Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this seriously the best EA can do at this point!? ('Tiny Living' RANT)...

Comments

• GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited January 2020
    The only stuff packs i ever bought were the hot tub pack and the bowling night pack. And even that was mainly due to the "build your bundle" feature that i used in order to take advantage of a certain discount that was happening at the time. They are practically trying to milk us for money at this point (then again, this being EA, i'm not too surprised.) Whatever happened to just sticking everything in an expansion pack and calling it a day? Are those extra few bucks really worth alienating the entire community?

Post edited by Gguy on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    @DeKay wrote: »
    LOL, they closed the announcement thread due to all of y'all's complaining. 😂

We were not complaining , we were discussing it. ahahaha And it was on a separate thread that got merged into the announcement thread which was closed from the start!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    tiny versions of objects we have in the game would've been better than just the "murphy bed stuff" pack. like a smaller cupcake machine or a telescope that doesn't take up half of a sims backyard. a murphy bed still takes up lots of space why so no bunk beds?

We're in desperate need for normal sized objects in general... not just the cupcake machine or telescope... even the dollhouses are way too big! The microscopes need to be downsized as well.

Now this would really help in tiny houses, normal dollhouses, telescopes,... And will my spellcaster be able to fit her huge cauldron in a tiny house?

I can't wait to find out what other objects are in the pack, hopefully a few more usable space savers besides a bed that can kill our sims.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    doedear wrote: »
    tiny versions of objects we have in the game would've been better than just the "murphy bed stuff" pack. like a smaller cupcake machine or a telescope that doesn't take up half of a sims backyard. a murphy bed still takes up lots of space why so no bunk beds?

We're in desperate need for normal sized objects in general... not just the cupcake machine or telescope... even the dollhouses are way too big! The microscopes need to be downsized as well.

Now this would really help in tiny houses, normal dollhouses, telescopes,... And will my spellcaster be able to fit her huge cauldron in a tiny house?

I can't wait to find out what other objects are in the pack, hopefully a few more usable space savers besides a bed that can kill our sims.

There's the TV, Radio, Bookcase combo. Don't know what happens when that object breaks....I wonder if it breaks altogether or the TV breaks separate to the radio.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2020
    OP, I'm sorry you're disappointed, it always stinks when something releases that doesn't excite me at all, so I get where you're coming from in your rant.

:winces: I actually do like this theme, though. Sorry! I didn't ask for it, and I certainly didn't expect it, but it's a refreshing surprise for me. I probably won't use the tiny build footprint they have going on, but it's a neat functionality to have, and the more options the better imo. I am actually really excited about the CAS and buy/build assets. Considering I just sent out $60 in thank you donations to CC creators, $10 on a Stuff Pack full of items I will use just as often as I use my favorite pieces of CC, is a fair deal to me.

At least it's not freaking knitting. :D This stuff pack has helped soften the blow for me, in regard to Happy Haunts losing the community vote. :D I'm still pretty sore over that mess. >.< LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks just wanting to pop my head in, you're doing a pretty good job of keeping this discussion constructive which is great. Feedback is always good regardless of if it's negative or positive as long as it's constructive so let's make sure to keep it that way alright.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack according to Sim Guru Graham. @doedear (Apparently so are sleeping bags)

I agree this feels like they purposefully kept Murphy beds out just to make a stuff pack around them. The knitting references is actually a very good point too.
    I'm tempted to buy it because of the clothes, and murphy bed.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I don’t think Tiny Living Stuff Pack is worse than the other stuff packs. I’m going to enjoy it. It’s one of the better in my opinion.

The devs probably have other ideas for the bunk beds. I’m expecting a family oriented game pack or expansion pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    So... the next stuff pack is literally going to be 'Tiny Living'... (AKA: "We didn't have any good ideas, so we scraped the bottom of the barrel to make an entire stuff pack about a Murphy bed!")

No, seriously... the Murphy bed is literally the ONLY new thing coming in this pack... they're pretending it's something we've never had before, but it's not... there has been NOTHING stopping us from building tiny homes before! That has always been an option... so why would they go out of their way to make it a new lot type!? That didn't even make sense!

Ultimately, the stuff pack should've been named 'Sims 4: Murphy Bed Stuff Pack'... because that's basically what it is. They're charging us $10 just for Murphy beds in our game... that's honestly just sad... it's like they have no good ideas left! This is LITERALLY scraping the very bottom of their milking well (which must be running dry at this point).

I won't be buying this stuff pack... just like I didn't buy 'My First Pet'. I won't be paying $10 just to have a Murphy bed in my game.

Everything wasn't shown
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    This seems like a 'building' pack, for the builders among us rather than the players.

The Murphy Bed is just the big feature, although that doesn't mean it's the only special thing coming. Hopefully. And it does look like a fun torture device...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I like the pack but the problem is this all should have been added to DU. It's obvious that they wanted to make more money so they took some things from DU and tried to come up with a quick stuff pack to put it all in.
  • AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    I wanted integrated kitchen appliances. Like stove top and oven and microwave. And oven hood within a cabinet.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @KaeChan2089 And don't forget the fact knitting is in the DU expansion as one of the ways Sims can deface statues belonging to the rival college. That was revealed in a screenshot before DU was released. So, yeah, the entire voting thing feels off. I resent the fact EA believes we don't notice these details, or know not to believe everything the gurus tell us. This newest stuff pack will be the fourth pack that won't make it on my list of future purchases. There is free CC out there that is so close to what is in this pack, I see no need to buy Tiny Houses at all. And that Murphy Bed? Count on that having a high probability push attached to it so your Sims being killed, maimed, tired the next day, or having a negative moodlet will happen ALL the time. Once in a while would be amusing, but given the way these things are done by the teams, it will need a tuning mod to stop it from becoming a constant annoyance. Just one more way for the game engine to control your game is how I see it.

WHAT?!?!?! Are you serious? Anyone got proof on this? (I believe you just wanna see(

edited January 2020
    @KaeChan2089 And don't forget the fact knitting is in the DU expansion as one of the ways Sims can deface statues belonging to the rival college. That was revealed in a screenshot before DU was released. So, yeah, the entire voting thing feels off. I resent the fact EA believes we don't notice these details, or know not to believe everything the gurus tell us. This newest stuff pack will be the fourth pack that won't make it on my list of future purchases. There is free CC out there that is so close to what is in this pack, I see no need to buy Tiny Houses at all. And that Murphy Bed? Count on that having a high probability push attached to it so your Sims being killed, maimed, tired the next day, or having a negative moodlet will happen ALL the time. Once in a while would be amusing, but given the way these things are done by the teams, it will need a tuning mod to stop it from becoming a constant annoyance. Just one more way for the game engine to control your game is how I see it.

WHAT?!?!?! Are you serious? Anyone got proof on this? (I believe you just wanna see(

You didn't know?

x9v4eb0.png

Although, you can't see the threads of yarn or the yarn being knitted bellow the needles. But they might add that to this animation...idk.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm confused logged on here to see this thread. I thought the next pack would be a pack about knitting. Didn't people vote on that? What's this about a Tiny Living pack instead? Can't we already do that on the 20x15 lots. I think I have already been doing that since forever, right? Does this mean there will be an even smaller lot size? I'm really confused about what you guys are talking about since I thought the next pack was supposedly knitting. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited January 2020
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm confused logged on here to see this thread. I thought the next pack would be a pack about knitting. Didn't people vote on that? What's this about a Tiny Living pack instead? Can't we already do that on the 20x15 lots. I think I have already been doing that since forever, right? Does this mean there will be an even smaller lot size? I'm really confused about what you guys are talking about since I thought the next pack was supposedly knitting. :/

The knitting SP will only be released, at either the end of this year or the start of the next, given that the last voting phase is predicted to be, according to the gurus, in April.

We still haven't voted for the individual CAS items, which is next, and then Build/Buy mode.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

You didn't know?

x9v4eb0.png

Although, you can't see the threads of yarn or the yarn being knitted bellow the needles. But they might add that to this animation...idk.

I haven't played DU long enough to see that (got bored too quickly.) wow....just....WOW..now I am seriously convinced.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Hmm, this is seeming more and more like a "My First University" stuff pack but it's getting less vitriol from the public because they were wise enough to not officially name it that.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I mean, it's a stuff pack. There's literally a stuff pack where the only thing they add is washers and dryers (I know, they change your mood so it's ~different~, but isn't that what this new lot trait does?) so there's a market for something that adds space saving furniture and the like. Personally I'll probably wait until it's on sale or I'll add it to a build-a-bundle pack, but again, saying that people are out of ideas when there's literally a pack where all you do is wash clothes is a bit hilarious, especially considering that it was voted on by players.

Also, and this is a separate issue, but why are people so upset about bunk beds? Do people even use bunk beds? I haven't seen a bunk bed since I lived in a dorm in college. I do like the idea of smaller furniture, though, but a bunk bed isn't it.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    edited January 2020
    jooxis wrote: »
    Hmm, this is seeming more and more like a "My First University" stuff pack but it's getting less vitriol from the public because they were wise enough to not officially name it that.

Well at least this one isn't a SP that you can only use if you have another EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Yes. This is the best they can do because of the direction and "vision" of the people ramming this ship straight into an iceberg suck.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Do I love the concept? Yes
    Do I love the furniture I've seen? Yes
    Do I love the CAS I've seen? Yes
    Do I want murphy beds? Yes
    Do I think it's a Discover University leftover? Yes

Exactly my opinion. I love what I’m seeing but they clearly meant to be in Discover University. They charge us twice for the full DU experience. I really hate Stuff Packs at this point. Never before did they make us pay $10 for Murphy Beds as the main feature. They always came in a bigger pack (TS2 Apartment Life, TS3 University Life). Just like laundry. We got laundry (washing machine, clotheslines, laundromat lot type) with TS3 Ambitions but now they make us pay extra.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jooxis wrote: »

Well at least this one isn't a SP that you can only use if you have another EP.

True :) (thought you could still use most of MFPS without Cats and Dogs)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    So they saved Murphy Bed ( that was mostly an object for University pack ) for another pack, I guess Maxis is the new EA now since EA have been trying to redeem itself with Star Wars series.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top