Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    MAUVE5 wrote: »
    Hi! :) I'm Mauve and I've been playing the sims since it came out. Now I build a lot on the sims 4, usually starting with an idea and going to another build mid-way. I like to build on small lots (mainly because of slow pc) and give myself some challenges.
    I've noticed over the years that this community is very lovely and I want to share my builds with you. It will also give me a push to finish builds I hope haha.

Hello @MAUVE5 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable and happy hours playing,creating and building over the years :)
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is a lovely way of expressing our creativity through the game and having fun at the same time!
    It is very nice that you are planning to share your builds with us :) I will look forward to seeing them :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • AlexaniaAlexania Posts: 19 Member
    Hey! I'm Alex~!

I originally played Sims 1 as a kid, skipped over 2 and 3 and got into 4 about a year ago mostly due to watching streamers. XD Currently I'm on gen 2 of the 100 Baby Challenge. I'm playing with MCCC, so my world is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 soap opera at this point. It's great!
    Alexania wrote: »
    Hey! I'm Alex~!

I originally played Sims 1 as a kid, skipped over 2 and 3 and got into 4 about a year ago mostly due to watching streamers. XD Currently I'm on gen 2 of the 100 Baby Challenge. I'm playing with MCCC, so my world is a plum soap opera at this point. It's great!

Hello @Alexania :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims1 when young, and now after a break you are back simming again and playing Sims 4. It is great that watching sims 4 YouTube videos has encouraged you to play also.
    I hope that your challenge goes well. You will enjoy seeing the new generations of children <3
  • SnoogsSnoogs Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello!! I'm Snoogle, 24 y/o and I have been playing since the OG Sims. I was mad about it and about the sims 2 when it came out and would play hours on end. I did play some sims 3 in high school, but never really got into it as much, not did I get into sims 4 when I got it 3ish years ago. A few months back I decided to play some again and I have been totally sucked into it now (also due to being between studies for 3 months, so I have a lot of free time now). I have a few families, I have a running 100 baby challenge where I've just gotten triplets to bump the count up to 16 and I'm also doing a Not So Berry challenge in the 2nd gen. I mostly wanna just share some of that here
    Snoogs wrote: »
    Hello!! I'm Snoogle, and I have been playing since the OG Sims. I was mad about it and about the sims 2 when it came out and would play hours on end. I did play some sims 3 in high school, but never really got into it as much, not did I get into sims 4 when I got it 3ish years ago. A few months back I decided to play some again and I have been totally plum into it now (also due to being between studies for 3 months, so I have a lot of free time now). I have a few families, I have a running 100 baby challenge where I've just gotten triplets to bump the count up to 16 and I'm also doing a Not So Berry challenge in the 2nd gen. I mostly wanna just share some of that here

Hello @Snoogs :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 and that you are now enjoying playing Sims 4. I hope that you are having a nice study break as you prepare for further studies soon.
    It is great that you are doing Sims challenges. Congratulations to your sims on having triplets! I hope that both challenges continue to go well.
    Happy Simming! :)
  • cutefrutypiecutefrutypie Posts: 39 Member
    Hello! Ma name is chherry._sims and i love the sims!!

Hope we can be good friends ma friends ;))
    Hello! Ma name is chherry._sims and i love the sims!!

Hope we can be good friends ma friends ;))

Hello @cutefrutypie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, and enjoy posting about your sims.
  • 3cheersforkilljoys3cheersforkilljoys Posts: 17 New Member
    hi, im rain! new member here (actually, this is my first post)!

i play the sims way too much it’s an addiction at this point, hours and hours keep piling up. i wanna start writing simlit sometime soon (any tips would be appreciated!) and i read loads too.

don’t have much to say, but happy simming!
    hi, im rain! new member here (actually, this is my first post)!

i play the sims way too much it’s an addiction at this point, hours and hours keep piling up. i wanna start writing simlit sometime soon (any tips would be appreciated!) and i read loads too.

don’t have much to say, but happy simming!

Hello @3cheersforkilljoys :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying spending time simming. Time passes very quickly when we are playing the game and wanting to see what happens nest in the lives of our sims! We also want to keep working on our builds and trying out furnishing ideas!
    You may like to read the threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums for help in writing simlit
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • orochiorochi Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Everyone

I am new here. I first starting playing the sims when the first games was released on Playstation 2, I never really got into the PC versions until the sims 4.
    orochi wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I am new here. I first starting playing the sims when the first games was released on Playstation 2, I never really got into the PC versions until the sims 4.

Hello @orochi :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the console version, and now you are playing the pc version of Sims 4. All sims versions are fun and enjoyable to play!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting about what is happening in your game.
  • LeaxxieLeaxxie Posts: 23 Member
    Long time player, first time on the forums. I love the player imput voting on new expansions. I hope to share some great ideas I have with everyone.
    Leaxxie wrote: »
    Long time player, first time on the forums. I love the player imput voting on new expansions. I hope to share some great ideas I have with everyone.

Hello @Leaxxie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that the simming community can be involved in the new Arts and Craft Stuff Pack!
    When you are a full member and can start new threads, you could start a new thread in the Sims 4 Ideas Corner section of the forums and post your ideas there .
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

• LeaxxieLeaxxie Posts: 23 Member
    Yep trying to get full member status. Not sure what I need to do to get points though. Any help on that?
    Leaxxie wrote: »
    Yep trying to get full member status. Not sure what I need to do to get points though. Any help on that?

Hello @Leaxxie :)
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer. This post explains about the badges that you can earn points through also.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16043647/#Comment_16043647
  • EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    Hello!
    I'm a dedicated simmer and have been for years (since the first incarnation of the franchise from my childhood). My name is Esia (short for Agnieszka), I'm from Poland, I study Polish language and literature and work in board games industry. I love fashion and crafts which makes me super excited for the new community stuff pack :)
    Esia wrote: »
    Hello!
    I'm a dedicated simmer and have been for years (since the first incarnation of the franchise from my childhood). My name is Esia (short for Agnieszka), I'm from Poland, I study Polish language and literature and work in board games industry. I love fashion and crafts which makes me super excited for the new community stuff pack :)

Hello @Esia :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 and that you started simming when a child.
    I hope your studies continue to go well. You would enjoy simming as a restful and enjoyable break from your studies and work.
    The new community Stuff Pack is sounding great!
  • MyOldHeartMyOldHeart Posts: 33 Member
    Hey-hey, fellow simmers!

I've been playing The Sims for 19 years now. I started when I was eleven and saw it at my friends' house. I was blown away! A virtual dollhouse, what a dream! Of course we had so much fun. I still play The Sims series many times a week. Sometimes every day for hours.

The Sims 2 has been my ultimate favorite. It's just so beautiful and has awesome features. The only thing I miss in The Sims 2 is that the neighborhood doesn't age. But other than that, it's my all time favorite. The Sims 3 also has nice features (customizations and moodlets) and last years I've been into The Sims 4, of course.

I live in Scandinavia and I love food and video games. I could talk for HOURS about these two topics :D

Hope you are having a great new year so far! <3
    MyOldHeart wrote: »
    Hey-hey, fellow simmers!

I've been playing The Sims for 19 years now. I started when I was eleven and saw it at my friends' house. I was blown away! A virtual dollhouse, what a dream! Of course we had so much fun. I still play The Sims series many times a week. Sometimes every day for hours.

The Sims 2 has been my ultimate favorite. It's just so beautiful and has awesome features. The only thing I miss in The Sims 2 is that the neighborhood doesn't age. But other than that, it's my all time favorite. The Sims 3 also has nice features (customizations and moodlets) and last years I've been into The Sims 4, of course.

I live in Scandinavia and I love food and video games. I could talk for HOURS about these two topics :D

Hope you are having a great new year so far! <3

Hello @MyOldHeart :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when you were young and that it has been a part of your life as you have been growing up. It is special that your friend introduced you to simming, which has led you to enjoy spending many fun and happy hours simming ever since!
    It is nice that you have enjoyed playing the versions of the Sims and are now playing Sims 4. With you enjoying food, you would like seeing your sims preparing and cooking meals.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Hello, I'm SquirrelTail15 and I've been playing Sims 4 for over a year now. I live in the UK, and like creating ridiculously complicated stories for my sims. I've been looking at the Sims Forums since even before I got the game, so it's weird being linked as a 'New Member' when I feel like I've been here for ages (even if I've only just got around to creating an account).
    banner.png
    Hello, I'm SquirrelTail15 and I've been playing Sims 4 for over a year now. I live in the UK, and like creating ridiculously complicated stories for my sims. I've been looking at the Sims Forums since even before I got the game, so it's weird being linked as a 'New Member' when I feel like I've been here for ages (even if I've only just got around to creating an account).

Hello @SquirrelTail15 :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forums.
    It is very nice that you enjoy creating stories for your sims. It is special making background stories for our sims then seeing how their lives develop in our games. Simming is very enjoyable!
  • MelFoxMelFox Posts: 44 Member
    ello..

I have played since the original Sims, missed TS3 and have had TS4 since it was newish, but I didn't get along with it because it wasn't enough like TS2. I'm over that now though. I hope to learn a bit about custom content and mods (installing and using, I'm not likely to make anything, thats a lot of work I reckon). I also feel a need for community as I have come from playing Second Life, and I miss having people just around in game to ask things!
    MelFox wrote: »
    ello..

I have played since the original Sims, missed TS3 and have had TS4 since it was newish, but I didn't get along with it because it wasn't enough like TS2. I'm over that now though. I hope to learn a bit about custom content and mods (installing and using, I'm not likely to make anything, thats a lot of work I reckon). I also feel a need for community as I have come from playing Second Life, and I miss having people just around in game to ask things!

Hello @MelFox :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable days over the time, playing, creating and building in the game! Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
    > @Snoogs said:
    > Hello!! I'm Snoogle, 24 y/o and I have been playing since the OG Sims. I was mad about it and about the sims 2 when it came out and would play hours on end. I did play some sims 3 in high school, but never really got into it as much, not did I get into sims 4 when I got it 3ish years ago. A few months back I decided to play some again and I have been totally plum into it now (also due to being between studies for 3 months, so I have a lot of free time now). I have a few families, I have a running 100 baby challenge where I've just gotten triplets to bump the count up to 16 and I'm also doing a Not So Berry challenge in the 2nd gen. I mostly wanna just share some of that here

Hi Snoogle :)

I didn't get along well with Sims 4 til this time around, it was just too different I think, from Sims 2. But I'm getting into it now. I want to try some challenges but I rarely finish anything so I'm not sure. I'm still getting used to all the basic mechanics of collecting, fishing, aliens... I haven't even thought about trying any sim younger than teens yet. I will say it isn't so hard to keep a reasonable bank balance in this version, something I struggled with in the other games. I need to learn my way around these forums, I get confused easily so thats a challenge in itself, lol.
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @MelFox :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable days over the time, playing, creating and building in the game! Simming is fun!
    > I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thankyou Rosemow :)

Its is good to be back into a game that I can lose entire days to if I choose, and have beautiful houses and satisfying stories to look back on. I made an alien mother and young adult daughter yesterday, gave them a mermaid roomie and built them a beach house in .. i forget the name, but you know where I mean, its in the Island expansion. They've met a couple of locals, I've discovered that aliens can't tan so I had to give her a different.. aspiration? She was set as wanting a beachy life and to be a tourist and if she cant tan she cant progress, so now I think i have set her as a fishing enthusiast. Her mother is a collector, and their mermaid roomie is going to be into gardening instead. I have to remember that he can't scuba so no marine biology for him, maybe for the alien daughter instead. I shall look for some relevant active threads. These aliens and mermaids sure complicate things, but they have got over their initial "eek, I was discovered" meetings (even with each other, quite funny the mermaid guy didn't realise and is freaking out a little, I mean come on, they are hardly the only ones in the household hiding a secret xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top