Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims Expansion Pack Really Wasn't Worth It

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2020
    Get Famous
    Get Famous. The world is an afterthought and the celebrity thing gets old FAST.

It was the pack that broke the proverbial camel’s back for me. I haven’t purchased anything since then.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous. Unless you plan on making a lot of your sims celebrities, the pack has little replay value. I did it once and had no desire to ever do it again. I just don't find it to be a pack that'll be used more than once unless you're really into the celebrity lifestyle thing. Also, unless you play the acting career, it's incredibly tedious to earn fame. Del Smol Valley is also probably the weirdest world. The lot sizes are just awkward and there's way too little space to actually do anything. CAS and BB is good, but nothing special to warrant paying full price for this pack.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Get Famous
    While it generally/usually comes down to personal preferences, I find Get Famous least beneficial although I enjoy the additional careers.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I find the pets stressful to play. I also don’t like all the presents or whatever unplayed dogs find in that neighborhood.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Get to Work
    1) Get To Work: I don't use the active careers, aliens, or the business features. I don't like that baking and photography are now Base Game. I do however use the Buy/Build mode items frequently.

2) Get Together: The Windenburg world is ugly. The routing in the world is atrocious. I do however use the club feature to group my Sim's family together so they can easily get to know each other.

3) Cats & Dogs: Cats aren't my thing. Never have been. Never will be. The last time I played with a family that had a dog, I realized I was totally ignoring him. I kept the food bowl filled and that was it. I'm just not really into the pet gameplay I guess. The dog was constantly running away because no one socialized with him. I honestly didn't care. I downloaded a mod that let me control pets, but it didn't make much of a difference overall. I really like the world that came in the pack, though. The vet career was nice the few times I did it, but before reading this thread I had totally forgotten about it.

I won't say any of them were a "waste" but these are hands down the 3 EPs I use the least.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Get to Work
    I'm looking at the results of the poll and I'm shocked to see some people don't like Seasons lol I thought everyone loved that pack.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    Seasons
    I found seasons woefully overpriced for what amounted to small lines of coding to give weather effects, in addition to some clothing choices. It has been one pack i found i regretted buying even at half price. It didn't offer anything substantial at all and should of been made a game pack instead, at least when it is half price at that point as a game pack, it could be considered reasonable to get.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    City Living
    'City Living' came with a lot of disappointments... starting with the fact that we can't build our own apartments (yes, I know they said this ahead of time, but that still doesn't change my opinion on this).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited January 2020
    City Living
    I like them all, but I hardly ever move my Sims to city. There are a lot of annoyances, especially the thing that I can't fast forward the game when there are neighbors standing in the hallway during the night.
    Festivals are quite boring. Romance festival would be much more fun if there were single Sims to romance with, but the only Sims to attend the festival are married (Bjergsens, Landgraabs, Fyres etc).
    However, I do like the atmosphere of San Myshuno and I like to visit there with my Sims, I just don't like them to live in there.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Windenburg is great, and I love the Sims that come with it. The CAS is great. But basing an ENTIRE expansion pack on clubs? Useless.

I dunno, the entire expansion pack was based on having closets to woohoo in, dancefloors and dJs (so, real discos and nightclubs), and gorgeous scenery, both natural and human built. But the clubs are a great cheat-like solution for various problems if you use them inventively. You can create a Cleaning and Repairs Club, enlist members, then invite them to your house. Jobs, done, free! Or a social club for filling social needs...or a physical needs club if you like, and member just instantly seem to materialize at your beck and call, to do your bidding so long as it's built into the club activities.

Evil, I know.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I put Cats and Dogs because I have it on PS4 and was glad I never bought it for PC. but I wish I could change my vote to Get Famous, because it really is only worth one play-through, and the people fainting and nothing being able to be done anywhere in any world due to celebrities, does get old. But there are mods to keep celebrities from spoiling every social event by crashing it, at least.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work easily for me they just did nothing right in that pack endless limitations poorly thought out retail with no real game play to keep you busy as store owner or shopper and boring checklist careers. Had they at least added the police station and hospital to Magnolia Promenade where your played Sims could of went to the hospital or been arrested it would of at least had some redeeming quality but it does not.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Get Famous
    For me Get Famous is the pack I probably use least. None of the packs are truly bad though, it really just depends on personal preference which one you like or don't like.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Get Famous
    A tie between get famous and cats and dogs - I've not bought either yet as I'm not interested in celebrity and cats and dogs sounds like family play, which I'm not interested in either.

The one that i own that I play least is discover university, but solely because I have to boot into windows 7 to play it. My Mac is stuck on legacy edition, but I installed windows 7 as it can run 64 bit windows. However switching just to play DU? Nah.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2020
    Cats & Dogs
    After thinking this through I'm surprised more people didn't choose cats and dogs. That's my choice if I had to pick one. Only cats and dogs, they take up the house hold space and you cannot even control them. Build and buy is lacking plus too many stickers that I never use. A lot of people complained about island living feeling empty. Well with this all I feel I really got was a cat and a dog that constantly begs.

Edit to add: I like to add stray cat or dog lot traits to my house because I don't have room in my house for one. But everytime I do they look disturbingly sick ALL the time. And consistantly throw up all over my house. 😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    City Living
    I don't really enjoy living in apartments because of the constantly noisy neighbours. The geek festival is fun but only when it's not raining. Of all my packs, that is the one I could most easily live without.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I think Cats and Dogs sill has too many issues and moreover I don't like the focus of the pack (veteranian career/sick pets and expanded pet CAS).
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I always looked forward to pets expansions. I liked being able to fill out my families, and loved the little quirky things they added. In Sims 2, my cats always became actors, and in 3, I loved sending my dogs out to find me gems. In Sims 4, they seem more like decoration than family members. Decorations that take up a household slot I could use for someone more interesting.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2020
    Cats & Dogs
    I love my cats and dogs but...

Every time I load another household their cats and dogs are sick. This is so annoying if you play rotational. The other packs I can return to and play but I am so tired of curing pets.

We also got pets not greeting each other, bugged vet clinics, food bowls disappearing, dirty and hungry strays...the list goes on with the bugs and the bad game design in this pack.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Get Famous
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    City Living
    I put Cats and Dogs because I have it on PS4 and was glad I never bought it for PC. but I wish I could change my vote to Get Famous, because it really is only worth one play-through, and the people fainting and nothing being able to be done anywhere in any world due to celebrities, does get old. But there are mods to keep celebrities from spoiling every social event by crashing it, at least.

I've found that Spellcasters come in very handy when there are unwanted celebrities around. Plus, there's an unapologetic joy in setting them afire when they disrupt gameplay. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    Get Famous
    Get famous is the 'winner' loud and clear. I have no interest at all in fame, celebrities irritate me when they show up, I don't use the streaming equipment and the world is the only world I avoid actively ingame.

Runner ups are cats and dogs and city living. I rarely play sims with pets but I for cats and dogs, the world makes up a lot. And even if my sims don't live in the city, it is a nice place for them to visit on a night out.

The other packs I own are essential for my game: get to work for the aliens and science career, get together for the fantastic world and clubs, seasons for the realism of the weather and the holidays. I only recently tried discover University but I think it belongs with the packs I really enjoy for both the university experience and the world.

Island living is the only one missing from my collection.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living gets boring very quickly. Get to Work is a close second; I rarely use it, but at least when I do it's interesting and fun to play.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• AlexaniaAlexania Posts: 19 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    It was a tie between Get to Work and Cat and Dogs for me (caveat, I don't have Island Living and Get Famous).

I just never actually find myself playing with pets, that being said, Brindleton Bay is probably my main world. XD