Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

Comments

• Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I wish they would have added some tiny lot spaces onto some of the maps. I think it would have been super cute to have a couple tiny houses here and there.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I really wish it came with ladders. I’m always making little areas in kids room that *look like* you can climb up to a little lofty area for some cozy reading or diary writing. Would love real, active ladders 🥰
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    tiny home

It's called Tiny Living according to TheSims on Twitter.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The stuff pack looks alright, but I think they should have made bunk beds and also ladders and spiral staircases before releasing this.

I was wrong about bunk beds. I thought I saw them but didn't however everything wasn't shown in the trailer either.
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Maybe we'll get bunk beds in a patch.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited January 2020
    I originally started this announcement thread then asked that it be merged with the official announcement thread when that was later posted. That thread has been closed and since a lot of general comments are being posted in @catloverplayer 's countdown thread and @luthienrising's Simguru info thread I decided to repost my original thread.

Please do not turn this into a discussion of why the official announcement thread was closed.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I thought an obvious addition would have been ladders, but at least they improved the Murphy Bed for this version so that the space can actually be utilized when it is folded up (with the in-built sofa/tv option). Murphy Beds previously were a complete waste really.

I like the look of the buy mode options. CAS doesn't interest me that much as we already have so much stuff and new items never seem that different to me.

Looking forward to the release anyhow :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Loved the trailer! Those tiny houses are so cool and I find inspiration for my own small homes. I always preferred small houses, for smaller households, that is. I like the concept and most furniture and CAS looks fine, too, but as I don't have any strong feelings towards the Murphy bed (somehow I missed TS2 Apartment life), I will probably not grab this pack on release day, but might very well get it later.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    The pack looks interesting!

I've always preferred smaller homes anyway, since they're not so much of a chore to decorate and furnish lol. The houses in the trailer looked hella cool though, so I hope they will be uploaded onto the Gallery on release day because I don't know if I'm going to be able to build something good, but I look forward to the challenge anyway. :lol:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Probably because those singers aren't alive to do a simlish version of the song.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    I merged quite a few posts from the Countdown thread and the SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info thread into this. Also re-opened this thread again. Sometimes a thread gets closed by the system when you merged a closed thread into it. Sorry for not noticing earlier.

/Spectre, your friendly neighbourhood forum admin
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This is a really pleasant surprise. I like the combo furniture and can see myself using this on all my current lots. I really hope the team worked in some battered swatches that make the items look second hand! :crosses fingers:

All in all, I'm excited to check this out at the end of the month.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m fairly excited for this. Seems like a cool concept for a stuff pack and I’m intrigued to see how the new lot type will work in game. Also I like the new combined objects and the style of clothes. I see myself getting this one for sure. It looks good.
  • CrowSimmerCrowSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    Definitely excited for this pack. The furniture looks nice, and build restrictions are fun. Just kind of disappointed console won't be able to participate in the associated build contest. Why announce that console will get the gallery, and then have a build contest before we even have it?? After all that talk about not separating the communities anymore...
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The thread wasn't particularly acrimonious or negative that I saw. As for murphy beds "clearly" having been meant for DU, I've never heard of university housing of any kind having murphy beds. In fact the only time I've seen them in the wild, so to speak, is in older city apartments and not for many years. I highly doubt they've been holding on to this one object since City Living.

Just yesterday I saw someone wishing for more one-tile desks to save space.

I think my parents had a murphy bed at one point...in the 60s. I've never actually seen one, so I'm not sure why everyone thinks it should have been in the DU pack. As you note, it would probably only be in older apartments in the city (again, like the one my parents had).

But I really have to laugh - where are all the people who have been screaming for murphy beds? It seems like every thread is filled with people who simply want to complain. If they wanted a murphy bed, $10 is too expensive (????seriously???). Or it's not bunk beds, or cars, or spiral stairs, or whatever they personally wanted, so the company is obviously taking advantage of us. Everything should be free, since Maxis is a charity, not a corporation that is supposed to make money and pay its employees.

Murphy beds aren't my thing, and I agree that spiral stairs or ladders would make sense in this pack, considering that stairs take up so much space. And it would be nice to get some sized-down versions of the oversized microscope and telescope. (One issue with making a regular-sized microscope or telescope is that they would require entirely new animations. So do spiral stairs and ladders. Bunk beds not only require animations, but the ability to place two Sims in the same vertical space, and I would guess that this is the hang-up.)

That said, I'd pre-order the pack if you could pre-order stuff packs - if nothing else, I think it would be fun to build a tiny home, and some of the items and CAS are appealing. I only hope we'll get some new clothes for kids and tots.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Finally this opened!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Objects I can see form the trailer:

New door
    New plant
    New 1 tile desk
    New sink
    2 new TV's (TV, bookcase, radio combos)
    2 Murphy beds, one serves as a couch too
    1 new bathroom wall decor
    1 new ceiling lamp
    1 new dresser
    1 new chair
    1 new floor lamp
    1 new dining chair
    1 new living room chair that looks like a square pillow
    1 new book with plants decor item
    1 new book case looking wall decor item
    1 new table lamp
    1 new rug
    1 new tray decor item
    1new wall lamp
    1 new singles bed
    1 new painting
    1 new toilet
    3 new tables, 1 tile coffee table/end tables, 1 square and 2 round
    1 new living room chair
    1 new wall plant decor
    1 new sofa
    1 new bar/tall dining table
    1 new bar stool

They went nuts with the chairs and tables on this pack. Poor tea pot brewer still only has one "skin" ahaha A little sad/disappointed there didn't seem to be any new wallpapers and flooring included in the pack :\ I was hoping for a good looking bathroom tile wallpaper and matching flooring.

I wanted to add that there's also a small bathroom mirror and maybe a new floor tile for bathrooms. It's in the trailer but it's pretty fast.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AlienUnicornAlienUnicorn Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so on board with this pack, but I just have one note: Ladders :'(
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I know there will be a cheat to unlock the tile limit.

I’m only confused because we can already build tiny homes. Soooo why did they feel the need to make a new lot type?

The bed seems cool, though.

My thoughts exactly. I suppose we can look forward to new content.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends! I've cleaned up a bit in here just removing comments discussing moderation (possibilities why the thread was closed) and some non constructive stuff. This thread is open and will be staying open, if it does close again because of the system in the event of another thread merge or the like just report it and I'll get it re-opened.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well it's a Stuff pack. It's got useful Stuff. Any additional gameplay features such as reduced bills is a plus. Some people would buy it just for the Murphy and the entertainment unit.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just guessing that they added the marketing text in the trailer after the November results for the stuff pack vote. Text-writing on photos isn't that difficult with the right tools. They probably saw all the people asking for cozy stuff and figured that they could highlight that in the trailer.

I'm sure the pack was developed a while ago but the marketing might have been more recent based on the feedback we were giving for new content. The knitted content was probably already in the pack but they might have been able to tweak it to emphasize knitting or they just chose to highlight that stuff in the trailer. They might have also picked the various themes in the other stuff pack vote knowing that whatever result came out could be part of a marketing strategy for future content. That's just my guess. (Yes, I've done photo-editing and social media stuff in my own field).

I am on team "tiny fireplace" though. That would be a nice addition.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Interesting. I enjoy building, so this will be something new to mess around with. I‘m not sure what the obsession with Murphy beds is about, do they even make those things any more?

I’m definitely on the bus with everyone else who thinks this would have been the time to do something about ladders, loft beds, smaller telescopes, wall ovens and countertop stoves, smaller/different option for the cupcake factory, smaller microscope, smaller <insert bloated item here>. Why is everything in this game so huge?!?

I’m not so certain about spiral stairs, because as I recall, they always took up 4-6 squares. That’s not going to reduce footprint much in a 100 square house.

Cozy sweaters and cramped spaces don’t really jive with me. Who wants to be trapped in a confined space with someone else while wearing a knit sweat box and no hope of getting away? 😬

Reduced bills will be nice for those who play that way, but I’m just ignoring any “relationship” stuff being touted for staying under 100 squares because it’s not going to do what anyone is hoping. Sims are still going to be stepford pixels.