Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• Linzie436728Linzie436728 Posts: 1 New Member
    The options are endless when it comes to knitting, my mum taught me when I was a child and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this pack goes. A few things that I think would be interesting to see are knitted cushions, blankets, jumpers, hats, gloves, pot holders, slippers and possible pouffes. I would love the option for adluts/elders to be able to teach knitting to children but that might be reaching 🤷‍♀️
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2020
    latest?cb=20110428104232
    Imaginary friends
    Could return with the knitting skill, this time you need level 8 knitting skill in order to craft them instead of getting them randomly like in Sims 3.
    Imaginary friends are a new playable occult and are only visible by children, babies and toddlers. For adults they‘re invisible.

Imaginary friends can prank adults because they‘re invisible to them. They‘re extremely happy when around their assigned child. They can also autonomously entertain the child and tell jokes.

Imaginary friends can be turned into human Sims when the child has maximum friendship with the imaginary friend doll.

a256aFi.gif
  • lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    Hats, booties, cardigans or blankets for toddlers would be so cute. I’ve got a baby now and I love the knitted things that my step mum makes us. Also a way to develop storytelling for family players.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Scarves for sure, it would be cool if they could be a CAS item under the necklace category so we could pair them with our winter jackets.

Blankets/afghans would be great too, I realize animating them to go on bed or chairs would be too much for a stuff pack, but maybe we could sell them like painting and wood crafts.

Perhaps oven mitts again like paintings our sims could sell them.
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    I would like to knit a stuffed animal that becomes an imaginary friend if it is offered to a toddler or a child!!!
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    Sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves/mittens, blankets, socks, decorative doilies, oven holders.. Basically, if its knittable, we want to knit it. I really think it would be great if it was heavy on the kids clothing. What knitting grandma doesnt make half the stuff their grandchild wears
  • jodidmorris95jodidmorris95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love it if we could knit [b]gloves[/b] because there is really big lack in gloves suitable for cold weather, [b]scarves[/b] and [b]hats[/b] would be great for gift giving and fun to make.

But the 2 things on top of my list that I would really love to be able to knit is [b]blankets/quilts[/b] and [b]stuffed animals[/b] of all sizes like the medium/large ones to the super small keychain sized ones. We could also give those as gifts to other Sims which would be fun to do. Like a grandmother could knit all of her grandchildren a stuffed animal or blanket of some kind
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Of course things like hats, sweaters and scarves (most def the hats and scarves. They'd be really great to accessorize in the winter with) but also knitted stuffties for kids and toddlers.

ALL THE STUFFTIES!

I still have a knitted worm my grandma made for me when I was a kid. (Granted, it was a knitted sock she'd turned into a worm but, still!). And it sounds weird, but Wormy (I was a very creative child with name's, clearly) was super cute with his pom-pom feet and button eyes.

It'd make it a lot more fun to have our elder Sims be able to knit cute toys for their grandkids 😊. Of course we'd need Llamas and maybe adorable worms 😂.
  • TelevisionbluesTelevisionblues Posts: 1 New Member
    I want to knit baby clothes and baby related things. That would be super cute.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Knitted voidcritters <3
    I was going to suggest stuffed animals, but voidcritters would be even better! I'm definitely hoping we can make some sort of decorative objects and not just clothes. I see blanket being suggested, but how would a blanket work in the game, I just don't see it.
  • jodidmorris95jodidmorris95 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Televisionblues;c-17362578"]I want to knit baby clothes and baby related things. That would be super cute.[/quote]

I didn't think about that that would be really cool to do
  • TheRobinWingTheRobinWing Posts: 2 New Member
    I think scarves might be neat, especially since they're a very common starting point for knitting as far as I know.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    My Grandma didn't knit, but she crocheted, and she made every one of her grandchildren a baby blanket that we all still have, and she would make baby hats to donate to hospitals. Also, back in the day, the year tamagotchi pets were first A THING in the late 90s, she made us all these necklace pouches to hold them in so we wouldn't lose them, and I have so many pictures of my cousins, my sisters, and I with these necklaces on and it's really a great memory. Knitted stuff given to sims as gifts should definitely have associated memory moodlets of some sort.
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • XahnnahXahnnah Posts: 1 New Member
    Sweaters, hats, scarfs, blankets, stuffed animals, and pet clothes! I feel like they should be unlockable like how career outfits are. You shouldn't be able to wear them unless they are actually made. I also think they should be able to be sold via get to work expansion.
  • KazynKazyn Posts: 16 Member
    I'd love to see children's teddies, socks, throws for the sofa or bed, bobble hats and maybe something like macrame to hang plants in or hang decoratively on walls. Oh and tea cosies for the older folk, and cardigans and booties for the babies.
    Find me on Twitch and Twitter
  • Mariofan246Mariofan246 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would like maybe some toys for kids. Maybe a freelance knitter career to give us more ways to create and earn money.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2020
    Y'all are going to laugh, but I'm dead serious here. I want to be able to knit SOMETHING (sweater, doll, slippers, I don't care what it is) that is so ugly it can kill a sim. If I can't have something so ugly it kills, then I want to be able to knit SOMETHING (a shawl, threads of fate, even fuzzy chinchilla slippers) that will bring a sim back to life. Give me some sort of power over life or death with these crazy knitting needles, for the love of all that is green and plumboby! Take pity on this poor occult loving simmer!

Items with functionality:
    1. A ladder. I'm serious, we need ladders and why the heck not knit a ladder? If I climbed up one that we knitted with our hands at a confidence building course my sophomore year of college, then my sims can climb up one they made with their knitting needles in their home. :smirks maniacally: Especially if it comes with the added possibility of breaking and the consequence of imminent doom, aka DEATH. >:)

2. A sleeping bag or even just a blanket that a sim can lay on the floor and sleep on. An alternative to always having to sleep on a regular bed would rock. My cave dwelling sims need something like this!

Before I get Ninja kicked, let me move on to things that might actually be possible. LOL :D

Items with no functionality and are just decor assets:
    1. Rugs
    I don't mind if there are some frilly ones in there, but PLEASE toss in some tattered ratty things that look like they were knitted 3 generations prior and have been a dog's chew toy for at least 1 generation of sims.

2. A bed scarf
    That little swath of fabric draped on the end of most hotel beds, yeah, one of those. It would be awesome to be able to add little personal touches like this to our sim's beds by adding a knitted bed scarf to the end. A couple different colors and textures, and boom, you can really dress up the existing beds with this little decor item.

3. Knitted hats, scarves, and gloves
    These are pretty standard items, but they would be fun to have, especially if we get some tattered swatches in there that are created by sims who have low skill levels. I want a hat that looks like rabid space chinchillas got into a fight with a roving band of acid spitting llamas.

Edit: This was another idea I had from a different thread.
    Knitting duels would be fun. :D If my sim could engage in a knitting contest with the Grim Reaper and win some knitting needles or special yarn that had the ability to capture a sim's soul (and bring them back to life), that would be pretty cool, too! No one dies in Granny's house, at least, not for good. :) LOL

@PHOEBESMOM601 If there is anything you can add to this thread that would make knitting enjoyable for you, please contribute!
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ossi_simsossi_sims Posts: 11 New Member
    What I Would love to able to knit/IDEAS:
    -beanies (that covers the ears)
    -Mittens, gloves, fingerless gloves(my grandma used to knit always Mittens or socks for christmas)
    -socks
    -jumpers
    -blankets
    -scarfs, neck warmers(that could work as necklaces do or just a plain shirt that has scarf top of it)
    -plushies (normal size and giants) (bunny,lamb, elefant, penguin, teddy bear... )
    -Earmuffs?
    -pillows
    -hanging stars, snowflakes, flowers(deco)
    Bags (deco)
    -headbands
    -oven mitts (deco)
    -bracelets
    -knitted baskets (deco)
    -knitted rugs
    -knitted berets
    -if you have c&d knited cat and dog beds
    -vests
    -mug warmers (deco)
    -ankle warmers
    -knitted sun hat
    -Knitted curtains
    -Knitted tapestrys
    -Knitted round (foot)stool
    -knitted coasters
    -ponchos
    -Knitted necklaces, chokers
    -Knitted 'plants'
    -Knitted plant hangers
    There you go, That is all I can think of right now
  • ElizaSaulElizaSaul Posts: 1 New Member
    Socks, sweaters, cardigans, hats, booties for toddlers and/or animals, pet clothes, gloves, blankets, toys like dolls, teddy bears, ext., maybe even some type of decorations would be so fun! 🙂 I’ve seen a few people mention that knitting a toy and giving it to a child would be cool if the toy became an imaginary friend! That would be amazing!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Omg the Imaginary Friends idea is awesome, but it's probably too big for a Stuff Pack. I'd love to have a knitted "Hobbes" from the Calvin and Hobbes comics. <3:'(

I love the Void Critter animals idea! More Void Critter stuff in general, I just love them! But I'd also like some creepy dolls (or that terrifying clown doll that you posted a picture of from your attic!) Maybe if the Sim has a low knitting skill and they fail, they create a creepy animal or doll that makes toddlers cry and Sims tense when they go near it, lol. I'd just like something my Vampire progeny can play with. So please don't exclude black and other dark swatches. (Can you picture Vlad knitting a Cthulhu for his neonate? Lol) o:) On that note, maybe knitted art for hanging on the wall that could include a bat or black cat mural? (Cats could also fall in with the "old crazy cat lady" themes and Spellcasters.)

Something practical that I would really like is winter arm warmers. I make these myself sometimes but with sewing, not knitting. They're like fingerless gloves but they usually go past the wrist and sometimes don't have finger holes, they just fit around the hand with a thumbhole. We could have stripey Cheshire styles, mandala patterns on the back of the hand, chunky knits, mixed colors, solids... (Again, some in solid black would be lovely!) We really don't have anything in CAS for this style of glove in a daily wear, so I think this would be something new that could refresh accessories. :)
    #Team Occult
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Please allow grandparents or adults to be able to teach the kids to learn to knit. ;)
  • DafudgeDafudge Posts: 9 New Member
    Teddy bears for the toddlers and children! Gloves socks and winter hats! Blankets for the beds and placemats for dinner tables as well as placemats for all the other tables(like the white embroidery thingy). Scarfs that can be worn the same way earbuds are! Little blankets to put on the back of the grandma armchair!
  • LynneMLynneM Posts: 1 New Member
    Sweaters for pets!
  • OpalRoseOpalRose Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh my gosh!!! Okay
    blankets
    toddler blankets
    clothing for winter for toddlers, kids, teens, adults, elders.
    Clothes for pets (my grandma has been doing this for her dog for the last 4 months)
    Stuffed animals or toys
    Bed sets
    Slippers
    The options are limitless

It would also be cool if you could make it an option for volunteering since a lot of people i know who knit and crochet mainly do it to donate to the homeless and to nursing homes or abuse shelters
  • VaetaVaeta Posts: 2 New Member
    It isn't knitting, but I really enjoy embroidery. Embroidering things like pillow cases, dish towels, t-shirts, quilted blankets, and basically anything you can get a needle into!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top