Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well I think we know what we are getting now the tiny living stuff pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    well I think we know what we are getting now the tiny living stuff pack

That's not anniversary related. That's just a pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    well according to them it is there putting it out it on ps4 and xbox feb 4th the sims20th there words not mine @Sigzy05
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing the heart shaped vibrating bed make yet another return. But if it already returned I must have missed it.
    Another contest on Facebook would be good too. I won third place when they had the 10th anniversary contest. I still have the heart-shaped Sims 2 Pets key ring. I lost all of the other stuff when we moved.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I expect something because it seems reasonable to assume that EAxis would release some free content/event, but I don't expect it to be a lot.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I"m expecting either a Vibrating Heart Shaped Bed,Cars or Freed Babies.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes please!!
    Momma wants a HeartShaped Bed and MasterSuites again.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Considering it's The Sims anniversary AND Valentines month, it would be the greatest opportunity to add romantic things from previous games like the heart-shapped vibrating bed, slow dancing and online dating. But, as I said, I'm not expecting anything to avoid disapppointment.
  • Options
    Considering it's The Sims anniversary AND Valentines month, it would be the greatest opportunity to add romantic things from previous games like the heart-shapped vibrating bed, slow dancing and online dating. But, as I said, I'm not expecting anything to avoid disapppointment.

I hope all the things happen
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I wouldn't mind another free empty world like we got with Newcrest, especially with the stuff pack that is coming out, but I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2020
    Knowing EA, we'll probably just get dozens of adult female outfits and hairstyles (mostly re-textured versions of the ones we've already gotten several times), along with dozens of accessories.

Adult male Sims will get like one shirt (which will also be available for female Sims).

Children will get two shirts (one will be available for both genders, while the other is a feminine exclusive one) and one pair of pants.

Toddlers will get nothing.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Knowing EA, we'll probably just get dozens of adult female outfits and hairstyles (mostly re-textured versions of the ones we've already gotten several times), along with dozens of accessories.

Adult male Sims will get like one shirt (which will also be available for female Sims).

Children will get two shirts (one will be available for both genders, while the other is a feminine exclusive one) and one pair of pants.

Toddlers will get nothing.

as always...
    tenor.gif?itemid=15684966&fbclid=IwAR0fsS931n74LRsBz7pCRYqXA3DR04geI6xht-qpRMyWlum-XF1W3duMBq0
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Maybe bunk beds. It has been requested for a long time and they added the Murphy bed in this upcoming stuff pack.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes. I will only be satisfied with at least one of these:

- cars/vehicles
    - improved babies
    - all oceans should be swimable (come on.. why is it not done already?)
    - clothing/grocery shopping
    - owning properties/multiple houses
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think it would be hilarious if they released bunk beds for the 20th anniversary in the patch for the new tiny homes pack. Given how upset some are that there are no bunk beds in that pack. But the heart bed would be more of a nod to the original sims.
  • Options
    ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    I hope its something more than just a bed...
    when is the actual 20th anniversary?
    VbXPSzu.png
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Sims 1 complete collection on origin please EA/Maxis :D
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial Me too! I’m starting to get the impression that the “water” we see in earlier neighborhoods wasn’t really programmed as “water.” Meaning, we see something that looks like blue water but the game does not. The game thinks it’s just regular land that they programmed to block off Sims from walking around on it. It’s just reskinned land. There’s probably not a “oh, that’s water!” tag on it so it’s hard to suddenly program the game to make it swimmable.

So I can see why it would be hard for them to unlock swimming in earlier neighborhoods. They’d probably have to rewrite the code for the whole ‘hood which might affect your current saves in adverse ways.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    hi I have returned to the sims after a long time away, So....I am out of the loop. I Started playing the sims 4..first time in November 2019..see? I said I was very late for the party! If we get anything for the anniversary then I would enjoy having my shower/tub combos work again but if that cannot happen then perhaps just tell me what broke them?
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I don’t expect anything but it would be nice to get some great “thank you for sticking with us” gifts in addition to a billion bug fixes. I’d like clothes for all, more toddler hair and shoes, some decent toddler jeans. What I don’t want is more items we’ve paid for in packs being patched into base game as a gift.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    A huge discount/free download of everything sims 3 since its been 19.99 in store since 2009....but otherwise nothing..
    giphy.gif

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

They already disgraced all his work with TS4 tho. 😖

Will Wright didn't even want to make a sims 2 he wanted to stop at sims 1 so I'm fine with them not doing what he would have done
    also he got the idea for the sims from another guys work so it wasn't all his idea a lot of people worked on the game and helped make the sims what it is here's a video of the game that gave will the idea for the sims
    https://youtu.be/rYz_leh9J3E

oh and yes I do think they will do something for 2020 I just have no idea what it will be :)
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

Will Wright didn't even want to make a sims 2 he wanted to stop at sims 1 so I'm fine with them not doing what he would have done
    also he got the idea for the sims from another guys work so it wasn't all his idea a lot of people worked on the game and helped make the sims what it is here's a video of the game that gave will the idea for the sims

oh and yes I do think they will do something for 2020 I just have no idea what it will be :)

Well, if you keep going, that guy got the idea from pet rocks apparently. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Some new aspirations for kids with new interactions and new items.
    Little chef- kids get an easy bake oven, can ask for help/to help in kitchen and can watch adult/teen cook to gain skill. Raises responsibility and friendship.

Playing Doctor/Vet- kid will take sims' or pets' temperature and wrap bandages around them. Raises empathy and friendship.

Seedling-kids can garden with their own little seed packets and pots. Raise Responsibility.

Scribbles- kids will ask sims to pose so the can draw them and the pictures can go on the fridge. These won't be master works but as the name implies scribbles. Raises Emotional Control and friendship.

Little genius- If kids have a high enough grade they can tutor their friends. Raises empathy and friendship.

Tiny terror- Not every kid is an angel. Pull pranks, skip school and don't do homework. Decreases empathy, responsibility and emotional control.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Well, if you keep going, that guy got the idea from pet rocks apparently. :)

so do you think we will get anything for the 20th
    oh and clearly as the inspiration for the sims pet rocks should be in sims 4
    #petrocks2020 :) I really do want pet rocks @Rouenpucelle
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Arialisims wrote: »
    I hope its something more than just a bed...

this ^
    Arialisims wrote: »
    when is the actual 20th anniversary?

its February 4th, but the wikipedia says Sims 1 release date was in January 31, 2000. I don't know why.