Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• giulliagiullia Posts: 25 Member
    I don’t know if it’s already been said, but when you save a household (with house, at least) to the library, the food in the fridge spoils.
    Also, if a pet with high hunting skill has a puppy/kitten, the new pet will be born with high hunting skill, without being trained.
    The Goldsmith Legacy
    - A Sims 3 Legacy Challenge.

6.jpg?w=1024

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Gosh, there's so much I didn't know....Now I just discovered you can have drinks while in the hot tub.

Screenshot-62.jpg

I knew you could listen to music, but didn't know about drinks.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Gosh, there's so much I didn't know....Now I just discovered you can have drinks while in the hot tub.

Screenshot-62.jpg

:open_mouth: Awesome! I'll have to try that when I get TS3 up and going again!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2019
    The problem there is when the drink in question is a hot chocolate. Not a problem for the sim in the hot tub, I mean for the one charged with cleaning chocolate residue out of the tub filter, fifty cups and several spills later. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The problem there is when the drink in question is a hot chocolate. Not a problem for the sim in the hot tub, I mean for the one charged with cleaning chocolate residue out of the tub filter, fifty cups and several spills later. :)

That's why he has a butler. :D
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited December 2019
    5UuHrhU.jpg
    I've been using the Bright Binky Wall Lamp from University to light up arcade machines for a while, I can't believe it never occurred to me to use it for making bar signs brighter.
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    Not sure if these were mentioned or not, but if I'm repeating them, I'm sorry.

(May be obvious for some but not me) For the longest time, I thought Pregnant Sims had to give birth in Hospitals. I had no idea that you can actually perform "homebirthing". More like your Pregnant Sim just huffs, puffs and makes funny faces while grasping at their pregnant belly before a baby appears.

Speaking of being a Pregnant Sim, to help increase your odds at giving birth to Twins and/or Triplets is to watch some Kidz TV and/or listen to Kids Music. And if you'd like to increase your odds for boys, eat apples. For girls, eat Watermelons.

Things I wish I had known. All thanks to the Four Immortal Sims Challenge, for teaching me about homebirthing <3
  • Hope_sharifHope_sharif Posts: 7 New Member
    wild horses could kill you :) Learnt that the hard way..... Does anybody still plays The Sims 3????
    wild horses could kill you :) Learnt that the hard way..... Does anybody still plays The Sims 3????
    How did the Wild Horse kill you? And I still play TS3.
    > @Aaeiyn said:
    > (Quote)
    > How did the Wild Horse kill you? And I still play TS3.

I either chose pet or watch, it was ether a wild horse or a unicorn, my sim went in front of it , it whined and she was on fire and died, she was my only sim so I had to start over!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    > @Aaeiyn said:
    > (Quote)
    > How did the Wild Horse kill you? And I still play TS3.

I either chose pet or watch, it was ether a wild horse or a unicorn, my sim went in front of it , it whined and she was on fire and died, she was my only sim so I had to start over!

It must have been a unicorn. They're supposed to have magic powers of some kind or other.
    @IreneSwift how do you reply to a comment?
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @IreneSwift how do you reply to a comment?
    Some options only become available as soon as your "rank" says "member" instead of "new member". I don't remember the exact requirements, but something like 20 posts and some number of ratings. I gave you some "awesomes" to get you on your way.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited January 2020
    I got myself the Multitab 6000 from the store and it´s like... wow! My sims are learning skills so fast now! It´s like cheating, but better!
    I did know about that tablet, but not, that it is so usefull!
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    There is an option to catch a deer, but when ever it shows up it's grey , and when I put the cursor on it it says that I can't choose it because the deer is going home.
    BUT this option never shows up unless the deer is going home.
    A burglar stole from my house, so I called the cops, a cop then stole my gaming console!
    I think he had the kleptomaniac trait.
    But that is just so funny :D
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    A burglar stole from my house, so I called the cops, a cop then stole my gaming console!
    I think he had the kleptomaniac trait.
    But that is just so funny :D

You can say that again. Those TS 3 cops are about as useless as the cops in Surrey; you report your car stolen and they go “oh, well...”. :rolleyes: :munches donut: “Well fill out a police report and we’ll let you know if we locate it.” ~aside~ fat chance of that ever happening.

Sometimes the TS3 cops actually do more work that RL cops. At least they attempt to catch the burglar.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2020
    When I start a game in an EA world, one of the first things I do is to use NRaas Master Controller to find the police officers and give them level 10 in athletic and martial arts skills. If I forget to do that, then as soon as I hear the burglar music at my sims' houses for the first time, I pause the game and do it then. No burglar has escaped with my sims' property since I've started doing that.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    When I start a game in an EA world, one of the first things I do is to use NRaas Master Controller to find the police officers and give them level 10 in athletic and martial arts skills. If I forget to do that, then as soon as I hear the burglar music at my sims' houses for the first time, I pause the game and do it then. No burglar has escaped with my sims' property since I've started doing that.

^Oh my gosh @IreneSwift that is brilliant! :star:

I must remember to do that!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Typing in "testingcheatsenabled true", before you enter into a File is what allows you to gain more Lifetime Points. By holding down, I think it's the Spacebar and spam click your mouse, between the Lifetime Time Chest and border, of that window. But, you have to have typed in the cheat code before entering a File. Leaving a File, entering the Cheat and entering a File, that way, does not work. It has to be at the initial startup.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    edited January 2020
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    Typing in "testingcheatsenabled true", before you enter into a File is what allows you to gain more Lifetime Points. By holding down, I think it's the Spacebar and spam click your mouse, between the Lifetime Time Chest and border, of that window. But, you have to have typed in the cheat code before entering a File. Leaving a File, entering the Cheat and entering a File, that way, does not work. It has to be at the initial startup.

@Aaeiyn if you have NRAAS MC. You can skip the whole cheat; click on your Sim > NRaas > Master Controller > Intermediate (thank you @igazor) > Lifetime Happiness > Enter the amount of rewards desired. Saves you all the clicking and spacebar wearing out.

:mrgreen: just another helpful tip from “Cheaty MacCheaterson. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited January 2020
    Sorry to have to correct the expert MacCheater up there, but the command path is MC > (Sim) > Intermediate (not Immediate). And the MC Cheats add-on module is required to get the Lifetime Happiness command. The command, like so many others, can also be run on City Hall or an in-game computer so the target sim does not need to be on-screen at the time. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Wait just a minute, I thought I was the Mac Cheater here.

Hang on, what were you talking about? Oh, never mind, carry on.
    edited January 2020
    If you have your In-Game Sounds on, if you listen carefully during "Woohoos", a special jingle plays, when your Sim gets Pregnant, from that special Woohoo. Sometimes, the Sound doesn't always play, but if you have University, if you try to "enroll", your Pregnant Sim, won't be able, to. Even before your Sim discovers that they're Pregnant. This disabling of enrolling to University happens, immediately, after Woohooing is complete.
    edited January 2020
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    ...if you have University, if you try to "enroll", your Pregnant Sim, won't be able, to. Even before your Sim discovers that they're Pregnant. This disabling of enrolling to University happens, immediately, after Woohooing is complete.
    For NRaas mod users, note that this trick doesn't work if one has Traveler installed and set to allow pregnant sims to travel (because thus they can register for Uni as long as they aren't actually going into labor at the time). Instead though, we have the MasterController Status functions and Tagger that can tell us right away whether a sim is pregnant and who the other parent is, if we wish to see that information. Other than that, morning sickness usually arrives soon enough after conception. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top