the vet.
    ihaPDHo.png
    u8c2Evk.png
    TN8bHvq.png

The vet decided that Piccolo should be fine, but he would have to stay for a few days to heal.
    1dHThQx.png

Duchess wondered why did Piccolo go, and Atlas said that he's staying at the vet until he's back to health.
    KZnrXGY.png

"I had a very bad feeling about something, guys."
    She wasn't even hungry at this time.
    T2XJLPV.png

Soon after Nyx and Damien left to school, this happened:
    6blMyXg.png
    ocSAOhx.png

Just when he thought the fire was out, he too got himself on fire.
    LAW0ylu.png
    20cADW9.png
    BVsxFwA.png

Autumn thanked her dad and called the school she'll be staying home.
    7WFP4mK.png
    TN1y34x.png

Atlas also called in sick and stayed home, and Calista was supposed to go to school, but she called in and faked a sickness. Reason: she forgot to work on her project.
    TQA4kXO.png
    VZ1tjYm.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Ahaha! I dunno why, but I was surprised so many children of theirs were supernatural. Though, I guess that's expected when the mom is basically all the supernaturals! Also "He met Lilith Pleasant and kind of liked her but she kept farting in his face and I felt she wasn’t the right type." LMAO. Yeah maybe not. I also got a laugh at the two making a scene in front of the neighbors in the end. :joy:

I did put that movie theater on the gallery! I'm glad you liked it! Please, feel free to download it here if you're interested. :blush:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

Chapter 20 of The Tale of Gaston is ready to share. Morgan goes exploring and finds something. Will Caleb get there in time?

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited January 2020
    @AlwaysAsking After Blake and the boys moved in, the weather has been crazy. It's been nothing but nasty thunderstorms and sometimes just showers.

@Becka28 I agree. Robotics can be shockingly dangerous.

@LehmanLegacy Those animations where the Sims get hurt using the robotics table were funny, but at the same time, I felt bad for them.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thorne and Don Chapter 17

Index to other chapters
    Chapter 21 In which a surprise is revealed

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17397341/#Comment_17397341

Chapter 20 In which Don says some magic words

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17383549/#Comment_17383549

Chapter 19 In which Don leaves

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17374861/#Comment_17374861

Chapter 18 In which Thorne takes Don to Hawaii and then Really messes up

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17370055/#Comment_17370055

Chapter 17 In which Thorne is home and Hawaii is discussed

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17362895/#Comment_17362895

Chapter 16B In which Dash and Diego go to the Romance Festival

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17393044/#Comment_17393044

Chapter 16A In which Diego really messes up

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17377978/#Comment_17377978

Chapter 15 In which Thorne leaves Town and returns to hear big news

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17357228/#Comment_17357228

Chapter 14 In which we continue Diego and Dash and Diego’s story - Taking it slow

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17348854/#Comment_17348854

Chapter 13 In which Don is sad to hear Thorne is going away

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17344835/#Comment_17344835

Chapter 12 In which Thorne is thrilled that his plan for Don is working

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17343055/#Comment_17343055

Chapter 11 In which we begin Diego Lobo’s storyline

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17340514/#Comment_17340514

Chapter 10 In which Thorne does a favor for Don

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17338796/#Comment_17338796

Chapter 9 In which Don is in terrible distress, and Katrina Caliente tries to help him

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17336707/#Comment_17336707

Chapter 8 In which Dash unknowingly causes a great deal of drama

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17335918/#Comment_17335918

Chapter 7 In which Don begins to worry about Dash, and Thorne “Don-naps Don for a weekend

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17335495/#Comment_17335495

Chapter 6 In which Thorne tries to steal Don from Dash, including a stressful trip to a restaurant.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17334448/#Comment_17334448

Chapter 5 In which Thorne finally “gets together” with Thorne

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17331811/#Comment_17331811

Chapter 4 In which Don appeases Dash, and Thorne spies one last time

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17328246/#Comment_17328246

Chapter 3 In which Don jeopardizes his “relationship“ with Dash

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17326248/#Comment_17326248

Chapter 2 In which Don declares that “Deep Water is Still”

https://forums.iii//forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17316673/#Comment_17316673

Chapter 1 In which Thorne meets Don and observes “The Master”

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17316673/#Comment_17316673

Don was doing better. After 18 endless days of being separated from Thorne, Thorne was back. And now that Don had finally gone to a doctor, they both knew that they were having a baby together.

CQd4lfP.png

Thorne was with Don every single second that he could be. And oftentimes he was with him when he shouldn't be. When he should have been somewhere else, like, at work, for example.

U7zFt2G.png

Thorne tried to tell himself that all of this was part of the original plan. After all, Thorne told himself, I have to convince him that I love him,

XTLqyV0.png

Speaking of which, Thorne was so mad at himself for breaking, and telling Don that he loved him, he didn't even know what to do.

BgG31fz.png

I knew he would do this, Thorn said to himself. Now that I've told him that I love him, he's not going to say it back. Why didn't I wait? I was going to wait for him to say it first!

But it wasn't like Thorne could take it back. It was out there now, and Don knew that he had that little bit of power over Thorne, and he was happy with that.

MCAVVzJ.png

Spoiler to make the page load faster
    Don never wanted Thorne to leave him behind like that again, and now he at least had a chance of stopping Thorne from doing it.

mud3Nws.png

And as if that wasn't bad enough, Thorne couldn't help but call Don sweet little pet names, like Baby. He tried very hard to stop himself. He'd been able to keep from saying them up until now. So what was the difference?

dwLtfxK.png

I suppose it's because I can see the baby bump now, was Thorne's thought. An overwhelming overprotective drive had kicked in the night that Thorne came back from his tour; the minute that Don stood up, and Thorne could see it.

That's why I ended up calling him Baby, and telling him I loved him in the first place, Thorne realized. And now I'm not sure if I should stop doing it. I have to keep things the way they are, or he'll be suspicious, and all of this will have been for nothing!

2Vhhttn.png

At least those were the things that Thorne told himself. Whether they were true or not, I can’t say. Thorne also told himself that it didn’t matter that Don hadn’t said, "I love you," to him. He knew that Don loved him. It was obvious, however, it would calm him down a bit if Don would just say it out loud.

4BtvS01.png

Thorne actually had a few things to work out, regarding Love and relationships, because the two of them had plans to make. When Don hadn't known that his "illness" was a pregnancy, Thorne had promised to take him to Hawaii if it was going to take Don a long time to get better.

Don still had six months left to go in his pregnancy. Thorne figured that six months counted as taking a long time to get better. "You still want to go to Hawaii with me, right?" Thorne asked Don.

0o8tgZ4.png

Don was very eager, "Of course I do," he said. "I thought we would be gone by now."

"I just need until next week Sunday. Not this coming Sunday, Baby, the next one, ok?" Thorne said, and he winced when he heard himself say "Baby" again.

mrYZKqD.png

I have to go back to calling him Buddy, Thorne told himself. There's going to be a real baby here one of these days, and that's going to be really confusing.

"That’s a really long time," Don said. "Why do we have to wait that long?"

kygmEF4.png

"It’s not really that long," Thorne said. "I have that one concert to do that Saturday," Thorne reminded him. "You know about it, I've been telling you for months."

"Oh," Don said. "That thing with Malcolm?"

z9G6QmK.png

"Yes," Thorne said in exasperation. "That 'thing with Malcolm' is a fundraiser, and it's one of the most important events I've ever been a part of, and I'm not going to miss it."

"Ok," Don quietly said.

It was obvious that Don was disappointed. Thorne tried to make him feel better. He pulled him close and kissed him.

0wdhulg.png

"We need to go shopping first anyway," Thorne said. "I know you can't wear the clothes I just sent you."

"Yeah, they don't fit now," Don said.

nPqpWBX.png

Thorne said. "Don’t worry about it. You can wear them after the baby is born. But you need clothes to wear now. You can't be walking around in the stuff you've been wearing lately. Where did you get these clothes?"

"It's just my old stuff I don't wear anymore," Don answered. "It's all stretched out, and the elastic is loose on these shorts and stuff."

WGWIjxg.png

"Well I can't have you running around in that stuff when you're with me," Thorne told him.

"I'm not going shopping for any new clothes," Don said. "I'm not goin' in a store like this. You're just gonna have to go buy me something if you're gonna be that picky."

TDNr8lR.png

Thorne had gone to a consultation with Dr. Hastings. The doctor explained that Don’s emotional state would be fragile for the duration of his pregnancy, because of the unfamiliar hormones. He warned Thorne about upsetting Don too much. “Do not criticize him about anything. Be careful about everything that you say to him.” So Thorne told Don that was fine. He'd just grab some clothes for Don before they left for Hawaii. He won't need much there anyway, Thorne said to himself. A couple of swimsuits and some muscle tees.

c1B7CfI.png

Thorne had free blocks of time, every day that whole week, and he spent all of them with Don. They almost always stayed at Malcolm's house. Thorne wasn't ready for the world to know he wasn't really an "eligible bachelor," anymore. True, he and Don didn't have any formalized relationship. But if he was seen with someone who was pregnant, news would travel.

ryTE2f1.png

He thought about the fact that they didn't have a formalized relationship quite often. He'd been waiting for Don to say he loved him before he officially asked him to be his boyfriend. But I ruined that now, Thorne reminded himself. Dang, why? Why did I tell him that!?

BP5X4S8.png

He wasn't sure what to do about it. When he inevitably was spotted and recognized, out and about with Don, he was going to have to answer some questions. What was he supposed to say? 'Oh, this is my baby daddy,' wasn't gonna cut it. Still, he wasn't going to call Don his boyfriend unless Don was ok with it. Dr. Hastings told him not to upset Don, so he had to be careful with him.

EHLYiLJ.png

This would have been so much easier if I hadn't slipped up, and told him I loved him. Thorne kept thinking. If I hadn't done that I could have just explained to Don that I'd have to introduce him as my boyfriend to the public. But now he believes that I love him, and he'll take it as manipulation. Just what I want to deal with, Thorne thought. Don Lothario and his commitment issues

ABLWUaR.png

Thorne knew that they were going to have to deal with it before they left for Hawaii. You could never be sure who you would run into when you were there. Sometimes he didn't see anyone he knew, and sometimes he would blunder into dozens of people that he knew. There was a good chance that things were going to get awkward, and they needed to be straightened out before that happened.

FfUhLjd.png

He thought that the best course of action would be to take Don out of the comfort zone of his home and friends before he broached the subject of calling Don his boyfriend. He threw on one of his old disguises, and drove down to the creek in Oasis Springs. Thorne picked that spot, because it was very rare to see people in that area. He really wanted to avoid the public as much as possible, and a hat, sunglasses, and a long sleeved shirt, were not really enough to hide the tattoos on his hand, his signature hair, and his distinctive facial features.

k3Al5zF.png

Don wanted to know why they had driven to such a weird remote area.

Thorne was very cute with him, and told him that he'd brought him there so he could, "have his way with him."

PIWh5ZR.png

Don laughed at that and said, "You can 'have your way with me' anytime you want to, back at my place."

09GpMUu.png

"That's not as fun," Thorne countered. "Out here you have to watch out for snakes and scorpions. Not to mention fishermen, photographers, rock collectors, and the occasional health food nut looking for fresh fruit. It makes it very exciting! You have to stay on your toes," and he winked at Don.

ynj2PIC.png

Then he pulled Don to him and kissed him insistently. "We're here, and we're going to stay here, and you're going to love it, you got it?"

1t6M16N.png

And they laughed together. It was good to see Don happy and laughing again. Thorne had missed that part of him.

cDUzauU.png

Sometimes Thorne wondered if Don was actually smarter than he acted. Thorne knew that the act that Don had put on for Dash had required some good acting skills, and knowledge that seemed beyond the Don persona that everyone thought they knew.

1DrlIwO.png

It would be helpful for any upcoming commotion if Don could lose his, "deer in the headlights" look. Not to mention how nice it would be if he articulated his words and sentences better. But Thorne wasn't sure how to broach those subjects. And should he drop all of that on Don right now? Would it be best to tell him everything right away, or little bits at a time? It might be best to just say it all at the same time, he thought to himself. Doing that might make Don believe the whole, "I have to call you my boyfriend now," issue as being part of the same problem, because it actually was.

zLoTm52.png

It was all related to whether or not he was recognized at some point when he was out with Don. Personally he'd prefer to avoid that. It would make things messy later....

He continued to kiss Don, and talk to him about sweet things. Yes, I'm buttering him up, Thorne said to himself. I hope he doesn't catch on to that, because this is really important. Somehow I have to tell him without upsetting him.

QnBVjNm.png

Finally he thought Don was happy and relaxed enough to talk about the issues. "We're leaving for Hawaii in a few days," Thorne reminded him.

"Yeah," Don replied, "I know. I'm getting my stuff packed."

"Ok, cool," Thorne answered. "We need to talk about a few things before we go."

"Like what?" Don asked.

"Like what's going to happen if we run into people I know, or if the paparazzi see me down there."

T33EhqK.png

"Why?" Don asked. "What does that matter?"

"Don," Thorne said, "I just don't think you realize how famous I am. I still live in this area because I grew up here. People don't get all that excited to see me. That's why I didn't move to LA. I like it here, where it's quiet, and I'm still just Thorne, that kid with the guitar who constantly needed a haircut. It won't be like that in Hawaii if people spot us."

"What will it be like?" Don asked.

feLU8MN.png

"It will be like a constant race to get away from people. Constant requests for interviews. Everyone is especially going to want to talk to you, because we are having a baby together," Thorne answered.

"That's not cool," Don said. "I don't want to be interviewed. I don't want a million pictures taken of me. Why can't you make them stop?"

J7RtJpf.png

"Because I can't. No one can," Thorne laughed. "That's why I need to talk to you now, to get the story straight before that happens."

"What do you mean 'story'?" Don asked. "Am I supposed to lie about something?"

"Well, yeah, I need you to," Thorne said. "You're going to have to let me introduce you as my boyfriend."

RoJYb6i.png

Don did not seem too thrilled about the idea. “I don’t want to lie about that,” Don said.

yakPRxO.png

“Come on, Babe, it’s just got to be that way. When those people are around you’re going to have to be “that guy.” My boyfriend, who loves attention from the press, is very polite, meets people’s eyes when he talks to them, and uses good grammar,” Thorne told him. “Basically I need you to act like you do when you’re trying to pick someone up at a bar, except not quite as shameless, ok?”

jgpHlxv.png

Again Don said no, that he wouldn’t lie about it, and Thorne began to get irritated. “That’s how it has to be!” he insisted, “Or we can’t go! What don’t you get about this?”

FWam2tc.png

“I don’t understand why it has to be a lie,” Don said. “You said you love me, why can’t I actually be your boyfriend?”

uYTCSll.png

“Or were you lying when you said it?” Don asked him.

mu5bpIf.png

Thorne was stunned, and very ashamed. Oh, this poor guy, Thorne berated himself. I should have known that’s what he wanted.

Z8mPX3O.png

“I’m so sorry Don,” Thorne softly said. “Of course you can be my boyfriend.”

vgxZ46V.png

“And I wasn’t lying.”

cmvwYgI.png

Bonus Pictures!
    Cool Thorne is Cool!

T9lDiYK.png

kTYWBpg.png

krQiJGi.png

ER88Z6z.png

Xq2d4JJ.png

Funny Thorne is funny

Y4Eq2Gf.png

jwdgG43.png

YwsODAG.png

fqK43df.png

Continued here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17370055/#Comment_17370055

Ok, getting a start on comments 😊

@sarabeth2984

Hi! Wow, thanks so much for looking at my Ian and Lawrence tale 😊 I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it. People have been picking chapters haphazardly to read (I can see that in my site stats lol) and I'm confused 😅 It's a linear story, like a novel.

But anyway... yeah, people warned me that this would happen with my daughter. "After a couple of years at college they stop coming home for the summer or much of the holidays." I was hoping it wouldn't happen 😔 but, like you, she's meeting incredible people, she's on the executive board of a cause that's very important to her, and she's making unbelievable connections. I guess this is why you raise them, so at some point they can leave. 🤔

Getting Simon out of the realm has been so awesome! And he's already shown up at a rave at the estate in Windenburg, and a nightclub in Sulani 😅

Luna better grab him quick before I have to delete another rando townie that he's hooking up with 😂

Yeah, I saw that Clint was Vincent's uncle a while back. I must have missed commenting to you. I'm glad to hear that Clint is being a good lil' pollinator 😅 (with that as your title you have to wonder if he's inclined to be faithful 😉) and that Vincent is single 😊

No trip to Granite Falls with a family yet. Too many screenshots of Don and Thorne 🤣

That's cool that you're fond of the roomie's house! I'm fond of it because that's where J comes from 😅

I agree though, it's got a cool design. The lighting is a nightmare for me though.

Cool that Jo will be neighbors with Rosemarie! She'll maybe be able to help out with the baby 😉

Geeta is a trip then! What a goofball. That was a bit extra for the dive bar in Strangerville. 😂

And heyyy, Jo has great taste, Thorne is a peach in my game!

I love the Don and Joanna alternate timeline He's very easy to fall in love with.

How does she react when he goes off on his non-committal rants? Thorne throws a holy fit, but they are usually fine again within minutes. (I know what buttons to push to calm down Thorne Bailey 😉)

@Becka28

Ha! Carried away by the festival vibe! I know a couple like that too 😅 Well, maybe they will have a baby or two now. Will you keep playing as Jade? Or turn her lose to MCCC?

Alana's dress was very pretty on her. And yeah, someone else with use the other dress someday. How many (still single) daughters did Bjorn have? I can't even remember. 😅

Wow! Yeah, Clara is a fool then! Maybe she only likes troublemakers in her relationships. 🤔

Ugg, I feel your pain about Diego! I have zillions of pics of him with Gunther and Dulce, him and Knox, teen him and Hermes, and now he and Dash 😳 it's a nightmare! I've almost used up all the room on my terabyte external drive!!! (Well, not all on him 😅)

And I don't even have a fame system in my game! He just can't take a bad photo!

I can't wait to see the picture heavy updates. Picture heavy of Diego and Jessica sounds awesome to me 😊

I hope Frankie steals Viktor from Max, but then who does his sister get? Not Max!!!

@ryttu3k

Lol! Good to know! Spamming your book irritatingly sounds perfect to me 😄

And ummm, see, that's why I don't mess with things like my saves. I don't know how to isolate it into its own folder, and have no idea what number you'd be changing to put it back! I guess I'll leave that cool stuff to you folks who are younger than my 35 year old son!

Your Winterfest update is adorable ❤️ How did Morgyn get any homework done with that "distraction" around all the time? 😅

Morgyn being "extra" about the tree is the most amazing thing ever! 😄😂

The gifts were so awesome. Especially the knife block 😳 🐸🐸🐸🐸? 😅

And geez, very bad idea. Don't eat the holiday meal with a withered stomach. Sheesh

I'm not surprised that father winter left!

And hey, we all know Geeta, and we all know she's not a guru, lmao.

And O M G at Don and Markus. That man is the worst!!!😄

@TheLastStar

I'm glad to hear you've never had psychosis. It's really strange how many people tell me that they've had it or a family member does. I used to think it was really rare, but perhaps not

Anyway, I hope Mira can help him. And I hope Mother Plant eats his father. 😠

@KiniHokulani I'm tagging you again, just in case your notifications didn't work when I posted this on the 8th

Wow! I don't even know what to say 😊 Thank you so much. I'm glad the story is resonating with you.

I'm lucky in that those guys have been so expressive, and they've honestly gone through the wringer! Thorne was totally wiped out by that Dash situation, but I didn't put it in the story, because one of them had to be strong, and he straightened up faster than Don. Don was so devastated it was unreal.

So yeah, a lot of what's going on is real, and I find that I write like that when it's a situation I can relate to. The feelings are easy to convey because I've felt them. And yes, I'm loving seeing Don sort of breaking down here. Not that he doesn't deserve it 😅 His artwork perks him up. And well, he glows when he's with Thorne ❤️

I'm going to leave Don's non-committal trait alone for now. He and Thorne have some amazing expressions when Don brings it up. But yeah, that carefree trait is a lifesaver in situations where you want to change the non-committal trait, but it's one of the ones that don't really go away, like kleptomaniac. It's irritating.

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    Chapter 20 was linked above, and I couldn't stand not to present Chapter 21 [hint: "Fight! Fight! Fight!"] in which Caleb finishes by declaring, "I am Vatore!"
    This one earns the M for Mature due to the fight scene. Therefore I linked to the page in which you must hit Proceed first, then choose the chapter.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @DeafSimmer d'aww, young love!

@AngeliqueAdelaide Leo living up to his name and being a protective baby lion, hee. And don't worry, Raylan behaved after that! (Although I suspect the flirty moodlet he got from it did contribute to Morgyn's decision to, ahem, get a present from Raylan instead!)

@Beardedgeek yeah, go Hanna! They're a cute couple XD That was easy getting into the labs!

@haneul thank you, I'm looking forward to it!

@RedDestiny92 NaNo doesn't use prompts the same way that Inktober does, it's much more free-form. Why don't you try Camp NaNo to start off? With Camp, you can set your own wordcount goal (as low as 10k, as opposed to the main program's 50k). They're usually held in April and July.

@O-meezy congrats to Dre on graduating! And Alyssa and Avery are very sweet together!

@DarkAngel1994 looks like a fun day out, sibling rivalries aside! Autumn staring at the dryer is relatable, not gonna lie. Aww, hi there, Piccolo! Looks like there may be fluffy spotted kittens in the future XD Oh jeez, that fire could have been nasty, glad they got it under control! Yeah, I think a day off school is warranted at that point!

@Nushnushganay oh jeez, Morgan! D: She does seem to have a talent for attracting trouble...

Oof, sloppy seconds. Rude. Go Caleb kick his butt! Man, that's one heck of a climax! Oh my god moderating my language to be forum-friendly is excruciating.

@AlwaysAsking all I can see is that 'congratulations, you played yourself' meme. 'Like when you're trying to pick someone up but less shameless' - *snort* Man, they're both disasters and they deserve each other, frankly ;)
    @ryttu3k Morgan has special blood. But more on that later... and I'm glad it was as good for you, as it was for me, ;) watching Caleb cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war. That statement was sooo in character for Talon, he's such an evil, entitled, unrepentant you-know-what. I love your sense of humor and your writing style too!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I allow for teen pregnancies and teen marriages along with autonomous try for a baby and marriages in my games. Please don't judge just keeping it real. With that said my vampire teen is pregnant. I was playing another household of mine when I got back to her she was pregnant.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Here's an update with the boys.

Miriam invited Matthew out to dinner and he asked Blake and Frankie to join him.

Frankie was the only one out of the three who hasn't met Miriam. He introduced himself to her.
    mR5EizZ.png

Dinner is served!
    Af9PM4X.png

They all talked about what has been happening in their lives and such.
    gOgh5Xc.png

After dinner, they came home to a fire breaking out, which freaked me out. Anthony was cooking on the grill and all of sudden, that happened. That's why I don't let my Sims cook on the grill or stove until their cooking skills are better.
    gFGBFYz.png

Meanwhile, poor Blake got food poisoning and had to vomit.
    sCPpl9L.png

He immediately reported the food poisoning and got compensated.
    MvG5gEA.png

The next Sim day, the boys decided to attend the UBrite Spirit Corps' Creativity Celebration event. Although they graduated, they will still attend these events if they have time.
    I had Florian start the Britchester Cheer.

Florian: Who's ready to get hyped??
    UsF6ZB9.png

A lot of people joined the cheer
    AQICO5T.png

Roar!! Everyone did the signature UBrite roar!
    a8xa0HZ.png
    iTtqzVS.png

Florian high fives the mascot.
    TX4yPiU.png

The Creativity Celebration is ideal for Anthony since he loves art!
    91XtVY2.png

Frankie started the cheer again!
    4KyD1hM.png

Everyone joined in!
    2BN7sCS.png

Well done, everyone!!
    pu9JKMH.png
    lTzQelX.png

One of Blake's favorite things to do at these events: take selfies with the mascot.
    SiENEtq.png

It's Sim Monday. Time for Anthony to take 3 final exams and be done!
    Anthony: I'm so ready for my three final exams!
    XwUfJAH.png

After the exams, he told Matthew that he'll be in the Social Media career in the Public Relations branch.
    51vxkqS.png

Final grades for Anthony! He did great, especially since he'll be graduating with a distinguished degree.
    zit0z5r.png

Meanwhile, Frankie is working on his artistic skills!
    Gx15i8a.png

Graduation day!
    Willow: Congratulations on graduating!
    Anthony: Same to you, Willow!
    GJHCauZ.png

Anthony: Doesn't it feel great to finally graduate and be done?
    Hayden: It sure does! Now I can finally work in my dream career!
    JUv6Ann.png

We made it!!
    zH55MEC.png

Matthew, Florian, and Frankie were also present at the ceremony because they haven't already participated in a graduation ceremony.
    tE5amdK.png

All five boys got their graduation portraits!
    Fu0DaPk.png
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Nushnushganay finally finished reading the blog version of Gaston's story. I love your writing style and enjoyed it more than the forum version. I really feel for Gaston even if he is his own worst enemy at times. I loved the latest chapter with Caleb having his I am Vatore moment. He is such a tender person and it is good to see him taking control.

@AlwaysAsking OOps spoiler time too much writing!
    not sure frankie is the great prize that Viktor and Abi think he is! (or Frankie himself thinks he is) but teenagers are allowed to experiment with love and make some mistakes so they can see a good thing in the future ( Jessica made so many mistakes herself so she is not going to stress too much over it). I do have a soft spot for Max but I don't like seeing my sims unhappy. Bjorn still has Abi, Lyra and Jade's daughter Tiffani who are unmarried (now Tiffani and Max would be a fascinating pairing). Plus little Edward. Can't get rid of Jade because I love Tiffani and Edward (because of my Bjorn love) - plus I want to see some beautiful Jade/ Kendrick children and both have good genes. And Max took Viktor to my "bar" that is actually a youthclub (bar is just the best lot to use but the bar is walled up with the tv) - youthclubs were often pretty terrible places in my youth, even without the alcohol service and would be the stamping ground of sims like Max. Usually they have pingpong, snooker and coffee making facilities and are run by charities - the kids who hang out there usually have a lot of issues so they are a little dark and dangerous.(and so naturally are also a mecca for teen girls because where else do you find the Wolfgang's and Max's of the world?) I do have a nice bright arcade in my game too but Max never asks Viktor there -- plus a teen clubhouse in Newcrest. This youthclub used to be Bjorn's,political meeting room but I don't need it anymore.

Poor Thorne - he has really got himself in deep hasn't he, not sure why we are on Don's side so much as he isn't that great himself - except that he is the one having to be pregnant. Iam glad DOn finally said he wanted to be Thorne's boyfriend and Thorne got where his error was. I like the idea that Don is a good actor and maybe playing a deeper game than we realise. Its a good way to get a celebrity status, new clothes and many other things from being involved with Thorne. I like the angle you took the cloudgazing shot from and will steal it. Sometimes it looks so weird in screenshots but yours makes it look right. Don looks so funny pregnant. I allow male pregnancy in my game so its not uncommon but there's just something about it being Don who's pregnant that makes me giggle.I love the looks Thorne gives Don when he looks at him over his sunglasses and below his hat - they are very coy flirty looks. If anyone was trying to convince me that being outside was exciting mentioning snakes and scorpions would be an instant moodkiller - no creepy crawlies with my woohoo thankyou! I feel for Don saying a week is a long time - I am a terribly impatient person and find waiting hard. I was that child that whines "are we there yet?" after 10 minutes in a car. Plus it is interesting to note that Don STILL hasn't said anything loving back to Thorne even after manipulating Thorne into asking him to be his boyfriend for real. Every time Thorne thinks he is being manipulative Don seems to be ahead - is it dumd luck or Don's own plan?

I love the bonus pictures of Thorne. What is it with EA and bleached blonde sims? (Wolfgang, Diego, Thorne - are there others?). Thorne is so much better with his natural hair and I love him in the hairstyle you chose. While he is not my ideal sim I love your musical shots of him with the San Myshuno backgrounds. Is funny Thorne being funny in the mirror. That loving admiring look leads me to think he is. Well we know who Thorne's true love is now don't we :wink:

Don't forget to let us know when you have used the new guide to add more blog chapters. I really want to hear more about Laney and Jasper as well as all the sims you have already introduced.

@ryttu3k The jacket Diego has is on Darte77s blog and isn't on sims resource anymore - it is the chester jacket (around april 2018 I think) - I love their stuff as there is a lot of swatches and the male stuff has a young modern look the maxis stuff doesn't. I often dressed Wolfgnag in Darte77 too - I have the suede jacket and biker jacket and a lot of the jeans.

@AngeliqueAdelaide thanks for the advice about Cassandra - I will checkout her traits and aspirations.

UPDATE:

When I got DU, I got a bundle so I also got vampires (it was only $5 more to buy 3 than 1 pack - crazy). Vlad has been sending Jessica messages about her neck and stands on her doorstep watching her for hours. I only know what has happened in all your posts and haven't experimented with the pack, so I don't really know anything about vampires - should she be worried?
    5wpcEfO.png?1

One night a blur went right past Edvin Ollie who was outside painting. I paused the game and Vlad was running through the house towards Jessica.
    8I5xlnv.png?1

I was worried but he ran straight past her and into the bathroom where he threw up.
    r8Awm9b.png?1

He then stamped around angrily, turned into a bat and flew off. I checked with MCC and he's not pregnant. What on earth is going on? Or was this just a weird sims moment. Anyway - he is still stalking Jess.

He can't get enough of this - whatever it is that Jess thinks she's doing.
    rtT92sz.png?1

Sugar alert <3
    Another person was who can't get enough of Jessica is Diego - he called her and asked to visit - it was obvious he called as soon as he arrived home from work. He had written her love poetry (like she usually does for him).
    ykYs0TG.png?1

She was touched.
    27s3PIT.png?1

Aaah they are too sweet autonomously. I was hoping for an autonomous proposal from one of them.
    heEG7EV.png?1

But then Jessica had to go to work so I got her to call in sick (we had used all her vacation time trying to spend time with Diego) and THEY SACKED HER!!! How very dare they and she a 5 star celebrity and probably the biggest draw on their schedule! She was an entertainer at the top level. Of course that killed the mood because she couldn't stop crying so I took her home.

I decided that as she is a level 9 writer she could write novels but the game glitched out and she writes them but they don't finish so she can't publish any - she is one career step away from completing the writing aspiration grrr
    JuzNvU1.png?1

She has the celebrity perk that she could get re-employed at the level she left entertainer from but she never sees Diego in that career. She would make a good stylist but Izzy is too good a friend. Maybe she will take up photography or be a youtuber? SHe doesn't need money so she will enjoy a break for the minute. SHe also has a pristine rep. but never gets the calls offering her jobs anymore :( or her celebrity serums in the mail. I might need to repair my game. She did get the blind date call from Candy but thanks to @sarabeth2984 I managed to avoid causing trouble with Diego that way.

Spice festival
    Abilene still gets sad moodlets because she has no one to love. Poor girl. Then Bjorn's ghost invited her to the SPice festival (he is not in the pictures as this is a nonsupernatural game - no matter what all my supernaturals - and Bjorn's ghost think!) So I invited Viktor and Frankie for some fun.
    VJpMVRn.png?1

He was happy to see Viktor .............
    12NcrHL.png?1

..........and Abilene.
    KzS6r2X.png?1

They joked around.
    EOlwAyQ.png?1

but the only sim Frankie seemed keen on was himself. Oh Frankie Pancakes - what an attractive guy you are.. well thankyou Frankie yes I am!
    f2bsZb7.png?1

They tried the bubble machine but the flavour made everyone feel bored.
    WWz2nKX.png?1
    7BgKQjh.png?1

Viktor couldn't win the spicy curry challenge...
    Ptv5SU0.png?1

Abilene thought she could but then the flames came and left a smoke ring.
    w8dcqvu.png?1
    nUSNAG8.png?1

As it was a school night they both did their homework when they got home - although there was a lot of chat about Frankie.
    JazyySb.png?1
    YpKgnY3.png?1

Abilene then complained about her love life to her mother.
    55EwMHU.png?1

Where did this come from - she didn't search in any bins?
    I2sz7aU.png?1
    Stupid cube told her love was to be painful and a learning experience about loss. So now she is sadder than ever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top