Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treat Showdown Is Exhausting

Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
Before starting this event, I had over 100,000 simoleons stocked up from completing events and llamazooms. Guess how much I have now? About 11k. And the prices for sugar cube refills? Ridiculous amounts of simcash/cupcakes. But the price of completing Rounds for the challenge aren't my main gripe.

It's the fact that you can have above a 90% success rate and STILL have a Dessert Disaster. I thought this function would be similar to the risky interaction feature, where, as long as you're in the green area, you're fine. But the chances on this event are just random.

Here's a Dessert Disaster at 90% in Round 2 :|
sims_m10.jpg

I also got a Dessert Disaster at 97% in Round 7 before another time. But then another time, I WON the second to last round on the 75% success rate, even though I consistently would lose previously if I dared to attempt below a 90% success rate.

There's still 1d 13hr remaining for me and I only have earned 45/76 prizes. The only redeeming factor about this event is that we don't receive duplicates that turn into useless fashion gems and (a pinch of) simoleons - we get different color swatches each time (they listened to us).

I hope we won't be seeing other events similar to this set-up because if so, count me out.
▼add/follow▼
●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀

Comments

• ZeedweedZeedweed Posts: 1 New Member
    It's rediculous. I had 760000 simoleons and about 1500 simcash before starting the challenge. I've used up most of the simcash and about 300000 simoleons. Still I don't really believe I will make it to the "Grandprice" with only a few days left. It's rediculous how few items you get for each event you complete. It's all about money for the EA team you knew it before but this time it really shows too well. I play this game so much of my time. And still I can't make this rediculous event to the end. Only chance for that would be to pay in real money and I'm done with that long time ago. And my cupcakes are also gone by the way, I had saved up about 65 of those. This event and challenge have really stolen everything I worked very hard for. And still I will not make it. Doesn't make any sense. Think they have to prepare for loosing many more players this time. Including me if I will not make the event.
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    It’s absurd. Too much work for too little reward. I don’t want 6 different colors of a lamp as a reward, I want the dress. Too frustrating. Give me something different as a reward, instead of 6 beds.These different colorways as rewards are a joke. And the new quest is also too much work for waayyy too little reward. I give up! EA is just too money grubbing
  • Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    Was not a very good event. Prizes were meh for the most part and ridiculously long events that earned little.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Doxiedog6 wrote: »
    Was not a very good event. Prizes were meh for the most part and ridiculously long events that earned little.

Yep. And the fact that they didn't give an item that gives us 125 event token currency every 11 hours (or sold us a $9.99USD bundle that I regularly buy, that gave us an item that spits out 400 event tokens every 11 hrs). We had to rely solely on the Challenge Rounds and the 6hr/12hr events that gave us less than 100 tokens:sleepy:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Snowdrop18 wrote: »
    It’s absurd. Too much work for too little reward. I don’t want 6 different colors of a lamp as a reward, I want the dress. Too frustrating. Give me something different as a reward, instead of 6 beds.These different colorways as rewards are a joke. And the new quest is also too much work for waayyy too little reward. I give up! EA is just too money grubbing

The pay per color swatch was such a bad, bad move and then to incorporate it into events, making it that much harder to complete collections. I'm still ruffled they haven't tossed it like everyone wants.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Shelleyc118Shelleyc118 Posts: 22 Member
    Same here, I spent over 300k and 23 cupcakes on this event and still didn't finish. I missed out by 4 boxes! This has got to be the worst event I've ever played in this game. I was failing sweet treat challenges at 92% so I always made sure I was over that percentage which only allowed me to play to round 6 or 7.
    The bonus's were skimpy too.
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2019
    What the $#@! EA. This event is a blatant cashgrab. It cons the player out of simcash, simoleons, cupcake galore!! Lowering my rating even more now from last year's autumn event. Absolute garbage. I just spent SO much simcash and simoleons that I've been saving up for over a year just for a failing cake to tell me I've lost all of the prizes I've spent so much crap working for. Dumb af

Edit: honestly, you know what, I haven't played for over a month and I keep going on hiatuses but now I'm just done. It's been a good ride but EA consistently doesn't learn from their mistakes. RIP
  • HikarikeiyooyuHikarikeiyooyu Posts: 1 New Member
    The current sweet treat showdown is more expensive and harder to finish than the first one. Looks like EA/fire monkeys never listen to the gamers rants. I hate to say this but I am gonna quit and uninstall this game if still the same and they won't do and make it easier and affordable. Many of us in our fb group are planning to boycott the game if this will continue to happen.
  • lassiterb76lassiterb76 Posts: 7 New Member
    This game is turning into absolute garbage. Dirty pool, EA... dirty pool. I love the decor amd fashion aspect of the sims mobile, but there's a growing amount of potentially competitive apps in those fields. Bummer, eh?
    The current sweet treat showdown is more expensive and harder to finish than the first one. Looks like EA/fire monkeys never listen to the gamers rants. I hate to say this but I am gonna quit and uninstall this game if still the same and they won't do and make it easier and affordable. Many of us in our fb group are planning to boycott the game if this will continue to happen.

Had no clue they had another one running because I haven't touched it since the first one.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • RellinaRellina Posts: 1 New Member
    Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome, with the primary intent of winning money or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements to be present: consideration (an amount wagered), risk (chance), and a prize.

What us being bet are the coins, simcash and cupcakes purchased with real life money. I thought that Online gambling is a highly regulated industry and the posted odds would be more relected of your realistic chance of winning. I have had far too many fails in the final two rounds that showed 90, 95 97% chance if success.

I am surprised that they have managed to keep their 12+ rating with an obvious gambling component in the game. I thought the age to gamble is 21?
  • OribaOriba Posts: 41 Member
    I have to agree! This is a very bad event.
    90% are Dessert Disaster, although I have at least 80%.
    I also had one Dessert Disaster with 98%.
  • RedQueen2965RedQueen2965 Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree i spent almost 2000 simcash, 80,000 simoleons and over 50 cupcakes on the first sweet treat event thinking it would be a while for me to build back up before another event, and i still was no where near opening all the boxes for the "grand prizes". Given the fact that the only real way to earn currency for these prizes is the showdown and the only way to guarantee a win and not complete waste of resources is to spend a ton of IRL money its impossible. You used to actually earn event currency for the events, but now that they are only woth 30 or 60 and only 1 royal icing the are almost pointless. I mean llama zoom taskes dont even reward you. And yhe boxes cost more every event. The thing that makes me the angriest is the only way to earn the new story is to open every box and they only way to do that is to spend hundreds of IRL money its getting ridiculous. I have been with this game from the beginning and spend IRL momey constantly and i cant keep up. Its very disappointing they care more about microtransactions than keeping players. Im seriously considering uninstalling and that breaks my heart, but i cant afford it anymore. Im about to give up and have to look for a different game. So disappointed.
  • OribaOriba Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2019
    This event is so frustrating!
    I finished the first quest (tutorial) successfully.
    Since that I always had Dessert Disaster in round 2.
    Yesterday and today I even had Dessert Disaster in round 1!

Althogh I love Sims Mobile I really feel like I have to uninstall this game since it is so so unfair, disapointing and frustrating! I makes no fun at all anymore!
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I stopped playing because its a cashgrab. It's almost impossible to finish the quest. It gives out very little and the game is too unpredictable. You have more to lose than to gain. You'd think a 95% chance in a success rate would have better outcome than losing. I made the mistake of using simcash once but realized its just not worth it. My simoleans were also depleting super quickly too in an attempt to get the most tokens out of these challenges since each box requires 500 to open and the activities don't give out much either. 60 sweet treat tokens and 1 royal treat in 7 hours with an 12hr refresh rate. How does that make sense? It's disappointing. I'm hoping that the Halloween quest doesn't use this method.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Four times on the last round I had the lowest 56 to 72% and won the round. I am barely trying, the only thing worth is the heirloom after opening all the other boxes. Taking the fun out of the game. Don't need more items with one house.
  • biggs33biggs33 Posts: 2 New Member
    Too many fails @ 90%+, no way to increase % enough without spending cash, takes WAY to long & too much clicking to get through each round (the "story" & scoring parts), and now it's only 10 round events, no more 7 or 9? BS. (on iPhone 7)
  • AutumnSorrow2019AutumnSorrow2019 Posts: 8 New Member
    The entire game has become exhausting. Takes far too much time and RL money to get anywhere. Spending hours to get a recolor and not even another one of the object itself. And got to love the 3450 simolean cost of a single cobweb or hole in the wall. SMH
  • biggs33biggs33 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just realized you can quit after any round & take what you've earned so far, rather than keep going to round 10 and lose almost every time. Was too small at bottom left of window to notice on tiny iPhone. Game changer, I think I will earn enough to open all boxes now!
    I feel it is getting pointless and boring. The challenges were ridiculously hard to complete and the big items for rewards are so-so.
  • Madison_SeattleMadison_Seattle Posts: 1 New Member
    I completed the wash n' fold event a few days ago and collected all 78 rewards so I could get the 2 grand prizes and the system glitched or something, cause the event ended and still didn't show up in my inventory.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I contacted several different people at EA and nobody has done anything to help me out; I've provided them with screenshots to prove I've collected everything, my player id#, my inventory etc and they still have done nothing to give me the grand prizes that I've never received.
    I completed the wash n' fold event a few days ago and collected all 78 rewards so I could get the 2 grand prizes and the system glitched or something, cause the event ended and still didn't show up in my inventory.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I contacted several different people at EA and nobody has done anything to help me out; I've provided them with screenshots to prove I've collected everything, my player id#, my inventory etc and they still have done nothing to give me the grand prizes that I've never received.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hasn't had a chance to happen to me yet because I've since uninstalled the app.

I hope you get your grand prizes. That's so unfair.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    I Agree with you so much! never spend money on the sugar cubes, it Gives you soooo little to what you pay. The % Odds are not really what they tell you. I believe it actually is always less than your %
  • SelenaSimsMobileSelenaSimsMobile Posts: 11 New Member
    I wish we had more interesting events. The Sweet Treat Showdown is really boring and the prizes are really hard to get and not even that good. It's not like it's challenging, though, because it's just based on chance and not hard work. And the multiple colour thing is horrible. I keep getting multiple colours that look really similar and then not getting the prizes I'd like. And the prizes don't have really cool interactions. Like I got the yoga ball and the only interaction was to sit on it like a normal chair, no bouncing or anything. So boring.
    It gets worse every time. And every time I keep participating, don't know why I keep trying.