Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SP16 Tiny Living Stuff : Are you enthusiast ?

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    No
    Just in case some people haven't realized yet, this stuff pack was literally just made for the sake of adding Murphy beds into the game... you're all literally excited about paying $10 for a bed... just saying! They should've just called this pack "The Sims 4: Murphy Bed Stuff Pack"... because that's what it is.

Other than the Murphy Bed, this stuff pack is literally just giving us everything we could already do... what stopped us from making tiny homes before? NOTHING!

They could've easily included Murphy Beds in another game or expansion pack, but they decided milking it was the way to go! Anything to rob us all of an extra $10... that's the EA way!

I guess this will be the second stuff pack in the franchise's history that I will NOT be buying! EA, I'm not falling for your old tricks... I won't be paying you $10 for a bed...

My thoughts EXACTLY!

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Yes
    i think it's cute, it was a nice surprise. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yes
    I will buy it because I buy everything, but I’m not overly excited. I think I’ll use the build/buy a lot, but have very little interest in the CAS or new lot trait. I feel like the CAS looks too much like what we already have, but I do like at least one new hair and necklace (I’ll decide more once I get a closer look). I think the build/buy will work great with Uni and for apartments, plus it’s just a style I like in general. Overall I think I’d get my $10 worth out of it, but I’m not counting down the days for it either.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I am interested in this pack. I will definitely get it, though I am not sure if I will get it right away or wait for a sale.

Then again I already liked the idea of tiny furniture that was posted here back in june.
    But I hope we get some more space savers besides the murphy bed.
    The only thing I would have liked to see in a tiny living pack that I didn't notice in the trailer is a normal sized telescope.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    I'll catch it on sale.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes
    I really like what I saw in the video. I can see all the new items and assets fitting well into builds that I already have so I'm all for it.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    I can't stand (and never use) tiny houses so this is another pack I won't buy.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Yes
    They made an entire stuff back for laundry, which I thought dumb. I still bought it for the fashion. For the price, I'm more willing to buy this one for the Murphy bed, furniture, and fashion I've seen so far. At least I'll use it more than the bland laundry day things.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    It looks like we'll be getting some nice new items - I especially like the stuff for CAS. :smile:
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No
    No.

''My first discover University stuff''
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Yes
    I never play in or build big houses, so I am looking forward to that pack. I am not a builder, but I guess some of thus stuff is useful for small apartments :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    Many of my sims live in small spaces at first before moving up to a medium build so I'm interested to see and use the stuff in it.
    I like that tv console, and of course the murphy bed. I like the furniture style overall, it looks like it will blend well with MidCentury stuff we have now from other packs... so more filler and options for decorating and choices is always good for me.
    I probably won't work with the tile limits and actual tiny living personally.. maybe.
    I'm liking the comfortable looking clothes also.. a lot of my sims dress like that.
    Overall I'm not super duper excited for the theme itself but the stuff/CAS will fold right in with my game nicely so I guess that makes my vote a yes?
    The big question is murphy bed death or just abuse??? Details please!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I play on lots that are no larger than 20x30 and frequently find myself in apartments that are even smaller, so this stuff pack is extremely exciting for me! The furnishings for these tiny homes will make my current spaces more functional. I won't use the tiny home build feature, but I will use the heck out of the assets in my apartments and in my existing small homes. Everything in The Sims 4 is so gigantic, so it's nice to see some combination furniture that will save space AND (the most important part) possibly kill a few sims. LOL >:)

I also liked what I saw for CAS.

@Hermitgirl SimGuruNinja said the murphy bed can kill your sims, but that they also provided a way to protect your sims from it. There will be no protection in my households... MUAHAHAHAHA. LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Yes
    BUT I usually only get Stuff Packs in a bundle, so I'll probably get to play this later than everyone. I like the style of the B/B, looks like it can be matched with a lot of the Bowling and Get Famous items.

What intrigued me the most in the trailer is that it looks like we will now be allowed to place objects closer to each other than usual? Probably one of the perks of the new lot type? (In one of the rooms in the trailer [around the 0:32 mark], there were a sink and a chair in very close proximity to a door. Of course you can turn moveobjects on, but your Sim would complain that they're blocked.) If that is indeed the case (and not just a "Does not represent actual gameplay" thing), then that has me very excited. I also wish existing surface/storage items get more slots to place more objects on them.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    I'm surprised the Devs took so long to think up a pack like this.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    My answer is kinda.
    I love all the items I've seen, but I think just the murphy bed isn't enough. This theme would be perfect for cooktops, ladders and bunkbeds. They could at least add one of those items + the murphy bed. So lacking.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm surprised the Devs took so long to think up a pack like this.

They thought about it before the Laundry Day pack came out, but only got around to doing it recently.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    I like the concept but it doesn't really add anything to the game so I'll save the money and just carry on building tiny houses in the base game. However, it should inspire people to make more small homes on the gallery so I guess that's a win
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    No
    I love mid century modern furniture and it will go great with the Bowling SP and Get Famous EP furniture. But I am not enthusiast. I don't really see the complete point of the new lot type and I think ladders, bunkbeds, and small telescope should have been a given for such a concept. Maybe we get some of those on the upcoming patch?
    I also don't get the relationship boost for tiny homes since it should be the opposite actually. Living in a confine space puts extra stress in any relationship.
    We don't know much yet but on the other hand it's an SP so I don't think there's muh else to know.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Yes
    Just in case some people haven't realized yet, this stuff pack was literally just made for the sake of adding Murphy beds into the game... you're all literally excited about paying $10 for a bed... just saying!

That's your assumption.
    But, I actually never used murphy beds when we had them before and I don't care now. I actually want it for the other stuff and gameplay additions, small though they may be. And I've never paid full price for a pack, ever. I always wait for half off sales, and it's worth $5 to me.

Even for players who want to pay full price, and for whatever parts they are interested in, well... that's up to them and it's their money. It's not any weirder than blowing money on a poster for your wall, a book you'll read once, a couple coffees, or the Pop's I collect. It's all just stuff we don't need but can buy, so we do.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    The theme is ok I guess, but a Murphy bed isnt enough of a selling point for me, and we already can make tiny homes in BG. I heavily doubt that this will be worth $10, so Im willing to wait on a good sale or birthday money to cover the cost.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    No
    I’m always excited for more furniture and stuff!

But I play on console, so I don’t have the benefit of mods and CC like I did in previous iterations.

I’m completely indifferent about the theme. I don’t understand the fascination with tiny homes or Murphy beds. If they wanted to give us reduced footprint, they really should have included things like wall ovens, countertop stoves, the trash compactor, adding the cupcake options to ovens, a fully functional mini fridge, smaller telescope and microscope, ladders, an actual modular sofa system. Gives us a 1 tile sofa that snaps together! Why can’t it have corner pieces etc like kitchen counters too!
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No
    I don‘t know. I love tiny homes but this doesn‘t feel like a tiny living pack to me. It’s a murphy bed stuff pack.
  • Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I'm a fan of building tiny and smaller homes. I often gut an apartment and allow my starter sim to live in a small portion of the space. I take away most of their money too, because I'm mean like that LOL I like that it's a new lot trait with perks! Yes, I can build a tiny home already, but if I fill it with treasures or finer furnishings, my bills go up. I'm happy about the murphy beds (with optional death) and the one tile items I saw in the trailer. However, I do think bunkbeds are way overdue as are ladders.

Other space saving items I'd love to see in the future: sleeping bags, Japanese futons, functional loft beds that I can place usable items (like a kitchen) under, one tile wood burning stove (functions as a heat source and can cook items like stew, off the grid), one tile closets, functional drawers and book cases that fit under stairs. Oh and the ability to sleep (not just nap) on a couch. Give me all the tiny and vintage/retro items. I'm greedy like that :)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes
    This is the first pack since island living after watching the trailer I’ve been excited about. I love the concept and bb stuff. However I have to admit the cas items don’t look amazing. In sims 3 I only ever used the Murphy bed for my teen sleep overs and I was not too fussed about them in sims 4 but I love the style of them. This is a pack I am very surprised at in a good way and feel it suits my gameplay style