Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm hoping to get back to my generation two soon as well. :) Been rearranging furniture and cleaning house and the computer will be set back up soon.
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    Will there be an update for DU? :)
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @Armika74 - Eventually I'm sure, but I haven't gotten the expansion yet and have no time-table as to when that will change. Sorry!
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Armika74 - Eventually I'm sure, but I haven't gotten the expansion yet and have no time-table as to when that will change. Sorry!

No hurry! I´m just about to start a new save after lots and LOTS of personal and PC problems <3
  • JagPacker26JagPacker26 Posts: 8,407 Member
    Hey there! I see you're still around doing your simming thing. I remember using some of your sims in my last baby challenge (In the Sims 3).

Anyways I just started creating a new story again! Its gonna be on YouTube instead of Wordpress. You could check it out!

Hopefully I'll be able to check out your story soon!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Was doing good. Only 1 fail, 1 toddler, spouse in the tech career, TH in college and working on her aspiration so lets get pregnant and get some points. We got 15 points. Natural triplets. I cry.
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,031 Member
    Oh! Good luck with the triplets! I had them recently in my ISBI and definitely lost a lot of points with them! haha
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @JACKIEJOY - That happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Lol, sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but I laugh at my own as well. <3 Good luck!
    I have never had triplets, just twins... So many twins xD
  • silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 281 Member
    I'm so glad this forum exists. I've been using it like crazy as I work my way through generation 1 of my Alaphabetcy ISBI....totally inspired (made insane) by Mojo's Wilde's. :smiley: In case anyone wants to have a read this is the main page for it.
    https://ciyrosesims.home.blog/blog/ts4-stories/the-otts-alphabetcy-isbi/

In reading through the forums and the rules and from what I was getting doing things within an NTH's inventory isn't an issue, but my question is, is there any reason to ever pull out or set down school projects? Do kids ever autonomously work on them in people's experience? Also, the toddler skills, those points are for any of the skills correct? I ask because I didn't see anything specific, but I know most go up to level 5, but potty is a level 3 so I didn't know if it counted. I've been counting it, but didn't want to get points unjustly if I misunderstood that rule. Thanks for having an active forum that has hashed out so many of these rules!
    I believe with Parenthood you can encourage them to do a school project?
    Oh that's interesting...I hadn't thought to try that! Thanks for that tip Shadami
    Yeah, kids won't autonomously work on projects. But you can pull them out and influence them to at least start them (with Parenthood). Once they're started you can have your TH work on them too. Even without the kid lol

And yes, the potty skill still counts as +5 since it is mastered at level 3. Just like the adult skill photography would count because it maxes at 5 instead of the usual 10
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    So the triplets cost me 65 points in dirty diapers but we survived. I have some pictures if people want to see them. (And if I can get them to post. Dinosaur here.) I avoided this save until yesterday but I actually had fun with them. If z juice is not allowed, how many points per potion is the penalty? I used 3.
    So, if any of you have read and/or are interesting in helping decide the heir to the A generation of my ISBI I have the link up to the poll:
    https://ciyrosesims.home.blog/2020/01/02/otts-family-founding-heir-poll/

I have had an absolute ball with this challenge so far, and it can be very hard for me to be hands-off, but it's been a ton of fun.
    Ariana would be interesting only because those traits and aspiration makes her feel like she would run a pufferfish restaurant.
    Yeah, Ariana does have an interesting set of traits/aspiration. The results are actually in and I just posted a new update if anyone is interesting.

https://ciyrosesims.home.blog/2020/01/12/otts-family-eddie-09/
  • Sa11ySparrowSa11ySparrow Posts: 2 New Member
    I just got back into Sims (we'll see for how long...got another IRL nooboo coming). I started a new ISBI a couple weeks ago and just now read through the all the pages of this Challenge thread. I messed up already!! I was switching aspirations for my TH because I didn't realize it wasn't allowed. I'm on my 2nd gen TH now, and I was doing the same with her. Should I just deduct some points from my score?
    @Sa11ySparrow As far as I know, if you complete one aspirations, you are able to switch to a new one. I don't think you can switch mid-way through one though (because that would be easy point building lol). For your situation, I would maybe deduct the points you earned from whatever aspiration wasn't the original. And and continue on with your 2nd gen TH and their original aspiration.
    Ok, I tried to see if someone has asked this before, so if I missed it, sorry! I did try.

For the randomizing aspiration/traits for a whole generation, is that just the kids, or does that include the adults too. So for instance, I made my TH, got him married and randomized all the kids traits/aspirations, but he completed his aspiration and I picked another one. Should I have randomized that in order to get those points, or is it for the kids only?

Additionally, I just realized I did this, married in the second gen's spouse, took her traits, threw them into a randomizer and got an aspiration that I then set for her. Now she technically had an aspiration when she moved in. I'm guessing I shouldn't have done that, but since I randomized it I essentially had the same effect (having to deal with whatever she got) would you consider that any issue?

I'm having so much fun with this challenge/family. They can drive me nuts sometimes, but I love them. I have about 5 posts scheduled too, played SO MUCH. I have been updating it lately if you aren't all caught up: https://ciyrosesims.home.blog/blog/ts4-stories/the-otts-alphabetcy-isbi/
  • simmietwins22simmietwins22 Posts: 24 Member
    We enjoy playing the ISBI challenge so far! Check out our latest episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co-HVMvR1aw Thanks for all the support, this community is awesome!
    Ok, I tried to see if someone has asked this before, so if I missed it, sorry! I did try.

For the randomizing aspiration/traits for a whole generation, is that just the kids, or does that include the adults too. So for instance, I made my TH, got him married and randomized all the kids traits/aspirations, but he completed his aspiration and I picked another one. Should I have randomized that in order to get those points, or is it for the kids only?

Additionally, I just realized I did this, married in the second gen's spouse, took her traits, threw them into a randomizer and got an aspiration that I then set for her. Now she technically had an aspiration when she moved in. I'm guessing I shouldn't have done that, but since I randomized it I essentially had the same effect (having to deal with whatever she got) would you consider that any issue?

I'm having so much fun with this challenge/family. They can drive me nuts sometimes, but I love them. I have about 5 posts scheduled too, played SO MUCH. I have been updating it lately if you aren't all caught up: https://ciyrosesims.home.blog/blog/ts4-stories/the-otts-alphabetcy-isbi/

I always took the randomizing to mean the kids. Since I think she was thinking more that all the randomizing happens on a birthday. For spouses, I dont typically change spouse aspirations or anything unless its one I KNOW they cant do anything with (like a normal SIM having a vampire aspiration or one of the location ones).
    Ok, so then I did randomize all the kid's aspirations in the founding gen, I just didn't with Eddie. I didn't give myself the points for it because I wasn't sure if I did it right after I re-read it, but we should could use those points. For Audra, I don't remember what her aspiration was before. I won't change it again, now it's just, do I remove some points because I changed it before she finished the one she came with.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hello everyone! :)

@Lynnwood or anyone who can help, I have a couple questions. I just started an ISBI and I am wondering about the spouse aspiration question too. My founding TH's potential spouse has the Archaeology Scholar aspiration. Can I change that to something else or would that be against the rules? Should I randomize the new one if it's alright to change it? Or can I pick one myself?

Also, she is a born in-game Sim from another Simmer's Legacy and has the Top Notch Toddler and Responsible traits. Does that matter? Or should I try to remove those? I already removed all the skills she had learned. Thanks! :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Lynnwood Alrighty, well I went ahead and used my own discretion. After I took the trouble to remove the spouse's traits, the game gave her Level 6 in Mixology afterward so she could bartend. Running with that, I changed her aspiration to Master Mixologist and put her in the Culinary career. I'm just ignoring the Top Notch Toddler & Responsible traits, they don't seem to change anything except she automatically defaults to 'work hard' when going to work. I would've changed the tone to that anyway. lol

The potential Gen two heir has arrived, a boy. They named him Jack. :) I'll have them wait until he's a child before trying again for another baby. I won't be blogging about this, but here's my founder, Eddy Lovell, his wife Amy (Brennan) Lovell (her Mom is an alien, she's not) and their first son. He just aged up to toddler.
    4P4tmoS.png
    qZzXn0o.png

Jack rolled Angelic for his trait. :)

Other details:

Eddy began Rags to Riches style on the empty lot in Mirage Park, Del Sol Valley. No lot traits. Aspiration: Joke Star (now Fabulously Wealthy), Traits: Childish, Goofball, Ambitious. Eddy's in the Entertainment career, and has branched off to Comedian. He's around Level 6 or 7 now. He's a 1 star celebrity, close to 2 star. He's just recently achieved Level 10 in Comedy and completed the Joke Star aspiration.

He built a small, sparsely furnished house, including a fully-equipped nursery before asking his now wife to move-in. Eddy was one day away from aging up to adult. They both took a potion of youth right after Amy moved in. Amy had the Archaeology Scholar (now Master Mixologist as mentioned) aspiration. Her traits are: Glutton, Child of the Ocean, Ambitious.

The ISBI household at the moment is the only Sims with aging on. I'll probably turn it on for everyone once Jack and any siblings are close to aging up to children. Full autonomy on with it off for currently selected Sim, in this case Eddy.

So far I have not had any failures. We'll see how long that lasts now that there is a toddler on the loose! lol So there ya go, that's my ISBI so far in a nutshell. I'll post updates with pics if anything interesting happens. I hope it's okay to do that here? This thread seems a bit slow at the moment, I hope I don't end up being the only one to post in here now. lol Have a great week everyone/anyone who happens to read this and...

Happy Simming! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top