Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eeek! Zombies!

I feel like such a nOOb because I've forgotten everything. But is there a way to turn off zombies in NRaas?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    NRaas Retuner is required. You can find the setting on this page, do a Ctrl+F type of page text search on zombie.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Members-Retuner-Settings

Alternatively, a No Zombies standalone tuning mod can be used or moon cycles can be disallowed and set to something other than Full Moon in the built-in Game Options.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Thank you!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    They can't be turned off via Game settings? :confused:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    emorrill wrote: »
    They can't be turned off via Game settings?
    No. Zombies are not a persistent and genetic occult state with an on/off checkbox like the others, full moon zombification is a temporary condition that is supposed to clear up when the sun rises the next morning. And it's probably just as well, as I'm not sure mating with zombies to produce zombie babies is an experience that many players would want to go through although I am sure some might. ;)

There is a way to flush existing zombies out of a world with some kind of modifier+click on the active household's mailbox (I think), but that trick wouldn't stop them from forming again the next time. What I am not as sure about are zombies formed by witches' spells or elixirs and how persistent or temporary the state then becomes as I've never had one of those in my game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited October 2019
    Alchemy can produce both, temporary and permanent zombies, with different level potions. The witch's "Reanimation Ritual" also produces a permanent zombie. However, zombies can always be healed by the witch's "Sunlight Charm", which is lower level than the "Reanimation" spell, unlike most other supernatural states, which need an elixir. Of course, elixirs are also an option for curing zombies.

I actually already used the Reanimation Ritual->Sunlight Charm combo to revert an accidental death. It's probably the quickest way to do that (aside from some potential cheat command that I don't know).
    Post edited by Turjan on
    Goodness I didn't get your tag replying to me back on this @igazor . :grimace: Thank you for the information. :)

I just recently found out that Zombies are pretty dumb in this game and they don't attack your sims brains - they just eat plants, which I think is silly especially for those who are Zombie enthusiasts - so I'm not worried about them nearly as much anymore. ;) They are one of many reasons why I haven't added Supernatural to my game yet. :confused: But now that I know that, I will soon.

What can I say? I'm the odd one out who doesn't love everything Zombies! 🤷‍♀️ Or Supernaturals really...but vampires are fun to play sometimes and I think I'll enjoy the Fairy's the most when I add the SP to my game. Witches and Warlocks are just kinda meh to me.
    (Even though I am a Harry Potter fan. :mrgreen: )
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

I just recently found out that Zombies are pretty dumb in this game and they don't attack your sims brains - they just eat plants, which I think is silly especially for those who are Zombie enthusiasts - so I'm not worried about them nearly as much anymore. ;) They are one of many reasons why I haven't added Supernatural to my game yet. :confused: But now that I know that, I will soon.

Sorry, but yes zombies do attack other sims: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Zombie

"They move with a slow shamble and will attempt to attack and bite other adult and elder Sims. Zombies will also attempt to consume any plants on the lot."

If you get attacked/bitten by one, your sim turns into a zombie, too.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Sorry, but yes zombies do attack other sims: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Zombie

"They move with a slow shamble and will attempt to attack and bite other adult and elder Sims. Zombies will also attempt to consume any plants on the lot."

I have had a sim turned into a zombie from being attacked by a zombie.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

I have had a sim turned into a zombie from being attacked by a zombie.

Same here. I was playing my Simself a few years ago and wasn't paying any attention to her and when I did look at her, she was a zombie. So I had her go over to the Sim that created after my husband and had her attack him and then he turned into a zombie as well. I then sent them to the backyard where the other zombies were and placed a radio down on the ground so that they all could end up dancing to it...lol
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited November 2019
    A few days ago, I had my Sim stand right in front of a zombie and take pictures. She didn't react to him at all. There was nothing else for my Sim to do with her so he wandered off to watch someone play the keyboard. They were at the graveyard and the zombie just stood around, shambled to her car, and drove home, it was SO funny and fun. :D

I don't know what makes the difference between ignoring and attacking. They're not like the mummies, in my experience. Maybe he needed to stand around doing nothing for longer, but you know musicians are too interesting to other Sims. :)

ETA: I've modded my game so I'll only get one zombie spawned, but I didn't know (if) there were supposed to be any in the graveyards, or whatever the vanilla experience might fully be.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!

Oh...guess I was misinformed. :(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited November 2019

Oh...guess I was misinformed. :(

@emorrill, it's okay... :) The good thing when a zombie attacks another sim is that it only last for a few hours before it wears off.

Here is a video that shows how one can turn into a zombie... :)
    https://youtu.be/w8QHmMCalFc

Edit to say that I do believe that if you have the voodoo doll, then you can use the Voodoo Curse on another sim which will turn them into a zombie. I used it on Tammy Parker from the Uni world since she was so mean to the other students.

My SS getting ready to use the doll on her by casting the voodoo curse... >:)
    UMUzinBl.jpg
    Ch5ptrPl.jpg
    K8ZjRyCl.jpg
    T3Eu7ZTl.jpg

Zombie Tammy ambling on over to my SS to attack her... :#
    RYNmxtfl.jpg
    S1aHB6ql.jpg

Zombie Tammy trying to take a shower to wash the curse off...
    fBB4fnOl.jpg

But was unsuccessful of getting rid of the curse...lol
    dj8SDWgl.jpg

As we as unsuccessful of attacking my SS...lol
    VFDrBxll.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Zombies move very slowly so it is very easy to avoid being attacked. I have only had one Sim attacked and that was because I was curious what would happen. He did not get bit and did not turn into a zombie. I had plenty of gardens destroyed though until I decided all gardens would be fenced in.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    http://modthesims.info/d/520154/more-dangerous-zombies.html

Of course if you feel up to being masochistic you can use this mod to make the zombies more dangerous

***WARNING: mod no longer supported by creator***
    This may or may not work on your computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Goodness I didn't get your tag replying to me back on this @igazor . :grimace: Thank you for the information. :)

What can I say? I'm the odd one out who doesn't love everything Zombies! 🤷‍♀️ Or Supernaturals really...but vampires are fun to play sometimes and I think I'll enjoy the Fairy's the most when I add the SP to my game. Witches and Warlocks are just kinda meh to me.

@emorrill - That's because just quoting someone will not give you a notification, you have to write @ and the username, like I did in the beginning of this sentence. Read more about it in this thread.

Zombies can in fact attack sims and turn them into zombies too in TS3 vanilla games, but it seems very rare, and mostly the attacked sim starts to scream and then the zombie backs off and cover its ears with the hands, and that's pretty much it.

You're definitely not the only one who doesn't love zombies! I don't either, which is why I usually have them turned off via the ingame moon phase setting to something other than full moon. That works 100 % in all my games, and besides I don't like that strange greenish bright glow or bloom that comes with the full moon, at least in Moonlight Falls.
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

@emorrill - That's because just quoting someone will not give you a notification, you have to write @ and the username, like I did in the beginning of this sentence. Read more about it in this thread.

Zombies can in fact attack sims and turn them into zombies too in TS3 vanilla games, but it seems very rare, and mostly the attacked sim starts to scream and then the zombie backs off and cover its ears with the hands, and that's pretty much it.

You're definitely not the only one who doesn't love zombies! I don't either, which is why I usually have them turned off via the ingame moon phase setting to something other than full moon. That works 100 % in all my games, and besides I don't like that strange greenish bright glow or bloom that comes with the full moon, at least in Moonlight Falls.
    I like everything else about Supernatural except Zombies.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited January 2020
    Screenshot-135.jpg
    Zombies are more an annoyance than anything else, I usually tune them out with NRAAS Retuner.

If anything, they’re fun to light on fire
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    Screenshot-137.jpg
    Yes, I know; I’ve always been a little sadistic. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Add me to the list of those that dislike Zombies. I only kinda like them when my witch can make the Potent Cure Exilir or can do the Sunlight Charm consistently. You can get good points from performing various numbers of spells.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I was quick to get zombies Modded from my game because it interfered with having them start on empty lots and slowly building houses on their lot.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg