Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this seriously the best EA can do at this point!? ('Tiny Living' RANT)...

So... the next stuff pack is literally going to be 'Tiny Living'... (AKA: "We didn't have any good ideas, so we scraped the bottom of the barrel to make an entire stuff pack about a Murphy bed!")

No, seriously... the Murphy bed is literally the ONLY new thing coming in this pack... they're pretending it's something we've never had before, but it's not... there has been NOTHING stopping us from building tiny homes before! That has always been an option... so why would they go out of their way to make it a new lot type!? That didn't even make sense!

Ultimately, the stuff pack should've been named 'Sims 4: Murphy Bed Stuff Pack'... because that's basically what it is. They're charging us $10 just for Murphy beds in our game... that's honestly just sad... it's like they have no good ideas left! This is LITERALLY scraping the very bottom of their milking well (which must be running dry at this point).

I won't be buying this stuff pack... just like I didn't buy 'My First Pet'. I won't be paying $10 just to have a Murphy bed in my game.
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'll wait until I can bundle this one with an EP and GP during a sale. If they release an EP or GP I actually want. Or I'll wait until Sims5 comes out then grab anything I want at a hefty discount. Seriously, it does look as if the teams are running out of fresh ideas that appeal to everyone rather than just a few. Over thirty packs have been released for Sims4, and it still feels half finished to a lot of us. Next month is a big one for The Sims franchise. A twenty year anniversary that I hope EA doesn't skip over with no recognition. It's a big deal to the fans that have remained faithful for all these years so I have set my expectations fairly high for new content. Free content with a bit of new gameplay thrown in would help get rid of the bad taste in my mouth I get every time they announce an 'exciting' new pack that includes content that should have been included in a previously released EP.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @KaeChan2089 And don't forget the fact knitting is in the DU expansion as one of the ways Sims can deface statues belonging to the rival college. That was revealed in a screenshot before DU was released. So, yeah, the entire voting thing feels off. I resent the fact EA believes we don't notice these details, or know not to believe everything the gurus tell us. This newest stuff pack will be the fourth pack that won't make it on my list of future purchases. There is free CC out there that is so close to what is in this pack, I see no need to buy Tiny Houses at all. And that Murphy Bed? Count on that having a high probability push attached to it so your Sims being killed, maimed, tired the next day, or having a negative moodlet will happen ALL the time. Once in a while would be amusing, but given the way these things are done by the teams, it will need a tuning mod to stop it from becoming a constant annoyance. Just one more way for the game engine to control your game is how I see it.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @KaeChan2089 & @Paigeisin5
    I have to agree with you both! I’m not one to usually believe in the “conspiracy” type stuff, but the knitting references and actions in both packs are hard to ignore. :/
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack according to Sim Guru Graham. @doedear (Apparently so are sleeping bags)

I agree this feels like they purposefully kept Murphy beds out just to make a stuff pack around them. The knitting references is actually a very good point too.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    tiny versions of objects we have in the game would've been better than just the "murphy bed stuff" pack. like a smaller cupcake machine or a telescope that doesn't take up half of a sims backyard. a murphy bed still takes up lots of space why so no bunk beds?

We're in desperate need for normal sized objects in general... not just the cupcake machine or telescope... even the dollhouses are way too big! The microscopes need to be downsized as well.

Bear in mind one of the new community stuff pack options was smaller microscopes as paid dlc, don’t expect them to give us them for free. :o

And yes I agree, I don’t buy that bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack, I can however believe they are being held back for a Strangerville 2 type pack to ensure people buy the pack just for the bunk beds.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    tiny versions of objects we have in the game would've been better than just the "murphy bed stuff" pack. like a smaller cupcake machine or a telescope that doesn't take up half of a sims backyard. a murphy bed still takes up lots of space why so no bunk beds?

We're in desperate need for normal sized objects in general... not just the cupcake machine or telescope... even the dollhouses are way too big! The microscopes need to be downsized as well.

Bear in mind one of the new community stuff pack options was smaller microscopes as paid dlc, don’t expect them to give us them for free. :o

And yes I agree, I don’t buy that bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack, I can however believe they are being held back for a Strangerville 2 type pack to ensure people buy the pack just for the bunk beds.

Honestly, a "Strangerville 2" game pack wouldn't surprise me in the slightest at this point... they're so money hungry (proven by their most recent stuff pack announcement)... I'm sure we'll be seeing "Get To Work 2" and "Get Together 2" as well.

If they truly end up creating "sequels" to packs, that would be the end for me... you know, Paralives just keeps looking better and better!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    The only thing I can think of is making a bunch of travel trailer lots for the sites at Granite Falls.

I only built ONE house (on foundation) now that I think about it! It was originally designed to be TEMPORARY housing for a single Sim, but I kept having to go thru the hassle of rebuild (rotational playing) every time I went from a Rags To Riches type of story and needed to build a mansion. So I have it saved in my library - lesson learned.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Pretty much. Isn't it sad what this franchise has become? .. Unexpected, sure, impressed? No.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Wait, what? This is really a thing? I saw something about tiny living on Twitter recently, but didn't have time to properly look into it and ended up assuming it was another one of those fanmade stuff packs.

And pianos. I downloaded one that is the size of the City Living keyboard, but why the game didn't provide one by default is beyond me. In fact, like @doedear said, I would be much more interested in this pack if that was what it offered (normal-sized versions of unnecessarily giant base game objects) rather than a single new type of bed. I can already see the glitches we're going to have with this, sims claiming not to be able to go somewhere because the Murphy bed is in the way, even though it's up.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    There were a few missed opportunities here for sure. It's sad that I'm expecting that now though. *sighs* Oh well, it's just another $10 that they've missed from me, but it doesn't matter because the larger portion of the community will happily pay that for a bed.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack according to Sim Guru Graham. @doedear (Apparently so are sleeping bags)

I love this excuse they use. They can add entire bowling alleys and all the mechanics that come with them in a stuff pack but bunk beds are too much?
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    So here you have the murphy bed

Should have been in DU.
    you get tv/ stereo/ bookshelf in 1 item

They're things already in the game that have been repackaged as a "new" item. It's an interesting option to save space, sure, but functionality wise it's nothing genuinely new.
    you get 1 new lot type with bonuses

There's nothing to stop players from building tiny homes already so that aspect of the new lot trait is silly. There's already multiple ways to lower bills and there's already a lot trait that increases relationship gains, so every aspect of the new trait already exists elsewhere in the game.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Well, you got already existing stuff with the garden stuffpacks, you got tvs with the movie stuff pack.. so, looking at stuff packs, there isn't always something entirely new in them.
    Good thing is, you don't have to buy them.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    So... the next stuff pack is literally going to be 'Tiny Living'... (AKA: "We didn't have any good ideas, so we scraped the bottom of the barrel to make an entire stuff pack about a Murphy bed!")

No, seriously... the Murphy bed is literally the ONLY new thing coming in this pack... they're pretending it's something we've never had before, but it's not... there has been NOTHING stopping us from building tiny homes before! That has always been an option... so why would they go out of their way to make it a new lot type!? That didn't even make sense!

Ultimately, the stuff pack should've been named 'Sims 4: Murphy Bed Stuff Pack'... because that's basically what it is. They're charging us $10 just for Murphy beds in our game... that's honestly just sad... it's like they have no good ideas left! This is LITERALLY scraping the very bottom of their milking well (which must be running dry at this point).

I won't be buying this stuff pack... just like I didn't buy 'My First Pet'. I won't be paying $10 just to have a Murphy bed in my game.

They did charge us 10€ for Hot Tubs....and for the Ice Cream Machine....and for rodent cages.... This is what SP's usually are, but I agree with the fact that they could have added one or two extra little things. Like how Backyard Stuff had the bird thing, and the spinning thing, and the drinks tray, besides the slider. So Idk.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

I love this excuse they use. They can add entire bowling alleys and all the mechanics that come with them in a stuff pack but bunk beds are too much?

According to @SimGuruGraham loungechairs were also TOO big for a Stuffpack, yet look at what we got with Island Living... Sims are like statues and they also don't even support multitasking. It is a shame to say the least. Looks like they aren't even trying.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    rudy8292 wrote: »

According to @SimGuruGraham loungechairs were also TOO big for a Stuffpack, yet look at what we got with Island Living... Sims are like statues and they also don't even support multitasking. It is a shame to say the least. Looks like they aren't even trying.

Lounge chairs bother me so much....not because sims don't talk while in them, but because they can't use their phone, or tablet, or read a book while lounging, they just sit there like ".....". They don't even look mildly relaxed, unless they are sunbathing in them. Sims also can't listen to music or read while sunbathing and in TS3, which didn't have multitasking, that was a possibility. If this doesn't seem like lazy work then I don't know. These are some of the few reasons I absolutely hate IL, that EP is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Game Pack sold as an EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top