Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs sims 3

12346...Next

Comments

• TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    @ataurus You're welcome.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Tayra wrote: »
    @thesimsfairy47 I got mine from a website that bases it from the overall sales of the game. I think they are basing this from the base game. Most of the sites that I've seen they said The Sims 4 still has the lowest sales rate compared to all other PC games.

Facts: TS2 sold One Million units in it's first ten days, setting an all time record. The Sims (1&2) had sold 100 Million units. By 2012 TS2 had sold 6 million Units for PC (disc only...this doesn't include the online DLC. Comp Packs or/ EA Downloader/Store Editions for PC etc.). And 13 Million over all Platforms/consoles and other devices etc.

ETA: TS4 might be a little bit behind that 13 Million mark at the same time as four years over all platforms.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar Do you mean TS3?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Tayra wrote: »
    @Cinebar Do you mean TS3?

No. lol ETA: I was commenting about your TS4 sell numbers. TS4 may still be behind TS2 and TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I understand that, I thought when you were talking about the millions sales I thought you meant TS3 since the articles I read stated that TS3 reached 1.4 million units sold within the first two weeks of it's release.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Ts2, story of a neighborhood. Fun and silly!

Ts3, story of a family, deeper, more realistic, more dramatic.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • SimwatchSimwatch Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been playing sims 2 a lot recently and honestly it's still as fun as the day I first play it. It has this charm that keeps me hooked on playing for hours. Granted it's a little jarring to see the less aestheticly pleasing sims but cc can fix that.
  • SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    Actually TS2 sims, in my opinion, are the best looking without CC. All the iterations' sims look a bit cartoony, but TS4 went a bit too far into the cartoony side, at least to me, they don't even have proper textures! After I got used to them, TS3 sims grew on me, but I will agree that all the children did kinda look the same lol but, hey, they "grew into" their faces over time! :lol:
    The world is quiet here
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    > @Simatropolis said:
    > I can play the Sims 2 Sims without CC, but I can't 3. Sims 3 Sims with CC look better than Sims 2 Sims with or without CC IMO.

I have to disagree. I cant play sims2 without a custom default skin and eyes! But yeah i agree sims in sims3 is also ugly lol. I need custom skins for both of them.
  • VromberVromber Posts: 3 New Member
    Sul Sul!

The Sims 3 is by far the most interesting game I've come to play with... This game is literally unmatched even vanilla... And with Nraas mods...
    I've said it on another topic and on youtube videos and I say it here because this is obviously the perfect topic...

The Sims 2 gameplay is crippled, hollow, lame and dull compared to the Sims 3, both for subjectives reasons and objectives ones... Take a look at objective reasons:

-Skills: There are very few skills in the Sims 2 which make this game inconsistent, crippled and annoying...

*Charisma: You can talk to a mirror for countless hours without talking to ACTUAL sims and still mastering the skill... The Sims 3 incites you to go out to meet people and chat with them with its acquaintances and friendships requirements for progression... You have to move your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from your sofa and go outside to be charismatic!

*Cleaning: Stupid skill...

*Creativity: You can master this one by painting over and over... Then you pick up instruments to find out you're mastering them too, even if you never practiced them before... Just because of your paintings... Sorry but no...

*Mechanical: Only serves for repairing speed... You cannot improve objects...

_Occult lifestates: They are just reskins with no gameplay value... I'm fond of occults from personal taste so this one doesn't pass either... Only plantsims have some interesting interactions, but the others ewww! No! You can "bleh" people being a vampire! Yeah right...

-Lacking content: no magicians, no acrobats, no singers, no festivals, no celebrities, no mermaids, no preferences (tastes), only one voice for males and females per age, no customizables lifespans, no opportunities, no moon, no fairies, no story progression...

Then the subjectives ones... I won't last too long speaking about traits coreplay because it's a hardcoded design the Sims 3 has... But I prefer people who have personnalities rather than aspirations... I prefer the world evolves around me all by itself rather than being a control freak... And there are so many other reasons, but I have spoken too much about myself anyway...

Finally I'm glad my PC makes my Sims 2 CTD as I frankly drop this game with no regret, to play a much better game, coded, that is smarter, with improved design, which demands dedication from me as a gamer, and that is much more consistent overall... I don't buy this "Sims 2 hype" many gamers are trying to sell all over the internet, even if everyone has the right to prefer the game they want... It's up to each gamer to decide what they want to do with their video games in the end of the day...

Dag Dag!
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Vromber wrote: »
    Sul Sul!

The Sims 3 is by far the most interesting game I've come to play with... This game is literally unmatched even vanilla... And with Nraas mods...
    I've said it on another topic and on youtube videos and I say it here because this is obviously the perfect topic...

The Sims 2 gameplay is crippled, hollow, lame and dull compared to the Sims 3, both for subjectives reasons and objectives ones... Take a look at objective reasons:

-Skills: There are very few skills in the Sims 2 which make this game inconsistent, crippled and annoying...

*Charisma: You can talk to a mirror for countless hours without talking to ACTUAL sims and still mastering the skill... The Sims 3 incites you to go out to meet people and chat with them with its acquaintances and friendships requirements for progression... You have to move your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from your sofa and go outside to be charismatic!

*Cleaning: Stupid skill...

*Creativity: You can master this one by painting over and over... Then you pick up instruments to find out you're mastering them too, even if you never practiced them before... Just because of your paintings... Sorry but no...

*Mechanical: Only serves for repairing speed... You cannot improve objects...

_Occult lifestates: They are just reskins with no gameplay value... I'm fond of occults from personal taste so this one doesn't pass either... Only plantsims have some interesting interactions, but the others ewww! No! You can "bleh" people being a vampire! Yeah right...

-Lacking content: no magicians, no acrobats, no singers, no festivals, no celebrities, no mermaids, no preferences (tastes), only one voice for males and females per age, no customizables lifespans, no opportunities, no moon, no fairies, no story progression...

Then the subjectives ones... I won't last too long speaking about traits coreplay because it's a hardcoded design the Sims 3 has... But I prefer people who have personnalities rather than aspirations... I prefer the world evolves around me all by itself rather than being a control freak... And there are so many other reasons, but I have spoken too much about myself anyway...

Finally I'm glad my PC makes my Sims 2 CTD as I frankly drop this game with no regret, to play a much better game, coded, that is smarter, with improved design, which demands dedication from me as a gamer, and that is much more consistent overall... I don't buy this "Sims 2 hype" many gamers are trying to sell all over the internet, even if everyone has the right to prefer the game they want... It's up to each gamer to decide what they want to do with their video games in the end of the day...

Dag Dag!

Actually you can update items in the sims 2, you just have to have a certain level of mechanical skill and handiness.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227