Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some things you'd want to see in TS4?

Comments

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Things I would like to see:
    -Bring back the individual biography panel.
    -More variety of personality traits. Think it would be nice to have the sliding scale of outgoing/ shyness along with other traits rather than just Outgoing or Loner. Also would have liked some differentiation between loner and shy as they are not the same thing.
    - Funnier/ wackier pranks in the mischief interactions, for example: stink/ paint bombs, food fights, altering the showers so that the next user gets dyed bright pink, decorating someone while they're sleeping, etc. Would really like to see the wrapping entire place in food prank instead of it just being an at work option.
    Some of the current mischief options (e.g invite to fake party) feel more like they should be in mean interactions.
  • WoofyWolfzWoofyWolfz Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd really like farming "^^" but also -

WHAT IF WE HAD PET LLAMAS :0 CUZ IT'S THE SIMS AND LLAMAS ARE THE THING..!
  • tatygirl90tatygirl90 Posts: 33 Member
    Things I would like to see:
    -Bring back the individual biography panel.
    -More variety of personality traits. Think it would be nice to have the sliding scale of outgoing/ shyness along with other traits rather than just Outgoing or Loner. Also would have liked some differentiation between loner and shy as they are not the same thing.
    - Funnier/ wackier pranks in the mischief interactions, for example: stink/ paint bombs, food fights, altering the showers so that the next user gets dyed bright pink, decorating someone while they're sleeping, etc. Would really like to see the wrapping entire place in food prank instead of it just being an at work option.
    Some of the current mischief options (e.g invite to fake party) feel more like they should be in mean interactions.

I really want the individual bio back. I miss that from previous games. I use the household bio, but it isn't really the same.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Honestly, so many things, but mainly:

- Personality overhaul with more traits, interests, turn ons/offs etc.
    - More hobbies and related objects (pottery, insect/small pet collecting across all worlds, musical instruments etc.)
    - More whims
    - More vacation world destinations
    - Slow dancing and cuddle interaction for couples
    - Bands and an actual singing career
    - More games or play interactions for kids
    - Greater variety of chance cards at work or school with bigger impacts on work progression
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Much more colour choices for outfits and maybe for those who have maxed level Fitness and are in a fitness career, the ability for them to make an aerobics workout video.
    2quwd7.gif

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited December 2019
    I haven't read the replies to this thread yet, but I just posted this in the Feedback thread and realized maybe that wasn't the best place after the fact lol. So I'll post it here!

Apologies in advance because this is long but I have lately been really thinking about what I would really like to see in a Sims game.

Because a lot of the content in games tend to be modern/future focused, it totally makes sense to do the reverse and have lots of older content as well. This would add CAS/BB content, but also there should be changes to gameplay mechanics as well. If you want to play in an older time period, certain modern innovations wouldn't exist or there would be alternatives to them. Example: landlines and typewriters rather than cellphones and laptops. Or newspapers and "the wireless", old tvs and no tvs, etc. It also has the potential to add new careers/jobs, new lots, and new worlds. This doesn't necessarily have to equate to a farming pack, but would mix things up a little in the same way that Occult content adds a new energy as well. And would also benefit the Occult players who want to be immersive without modern tech too. You could even have an Inventor career and Sims slowly invent things that then if you wanted could be implemented in the world. Could also add new illnesses and social events. So fun, but also not mandatory for your Sims to feel like their lives are complete! I feel like what happens is new content is either really modern/contemporary/futuristic, really regal (I immediately think of those intricate couches with all of their curves and plushness, which only fits the illusion of wealthy Sims), or like modern country/rustic. There needs to be just old/rundown stuff that doesn't give the impression of wealth or newness. Like what if I just want an old-timey/period piece household that is poor?

There should be an ability to create a new world. And also, shooting for the impossible here, some way to toggle off accessibility between worlds, if that makes sense. So, if you make a world that is supposed to exist pre-cellphone era, Sims living in the cellphone era can't just come into the world which would throw off the immersion and suspension of disbelief.

Also I just want more hobbies for my Sims to have things to do around the house that would allow for more individuality. For example, It seems like all Sims love to read even if they don't have a Bookworm trait. Why give any Sim that trait then? I want Sims who love to practice ballet and have the objects to do them and want to actively carry out these activities because it's WHO THEY ARE versus having to worry that another Sim would just randomly also start practicing ballet just because there's nothing else to do. Perhaps implementing some sort of Likes/Dislikes aspects. Oh! And this reminds me, Attraction, Turn Ons, and Turn Offs! Would love to see that back in game.

Would be cool if other Sims in the world could host events that then the currently played Sims could be invited to and attend. Think being invited to the Community lots or the rabbit hole events, except with things like birthday parties or weddings or social events.

I want bands. And more instruments. And more art forms for skills.

Sleepovers or staying the night at other family members' homes. Like if you have a young Sim whose parents are separated, the young Sim could choose to stay a few nights with either parent. Or just going to spend the night with Grandma...

I want Sims to have perception and context of other Sims and what they do beyond more than just being a marker on their Relationship icon. If a Sim is sick, maybe they give a call to their neighbor who they know is a doctor asking for medical advice. Or if they go to ballet practice (hint hint), Sims are greeted by instructors and fellow dancers, and they practice together and maybe when class is over they actively say goodbye to one another in a way that seems unique to their interactions and relationships as dancers and classmates and friends (or rivals). Also! Depending on the personalities of some Sims, they just would or wouldn't be found on some lots. Like, Sims who hate dancing and crowds would avoid bars and nightclubs. I don't like how Townies or other Playable Sims will constantly show up at any lot no matter what the lot is. I just want my Sims to be smarter. T_T

An expansion on Clubs would be nice. New club icons, new club activities (which would work if Hobbies and Interactions greatly expanded).

I wish the object grid could be even smaller than one tile. There are so many decoration objects that I would love to place alongside other objects if only their tile was smaller. I prefer playing without cheats so I don't want to have to use MoveObjects to do this.

A more refined shopping system, similar to TS2. I would love to create lots like grocery stores and clothing stores that aren't necessarily owned by another playable Sim but still fully functional retail lots. This would help expand on lot types, especially for players who don't care as much about going to places like Nightclubs, Lounges, and Bars (which let's be honest are all the same lot type in many ways).

More careers. And also, maybe this is possible in the game and I just haven't discovered it, but some way to pause a Sim on a certain level of their careers. I know you could just have them not level up in skills or maintain an average performance which would prohibit promotions, but I like the idea that Sims actively choose to want to be whatever is the level 3 of the Politics career, for example. Not every Sim wants to be Leader of the Free World, so having the ability to pause them on a certain career stage without stagnating their skill building, or implying that they are only average at their job, would be FANTASTIC. Because someone can be the most charismatic individual, but still aspire to be a social justice worker.

I think rabbit hole careers and schools would work better if they became more interactive (and maybe this is something that can be turned on or off), but I actually enjoy when little events happen to my Sims while they're away. There should be more of those, and especially more with several options to choose from that alter gameplay. I remember this being a thing in TS2 and always worried that picking the wrong thing will result in my Sim being fired, and it made the pop-ups more fun. Now it's like a watered down version of that.

More approaches to schooling, like home schooling and boarding school. School that focuses on Arts or STEM. Maybe an interaction where Sims can walk to school or someone can pick another Sim up from school. Or a school bus...

Honestly, I would be happy if the car feature was brought back and it worked just like TS2, as long as the idea was there.

I would like other things like new CAS/BB in general. Especially more makeup and accessories. Also, reading the forums reminded me that Sims used to have body hair lol would be fun to see that back again. More tattoos. More pets like reptiles and birds.

Lastly, I want a lot of this to be implemented into the Base Game. That's very important to me. I know some of it can only work with the EPs like Cats and Dogs or Get Together, and I don't have work around suggestions for that. But anyways, I realized recently that in its own way, a video game is a living thing in the sense that it has the capacity to grow. I see no reason why just because EPs, GPs, and SPs continue to be released, that the Base Game can't continue to grow on its own. And the devs have proved via patches that they can implement game mechanics long after the Base Game's release. I think that devs should remember that while Packs are fun add-ons, they shouldn't be what's holding up the entire game. That's why the Base Game exists; it's the core of the entire series and they should constantly be thinking about how they can strengthen the core.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited December 2019
    Edited above post.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    I'm 100% with you on the Townies and the Mausoleum. Made some vampire brides for Vlad and was VERY weirded out to see them as bartenders in the restaurant, especially in dark mode! Also, Sims 4 has a very weird aversion to acknowledging death in any meaningful capacity.

DEFINITELY on board with people who say we need a fix to romance. Romance is awful in this game. Would love to see unequal romantic relationship where you actually have to "woo" someone before you "woo-hoo" them.

Hotels are a must. Really don't understand why we don't have them.

Better villains. I think there's a middle ground between real life and the world of Sims 4 where it's very hard for bad things to happen to you. I'd love people who made my gameplay even a tiny bit challenging.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Adjustable heights in CAS. We've had adjustable waistlines for several years now, would like to be able to make tall or short Sims too.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I've had no interest in the last two packs (or three? I think it's 3 now) because there's still nothing new for my TEENS to do.

Really, the only thing that will make me come back to the game at this point is more gameplay for teens. Every time I go back to play, I enjoy the kids, and they turn teens... and I'm bored with the game again.

And whims. I find it pointless to play without whims/want/fears etc...
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    Stoves appropriate for a home that will cook the experimental food recipes now limited to the chef stations (which just don't work well in a home). Thanks!
  • bloodnsilverbloodnsilver Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want the ability to make middle names separate from the first name, and to be able to make middle names as long as i want. How else am i gonna name my sim's kid Esteban Julió Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez? Also! I want the feature back that allows my sims to get robbed if they don't have an alarm system.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A new free world.

It's just that the worlds we're given always have so few free lots on them, buildings already completed for us, it would be nice to have another large free world to build from the ground up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Kaylynn143Kaylynn143 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > Farming Expansion with the following features...* Raising and breeding farm animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, goats, llamas, sheep! Getting fresh eggs, milk or wool!
    > * Nectar making (wine making) out of the fruits you grow on your farm. Nectar bottles can increase in value over time. Nectar making skill.
    > * Farmer‘s market for shopping and selling eggs, milk, harvestables or nectar bottles.
    > * Haystack WooHoo.
    > * Horses and horse riding. Customize horse in CAS. Unicorns with magic abilities (like making crops grow faster).
    > * Show off your riding skill at the mechanical bull! Get dazed when falling of the bull! Available at the local watering hole or farmer‘s market.
    > * Canning to cook up harvestables from your farm and have something to eat in winter! Includes jams, pickles and pickled eggs!
    > * Grow corn and wheat to feed your farm animals! Store it in a silo.
    > * Rocking chairs.
    > * Tractors to harvest or ride around the fields.
    > * Butter churn to turn milk into dairy products like butter, cheese or yogurt.
    > * Off The Grid objects like solar panels, water pumps and electric generators.
    > * Amish culture with old-fashioned farming utilities that don‘t require electricity like butter churn or horse wagon. 18th century clothing.

I've been NEEDING an agricultural pack for so long. We have City Living, so why not have Country Living? Give me a freaking cow or some chickens. A new pack with larger lots for a couple of dairy cattle, a horse or two, and maybe some chickens. There is so much they could do with this theme, and tons of people would buy. Why haven't they done this yet???
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would like to see a time-out option for toddlers. When they have a fit of anger the parent sim should have the option of sitting them down on a couch, chair or even their bed for a time-out the way child and teen sims get it. Toddlers could learn emotional control if there was a time-out for them too.

Bocce. I recently really got into this game and it's a lot of fun. I think it would be a fun game to have sims play and make it so even kids could play it too.

Bring back toddler Huggling and the smutsle. It was so much fun watching my sims all doing the smutsle together.
    I agree with bringing back the couples dancing. One I also liked was way back in sims 2. It was where a child age sim could dance on the feet of a teen or older sim. It was the cutest thing to see a little girl laughing and smiling while on her daddy's feet.
    Dancing with toddlers. Let teen and older sims be able to hold a toddler and dance with them to music.

Having the toddlers sit down instead of standing when being taught would be nice. Parents sitting on the floor to teach toddlers the blocks instead of standing over them would be nice too.
    Change kneeling sims who are teaching the toddlers to sitting. The same with child and teen sims who sit on the floor to do their homework. I would let them sit on the floor if they weren't kneeling. Just seeing them do it makes my knees hurt.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I gave up on "wanting" anything for S4. I know it won't be implemented the way I would like to see it. I gave up on bands and singers because it seems they can't make sims sit in seats and watch them. Sims have to be right on stage beside them.

I just gave up on expecting anything to be done right.
  • kolosrecekolosrece Posts: 22 Member
    I also hope to see in Sims 4:

-multifuncional lot because
    I want to fix apartment shells in City L. EP
    -open neighborhood
    -underweater lots
  • mysimkrismysimkris Posts: 16 Member
    I just want to have the opportunity to go on ski trip..
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @mysimkris Ski trip is fine with me - I would like some resort vacation spot with multiple activities.
  • mysimkrismysimkris Posts: 16 Member
    @simstr0ng exactly! A ski resort, where you can take a week vacation and rent snowboard and ski!
  • Jezzabella2313Jezzabella2313 Posts: 16 Member
    I'd like to hire a photographer or have a model career track. I don't want my Sim to take pics, I want another Sim to take pics of my self-absorbed celebrity sim.
  • Jezzabella2313Jezzabella2313 Posts: 16 Member
    Sulani dancing (hula dancing)
  • RandomGeekyGirlRandomGeekyGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    So this is an odd idea, maybe odd for you guys but not me.

I live with my uncle (my dad is gone working a lot, and my mom moved further away, so my uncle has taken me in til I finish school or something changes with my dad's line of work). I've lived with him for a few months now, not sure how long I will be here honestly, but all is good here. We've had a lot of fun times so far, it's allowed me to become closer to the man I see as a second father, so in a way I'm grateful for that.

I think it would be cool to set a Sim's relationship with their aunt/uncle, niece/nephew without having to create the main person (parent or sibling) that connects them to the other Sim. If that made any sense.

So let's say I've created myself and my uncle in TS4, I can't set us as uncle & niece by default, beings the only options are housemate, parent, sibling, spouse, and sometimes even grandparent (depending on which Sim's relationships you're trying to edit).

So I feel like the aunt/uncle & niece/nephew relationship thing should be an option to select via the create-a-sim menu, beings I'm sure there are others out there in similar situations or they just want to create said situation and play through that.
  • C5E916C5E916 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the idea of a farming expansion! Personally I'd love to see a few things added to island living, such as solar panels, generators, and rain water collectors. People living off grid at least have these options if they so choose!
  • MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    @RandomGeekyGirl I agree. I would love to bring back the family tree from TS2. Now you can't even set it to 'in a relationship' but only already married.

I would like more kitchens. With stone countertops. And terrazzo flooring. Being able to have rounded walls (like the fences). Proper flat roof.

My pc coudn't handle the colourwheel and in my opinion you had to many options. But it would be nice if all the black widows and doors are in the same black shade, same with the browns.

I would love some vintage clothing and putting a coat over an outfit. L-shaped couch, loft beds and a single tile door at full wall height is also something I'm missing.

And ofcourse more pool stuff! Rounded edges, steps, pool style jacuzzi, a slide, waterfalls.

A discoball!