Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new space-saving 1 tile desk in this Pack

I really like to use these 1-tile desks, but we only got one in City Living and MFP Stuff.
7WZrWn4.jpg0f1prdM.jpg
I‘d like to see more variety of these single desks. Would fit right into this knitting stuff pack, as you need a place to knit.
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2019
    Something like this would be awesome
    408ece64753391e34509970c1b7b7650.jpg
    Calvin+Freestanding+L-Shaped++Ladder+Desk.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

that would be cool
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Well we won't get that if "Granny Chic" wins so vote accordingly.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    There are also a couple of one-tile desks for kids - I'm not sure if they are base-game or came with the Parenthood pack. They have the advantage of not being tall, which helps if you don't want the desk blocking your view of other things. (I don't like to rotate or zoom - I set up my houses with the tall stuff toward the back.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2020
    I want them to do another Ikea collab. The sims 2 one, was amazing. I remember I used to use the items all the time. (That desk looks really nice, I would use it if it was in game).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really like to use these 1-tile desks, but we only got one in City Living and MFP Stuff.
    7WZrWn4.jpg0f1prdM.jpg
    I‘d like to see more variety of these single desks. Would fit right into this knitting stuff pack, as you need a place to knit.

Parenthood has one as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Is that from Ikea? I love it! I wish they'd partner with them or with H&M again. Moschino was a disappointment. The gameplay and buy mode were nice though but that had nothing to do with the brand lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Good prediction! 😂😂
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I also would like some more one tile desks. Looks like we will be getting a new 1 tile desk with tiny living.
    As an alternative I use one tile tables, put a pc on them and a chair in front of them, just to have a bit more variety.
    Those desks in the picture look so really nice @FreezerBunnyCowplant .
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I just hope its not another recolored object with a few small differences. Like... They added a counter on Realm Of Magic thats obviously a base game one with different colors and details on it, and its so enraging.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    This would improve my sim's life no end! Especially when playing Rags to Riches, I don't want to have to expand my walls to add in a computer.
    banner.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    7WZrWn4.jpg0f1prdM.jpg

Parenthood has one as well.

did not know this, had parenthood ages to. lol :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    A one-tile desk is a fabulous idea. I always want to use them but think both of the ones the game currently offers are very child-centered or basic. Love the idea of having shelve space built in above.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    A one-tile desk is a fabulous idea. I always want to use them but think both of the ones the game currently offers are very child-centered or basic. Love the idea of having shelve space built in above.

There's one in Parenthood that is fairly plain and rather old-fashioned looking, with no shelving unit on top. I rather like that one and find it versatile. I also find the City Living version (the first one we got) with the shelving -- it works in most decors. The only one that it too childish is the Pets stuff pack version. Tiny Living comes with a nice new 1 tile desk as well, which is more all-purpose and ikea-looking (but with no top). Personally, I really want more 1-tile book shelves that are low (ie., that could fit under a window) as well as 1-tile dressers. A 1-tile closet might be nice to have too.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

There's one in Parenthood that is fairly plain and rather old-fashioned looking, with no shelving unit on top. I rather like that one and find it versatile. I also find the City Living version (the first one we got) with the shelving -- it works in most decors. The only one that it too childish is the Pets stuff pack version. Tiny Living comes with a nice new 1 tile desk as well, which is more all-purpose and ikea-looking (but with no top). Personally, I really want more 1-tile book shelves that are low (ie., that could fit under a window) as well as 1-tile dressers. A 1-tile closet might be nice to have too.

The Parenthood one is pretty versatile - it comes in kid-colour swatches, but there are a couple of swatches that work for adult Sims.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    We also got one in Parenting, and I'm pretty sure I saw one in the trailer, so your wish has (probably) been granted.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like the writing desk. It’s a 1 tile desk. I’m not sure which pack it came with. I think it’s labeled as a teen desk. I’d also like more 1 tile desks. It would be nice if the kids just pushed the computer keyboard out of the way so they could do their homework on it too! :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 4 University, Parenthood &
    Tiny Living have 1 grid desks.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I really like the SIMSpiration pics you posted and since it was raining and I had time, I decided to make one of them.

It is a Maxis Match desk and uses wood textures from the Tiny Living pack.

Requires Base Game Only
    Comes in 4 Basic Swatches
    Fits Perfectly between 2 walls!

You can Download it on my Tumblr
    https://simthingnew.tumblr.com/post/625317798199050240/maxis-match-modern-1-tile-desk

***Sorry, I'm new to the forum and can't figure out how to post an image of it!
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I really like the SIMSpiration pics you posted and since it was raining and I had time, I decided to make one of them.

Requires Base Game Only

https://simthingnew.tumblr.com/post/625317798199050240/maxis-match-modern-1-tile-desk

Oooo, it's perfect and looks great in the game! I love the 'ladder' style of it. We don't have a whole heck of a lot to choose from for single tile desks (in game or cc), so thank you for making one and sharing it!

:)

Here's a picture of the desk Chicklet made, if anyone is curious:

cbcdf30def6029785532835fd77ffaf9da45ed63.png

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

Requires Base Game Only

It looks AMAZING. And, I htink you have to post X number of times before you can psot pictures.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020

Requires Base Game Only

Oooo, it's perfect and looks great in the game! I love the 'ladder' style of it. We don't have a whole heck of a lot to choose from for single tile desks (in game or cc), so thank you for making one and sharing it!

:)

Here's a picture of the desk Chicklet made, if anyone is curious:

cbcdf30def6029785532835fd77ffaf9da45ed63.png

Wonderful! :) I normally dont use build/buy cc, but in this case im making an exception!