Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Not at all! Get it in quickly to be judged, or just participate for fun :)
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member

I think I'll just participate for fun this month. Starting it now!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    Alright! Here is my entry; All That Matters.

Also, @lisabee2 the dropbox link on your blog for the participation banners isn't working for me, so I wasn't able to add it to my entry >_< But I'm entering under Veteran because I've been writing since I was a youngin.
    ntlW6ly.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am not dead LOL .. Dec was crazy and now I am trying to get the blog done today and my hubby is home and will NOT quit talking to me
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Alright! Here is my entry; All That Matters.

Also, @lisabee2 the dropbox link on your blog for the participation banners isn't working for me, so I wasn't able to add it to my entry >_< But I'm entering under Veteran because I've been writing since I was a youngin.

Oh so sorry .. I got a new computer for Christmas .. I will get the dropbox linked properly
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Here is the link to Nov - Dec participant banner https://dropbox.com/sh/ssodc6h78pxi5ky/AAC6QX6iepixWe8TYEkeX6Gda?dl=0
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Added it to my post, thanks so much ^~^
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited January 2020

I think I'll just participate for fun this month. Starting it now!

You made it in on time and it looks like your entry meets all the requirements for the vote <3 Don't forget I am PST ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Is it too late for me to participate for Dec? I don't care about judging or anything, I just want to use this to motivate me to write more simlit ^~^

Then you are going to like our next couple of months .. I have been brainstorming LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    WOW no novices this month? Did I miss anything?
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited January 2020
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2020
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    WOW no novices this month? Did I miss anything?

I'm surprised as well, but it's probably because I decided to enter as a Veteran last month (not to mention how busy December is). I think most new writers don't really know how this challenge works, so they don't try and those that do only enter once or twice (just guessing here). Excited about next month, though!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Regardless, voted. All fantastic entries this time as usual!
    Jacob_Banner.png
    I cannot wait to see what comes up from the creative writing collab
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Read, Commented and Voted ^~^/ All of the entries were lovely, I enjoyed reading them.
    ntlW6ly.png
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Hey, I finally made it back to read and vote after missing so many months. Great entries again everyone. I hope January brings many new inspirations.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    Voted! Great stories everyone. January is interesting. Are we supposed to write it in a story form (a scene of their backstory) or just answering the questions like a character chart?
    7YZVoCi.png
    Since we're uploading our sims to the gallery and providing links, and since it's a collaborative effort, are we meant to write for other people's sims?
    ntlW6ly.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm not totally sure, but that is the impression I got. I'd wait to hear confirmation first, though. I'm really excited for the challenge! It sounds like a great way to get a creative jumpstart. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Hi scribblers .. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have about the Jan 2020 challenge topic. I was trying to leave it kind of veiled for fun so that we could reveal it as time goes on but it’s probably better if I clarified with an answer of what the vision is.

In the first month, we are going to create our (own) protagonist. We create him or her or it in the form of a story. Your character is completely done at your whim .. positive or negative. We also will upload them (I thought we might want to use #monthlysimlitshortstorychallenge (be sure to indicate in your story where your character can be found) We will make them available for download because they will pay a part in the second and third month for other scribblers.

I have a handy dandy fun tool that might help you flesh out your protagonist ... it is pretty complex and while you cannot get all the info crammed into the story for the first month it is a good exercise to flesh out your character. You could also make it available for month 2 and 3 if you wanted.

Reedsy Character Profile Template pdf

The next month we will pick our antagonist from the other writer's 1st-month characters. We will write a story that depicts the relationship between your protagonist and the antagonist of your choice. What the cause of the friction between the two is. What goal are they preventing? What is the problem .. plot development?

In the third month, you will pick a supporting character this month (from the assortment offered up in month one) In your story you will bring your the protagonist and the supporting character together to resolve (or NOT) the problem.

The big caveat is that you will not develop or further mold the characters you adopt into your story .. they must stay as presented by their original creator in month one (this is why the dev sheet might be helpful)

I sincerely hope that’s a clear overview of the stories that I hope we will discover together. ANY questions or need for clarification please, please contact me.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Since we're uploading our sims to the gallery and providing links, and since it's a collaborative effort, are we meant to write for other people's sims?

You will write for your own protagonist but add in other simmers (from the challenge entries) in month 2 and 3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I'm not totally sure, but that is the impression I got. I'd wait to hear confirmation first, though. I'm really excited for the challenge! It sounds like a great way to get a creative jumpstart. :)

I am dying to know what .. actually who ... you all are bringing to the table
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Oooo that sounds really interesting! Thanks for the clarification ^~^/
    ntlW6ly.png
    Um, I have another question, sorry ^^' How do I get the link for my sim?? I tried going to the gallery in my browser but when I search under my name, only one sim comes up even though I've shared several.
    ntlW6ly.png
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I stayed up late to create a character because I thought we were writing stories about each other's sims which sounded really cool and fun, but now that I read the whole description, no offense, that sounds too complicated for me to keep up with. I'll probably wait until April to write something again.

Also, the hashtag is too long for the gallery, so the hashtag actually ends up being "monthlysimlitshortstorych."
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com