Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• sweetliljasweetlilja Posts: 39 Member
    Wow, love that you give us chance to say things we want before it is created. ❤

My first thoughts was things I know my friend has been knitted. Socks, mittens, hats, scarves, soft toys, blankets, sweaters, headbands, children's clothing, baby blankets, baby clothing. (Yes, I am also hoping babies will be updated some day)

But after I had read some other comments I was really positive about also:
    - Knitted stuff for the kitchen like oven cloth and coasters.
    - And the idea of knitting voidcritters is really cool as for soft toys.
    - I also like the idea of that imaginary friend, but sounds maybe large for a stuffpack. But it could be supercool if we could knit something that could come to life if made with excellent quality or something like that. Like a big toy or a big doll or something.

So... Hmm... More random thoughts...

And some small additions that could be unlocked with our other packs. Something special to be rewarded with if we have multiple packs. Like Christmas tree decorations, pet costumes, knitted spellcaster wand/familiar just as some examples.

Well, about all the things we could create, I really hope they can have many swatches, so it won't be too repetitive, and different Sims can create different styles of their knitting,. And maybe you would need to buy yarn in the correct colors. And need higher skill to be able to knit multiple colors. If possible even. 🤔

Well thank you again!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Knitter of decades with a knitting Gen Z child checking in :)

Things we would both knit:

toques (aka winter hats for non-Canadians)
    winter scarves, including infinity scarves
    fingerless gloves and wrist warmers and legwarmers for indoor warmth
    blankets (the knitting child has done several)
    Aran and Fair Isle sweaters, plus sweaters with images on them
    baby booties
    socks, of course -- lots of socks! including trad Argyle socks
    tea cozies (well, not IRL, yet, but we've talked about them as projects?)

My first ever knitting project was a vest. I managed to make it narrower on one shoulder than another.

My most ambitious project ever was a Kaffe Fassett sweater, one of those ones with a really complicated irregular colour pattern (but, thankfully, as little shaping as an Aran sweater!). My kid's most ambitious project so far has been a very fine cobweb lace shawl.

Ah, my mum used to knit me Kaffe Fassett sweaters (or jumpers if you're a Brit :) ) Every January she would ask me to pick a knitting pattern I liked and she would knit throughout the year so it would be ready for the following Christmas. She knitted the most wonderful woolly pullies for me <3
    So I'd love to see a few elaborate sweaters/jumpers for the highly skilled knitter, plus more basic scarves, woolly hats, mittens, knitted babies'/kids' toys, plenty of cute things for toddlers (animal themed/shaped a la royal baby Archie: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/the-londoner-archie-sparks-rush-on-bobble-hats-a4324716.html)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Ok. I'm probably just echoing people here, but....

I would love to have my sims be able to knit some CARDIGAN sweaters!! And how 'bout some mittens that they could actually wear during the winter?! A hat to go with it, as well??

Maybe, they could also knit some TODDLER outfits for summer. Like, a little kitted overall one piece.

SCARVES!!!! I want my sims to be able to knit some scarves for winter!!

But, with all this.... I want everything to MATCH. And... BE SEPARATE. Not have a hat, mittens, scarf and sweater BE one outfit. NO. I'm talking, having the choice to PIECE each item on your sim, separately.

Thank You
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2020
    some of the biggest neccessities personally
    *more info in spoilers because I feel this is gonna get long*

CAS:

1. Mittens
    especially some patterned ones since as knitter one always looks for cool new pattern
    TUI02_lapaset-tahti_harmaa.jpg
    there could be cute and fun patterns like grilled cheese or cowplants or such on them too
    015a9f7e86f641ee982628df4a0f2d6b.jpg
    and also some that just have textures but are rather plain colored
    Cwu_uKYXgAQcNAS.jpg
    striped ones! for one always has leftover yarn for couple stripes
    882709501787_hi.jpg?altimages=false&scaleup=true&width=614&maxheight=614

2. Woolly socks
    very similarily to mittens there should be some plain ones,striped ones, patterned ones...
    and also it be nice if there was different length like short and long at least
    palmikkosukat%2Bohje%2B7.jpg
    osyksukka-225x300.png
    74532948_657214108018063_4338482282019796454_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=nU0rLBvGv1EAX-qFokB&oh=f027137ade45f1d420db52419958b38b&oe=5EA91B4C
    3. scarves as accessory
    for now we only have scarves as part of outfit which is sort of limiting
    it'd be great to have accessory scarf to lay on top of any clothes we wish
    preferably at least one chunky and one less chunky with various patterns and colors
    Boston5344_5345_Joustinneulekaulaliinajamyssy-2_lrg.jpg
    4. accessory long cardigan
    i keep wanting to have one on top of some clothes and it be cool to have one as accessory
    IMG_0802_Cropped_a7d3fefe-c53b-4e50-ab05-bf05d0c3d83f_1024x1024.jpg?v=1566394937
    5. toddler sock bootsies
    there is so many kinds that I am lost what to choose for example but I guess this is the basic shape for many of them
    dsc04885.jpg
    6. grandma slippers since why not
    m_5badb795c2e9feed459f3a40.jpg

B/B:
    1. Pillows... or well pillow covers that go on pillows you know
    just want some decorative ones to throw on any sofa or chair or such
    7bb73e497e0d7a35e86e72efc523b8b3.jpg
    Knitting-Pillow-case-Fashion-Throw-Pillow-Tassels-Cases-Cafe-Sofa-Cushion-Cover-Home-Decor-ecorative-For.jpg_640x640_68f74528-4ce9-458d-b2d1-d609e04d3a0b_grande.jpg?v=1571720184
    2. Throw Blankets and baby blankets to lay on top of some beds/crib if possible
    (my moms greatest hobby is knitting baby blankets for nonexistent grandchildren and I'd like to recreate that in sims)
    + it just be good object to make sims houses feel more cozy
    117648.jpg
    113639_a_p_001_a.jpg
    3e8d6b_a77ff5164eca49e4aa72bcd518a005ab~mv2.jpg

also it would be great if sims that are not very skilled at knitting would have to knit more plain things or end up with poor quality knits
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RaiOfTardisRaiOfTardis Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be epic if sims could knit Jayne's hat from Firefly or the 4th Doctor's scarf from Doctor Who.
  • theladyalissatheladyalissa Posts: 3 New Member
    Sweaters!! and then we can gift them to our friends and family
  • LariLari Posts: 3 New Member
    I know I made a joke about it on Twitter to simguru ninja, but that terrifying clown thing I think would be awesome in this pack. A return of the tragic clown. It could come to life sometimes akin to the imaginary friend from ts3 which I saw someone else mention in this thread. Maybe it could wreak some havoc or do sometimes do nice things. I feel like things like clothes and accessories are a given in this pack, so it would be nice to have something a little fun and weird too
  • Kuehnama000Kuehnama000 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really like to see knitted stuffed animals. Like for the void critters and the uni mascots. Kindof like sock monkeys
  • WolfMommaWolfMomma Posts: 1 New Member
    For me a big one would be throw pillows and blankets. Especially the ability to put the new pillows/blankets on the couch, chair, bed, or floor.

Another cool one would be a range of plushies/stuffed animals.

And of course scarves, hats, sweaters. Ones you cant get in cas and unlock after your sim makes them or receives them as a gift.
  • JessycazJessycaz Posts: 3 New Member
    I’d love to knit toys that children can play with. My top choices for what type of toy are octopus, narwhal, bunny
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2020
    So aside of the decorative objects I do have some clothing items that would be nice:
    1. Hat - There aren't that many different type of winter hats and a new one would be welcome. Perhaps something cute for adults too.
    2. Poncho - This came to my mind after thinking how lovely our sims would look wrapped up in a blanket.
    3. Scarf - As a separate accessory if possible please.
    4. Mittens - When I learned to knit at school I remember making mittens, socks too, but I think mittens would be nicer for our sims as they don't have any!
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Beard hats! Also balaklavas, chairs, suits.

I have some pictures of stuff here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969634/my-biggest-disappointment-with-knitting-winning/p1
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • RiemunenRiemunen Posts: 2 New Member
    Wool socks, mittens, blankets for beds, sofas or armchairs, walldecor, sweaters, toys for kids. Could there be folklore inspired patterns? They would be so pretty!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited January 2020
    The things I'd like to knit...

Stuffed animals: I'd like to see knitted dolls like Tragic Clown and Claire the bear to tie in past games and give our kids and toddlers something new to play with
    Beanies: But please don't unlock them in CAS before there made it takes out all the game play and reason to even knit.
    Sweaters: Nice sweaters(stylish normal options people actually wear) and ugly sweaters(continue with the style the game has going)
    Blankets: I'd love to be able to knit blankets if only they could be placed on the limited choice beds we got now and overwrite them.
    Socks: With a variety of colors styles and lengths
    Scarves: At least in basic colors like black grey and white and then you guys can go wild

If you guys free the babies before this pack is released I want EVERYTHING you name it I want it for the babies.

Edit... decided to add a picture for one style of beanie I'd like to see the "Slouchy Beanie"
    il_794xN.2088403079_5vw9.jpg
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Starry_flowersStarry_flowers Posts: 1 New Member
    Hmm, there are so many great things to knit. I remember my mother doing baby blankets, hats gloves etc. would love to see some knitted toys for the kids. Some gloves hats too. I know they were mentioned by others as well 🙂🙂
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Hi SimguruNinja,
    I would love to have knitted slippers, as my mum made heaps of those as well as knitted cardigans/sweaters and blankets, she also knitted lace curtains for the windows and then I knitted some hats, scarves and blankets myself as well as a lace table runner, and matching knitted cushions, perhaps have a knitted poufè and knitted rugs and knitted toys for our kids and when you own a business in Sims 4, you can knit toys and sell them. Some awesome idea's for you Dave, cannot wait for this pack! :)
  • hotpinkkt_24hotpinkkt_24 Posts: 7 New Member
    Knitting blankets, sweaters hats and scarfs come to mind! Also some cute decorative decor objects.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    1. Scarves! These, I'd say, are the first thing any knitter makes.
    2. Sweaters! Personal story: I have a striking long red button up sweater (it about goes to the knees) with a wide collar that my grandmother knitted for my mother when my mom was young. It's a bold red and while it's warm and comfortable as it should be, it also just looks incredibly classy. It's not a cozy at home sweater, it's a going out sweater. It's still in pretty good condition and I wear it everywhere, and it's such a great sweater that I've gotten many compliments on it. So something like that would warm my heart. It's probably the most important thing I own.
    3. Plush animals/plush toys. Whether for display or for kids to play with, when I started to crochet, I made plush animals first. They're a must.
    4. Arm warmers/fingerless gloves and leg warmers! Give me some nice, chunky leg warmers.
    5. Hats! Absolutely a few different hats.
    6. Doilies for tables, if not tables that come with doilies on them.
    7. Actual mittens and socks, I suppose might be important, as well.

I imagine this is unlikely, but I'm a crocheter, and I'd love to see crochet in there along with the knitting, even if the items created are the same. But considering how knitting and crochet would each require their own animation, I can see why one would need to be picked over the other, and knitting is the term/method people go to first.

Thank you!
    a63ftuN.png
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'd love Sims to be able to knit: Hats, scarves, shawls, mittens, gloves, blankets, stuffed toys, sweaters, socks, loveys (security blankets) for toddlers or babies.
    Those are the ones I would personally really like to see in the game.

Other options: table placemats, pot holders, baby clothes/booties, pet sweaters, dresses, pillows, wall hangings, handbags, legwarmers, baskets, Christmas stockings.

The reason knitting is important to me is because I first learned it with my Grandma, used to sit and hold skeins of yarn for both her and my Mom while they were winding it into balls (hey, ball winder would be a fun object to have in the pack, even only as a deco item). My favourite sweater ever was one that Mom knit for me. When I picked it up again recently, it was with my daughter and it's since become my meditation and destressing source.

I would love to see that in the pack too: Sims who knit to calm down, get frustrated when something goes wrong in their project, get happy when they finish a project and wear something (extra boost when they're wearing something made by someone who they're close to, sad if it's from someone they lost).

Kids being able to learn to knit would be great (smaller and more colourful needles) to see, as well as maybe french knitting for kids and toddlers. Having a pattern book and being able to learn patterns, maybe getting better at them after making them multiple times and after improvement of the knitting skill (and having ones added for other packs for cross-compatibility).

As a fun thing: I'd love to be able to yarn bomb trees, columns, lamp posts, etc.

(okay so maybe I'm really excited about this pack ;))
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2020
    What kind of things do you expect your Sim to be able to sit down and create?

* Toys for toddlers and kids. Favorite Stuffed animals, hand-puppets (for children to tell their toddler siblings stories with) (Alpaca or Llama would be a cute hand-sock puppet).
    * Scarfs! (Not too bulky, though).
    * Mittens
    * Beanies and other snow hats
    * Holiday Decor: Knitted Garlands, (Christmas Lights, Reindeer, Snowman, ) Stockings to hang on the fireplace! Ornaments (Christmas Trees, Stars, Snowglobes, ornament ball, so many more cute ideas here on Pinterest - the pictures give a better idea of what I'm hoping we'd be able to knit).
    * Sweaters

What are your expectations? What would you like to see?

All of the above. D: Please.
    Post edited by OneAdorkableGirl on
  • JamalRHJamalRH Posts: 1 New Member
    Could we get something bizarre and kind of like a consolation to happy hauntings not winning like a knitted zombie friend that comes alive. It doesnt necessarily have to be creepy but something that is as fun as mittens u kno. Kind of like unravel the game.
  • sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    First of all, I am disappointed that we are only getting one gameplay feature. You could easily turn this into a game pack and include other activities like embroidery and glass fabrication too, EA is a big company and you probably have the resources for that. But we can't always have what we want, right?

For the ideas, I have a long list for you. These are just some ideas that popped into my mind instantly when I thought of knitting. I bet people can come up with a lot more creative ideas too.

***Clothing***

-Gloves
    -Bodysuit Pijamas
    -Skirts
    -Dresses
    -Sweaters
    -Vests/Cardigans
    -Bodywarmers (could be accessories to wear on t-shirts and shirts)
    -Socks
    -Beanies
    -Scarves
    +ALL ABOVE FOR TODDLERS AND KIDS BECAUSE, IN REAL LIFE, PEOPLE MOST COMMONLY KNIT FOR THEIR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS!
    -Pet clothes

***Objects & Decor***

-Knitted dolls, animals, toys
    -Cushions & Functional TV Blankets
    + I'd like to assume that you already have the tech to utilize cushions and blankets with sofas. You could add slots for them be placed on, and I believe you could animate them as sims take cover while watching TV or use them as pillows while they're napping.
    -Blankets & Bed Covers
    -Rugs
    -Knitted Tablecloths & Furniture Covers (Mostly to use on end-tables & coffee tables)
    -Tree-sweaters (if you google it, you'll mostly see crocheted tree-sweaters but in my country, people actually *knit* for trees too!)
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would love all those things BUT above all we need this .. think of the toddlers Dave ... (you can skip the alpha hair if you wish) wQYK6Kw.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Beard hats!
    Also balaklavas, chairs, suits.

I have some pictures of stuff here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969634/my-biggest-disappointment-with-knitting-winning/p1

YAAAAS! Beard hats!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    First of all, I am disappointed that we are only getting one gameplay feature. You could easily turn this into a game pack and include other activities like embroidery and glass fabrication too, EA is a big company and you probably have the resources for that. But we can't always have what we want, right?

For the ideas, I have a long list for you. These are just some ideas that popped into my mind instantly when I thought of knitting. I bet people can come up with a lot more creative ideas too.

***Clothing***

-Gloves
    -Bodysuit Pijamas
    -Skirts
    -Dresses
    -Sweaters
    -Vests/Cardigans
    -Bodywarmers (could be accessories to wear on t-shirts and shirts)
    -Socks
    -Beanies
    -Scarves
    +ALL ABOVE FOR TODDLERS AND KIDS BECAUSE, IN REAL LIFE, PEOPLE MOST COMMONLY KNIT FOR THEIR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS!
    -Pet clothes
    ***Objects & Decor***

-Knitted dolls, animals, toys
    -Cushions & Functional TV Blankets
    + I'd like to assume that you already have the tech to utilize cushions and blankets with sofas. You could add slots for them be placed on, and I believe you could animate them as sims take cover while watching TV or use them as pillows while they're napping.
    -Blankets & Bed Covers
    -Rugs
    -Knitted Tablecloths & Furniture Covers (Mostly to use on end-tables & coffee tables)
    -Tree-sweaters (if you google it, you'll mostly see crocheted tree-sweaters but in my country, people actually *knit* for trees too!)

NICE one!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top