March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treat Showdown Is Exhausting

2...Next

Comments

• RachelewRachelew Posts: 5 New Member
    It takes forever for it to reload after you have used your chances. It’s frustrating when you have an 80-90 percent chance of success and it doesn’t work it’s like those don’t even matter at all. The game just keeps making you spend money with little rewards. It’s impossible to complete these quests and tasks. You end up spending so much money and not succeeding and going forward at all it’s very frustrating and makes me want to quit playing all together
  • hhlhhl Posts: 1 New Member
    After the first showdown, I thought twice about putting too much into it. I had assumed it would be a rare event so wouldn’t mind too much to splurge a bit. Ha. Well, I did save up enough resources not to have to add real money. By the end, I was left with maybe 20% of simoleons, 1/3 cupcakes, simcash only spent 50 or so, and did’t get enough tokens to open all boxes. Pretty discouraging and that doused all initial enthusiasms.

Since then, I just check out the grand prizes to see if they look interesting, no longer pressured chasing after all prizes and colors. I still participate in these events. Whatever drops out of the sky is a bonus. Simply trying to enjoy the game.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Re-downloaded this game to try out this Sweet Treat Showdown with Laundry Day SP items from TS4 and nothing much changed. At first, my sim won back to back as long as she had at least 70% or more but now, she loses... even at 90%+ in the FIRST ROUND. The first round, y'all.

I'm not even upset because I tried again this time around with low expectations. I'm feeling meh about it. All I know is, I won't be spending another dime on this game -- my decision is even more solidified now. I may end up deleting the game again. My phone won't mind the extra internal storage.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    Exhausting is way too kind for this. It is not even fun. None of it and the prizes are lamer every time. I have hardly participated, have a few dollars left and will use and probably delete too.
  • ItsMeTeeItsMeTee Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone 😊
    How many sweet treat challenges are we supposed to get in 24 hours?
  • Photogirl419Photogirl419 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m new to the Sims mobile & it’s been a learning curve. I’ve only played in a few Sweet Treat events, but this latest one is super lame. The “prizes” aren’t even worth playing for & and the grand prizes just aren’t worth the effort. I bought the Pro ticket, but it’s a waste of money.
    I gotta say, this seems like an event created by accountants... expensive & boring. I won’t be playing it again.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    So they've done this event before, and haven't improved on player feedback, prices are still stupid, 5 cupcakes for %20 boost or 1,200 simoleons for %18... of course it varies but it's like they haven't worked out the worth of anything.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • Nandy162Nandy162 Posts: 3 New Member
    I swear, this whole sweet treat challenge has been just too much! I really wanted to get the grand prize for which I worked really hard! It fails even at 95% which really just puts me off so much! I swear it's really frustrating and annoying. I means it's ok to keep the grand prize at the end but this whole random winning and losing irrespective of percentage of success rate is really unfair!
  • Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    The sweet treat challenge leaves quite a bad taste in my mouth. Tired of how hard to not fail and the amount of energy that comes off each time you do one of the tasks.
  • Smurfy_Sim1Smurfy_Sim1 Posts: 7 New Member
    I rarely use any of my resources (simolians/cupcakes/ect) and am able to get all the prizes minus the grand prizes by being sure to arrive at every available competition. Remember you can end the competition early. I rarely finish the competitions, but the tokens do add up and will result in acquiring all the prizes available (minus the grand prizes). 👻💃🕺🏼💎
  • Nandy162Nandy162 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't get why do they give options for sweet treat events with such low tokens and royal tokens to earn from! From a shift of 7 hrs 37 mins all we get is 60 tokens and 1 royal token and some 500 simoleons! Like seriously! 😑 y on earth would I put my sims to work on that!??
  • awesome_Annie1awesome_Annie1 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Photogirl419 said:
    > I’m new to the Sims mobile & it’s been a learning curve. I’ve only played in a few Sweet Treat events, but this latest one is super lame. The “prizes” aren’t even worth playing for & and the grand prizes just aren’t worth the effort. I bought the Pro ticket, but it’s a waste of money.
    > I gotta say, this seems like an event created by accountants... expensive & boring. I won’t be playing it again.
    I accidentally posted someone's post I only was going to respond to. I'm sorry. 🙄 I'm a dufus.
    I am so done purchasing the sweet treat ticket. You're truly paying too much (especially in Canadian funds!) and all you're really getting is 6 extra sugar cubes. The golden mixer is always charging you sugar now.. (almost always anyway).. The choice of 18% costs 4 cubes, with the ticket you will sometimes be charged 2 cubes for the 18 pts!? Wow great advantage. I'm really, truly annoyed at the greed of EA. Sorry but that's how I feel now. It used to be almost worth it to buy a ticket. Now it truly is NOT.
  • RheanairRheanair Posts: 2 New Member
    I was at round 5 and I used 6 sugars for 32%. I had total 92% chances and still got a dessert disaster. No idea what am I supposed to do. I use my sugars very carefully. And yet this is what happens to me everytime I go for sweet treat showdown challenge. I've just passed 1 or barely 2 challenges in these years. You guys need to improve this issues. We bring it above 90% and still it gives us desert disaster. I humbly request you to look into this problem and solve it for us.
    Thank you
  • RogueBettieRogueBettie Posts: 2 New Member
    I have NEVER won the final round of a Sweet Treat Challenge. Never.
    It’s a definite cash grab. And I don’t pay money to play games on my phone.

Guess that’s why I never win and I always run out of time to do challenges, even if I play the game all darn day!
  • RheanairRheanair Posts: 2 New Member
    Everytime I play STS it gives me a desert disaster even if I have 94-96%. It is very disappointing. I don't feel like participating. The prizes are not even worth playing. Just wanted to get the grand prize. But it's very exhausting and disappointing.