Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We have orange juice, but...

emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

where are the oranges? We have lemons, apples, grapes, even bananas and pears with the base game. We have avocados with Selvadorada, great! But we still do not have oranges :/ We neither have oranges at Sims 3, until that premium package that I did not bought because, at those days, premium stuff was really expensive. For me A is for Apple and O is for Orange. Yes, we all want many stuff, maybe we want all the world in one game. I know, it sounds silly, but the absence of this fruit intrigues me :D
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ....and a juicer.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    If you aren't opposed to mods:
    http://modthesims.info/d/618698/harvestable-orange-updated-14th-november-2018.html

But yes, this is something we should have in game and not have to go seeking it out elsewhere...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I never thought of that before! I want my oranges! lol
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited April 2019

Yay, @Dannydanbo Sims 2 juicer was awesome :D For Sims 4 sounds very practical with the mood system.

I play vanilla, I'm awful controlling a modded game @Anmirla but it is good to know about that mod o:)

lol @ManakoHime it is an existential problem indeed :D

By the way, we already have that pretty orange tree from the New Lunar Year Stuff... but it is only ornamental: give life to that orange tree EA Team!!!

xEOlLRP.png
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I wish we had an orange tree also. It would be super easy to do!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    It's petition time, people! xD
  • DestinycrowDestinycrow Posts: 36 Member
    I agree. We need oranges.

Strangely, I did not realize this until you said something. Now it is like yeah, there is no oranges.

Is there apple juice though? Or grape juice? Or am I just so silly as to not find these two juices in game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    But is it enough to only add oranges then? I would like many more harvestables :|

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I wish we had the juicer like we had in Sims 2. It would be great to make a selection of fruit juices with various benefits.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Strangely, I did not realize this until you said something. Now it is like yeah, there is no oranges.

Is there apple juice though? Or grape juice? Or am I just so silly as to not find these two juices in game.

Haha yeah we need oranges, but also apple and grape juice.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    But is it enough to only add oranges then? I would like many more harvestables :|

We need many more harvestables. How in the frig do my Sims make a garden salad without lettuce? Or cucumbers? We have blackberries, but not blueberries? I want peaches for peach cobbler. I have mods for all of these and more (thank you so much icemunmun and Brazen Lotus!), but I would love to not have to rely on modders.
    This is a big reason why I'd like to see a Farming/Country Living EP. They could add so many more fruits, veggies and spices. They could also add rice, barley, wheat and oat.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never thought about it, but you’re right.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This is a good point. It would be easy to add this. Some of the worlds are already suited to growing oranges. (Oasis Springs, anyone?)

As for juicing and smoothies, I'd like to see them such as in a broader pack with other activities. I agree that we really have room for farming. We don't have many of the large-scale crops such as corn, beans, wheat, oats or barley. As someone else mentioned there are still some fruits that are missing. Mango, anyone?

Modern farms also harvest solar and wind energy which sounds like it would appeal to the team. (Power your own off-the-grid lifestyle and sell any excess energy).

Anyway, yes, I'd also like to see other types of juice. That seems easy to add. I know they polled us in the stuff pack poll. Something like that might do better in a different pack. Farm-to-table seems like an obvious theme along with the animals.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Haha yeah we need oranges, but also apple and grape juice.

There is sparkling apple juice with Dine Out, and I suppose nectar being like wine it’s maybe made from grapes.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    At some point, I was in the process of installing all of the mods from that CC creator. I ended up giving up as there are so many. It's really nice, though, that some freely share extensive work such as this - how much moolah did EA miss out on by not creating these things themselves? Puts a smile on my face.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top