Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

Comments

• StylinorcasStylinorcas Posts: 1 New Member
    I am about to start gen 2. In gen 1 I had twins I was wondering if I can keep the sister of the heir in the house to look after the kids
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    @Stylinorcas Yeah of course :)
  • EckensteinEckenstein Posts: 33 Member
    I'm on gen 2, and my sim's spouse's parents both died, leaving his little sister an orphan, so i moved her in with them. Does this count as against the rules? My main sim (who is the one I'm supposed to be getting to level 10 in her career.) is only level three........
    33az9de.jpg
    @Eckenstein No, that's fine :)
  • SmsMnc14SmsMnc14 Posts: 50 Member
    @Cookingpup99 thank you for the awesome challenge :smiley:
    @Poetry_Paralysis wow 4 gen congratulation, maybe share some stories or screenshots? :wink: and good luck with rest gens :smile:
    @SmsMnc14 nice signature and really enjoy read your story :smile:
    @anonymous_llama Hi! Maybe here you can find some helpful answers for you: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884045/a-quick-guide-to-simlit-sims-story-faq/p1
    @Caspeia Share with us when you start the challenge and good luck :smile:
    @HalcyonSimmer Hi, sorry for lost all saves. And amazing you were on gen 8! Good luck with the retry.
    I visited your page but there are only rules, yes? Cannot wait to read your progress on the challenge. :smile:

Thank you so much!!!
  • SmsMnc14SmsMnc14 Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Cookingpup99 Hey! I have a question about the general rules. Once the next heir starts their generation, do the rules still apply to the previous heir?
    For instance, on generation one points are knocked off if the sim keeps a job after having a child as well as getting married. Does the rule still apply once the second generation begins and so forth?

Never mind :smile: My answer is already posted in the rules!

Post edited by SmsMnc14 on
  • CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2019
    Just started! Here's my first heir, Ashlyn!
    zYBRCNY.png
    I plan for her to be an entertainer, as I made her a Joke Star and a Goofball! I'm excited to start!
    Ashlyn just had her daughter. Meet Mitzi, our second generation heir
    [img][/img]Bg18czU.png
  • Jessi42069Jessi42069 Posts: 6 New Member
    the seasonal one can be confusing because im assuming i should have the seasons change every 14 days in order to have a child for each season lol
  • audreysmagicaudreysmagic Posts: 2 New Member
    I started a couple months ago, and I'm on Gen 4, moving into 5. Which...did not go as planned. I'm following the rules but not keeping track of points, as I'm just doing this for funsies...m a y have bent the rules on this last one, though. My gen 5 heir was shaping up to be the perfectly neglectful parent to the next generation...and then he went and got his dumb self frozen to death swimming in winter. He was still a child...though, in a darkly amusing way, due to a game glitch, my Gen 4 heir (his mother) was at home and didn't even notice he was gone. Rude. Without a spare, I was stuck...but she was still an adult, so I had her have another baby. Who was a girl named Noelle, since she was born on Winterfest. And now I'm basically restarting Gen 4-5...while mom (Harmony) has aged into an elder. I moved a good friend of the family into the house to be Noelle's caretaker if Harmony dies before Noelle's a teen (her other parent's already dead). So it's probably off-book at this point, but I'm having fun. Thanks for this challenge! (And the community lot I've turned into a cemetery is getting pretty popular... ;))

Gen 1: Amanda, mother to Melody
    Gen 2: Melody, mother to River
    Gen 3: River, father to Harmony
    Gen 4: Harmony, mother to Nolan (RIP) and Noelle
    Gen 5: Noelle, currently a toddler
  • audreysmagicaudreysmagic Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, as a fun note for those who follow Kelsey's 100 baby challenge on YouTube, I downloaded the Impicchishmays into the neighborhood, so Dorian Impicchishmay ended up being Nolan's father.
    I started a couple months ago, and I'm on Gen 4, moving into 5. Which...did not go as planned. I'm following the rules but not keeping track of points, as I'm just doing this for funsies...m a y have bent the rules on this last one, though. My gen 5 heir was shaping up to be the perfectly neglectful parent to the next generation...and then he went and got his dumb self frozen to death swimming in winter. He was still a child...though, in a darkly amusing way, due to a game glitch, my Gen 4 heir (his mother) was at home and didn't even notice he was gone. Rude. Without a spare, I was stuck...but she was still an adult, so I had her have another baby. Who was a girl named Noelle, since she was born on Winterfest. And now I'm basically restarting Gen 4-5...while mom (Harmony) has aged into an elder. I moved a good friend of the family into the house to be Noelle's caretaker if Harmony dies before Noelle's a teen (her other parent's already dead). So it's probably off-book at this point, but I'm having fun. Thanks for this challenge! (And the community lot I've turned into a cemetery is getting pretty popular... ;))

Gen 1: Amanda, mother to Melody
    Gen 2: Melody, mother to River
    Gen 3: River, father to Harmony
    Gen 4: Harmony, mother to Nolan (RIP) and Noelle
    Gen 5: Noelle, currently a toddler

Aw I'm glad you're enjoying it :) Savage mother right there lol
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi! I’m on Gen 3, and I really want to share my story so here it goes. Also, I’m doing the names in alphabetical order, so gen 1 is A, gen 2 is B, so on.
    Autumn Aldrich is my first sim. I can’t remember her traits, but she always wanted a big family. She joined the entertainer career, hoping to become a musician some day. Well, when the welcome party came she saw a really cute boy named Travis Scott. Travis found her quite hot, so he asked to come over one day. They hit it off and became a couple. On day, they decided to woohoo. They slept through the night. In the morning, Autumn woke up with a terrible stomach ache. She ran to the bathroom and started to puke. She decided to run to the store to buy a pregnancy test. It can positive. Autumn was so happy, she couldn’t wait to share the news with Travis! When she did though, Travis was upset. He refused to take care of the baby, and broke up with her and left. Autumn was heartbroken, but decided to keep the baby and raise it on her own. The babies name was Brynn, and lived a happy life with her mother. This brings us to Gen 2.

Brynn was career focused. She wanted to be the president of a company. While achieving her goals, she met a guy called Mike. (That wasn’t his real name i forgot 😬) Mike was cute, and they eventually became Bf and Gf. Brynn eventually broke up with him when he caught him cheating. After becoming president of her company, she met Corey Cho. They hit it off and eventually got married. They had 2 daughters, Cady and Catherine. Cady is our next heir.

Cady hated how her mother was never around. She was always at work. So Cady decided to be unemployed and make her money by selling paintings. She was visiting a museum when she met Jake. They hit it off and Jake moved in. They got married and had a son named Derek. Cady got the news that both her parents died and that Catherine was left homeless. Cady took her in and she lived with her. Cady and Micheal had a girl named Daisy. Derek is a teen and Daisy is a kid. Catherine is a young adult. I’m moving her out soon. Cady and Jake are divorced. Cady hated how his relationships with his kids were terrible. They fought for two days before Cady gave in. They kept having the apologize in bed option, and I was really tempted to, but I fought through and divorced them. I kinda want to play a little bit with Jake so he can marry and maybe adopt a child that I age up into a teen and Derek falls in love with her? I love drama. :D;)
    EDIT: Literally 4 hours later after they divorced, Catherine and Cady’s dad died. I’m worried Cady will die of sadness. Also, Jake adoptive daughter is counted as his sister so that’s not gonna work.
    Post edited by CaleSims on
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
    familysims wrote: »
    Hi! I’m on Gen 3, and I really want to share my story so here it goes. Also, I’m doing the names in alphabetical order, so gen 1 is A, gen 2 is B, so on.
    Autumn Aldrich is my first sim. I can’t remember her traits, but she always wanted a big family. She joined the entertainer career, hoping to become a musician some day. Well, when the welcome party came she saw a really cute boy named Travis Scott. Travis found her quite hot, so he asked to come over one day. They hit it off and became a couple. On day, they decided to woohoo. They slept through the night. In the morning, Autumn woke up with a terrible stomach ache. She ran to the bathroom and started to puke. She decided to run to the store to buy a pregnancy test. It can positive. Autumn was so happy, she couldn’t wait to share the news with Travis! When she did though, Travis was upset. He refused to take care of the baby, and broke up with her and left. Autumn was heartbroken, but decided to keep the baby and raise it on her own. The babies name was Brynn, and lived a happy life with her mother. This brings us to Gen 2.

Brynn was career focused. She wanted to be the president of a company. While achieving her goals, she met a guy called Mike. (That wasn’t his real name i forgot 😬) Mike was cute, and they eventually became Bf and Gf. Brynn eventually broke up with him when he caught him cheating. After becoming president of her company, she met Corey Cho. They hit it off and eventually got married. They had 2 daughters, Cady and Catherine. Cady is our next heir.

Cady hated how her mother was never around. She was always at work. So Cady decided to be unemployed and make her money by selling paintings. She was visiting a museum when she met Jake. They hit it off and Jake moved in. They got married and had a son named Derek. Cady got the news that both her parents died and that Catherine was left homeless. Cady took her in and she lived with her. Cady and Micheal had a girl named Daisy. Derek and Daisy are now kids, and Catherine is a young adult. I’m moving her out soon.

I love the names :) They don't seem to have much luck with their partners haha - except Cady.

Cady hated how her mother was never around. She was always at work. So Cady decided to be unemployed and make her money by selling paintings. She was visiting a museum when she met Jake. They hit it off and Jake moved in. They got married and had a son named Derek. Cady got the news that both her parents died and that Catherine was left homeless. Cady took her in and she lived with her. Cady and Micheal had a girl named Daisy. Derek and Daisy are now kids, and Catherine is a young adult. I’m moving her out soon.

I love the names :) They don't seem to have much luck with their partners haha - except Cady.

Thanks! Jake was literally the only male sim that was a young adult at the museum, so I kinda forced the marriage. There romance bar isn’t even that high and their friendship is lower. I might divorce then for drama. ;) But only after Catherine moves out.

Thanks! Jake was literally the only male sim that was a young adult at the museum, so I kinda forced the marriage. There romance bar isn’t even that high and their friendship is lower. I might divorce then for drama. ;) But only after Catherine moves out.

Gotta love a bit of drama ;)

Gotta love a bit of drama ;)

Totally.
  • BMayott411BMayott411 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m on the first generation and my sim just gave birth to triplets🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve been trying to get triplets naturally in other household but this is the ONE FAMILY I didn’t want to have them. Now she only has $500 to support three kids UHHH HAHAHA
    BMayott411 wrote: »
    I’m on the first generation and my sim just gave birth to triplets🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve been trying to get triplets naturally in other household but this is the ONE FAMILY I didn’t want to have them. Now she only has $500 to support three kids UHHH HAHAHA

Oh god!! That's the worst luck! Hope she can manage it :/
  • shadowdeershadowdeer Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey Sorry. In Gen 1 after she quits her job how does earn money? Sorry if this was stated somewhere'
    shadowdeer wrote: »
    Hey Sorry. In Gen 1 after she quits her job how does earn money? Sorry if this was stated somewhere'

She can make money by writing or painting, any way from home.
  • MaybeImierdMaybeImierd Posts: 2 New Member
    is there gonna be a update to this challenge for the new Mermaids and Spellcasters or are you holding back on updates ?
  • MaybeImierdMaybeImierd Posts: 2 New Member
    > @shadowdeer said:
    > Hey Sorry. In Gen 1 after she quits her job how does earn money? Sorry if this was stated somewhere'

im not an expert but I use gardening for money cause it can get you rich quick or make you enough money to just survive depending on how many plants you have
    oKAY SO. I got tired for awhile and stopped playing the sims 4 for a little bit, but I'm back, and i decided to restart. I started with Laura. Shes a mermaid who loves to cook, and she eventually she works in a kitchen!
    1fQYdyI.png
    But something happens.
    ZAYmOLH.png
    She met a lovely man by the name of Rua, and after a night of fun, she finds out shes pregnant. He doesn't respond very well to this, and runs off on her.
    AKW7iue.png
    She finds out that shes having two babies! A boy and a girl. I decide on the names, Benjamin and Fleur. But after an incident (and my poor save file), the boy disappears...
    8HvWN3U.png
    So now its just Fleur and Laura.
    mYVekeY.png
    After awhile, Fleur ages up and grows. Laura is so proud!
    uDwlJN4.png

Now Fleur is older. She moved out, and shes alone. So she decides shes going to be different. Shes gonna have a job, and shes gonna commit!
    BQsNFd8.png
    But.. Shes still gonna play the town.
    nIdAHG4.png
    kC6BrPA.png
    cFxVvgL.png
    She now has a boyfriend named Marco, and shes happy that way.
  • Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    Rules

GENERATION 5: NEGLECTFUL PARENT

When the child ages to teenager this generation begins. When they age up to young adult, they get pregnant. Instead of this, you could try and get your male sim to get abducted within 5 days after ageing up to YA. When they have the baby they don't love it, they don't want it but they have to keep it. They must not stay with the child's other parent. They neglect the child, only feeding and cleaning it. They just ignore the child and get on with their life. They don't have another child.

10pts for reaching the top of career
    10pts for retiring
    15pts for maxing skill
    20 points for every marriage on lot
    25pts for getting married off lot
    -20pts for staying with the parent of the child
    -25pts for having more than one kid (unless abducted)
    -30pts for being friends, good friends or best friend with child after they age to child

Hello, I'm currently on Generation 5, my teen heir is about to age up and I'm just not clear about the alien abduction part. If he doesn't get abducted and fall pregnant, can he have a baby any other (traditional) way, like with a girlfriend/romantic interest, or must it be an alien abduction baby for male sims?
    the-wilds2-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top