Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
We have some huge news about tiny homes.

Everyone knows tiny living is more than just a trend right now—it’s a movement. It’s ecological, less expensive, and infinitely cozier than living large, and it’s time for your Sims to celebrate this lifestyle in style. That’s why we’re introducing the amazing The Sims™ 4 Tiny Living Stuff Pack*!

Small Houses, Big Dreams

Challenge yourself to build in a greatly reduced footprint of 100 tiles with a Tiny Home Residential Lot to receive special bonuses for your Sims. In addition to friendlier bills, smaller spaces are good for encouraging relationships to bloom, and you’ll have plenty of leftover yard space for a garden. Compete with your friends to build a cuter, smaller home for the ultimate bragging rights.

Let’s Talk Murphy Beds

You asked for it and we’re delivering: say hello to the murphy bed. Engage in shenanigans aplenty with this multifunctional space-saver—just make sure your Sims don’t get trapped when they’re putting it away! Luckily, it leaves you tons of room for activities, and when paired with the bookshelf/stereo/TV combo object, the possibilities are endless.

We’re Knit Kidding Around!

Expect a bevy of comfortable new CAS items, including chunky knits for the ultimate indulgence in sweater weather. Your Sims will be snug as a bug in these cozy clothes and accessories… maybe even a little too snug.

ts4-sp16-official-screens-02-002-4k.png.adapt.crop16x9.1920w.png

There's lots more where that came from, so get excited for The Sims 4 Tiny Living Stuff Pack, coming to PC and Mac on January 21, 2020, and to PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on February 4, 2020 (the 20th anniversary of The Sims!).

*Requires The Sims 4 game on applicable platform (sold separately) and all game updates to play. For PC/Mac, see minimum system requirements for this pack.
  • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Didn’t see this one coming!!! Love the trailer and love the concept, the bed too!
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Interesting and unexpected concept! I wasn’t expecting to hear about any new packs for a month or so.

Personally I love this idea. Especially for building tiny homes for off the grid living saves or maybe as holiday homes in Granite Falls or Sulani!

Looking forward to seeing all the new objects. I’m so happy the Murphy bed is back!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    SimGuruFrost will be announcing a contest for codes.

New year, new stuff pack! Super excited to finally announce this. Murphy beds and new lot trait that makes building a challenge!

Stay tuned to my Twitter later today where I announce a Tiny Living Contest where you can win PC codes for this new stuff pack!

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I’m only confused because we can already build tiny homes. Soooo why did they feel the need to make a new lot type?

My thoughts exactly!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    So with these tiny houses and everything all crammed in, can we maybe get the shower/tub combo fixed so my sims can shower in them again and actually get clean please?

I like the beds, I'm wondering if it will be another new death like in TS3. Also... bunk beds? Now would be the time...

I’m sure the shower/tub combos will be fixed in this month’s patch.

I’m thinking they’re either saving bunk beds for some other pack or they tried to make them and couldn’t/didn’t like them so they settled for the murphy.

They definitely should’ve added loft beds in University, the theme was perfect.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Well... I didn't see that coming.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Chazzyy they are adding the new lot type as an option. You can either live on a residential lot and pay bills as usual or you can pick the new lot type and pay smaller bills, and the rest of the advantages such as better relationships.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    @Chazzyy they are adding the new lot type as an option. You can either live on a residential lot and pay bills as usual or you can pick the new lot type and pay smaller bills, and the rest of the advantages such as better relationships.

Idk it still feels like an unnecessary addition to me. There are currently several ways to build relationships and several ways to reduce bills already in the game.

Kinda reminds me of when Get Together came out and folks were upset because the club system included activities you could already do in the game, they just made it so Sims in that club would all do them simultaneously.

Maybe it’ll be nice, we shall see.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited January 2020
    what's the point? are they tryna sell that same limitation we already have from city living apartments? ... other than that, i think it's cute.
    y'all got bread?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not sure it's actually a new lot type - it sounds to me (and I am frequently wrong, so take this with a grain of salt) that if you keep the footprint of the house under 100 tiles (or 10x10 if it's a square) it registers as a tiny house and unlocks the bonuses. As for what they are, usually if someone goes to the trouble of building a tiny house they are wanting to reduce bills, so that seems to follow.

As far as a relationship bonus goes, maybe it affects negative relationships as well if you've been shut up in your tiny house with someone for too long. That could be fun. :p

ETA: Never mind, I see now it IS a lot type.
    edited January 2020
    what's the point? are they tryna sell that same limitation we already have from city living apartments? ... we stan the concept and trailer tho.

Whoaaaa what if they or a modder used this tile limit “feature” to somehow unlock the City Living apartments? So we can knock down walls and restructure them only if we use the same amount of tiles or less on the same floor.

I’m intrigued.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm still feeling unsure about this pack. I'm afraid we don't have enough small lots to properly utilize the new lot type. Sure some like building tiny homes and it's likely great for them to show off their speciality.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    This is a surprise but I do remember tiny houses being mentioned ages ago so fair play. I'm on the fence at the moment. It's only since the summer that I have bought any stuff packs for Sims 4 anyway, I had no interest in any of them for a while and now I own 2. I'll want to know more before I say whether I'd want this or not.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am mostly confused

tiny living? yas
    murphy bed? yas
    that 1 tile desk? yas

everything else? what does this have to do with tiny living? those objects literally save no space?

at least give us some space saving kitchen appliances darn it or loft beds or something come on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I'm not sure it's actually a new lot type - it sounds to me (and I am frequently wrong, so take this with a grain of salt) that if you keep the footprint of the house under 100 tiles (or 10x10 if it's a square) it registers as a tiny house and unlocks the bonuses. As for what they are, usually if someone goes to the trouble of building a tiny house they are wanting to reduce bills, so that seems to follow.

As far as a relationship bonus goes, maybe it affects negative relationships as well if you've been shut up in your tiny house with someone for too long. That could be fun. :p

Got this from the video

02559491-93-AB-42-BC-80-C4-933106-CB8-B4-F.jpg

Apparently once you switch the lot type to Tiny Home, that’s when you’re limited to the 100 tiles and such.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited January 2020
    i just read the blog post and it says that it's coming with murphy bed + two seat love seat + storage combo and a all in one TV + radio + bookshelf. awesome!
    y'all got bread?
    i just read the blog post and it says that it's coming with murphy bed + two seat lounger + storage combo and a new TV with stereo.

So they added radio functionality to a tv and called it a new object.

Hahaha I love it
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    edited January 2020
    That’s actually an interesting pack! This is why I’m excited to see what they do with The Sims 4 now. We’ve gotten pretty much all of the fan favorite packs and they’re free to be creative about new content.

I’m still not sure what else is there other than the tile limit and the bed, gonna need to see full Build items before I make a decision but to be honest this is the most excited I’ve been about a Stuff Pack since Laundry Day and Movie Hangout.

I honestly haven’t had the time to play University since the first couple of days it came out so this is going to be great for my Sim once he graduates.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Got this from the video

02559491-93-AB-42-BC-80-C4-933106-CB8-B4-F.jpg

Apparently once you switch the lot type to Tiny Home, that’s when you’re limited to the 100 tiles and such.

Yeah I got that too.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I am mostly confused

tiny living? yas
    murphy bed? yas
    that 1 tile desk? yas

everything else? what does this have to do with tiny living? those objects literally save no space?

at least give us some space saving kitchen appliances darn it or loft beds or something come on

There's apparently a tv, stereo, bookcase combo, but they could have done that at any given time, even patch it, so idk.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited January 2020
    I just hope they add a more upscale Murphy bed option. Idk about y’all, but my Sims live in luxury. The tiny house I build would have to be ballin lol