Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living - But

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    What I'm wondering right now is there is knitted clothing in this pack, plus the knitting pack that's going to come...?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the official thread! Like Whaaat?!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    edited January 2020
    What I'm wondering right now is there is knitted clothing in this pack, plus the knitting pack that's going to come...?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the official thread! Like Whaaat?!

Knitting pack will be the My First Pet of Tiny Living. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Leftovers of a Stuff Pack made into another Stuff Pack. Great. Stuff-Pack-ception :joy: Well, the voted one won't be ... uhm ... let's say not my tasty, anyway :joy:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

It wouldn't surprise me. My First Pet Stuff had a lot of recycled assets with different swatches lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Does anyone else remember the days when things like Murphy Beds just happened to be included in expansion packs for Sims 2 and Sims 3, instead of a stuff pack that revolves around them? Because I certainly do.

This stuff pack is honestly the most cringe worthy thing they've ever announced... and yes, I'm even admitting that it's worse than 'My First Pet'... I NEVER thought the day would come when I say that, but it's true... as awful as MFP is, this one takes the cake as the absolute biggest cash grab in the history of The Sims!

We're literally being charged $10 for a new bed... that's it... and yeah, they could've easily included bunk beds and ladders/spiral staircases in this, but no... they wanna be the greedy company they've always been!

Ironically, if they had included bunk beds in this pack, more people would feel inclined to actually buy it... I would say they made a mistake by this, but I know for a fact that it was done on purpose... they're money hungry!

I really wish Sims fans would STOP buying these cash grabs! We need to tell EA that this is NOT okay!

Yes, but that also goes for Hot Tubs, Water Sliders, Butlers, Banquet Tables, Hamsters and so on. This is just their typical business since 2014, I don't know where the surprise is.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    no sleeper couches or beds with under bed storage either. No spiral staircases, ladders, under counter fridges or under counter dishwasher/dryer combos or built in microwaves. No built in cabinets. In short, nothing related to the theme
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited January 2020
    City Living, Parenthood, Discover University and Strangerville were the perfect opportunity to add Bunk Beds and Sleeping Bags. They need to admit that they just don‘t want to do it. I really feel insulted at this point.

Sleeping bags really should have been part of Outdoor Retreat. Don't get me wrong, I'm overall very happy with that pack, it still holds up as one of my most used. But it absolutely would have been the most logical place to add them.

On another note, I think it's worth pointing out that when people talk about being lazy or greedy, I don't think we should focus our ire on the development team/creative team. From what we've probably all heard, it sounds like they are basically worked to death. But the corporate/marketing folks? Absolutely blame them. Poor management, all the way around. I would happily wait an extra month or two between pack releases, and pay full price for those packs instead of waiting for sales, if they would only treat the employees decently and use a little more common sense about what goes into the packs. Give them the time. Give them the money. Let them do it right.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Yep...I am beyond upset, they are playing us so bad and I am done with this game and very done with this so-called "team"
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's EA are we surprised, basically every sims 4 pack is half finished. Not sure why they cant afford to put more effort into them considering they charge $10 for a pack of 5 items and $40 for a small expansion that provides around 5 minutes of gameplay
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Does anyone else remember the days when things like Murphy Beds just happened to be included in expansion packs for Sims 2 and Sims 3, instead of a stuff pack that revolves around them? Because I certainly do.

This stuff pack is honestly the most cringe worthy thing they've ever announced... and yes, I'm even admitting that it's worse than 'My First Pet'... I NEVER thought the day would come when I say that, but it's true... as awful as MFP is, this one takes the cake as the absolute biggest cash grab in the history of The Sims!

We're literally being charged $10 for a new bed... that's it... and yeah, they could've easily included bunk beds and ladders/spiral staircases in this, but no... they wanna be the greedy company they've always been!

Ironically, if they had included bunk beds in this pack, more people would feel inclined to actually buy it... I would say they made a mistake by this, but I know for a fact that it was done on purpose... they're money hungry!

I really wish Sims fans would STOP buying these cash grabs! We need to tell EA that this is NOT okay!

but you're not paying 10$ just for a murphy bed.. you also get new cas and build/buy stuff... as it is a stuff pack. remember when we used to pay twice as much for sims 2 and 3 stuff packs that didn't have any new gameplay items?
  • AmandaBeuryAmandaBeury Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm seriously glad I'm not the only one missing those spiral stairs from TS3. That should have been a given (same with bunk beds) with a tiny living pack. Not just a murphy bed.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

Stuff packs take about a year to develop. When they added the CAS to the Tiny Living pack they may not even known they were going to do another community stuff pack, or had the themes selected. There was certainly no reason for them to hold back on the mere whisper of an idea that months later, the community would vote for Arts and Crafts as a theme and knitting as an activity.

Now, if Tiny Living had been announced before the community stuff pack voting started, people might have voted for a different theme or activity, but that's not what happened.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2020
    Slightly confused why people think there's an issue with there being knitted clothing in this pack. We've always had knit sweaters in the game.

As for what's in the pack, there's the Murphy bed (with new animation) AND new combo objects AND a whole system around the tiny houses themselves.

I also want bunk beds, mind you, but given the climbing thing, and Sims having to be able to both do things on effectively the same tile, I can see how there are bigger development issues for them. At this point, I feel like they really ought to be a free object, though, so they aren't taking away from what else we get in a pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Also, "knit items in CAS" is not the same as "knitting the activity." Even if they include the ability to make some knitted items with the activity, the CAS styles that they showed off in the last vote didn't include the same kind of styles as in the Tiny Living pack, at least for the most part.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    In the interests of tiny living I would rather have seen different space saving beds. But I guess that would fall under this:

A lot of stuff packs have had more than one game play object.

City Living, Parenthood, Discover University and Strangerville were the perfect opportunity to add Bunk Beds and Sleeping Bags. They need to admit that they just don‘t want to do it. I really feel insulted at this point.

I was definitely thinking the same thing; they might be too much for a stuff pack but it's not like they haven't also released a handful of EPs so...excuses...
    edited January 2020
    Slightly confused why people think there's an issue with there being knitted clothing in this pack. We've always had knit sweaters in the game.

As for what's in the pack, there's the Murphy bed (with new animation) AND new combo objects AND a whole system around the tiny houses themselves.

Indeed. Knitted clothing seems like an odd thing to get in an uproar over.
  • VYXVYX Posts: 19 Member
    There's a lot of potential with objects that could've been included in this pack that would support tiny living and make it different from previous build/buy items seen in previous packs, like bunk beds, ladders/spiral stairs, or an object with 2 functions or is expandable (stairs/storage, 1 slot dining table that can be extended). Makes me wonder if the team has watched any tiny house building show as research for this pack 🤔
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    VYX wrote: »
    There's a lot of potential with objects that could've been included in this pack that would support tiny living and make it different from previous build/buy items seen in previous packs, like bunk beds, ladders/spiral stairs, or an object with 2 functions or is expandable (stairs/storage, 1 slot dining table that can be extended). Makes me wonder if the team has watched any tiny house building show as research for this pack 🤔

Maybe it would have been a great GP... Still, I'm looking forward to what it *does* have. I'd have loved to see some of these other things too!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member

I like the knitted wear in Tiny Living. They look knitted, but a bit nicer and perhaps thinner than what I expect we might get in the Discover Knitting pack. I hope that pack will also include some "ugly" jumpers etc, if crafted by someone with less skills. So, I'm totally fine with knitted wear in this pack, in fact those sweaters might be what turns me over to buy it :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This will sound like me defending EA, but I realize that the developers, etc, need to make a living especially to maintain a "live service". So, that doesn't bother me. I would like to see more re-invested such as new animations and expanded gameplay. I am in complete agreement that I'd have liked to see an extra wow factor in IL, for example.

Stuff packs ... are inexpensive and very optional. I like having different stuff. If I have to recycle too many of the same objects and clothes, I'd get bored. I think I must be a fairly visual player. I like creating different visual environments and seeing everything change.

Anyway, I see the point about murphy beds, that they could have been in DU or CL. I don't mind them in a stuff pack though. I wouldn't just be getting this pack for the murphy bed, I think it will be helpful for building and decorating. I also do have some tiny houses that might want space-saving objects. I did get Perfect Patio essentially just for the hot tubs. Meh, that was my decision.

I don't think stuff packs are a problem. I do think EPs need to make sure that their value is really clear.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I learned about this pack today, and I got to say I'm surprised there was no spiral staircases and even ladders.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

but you're not paying 10$ just for a murphy bed.. you also get new cas and build/buy stuff... as it is a stuff pack. remember when we used to pay twice as much for sims 2 and 3 stuff packs that didn't have any new gameplay items?

A stuff pack in the sims 2 was 9.99 in my country, the same price as a sims 4 stuff pack. The difference is sims 2 didn’t need stuff packs as the expansions were full of content.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think the concern with knitted wear being a focus in this pack is because it’s very convenient that shortly after a knitting stuff pack wins we are getting a pack featuring knitwear, it does look very odd and I can see why people are thinking it looks like the vote was decided. For me, my concern is when the knitting stuff pack comes out it will heavily re colour those items because re colouring cas items is something they like to do. And we got a whole pack with that- looking at you my first pet.

I also don’t actually think it’s fair to shame players or label people as negative for not liking this pack or the concept. Everyone has their own opinions and what I’ve said above isn’t hurting anyone the same way someone saying they can’t wait to buy it doesn’t bother me. Why would it?

I like the concept of tiny living. I’m so far really not keen on what looks like a Murphy bed stuff pack. A new lot trait doesn’t seem appealing as the perks are very easily achieved in game. Most importantly we can already build tiny homes. That’s my opinion.

None of the topics on this subject specify positive comments only (or indeed the opposite) If you own all the dlc for this game you have paid over £600. People have the right to their opinions over a product they have purchased and as long as they aren’t trying to de rail someone’s thread, attacking another player and being polite, I don’t think it’s okay to criticise people for having a different opinion.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I think the concern with knitted wear being a focus in this pack is because it’s very convenient that shortly after a knitting stuff pack wins we are getting a pack featuring knitwear, it does look very odd and I can see why people are thinking it looks like the vote was decided. For me, my concern is when the knitting stuff pack comes out it will heavily re colour those items because re colouring cas items is something they like to do. And we got a whole pack with that- looking at you my first pet.

I also don’t actually think it’s fair to shame players or label people as negative for not liking this pack or the concept. Everyone has their own opinions and what I’ve said above isn’t hurting anyone the same way someone saying they can’t wait to buy it doesn’t bother me. Why would it?

None of the topics on this subject specify positive comments only (or indeed the opposite) If you own all the dlc for this game you have paid over £600. People have the right to their opinions over a product they have purchased and as long as they aren’t trying to de rail someone’s thread, attacking another player and being polite, I don’t think it’s okay to criticise people for having a different opinion.

Thank you, I was trying to find something to word this....
    -clap- this -clap- is -clap- why -clap- some -clap- of -clap- are -clap- in-clap- an uproar -clap- about!!!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Because there is a group on here that simply just love to complain for the sake of complaining. It’s always the same exact people, many of whom have stated on other threads that they haven’t played S4 since release or shortly after, who are alway on the S2 & S3 threads but come over here as soon as there is a new pack trailer and start dropping negativity bombs into the middle of everyone’s threads. It’s the same group who built an entire complaining thread about DU one day after the 2 minute trailer was released and we still didn’t really know anything about it, but at least then they basically kept there negativity to themselves.

Then if you go into their negative thread and defend S4 or suggest they at least wait until there’s more info they’re insulted. How dare you bring your positivity into our negative thread? Even though we don’t think twice about tearing apart your positive ones. Calling you sellouts, and implying you’re destroying the franchise because you enjoy this iteration of The Sims. It’s old, and it’s tiresome. They don’t like S4, they never have like S4, they never will like S4 no matter what the devs do with it or don’t do with it and that’s fine. What I don’t understand is why they have to leave the threads for the iteration they do like and play to trash those of us are happy with this game.

I really had to get that off my chest. 😕

And we are in an uproar about them pulling a item that was clearly meant to be in DU only to slap a price tag on it. Some of us see through this utter nonsense, but if you rather pay $10 for the heck of it , go ahead.

Me buying it is all but a done deal. I love this version of the game, I tried the other 2 versions and hated them both because I couldn’t get past the ugly sims, the crummy graphics and the muddy dull colors but, you don’t see me anywhere on the threads for those versions trashing them and telling people they’re killing the game for liking them, yet others feel free to come into the threads of people who are happy paying S4 and spewing nastiness and negativity. Like I said, it’s tiresome.

I get there are aspects of the game that could be improved and features that would be great, and I truly believe that the devs are really trying to accommodate as much of that as they can. If you don’t like S4, fine that your prerogative go play 2 & 3. But I don’t understand why so many are totally bent on trying to suck the fun and joy out of it for the rest of us.