Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once you've completed the scout badges is there any reason to stay a scout?

It takes up a lot of my teens weekends and I'm wondering if quitting scouts would hurt her in any way?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I think responsibility takes a hit if you have Parenthood, but that's one of the easiest to bring up so I don't know that it hurts that much.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    You can quit and it won’t affect them. Had my teen quit and get a part time job and when they applied for scholarships they still got a scout scholarship because they reached the max of it, I suppose.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    When my teens were finished with Scouting, I usually had them join the Drama Club. I didn't see any effects.
    Unless they changed things, they also can't get a part-time job unless they quit Scouting. I was hoping that they opened things up for teens so that they could be in both Scouting and Drama or be in one and have a job, but the last time I checked, it wasn't so.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2019
    There's no reason to stay once you get the bonus trait. Honestly, you never even have to go to meetings, either. You can basically just join for a few days, cheese your way through the badges and quit.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    There's no reason to stay once you get the bonus trait. Honestly, you never even have to go to meetings, either. You can basically just join for a few days, cheese your way through the badges and quit.

Lol why does this sound like real life
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Not played this part of Seasons yet so am ignorant of the details, even who can join. Are the Scouts open to girls? In my current Seasons test game Cassandra Goth and Sophie Bergson (sp?) are walking by my sim's house in scout uniforms. Might be one of the infamous outfit fails as the blonde from Sulani is walking by in an outrageously bad outfit (looks like formal gown that got dragged through the mud), with boots, umbrella, and winter hat. On the first day of summer.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited January 2020
    Not played this part of Seasons yet so am ignorant of the details, even who can join. Are the Scouts open to girls? In my current Seasons test game Cassandra Goth and Sophie Bergson (sp?) are walking by my sim's house in scout uniforms. Might be one of the infamous outfit fails as the blonde from Sulani is walking by in an outrageously bad outfit (looks like formal gown that got dragged through the mud), with boots, umbrella, and winter hat. On the first day of summer.

It's just the scouts - it's open to any child or teen. It's considered "a job" as that's how they enroll on their phones. They disappear into the great rabbithole on the weekends for a few hours.
    With children you can kill two birds with one stone by fulfilling badge requirements and child aspirations at the same time.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif