Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I like the concept but the pack looks pretty pointless, we can already build tiny homes in the base game with no issue, the only thing this pack seems to bring is the wall bed which is cool and all but its just recycled from previous games. At bare minimum they could've at least included bunk beds and ladders with this?? Also a proper sofa bed would be cool instead of having the wall thing, looks sorta like a sofa bed in the video but theres still a wall thing behind the couch
    This was my thoughst exactly. I've never in my life seen a murphy bed whereas sofa beds are very common around here. I'm willing to consider having a muprhy bed though as this is sims and the functionality is essentially the same (saves space).
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    maice wrote: »
    I'm happy with this! I'm not sure why, I'm not a big tiny house player! But it really gives me hope that maybe we will still see the Happy Haunts pack despite it not winning, since this was an option in the last vote. I'm happy to see the murphy bed again and looking forward to seeing what the difference in relationship building is. At this point anything different is welcome. I'm hoping maybe we will see new interactions or something, not sure how feasible that is.

It's a stuff pack. $10, or if you're not that excited, wait for a sale and pay only 5. I'll buy it just for new furniture.

Stuff Packs go down to $5? The lowest I’ve seen in a sale was $7.99. That’s how I got Spooky Stuff way back when.
    Stuff packs got down to $5 a few times in the past, but it seems like not anymore.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    tiny home
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Wait, stuff packs usually take a week before they're out. I wonder why this one is different?
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Tiny Living? Are you kidding me? I hate how small apartments are! And, no, when we downsize, it won't be to a 4X4 one-room place. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm confused as to why the announcement thread got closed.

I like the look of what is in the pack, and I hate to be that Simmer, but really? A 'Tiny Living' Stuff Pack, with no spiral stairs or bunk beds? What pack could have been better than this to include two items that have been requested for 5 years.

Like I said the objects look cool but these omissions leave a sour taste in my mouth.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Tiny Living? Are you kidding me? I hate how small apartments are! And, no, when we downsize, it won't be to a 4X4 one-room place. :open_mouth:

theres no rule that says tiny living is restricted to the pack. i have vampires don't play them at all and just use the furniture. plus it could be good for sims living on their own with out much money.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Why was the announcement thread closed?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

You don’t have to build a tiny house to use the objects, I love decorating and I am super excited about having new furnishings for all my homes!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I loved everything about the trailer*, I think the theme is great, I don't really enjoy playing in mansions. And the CAS and BB look wonderful! Really looking forward to this pack already!

*Because I can't not say it
    Except the music. Sorry, but this must be the worst version of "This Little Light of Mine" I have ever heard. The first time I had to mute a trailer to enjoy it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020

The contest makes no sense. They want us to build an elaborate and original tiny house using the tools already in the game. They will pick 10 winners to give the new pack to. But doesn’t this mean if people are able to create intricate designs with tools already in the game that the new pack is not necessary or needed?

Idk if they thought this one through.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2020
    The stuff pack looks alright, but I think they should have made bunk beds and also ladders and spiral staircases before releasing this.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The stuff pack looks alright, but I think they should have made bunk beds and also ladders and spiral staircases before releasing this.

That was also my first thought - spiral stairs would have been the most obvious item for this pack. Other than that I like the idea, the stuff and the new male hairstyle at 0:45.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm more interested to see what the lot type is, as currently I don't really get it fully. But Bill reduction doesn't seem that important as tiny homes would already have small bills, plus you can do other stuff already to reduce/eliminate bills. And I'm not really sold on the other bits - if anything I'd like sims to loose relationships faster and get annoyed at each other more when in a tiny home, relationships are already easy to build and the opposite seems more realistic/fun to play with to me. Or even have both extremes, build and lose them quickly, would be better. Not sure about being more comfortable either, tiny homes may be cheap/eco friendly/etc. but more comfortable? Cozy maybe. Are those the only differences or am I missing something? You can already do tiny homes, for me those differences don't really seem like it is very different from a regular residential lot.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I think one mod locked the old trailer thread while another merged it with the main thread, and it was just a mistake/miscommunication. If the mods thought something was wrong, they would have started deleting comment or make an official post telling people to calm their plums.

Re: Poll-rigging. Doubtful. They probably just included knit clothes here because it fits the "small and cozy" feeling they're trying to give off with this pack. Plus I'm sure they knew knitting was going to win in the first place, given the fandom. They wouldn't need to rig the poll. I have to question why they would risk having two Stuff Packs focused on knit clothing in the same year in the first place, but whatever.

Stuff packs take up to a year to develop (or so we've heard). It's unlikely that a year ago they anticipated that Arts & Crafts would be the winner of the voting - they may not even have determined the themes for the community pack at that time - or that knitting would be the specific activity chosen.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    This would've been the perfect time to make space-saving appliances (rip countertop stove my sweet prince)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I think one mod locked the old trailer thread while another merged it with the main thread, and it was just a mistake/miscommunication. If the mods thought something was wrong, they would have started deleting comment or make an official post telling people to calm their plums.

Re: Poll-rigging. Doubtful. They probably just included knit clothes here because it fits the "small and cozy" feeling they're trying to give off with this pack. Plus I'm sure they knew knitting was going to win in the first place, given the fandom. They wouldn't need to rig the poll. I have to question why they would risk having two Stuff Packs focused on knit clothing in the same year in the first place, but whatever.

Stuff packs take up to a year to develop (or so we've heard). It's unlikely that a year ago they anticipated that Arts & Crafts would be the winner of the voting - they may not even have determined the themes for the community pack at that time - or that knitting would be the specific activity chosen.

This!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Feels weird for a stuff pack to be released so far after the announcement. Usually they're announced a week in advance, but this one they did two week early. I wonder why the change.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    it comes out on my birthday!! just putting that out there ;)

Let me know if you want a birthday gift 😉
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I'm actually kind of excited for this. Initially I thought this was kind of a weird concept but then I watched the trailer and I really like the style of the furniture and CAS stuff.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Stop building a 6 bedroom 4 bath box house. No way. But the furniture looks interesting and no doubt gotta pay for spirals stairs later in another stuff pack.
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    Guess i can deal with this!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I for one am extremely excited for this SP! Tiny living builds are right in my wheel house, my favored way to build since I started playing The Sims in 2000! :)

Yes, a ladder and bunk beds would've been perfect additions to this pack, but I'm not too fussed about it. Those are heavily requested objects, so I'm confident they'll be included in a future pack at some point. *optimism FTW*

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    It's kind of baffling to me how much some players obsess over single objects. Lounge chairs, swings, spiral stairs, bunk beds, murphy beds... as if that's all there is to gameplay. I get styles, I get themes, but singular items like a chair or a bed...I just don't understand the tirade. *Shrug*

I can't say I'm wicked excited for this pack, but I remember when the concept was in the first community pack vote and I think it's a decent idea so I'm looking forward to finding out more. We have so many bloated items that take up tons of space, it will be nice to have a few things that conserve. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Why was the announcement thread closed?

I had the same question....

Swelling negativity, I presume.

No but we were discussing the pack on a thread that got merged with it :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1