Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is better suited for University? A vampire or a spellcaster?

I mean vampire energy depletes slower but spellcasters have the potion of plentifull needs. Vampires can learn faster at night but spellcasters have the potion of the nimble mind. Spellcasters can magically fix stuff around the dorm but vampires can command others to do it? So who do you think is more likely to do well or have an easier time based on its occult type?

Who is better suited for University? A vampire or a spellcaster? 96 votes

Vampires
9%
emereBabykittyjadeannaliese39McFizzleShizzleTTNsimmerMaWhilizecsontHe_silent_HOraKhol 9 votes
Spellcasters
70%
CK213GoldmoldarLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatbandit5NighteyesIceyJCabelle1863starrling33PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarAlrynnIsb917StrangerthanSimQueenie9KementariMariefoxprice83cchant86rosehrtgirlMoon_Willow 68 votes
They are both equal
19%
Jonathan777JerrelloThangwenLoriTSpAsitexmariajane216Sketch793Sheepilingcat_momOldGeekWomanVivi_WillowTreesmurfy77thenameslynith13SERVERFRADragonfire2lmCelSimsmickimagnumfaeriedusteSimsimmeraidan 19 votes

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Spellcasters
    I tried a vampire early on but the difficulty I had was making sure she had enough to drink, whereas spellcasters don't have that problem.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    They are both equal
    I've done both. A vampire in a dorm has no problem regarding food xD And was slightly more entertaining as I use a mod to make them a bit more deadly. The teleports both have are great for eliminating getting to class late. My spellcaster did learn a bit more quickly thanks to the nimble mind potion, but I generally found the vamp as convenient with no need to guzzle potions.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters can conjure meals whenever they're hungry, can spam Potion of Plentiful Needs all they want, and can get to class instantly by flying on a broom.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires!! But I'm also biased because I love them more. But vampires can drink from roommates or visitors. Or even just order plasma packs. Vampires can run super fast or mist yourself to class. Plus one of my vampires are so leveled up he never needs sleep or much of anything. He just lives on eternally so he was perfect for school.
    It's probably equal but my vote is for vampires.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, definitely. As someone already mentioned, they can summon a meal and chug down those needs potions. They can also get to A to B with that teleport thing (most of the times anyway). I tried with a vampire once, but since she was nowhere near being a master vampire, and then obviously didn't have that sun resistant power, it became a hassle regarding all those times you have to be outside, and since coffins aren't included in any dorm (fancy that =P) it became a challenge to keep the energy up, as she could regain only so much through dark meditation.
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    I Imagine it would depend on the level of Vampire/Spellcaster. Daytime classes for a thin-skinned vampire would lead to Crispy Vamps.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters because they can walk around in daylight without problems and they don't feel the urge to drink from fellow students.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2019
    Spellcasters
    Truthfully, they're pretty equal with regards to powers and shortcuts that make Uni easier. However, vampires require time to level up before they can use perks (unless you have a vampire already maxed out.) Spellcasters can start using potions, buy a broom, etc. immediately.

ETA: And your vamps will burn to death while turning in presentations and attending graduation. I'm sure this is an oversight and will probably be fixed in a patch, but for now it's a major problem.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Spellcasters
    Also, spellcasters can use spells to clean up the mess the roomies are too lazy to clean up, and make spoiled food edible again. xD
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited December 2019
    Spellcasters
    My current sim at uni is a spellcaster, and he's finding it super easy. The spellcasting bloodline (he has a strong bloodline) came through his father's side of the family. His Dad, Muhammad Vatore either has Caleb Vatore as a Dad or Granddad, not sure since MCC did it and a spellcaster as a Mum or Grandma and the spellcaster gene got passed on instead of the vampire one. I'm gonna have to look up the family tree and see where Caleb pops in!

Edit - So I'm guessing MCC or the game is making some sims spellcasters... Muhammad's Dad is indeed Caleb Vatore (who has 4 kids, one with Penny Pizzazz, and twins with a townie as well as Muhammad). His Mam is Yuki Vatore (previously Yuki Behr), So that's where the spell caster genes come from. Muhammad had a weak bloodline (he died of old age a few sim days ago).
    They are both equal
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Truthfully, they're pretty equal with regards to powers and shortcuts that make Uni easier. However, vampires require time to level up before they can use perks (unless you have a vampire already maxed out.) Spellcasters can start using potions, buy a broom, etc. immediately.

ETA: And your vamps will burn to death while turning in presentations and attending graduation. I'm sure this is an oversight and will probably be fixed in a patch, but for now it's a major problem.

You don't have to be a spellcaster to use potions though. You can send a muggle to university with a bunch of bought ones!

I've got a max level vamp and his half brother, max level spellcaster, enrolling today. I already suspect Zion the vamp is going to have an easier time of it. He has no needs at all other than plasma really. Sleep is a dark meditation once every other day or so. He's learnt the research and robotics skills far faster than his potion guzzling brother. OFC I'm biased to my vampires though :) a low level one would absolutely have a rough time of it with sunlight though with batform as a level 1 skill I'm sure it's do able.

DeVMxEs.png

I'm thrilled Joaquin can finally have occult eyes :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Option D - Neither
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Spellcasters
    I wouldn't dare send a fledgling vampire to university, but perhaps a higher level one. I guess it's obvious why a spellcaster would be better for university - I even thought of a Hogwarts type of school just for spellcasters, but that's probably not gonna be possible. Both would be kinda fun, though.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    They are both equal
    Well my Grandmaster Vampire and Virtuoso Wizard both graduated with honours. While waiting for the graduation ceremony they got news that they had won the lottery :/

10 Sims dead and this was definately where having a vampire was a blessing. I'd have my wizard morphiate the annoying violin players, second offense got them killed. 5 babies born. I personally found the vampire to be more convenient, who cares about chugging potions when you don't have needs in the first place. No cares about dorm food or getting fat when your dorm mates are basically a buffet. Both were fun and I may be biased :)
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    Spellcasters
    [quote="CelSims;c-17342019"]Well my Grandmaster Vampire and Virtuoso Wizard both graduated with honours. While waiting for the graduation ceremony they got news that they had won the lottery :/

10 Sims dead and this was definately where having a vampire was a blessing. I'd have my wizard morphiate the annoying violin players, second offense got them killed. 5 babies born. I personally found the vampire to be more convenient, who cares about chugging potions when you don't have needs in the first place. No cares about dorm food or getting fat when your dorm mates are basically a buffet. Both were fun and I may be biased :)
    [/quote]

How did thoes 10 sims die?
    They are both equal

How did those 10 sims die?

Influence emotions level 3 anger mostly. At one point I almost killed my wizard cos I forgot he wasn't a vamp anymore lol.

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Vampires

Oh, please, Vampires are perfection <3

:D

dfjUJmD.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    They are both equal
    Education for all!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I mean vampire energy depletes slower but spellcasters have the potion of plentifull needs. Vampires can learn faster at night but spellcasters have the potion of the nimble mind. Spellcasters can magically fix stuff around the dorm but vampires can command others to do it? So who do you think is more likely to do well or have an easier time based on its occult type?

Mermaid.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    I feel that playing as vampire would be more fun
    but playing spellcaster would be easier
    if that makes sense
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Vampires
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I feel that playing as vampire would be more fun
    but playing spellcaster would be easier
    if that makes sense

It totally makes sense. I m playing a vampire and a caster in uni right now. The vampire is ahead at his studies but he almost burned to death twice while going to class. It is fun playing around the vampure weaknesses though.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Spellcasters
    Vampires have food limitations and sunlight allergies which make them more difficult. Though my possessed(strangerville) vampire sim is doing very well as all his needs replenish at 1am. He's not had to eat once at uni. I barely have to pay attention to his needs unless he works out and needs a shower. Thinking of getting all my students possessed.
    Spellcasters can make the plentiful needs potion which is a miracle thing. Only thing is cauldrons count as stoves/grills and cannot be in uni housing. You'd have to stock up majorly before going.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    They are both equal
    Don't forget the Sunlight Reversal cocktail if you are considering playing a vampire. Drinking one just before classes or presentations will keep the sun from being a problem.
  • SimsMamaJackieSimsMamaJackie Posts: 13 New Member
    Spellcasters
    Def spell caster... a vampire will burn during the day not to mention they're constantly thirsty