Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited August 2020
    Past Challenge Post:
    1. Gingerbread House
    2. Debt Collector’s House
    3. Valentine's Day
    4. My Birthday
    5. Rainy Day Fun
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited December 2019
    For fun, I'm going to post my build and gingerbread man and gingerbread woman with screenshots:

Forum ID: coolsim9999999
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery Name: Gingerbread Magic House
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4B4F636D222F11EA872F342C8609C7AD?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Name and town of the lot used: The Summer Home in Windenburg
    Back Story:
    From my recent live streams, this gingerbread house oozes Christmas spirit from every piece of candy and cookie walls and decorations.
    GQgSKFb.png
    street view
    f0u0XTP.png
    bird’s eye view of each floor

The Sims I made for this challenge.
    Gallery Name: GingerBread Man + Woman
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7A5ED5EA223011EA88D9342C8609C7AD?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Back Story:
    From my recent livestreams, this married gingerbread man and woman lives in a gingerbread house, which oozes #Christmas spirit from every piece of candy and cookie walls and decorations.
    CexB45C.png
    oaftfrO.png
    lJiniPS.png
    4kkjdXo.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Gingerbread Magic House is a lovely gingerbread house! @coolsim9999999 :) Very creatively designed build! The candies throughout the home are very nice! The colourful floor tiles on edges are very nice and the rows of colourful crystals are very nice! The icing. cherries and candies themed roofing looks great! The festive wreaths and garlands are very nice on exterior and great gingerbread exterior texture! Very nice interior layout of the build! The five rooms are very nice! Very lovely and pretty room with all the candies on the floor! The snowflakes are very nice on the walls,
    It is a very nice and sweet gingerbread home! :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Great Gingerbread houses all. I'm sorry I was not able to get one in for you @coolsim9999999 but hope to be able to enter your next challenge. Now to go eat some gingerbread! ♥
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Such a fun house @coolsim9999999 the ice rink really is an ultimate “Christmas 365” touch. So much fun and whimsy.
    edited January 2020
    Challenge Announcement Post:
    My 2nd Challenge:
    January’s build challenge:

Construct a debt collector’s house --- for all the bills some sims can't pay after Christmas. Please include an office for the debt collector with seating for clients, as well. He or she has a spouse and two children who all live in the family’s home.

Due: Thursday, Jan 30 at midnight EST

Tours: Friday Jan 31 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST

Rules:
    Any budget, lot size, packs and world.
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.
    Hashtag: #fireflydebtcollector
    In addition, please post your builds to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Due: Thursday, January 30, 2020 by midnight EST.

Entry Form
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Link:
    Name and town of the lot used:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your build:
    Back Story:
    Please include
    one street view photo
    A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s builds B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2020
    Thank you very much for your awesome comments, @rosemow @Taoron @wendyology B)<3!!! I was trying to re-arrange my challenge page so people could find the current challenges better, and I somehow don't have my thank you responses to you guys :o! Sorry about that. I really appreciate your writing about my gingerbread hous B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2020
    Spare Post
    if needed
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2020
    Spare Post 2
    if needed
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2020
    Spare Post 3
    if needed
    4kkjdXo.png

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    What an intriguing concept! It could go very lavish or very messy, depending on who he's collecting from.
    Thanks so much @wendyology B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    So I ran out of time for this challenge last month, hoping to get one in this time! I agree with @wendyology - intriguing!! For me and my way-to-literal mind debt collector house immediately conjured up some Dickensian Scrooge type with a family living innocently behind the scenes....need to give it some thought to bring it a little more up to date and simslike lol. Great idea @coolsim9999999 I love the out of the box thinking!
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Debt Collector...I started with a hole in the ground, under a rock. I think it needs more work.
    That’s o.k. @AliSim19 :)! I’m glad that you and @wendyology both love my idea so much <3! Great idea, and I can’t wait to see it B)!

Lol @Taoron :D! I'm looking forward to seeing your build, as well B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Great idea @coolsim9999999 ! We'll see if I can get creative enough to make something. My kids and I have just started watching "Once Upon a Time" and so my thoughts imediently went to Mr. Gold. I would love to give him a family and a happy ending 🙂 (not sure how the show ends, maybe he already has one)
    That's an awesome idea @AlJay B)! I hope you can enter, and I'm looking forward to seeing you entry B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    currently working on mine. got most of the home done. Thanks for creating this! I love build challenges vs. playing challenges. I'm much more of a builder.
    Welcome to this challenge @Pepper61 B)! I can't wait to see your house B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2020
    Entry Form
    Forum ID: AlJay
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Link: Magic Comes with a Price
    Name and town of the lot used: The Roadstead in Magnolia Promenade
    Building tip feedback wanted? Sure :)
    Creative notes about your build: All no custom content artwork was created by myself. I used a family created by guidjsim (Thank you) to play test my build.
    Back Story: Mr. Gold owns the town of Storybrooke. Everyone pays their debts to him. He has a pawn shop where you can find him if you need him, but if you owe him anything he will find you. Therefore, there is no need to have seating in his pawn shop. The house has three bedrooms. One for himself, Belle, and if Bae is ever found there is a room waiting for him as well. (Sorry guys, my knowledge is pretty small as I just finished watching the first season)
    street view photo
    T3LgVKu.png
    lQvX6NI.png
    A bird’s eye view
    aML0jni.png
    78lBgBF.png
    additional screenshots of your build Found Here
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Your build is so very creative! @AlJay :) You have designed it so very well! It is so very detailed! Each area looks so very great! Very nice design, furnishing and layout of the bakery, hardware store home, and pawn shop! They are all built and furnished so lovely! Your wallart for the build is very great!
    It is very lovely Storybrooke town! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow
    @AlJay i went to view your whole gallery and i just wanted to say wow! I am so impressed with this build! you did amazing. and I absolutely love the Once upon a time theme! Great work!! <3
    Forum ID: Pepper61
    Origin ID: Pepper6661
    Gallery Link: https://imgur.com/a/ermsUHp Birds eye views of each floor level can be found here. I didn't want to fill up the forum here with all the pictures.
    Name and town of the lot used: Bff on Willow Creek
    Building tip feedback wanted? yes please
    Creative notes about your build: I love Building homes. just not great at it yet. I tried to make a unique home for this one.
    Back Story: After a few years of running the business from home James' wife asked that he turn the basement into his work space and try to keep "business" out of the living area, after a few hostile break ins to their family home. He decided to make a vault room filled with most of the Items that had been recovered.
    iXSclq8.png
    hKJh2Vf.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top